• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Togepi, Togetic or Togekiss on your team?

Did you use a member of the Togepi Family on your team?

• Yes

Votes: 106 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 67 38.7%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    just nostalgia...

i used my togetic for my heartgold becuz i remember playing my old gold game and i always used my togetic, dunno why but he always seemed to pwn...go togetic!!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2011
    I almost always use Togepi and Togetic.
    I have no real reason for it. I think it is more of habit than anything. I normally put Exp Share on Togepi and stick it at the back of the party. I only use it in battle when I need to finish off an opponent.
    I guess I'm wasting a good pokemon :(

Years
    back at the old times when I was playing gold and silver, I never put togepi in my team cause I think somehow she just too weak, but the soul silver that I'm currently playing now, I decided to gave her a shot. After she evolve to Togetic (which is one of the pokemon that look soooo cute to meXD), She surprised me in many waysXD That she can be such ridiculous defensive, and she were in my team to beat up Elite Four without dying XD

Ibis

flyin' with Lugia!
    Years
    Togepi and Togetic have both been on my team on my SoulSilver game. My Togetic will become a Togekiss soonish and I will keep him on the team as a permanent member because of how versatile he can be (in my opinion) and just because... I like him.

Raising Togepi was an interesting challenge for me since I was new to Pokemon gaming up until SoulSilver and so when he evolved into Togetic (which was actually really fast, all things considered), I considered it to be something of a little in-game accomplishment. :)

I'll have to admit though, having Togetic on the team can be difficult once you've advanced to the higher Gym levels. I'm looking forward to when I can finally stop worrying over his frailty which will be when he's ready to evolve into a Togekiss (which is when he's learned the moves he needs).

Ibis

flyin' with Lugia!
    Years
    My Togetic right now is... level 35ish, I think? :)

This Togetic is actually a child of my first Togepi that I received in-game as I started breeding to get a better Nature and Stats combination since my first Togepi had a disadvantageous Nature along with literal 0s where it was disadvantaged.

pockeyfox

Grand Trainer
    Years
    I'm pretty sure I would have made my life easier had I used one. However I am weird when it comes to legendaries and catch-only-one type pokemon.

I end up banking them to preserve their newness and I forget to use them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    honchkrow is my flying type atm and i'm very happy with him, but i've never used a member of the togepi family before and i really want to now. i think i've found my new IV breeding project!

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
    I used Togepi, because I wanted to test it out. My Togepi evolved at Level 19 and Togetic was pretty helpful throughout the game, I finally figured out you could buy Shiny Stones at the Pokathleon Dome and it finally evolved. My Togekiss knows Fly, Aura Sphere, Extrasensory and Sky Attack.

Pretty much exactly the same as my first one except i had Return in there somewhere, my secondary one had Return over Fly and Aerial Ace (i think) over Sky Attack, love this pokemon though

leov91

Forget Regret
    Years
    I love the Togekiss I use. I've done 2 different movesets with it. One was a Paraflinch

Thunderwave
    Airslash
    Aurasphere
    Roost

With that set you paralyze anything faster than you and Airslash them while they flinch to death. With Serene Grace they flinch opponents 60% of the time! They almost never get to attack, even less if you paralyze first. Plus they have a really good special attack, so opponents go down pretty quickly. The other set I ran switched Roost for Ancient Power. This gave Togekiss a 20% chance to raise EVERY sat. It seemed to work more than 20% of the time though... Try it out.

same reason as this guy except for thunder wave ^>^

Years
    I have a Togekiss on my HG team.
    It would be silly to have it again on SS, so I'll find a different flying type.

Back