• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Too much water?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    So, did YOU think there was too much water in this game?

I thought there was a nice amount. Like if I had to rate it, maybe 7.8/10 :)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Do you mean in the landscape? If so, I think there was a little too much water. I love surfing on my Pokemon, but there were several routes of just water to explore, including diving underneath. It took forever @.@

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2016
    Well, Hoenn is based off of an actual location in Japan. So.... it has as much water as it should.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
    I found it a little annoying just due to the fact you always had to have a Pokemon with Surf in your party to progress during that part of the game... which was a fair bit. But, I mean, surf isn't the most useless move in battle so it wasn't that big a deal. It really did feel like you were in the middle of an ocean at some points, which was nice.

Years
    I actually didn't mind all the water, especially with how beautiful the battling scenes in the water were. And the encounter rate on the water got lowered so you can enjoy that happy surfing theme as well.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Interestingly enough, because the water routes were shortened from RSE into ORAS, along with Surf speed being raised through the roof, I actually felt the amount of water was handled very well in ORAS.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Interestingly enough, because the water routes were shortened from RSE into ORAS, along with Surf speed being raised through the roof, I actually felt the amount of water was handled very well in ORAS.
    I felt like this was awesome! Really felt like I was riding a Pokemon instead of swimming myself. I never Surfed on a Sharpedo, but I saw that that makes it go REALLY fast.

It's just the same amount of water as the originals. So I say it's just right :)

I was so surprised when I saw that people thought there was a lot of water in the originals, as I thought that was the whole point, so I agree with you :)

It's pretty nice! And no annoying water glitches as well!

Did you encounter glitches in the original Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I felt like this was awesome! Really felt like I was riding a Pokemon instead of swimming myself. I never Surfed on a Sharpedo, but I saw that that makes it go REALLY fast.

I was so surprised when I saw that people thought there was a lot of water in the originals, as I thought that was the whole point, so I agree with you :)

Did you encounter glitches in the original Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald?
    There's a rare glitch where two water routes near Pacifidlog town have the movement permissions messed up so you would be able to walk instead of surf (Not that you could actually walk there, it's in the middle of the ocean) but it triggers an event where you can't go from one route to the next. Only happened once, I have no idea why.

Back