• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Too soon?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Many of us may have said "omg B/W was only just released and now they're releasing B2/W2 soon". What I'm wondering is do you think just under two years is too quick - do you think we needed more time to settle into Unova? Do you think as a result these games may potentially be rushed in order to release them around now (due to the fact that they likely created Unova, then edited it after for B2/W2 with a seperate team). Would've you rather waited longer, and do you feel the advertising period for these games is too short, making you think that they're potentially hiding things because they don't have much to show? Discuss!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    No! I don't think it was too soon, mainly because it's not a completely seperated game, like it's still Unova, it's still gen V, I don't think it was too soon. I do agree just a bit on the advertising, but that just makes me more excited for them.

S.N.I(SanityNOTIncluded)

...That was fun!
    Years
    I feel that they'll probably overlook some details by trying to get it out so fast. Nothing big, but noticeable.

I really don't mind though, I was done with White after beating it about two or three times, so I'm actually kinda glad.

SS01

#PoC Collab
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I don't think it was too soon. I think if it was a Emerald/Platinum/Crystal type of thing, THEN it might be too soon, but since they're sequels as opposed to remakes, I think it's good. Especially since many people were disappointed at original Unova, maybe this will give them a chance to show people that Pokemon is still a decent series.

Just my two cents.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I dont think its too soon at all. Its been over a year since Black and White were released, and since these games are still 5th gen games and in Unova, I see no reason why they'd need to wait longer to release them.

Airodactyl

#142 Forever and Always
    Years
    After doing a little bit of research, it appears that two years seems to be the default position for releasing additions to each Pokemon generation. In fact, every 'third game' in the main franchise was released in Japan two years after the original duopoly. Despite the fact that these upcoming games will be the first direct sequel, there doesn't seem to be that much of a distinguishing factor in terms of release date from all of the other games so far. It really seems like par for the course in terms of how usual this all is.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    I don't think it's too soon at all!

But if you think otherwise, when the time comes and B2 and W2 come out, you could totaly send your compies to me, I could hold on to them for a while lol

Years
    Not really, no. It's usually two years in between games (this is usually the thing for other games, too, not just Pokemon- in fact they often come out sooner), and I have a feeling they've been working on B2/W2 for quite awhile, likely as soon as the originals were out. It's not like this is a new generation of Pokemon, in which case, yes, it would have been too soon.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I dont think its too soon at all. Its been over a year since Black and White were released, and since these games are still 5th gen games and in Unova, I see no reason why they'd need to wait longer to release them.
    To add onto this, Black and White was released 2 years ago in Japan. The game takes place two years later, and is being released in Japan two years later. It makes perfect sense.

That and I just want the games in my hand already. u_u

blue

gucci
    Years
    Two years too soon? Definitely not, I completed the game within a couple of weeks so waiting two years is certainly enough time to want to go back to Unova!

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I think its about right, like others have said, were still in Gen V, a new Gen would have been too soon definetly. All this hype for these upcoming games has made me regret trading off Black, I had my Pokedex completed and all...
    I brought it back and so far have only defeated 2 Gyms, However theres plenty of time, it comes out around Spring in Aus, so maybe September...

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    No, I don't think it is too soon. When you think about it, Japan got BW ages ago and two years is the standard gap for games. I think that it just seems really quick for us because the remakes were announced with such a short gap before their release. Also the fact that non-Japanese countries are getting the games relatively quickly makes it seem like things are going really fast.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    No, I just think that Gen 5 was a little bit too sudden and we need a little more time to "acclimate". Of course, I'm ready so bring it on Game Freak!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I don't think that these games are coming out too early, especially when it comes to release dates over all, Emerald was released in eight months (in japan) after the Kanto Remakes...while these games are two years after BW (in Japan), so no.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    I don't think they would have announced the game(s) much less start the coverage process if it was too early. This is a bit shorter then too years, so maybe they are just setting a new presence of spending up production of main series games and making generations a bit shorter.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I don't feel it's too soon at all considering BW seemed a bit short and nothing big in Pokemon has come out in awhile. I guess the crossover game was kind of recent but there was still a big gap between BW and Conquest. So I feel like I need a new Pokemon game right now.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Actually, I think it still feels just right in the end, since the timely release schedule is still being followed in my opinion - at least one main series game around every 2 years from recent times. Besides, BW seriously needed some follow-up as evidenced by some... well, unanswered questions and general incompleteness.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Oh it's perfect, really. Almost two years since it's release in Japan and two years later in the game makes it a little fun and special. Plus after a while of people asking, "What's next?", now we have our answer! If it came out later it would feel like they're just tossing one out their to entertain us, where as this feels like they're presenting us with one to excite us.

pknight96

Massive Unidentified Terrestrial Organism
    Years
    I think it should be out earlier, actually. Why? Four days. I beat the main story, caught all stationaries and Tornadus, AND became champ in that time frame. Four days. Plus it never tells you where N goes, anything about the Shadow Triad and the Godesses, and what became of Ghestis.

Back