• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Tokyo Olympics 202[0]1

Years

• It's finally here, Tokyo 2020! Time to see each nation's trailblazing athletes go at it in all sorts of sporting challenges - I know this is always something I'm pumped for every time it comes around, it's such a great event! Anyone else as excited as I am?

We'll use this thread to talk about all things Olympics - favourite events, athletes, thoughts on current standings or even if you just want to shout about how amazing Sweden's shot was in Archery!

I'll kick things off with a little controversy - amid the currenlt COVID-19 crisis and seeing how it's already affecting the Olympics, what are your thoughts on this still going ahead?

Or on a more positive note - that opening ceremony though! Has anyone else had a chance to watch it? If not, do so!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I was wide awake early this morning and watched it even though I had it set to record. I thought it was really good and loved the part where they showed all the different icons that they use and how Japan came up with them all those years ago.

Years
  • I'm mainly interested in Basketball and football.
    If something else happens to be on and my country is participating in it, I'll still watch though.

I've barely seen anything so far due to being busy=p

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I tend to watch for Gymnastics and Swimming. Though I like to watch some of the smaller stuff like Archery, Judo, Fencing and Taekwondo.

Years
  • What do you guys try and watch when it comes to the Olympics?

Literally everything I can to be honest, however I make special time for all Gymnastics, Archery and Swimming events.

Speaking of - anyone been watching the Skateboarding? Oh my god!!! I can't believe that all top 3 in the Women's category were under 16? That's crazy!

Also the Philippines getting its first Gold, yay!

AlexMills

pokemaster
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2021
    gah why do they make us wait until the end for freestyle wrestling??

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Well, after the disappointment of the Euro, I'm glad to see Spain playing a football final somewhere in the end.

Also, I love the scenes when an Italian and a Qatari tied on high jump -first time it happens in a century- and they decided to ask for two golds instead of forcing a tie-break. That was really heartwarming to watch.

Back