• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TOP 5 Pokémon for Surfing !!

Auron

Legendary Guardian
Years
I wanna celebrate my 1,000 post amount sharing with you this Top 5 I made. The 5 most comfortable Pokémon for Surfing.

1.- Wailord: The same reason as Blastoise, but Wailord is bigger. It's like a ship !!

2.- Blastoise: Before Wailord, Blastoise was the 1st. Why ?? Well, its shell is smooth, and very comfortable. And Blastoise's surfing style has no swing. Think about Feraligatr, the swing makes surfing on Feraligatr an uncomfortable experience. You'll get wet xD

3.- Gyarados: Yes, Gyarados. Why ?? Its snake shape, allows you to surf on a high position. You won't get wet, and you don't have to worry about water foes. They won't reach you, and Gyarados will defend you fiercely.

4.- Lapras. Ah yes, the Ferry Pokémon. No explanations needed.

5.- Kyogre: Well, its body is not so smooth like Blastoise's shell, but anyways, it's quite comfortable.

Now, let's see your tops !! xD

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
1: Wailord. Big. It's like a cruise ship that you can carry in a small sphere! :D

2: Snorlax. It's fat is all soft and squishy like a big pillow. (Yes it can learn surf.)

3: Dragonair. It's like a snake, like Gyarados, but it's smaller and more slender. Plus it doesn't have all those rough scales.

4: Blastoise. It's got a big shell.

5: Feraligatr. You can sit between it's red spikey-things.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Dragonair is first.

It's the only one I use, so it would be the only one.
Oh and Kyogre's good too.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2011
Mantine. At least I can lie down on it.

Suicune. Something what I'll call surfing. I can feel the wind while Surfing on Suicune

Lugia. No worries about whirlpools.

Latios. A nice motorboat with feathers.

Wailord/Blastoise. A great lookout tower on water.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
1. Snorlax. Traveling in style, baby! ^-^ I've always liked Snorlax, and with all that fat it's probably so bouyant that it's next to impossible for it to sink, even if KOed. Snorlax can be pretty roomy too, so there'd be room for some comforts too. xD Also, Snorlax has no trouble with random electric discharges, so running into an accident with Chinchou or Lanturn wouldn't leave me stranded. Nice for leisurly travel.

2. Wailord. Several of the benefits mentioned for Snorlax and even more room, but it might have trouble navigating through more shallow waters or between islands or reefs. Also, the breathing hole might cause trouble.

3. Lanturn. Not very much room, but should work well for nighttime travel. ^-^

4. Dewgong. Again, not as much room but sometimes you need to give up some comfort in favour of speed. They're really fast in water, ya' know. :O

5. Gyarados. Again, a matter of traveling in style. There's just a certain appeal to traveling on something capable of single-handedly wrecking entire cities. >D Besides, I like the way it looks and you could get a far better lookout since its head is far higher from the water. ^^

Randomly, I wouldn't want to travel on Kyogre, to be honest. Remember the special ability? It wouldn't be any fun to have a drizzle start up whenever you try to surf somewhere. :O

J

good morning
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
Well, I'm feeling random, sooooooo.....
1. Wailord 8D
2. Lapras
3. Snorlax
4. Mantine
5. Blastiose

Years
1: Lapras The ultimate expert.
2: Wailord Big and fast.
3: Snorlax For a comfortable ride aslong as he doesn't fall asleep.
3: Lugia Must be a thrill to ride but I'm putting it equal 3rd cos it can fly easy too.
5: Raichu The speed on Raichu is magnificent although you might have trouble getting on.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Pikachu: Because it actually pulls out a little surf board. ^^
Raichu: Because it uses its tail as a surf board.
Mr.Mime: I saw it before when it used Mimic.
Snorlax: It's big... it can surf... COOL!
Charizard: I think I saw this... Charizard can learn Mimic can't it?

*~Hazel~*

Bay, Bayleef!
Years
1.) Lapras [Lapras was made for ferrying. It may not be fast, but the ride can be incredibly smooth. It's like the relax and lay back against one of the spikes on its shell, maybe catch a few sun rays...]

2.) Wailmer [Wailmer is pretty perfect for Surfing, he isn't as huge as his evolved form and has a nice area to sit on.]

3.) Gyarados [Gyarados has the benefit of length, so you can sit upon his crainum and enjoy the ride, but I always thought it might be a kind of rough ride, sitting up rather high in a rather small area. If you like heights, then have fun, but I'd rather stay away. Another benefit is that not a lot of Pokemon mess with Gyarados...]

4.) Kingdra [Kingdra is the Pokemon that can get you somewhere fast, and have fun on the way. I don't see myself sitting on a Kingdra since it's fin is in the way, but standing on one. If you place your feet on either side of its fin, you could practice surfing, yourself!]

5.) Blastoise [To me, the ride with a Blastoise across the sea would be a slow process, and not to mention, I don't think the shell would be to comfortable. Sure, it's smooth, but if the Pokemon makes a sharp turn, your overshell. xP]

I did not choice Snorlax because I see it more like drifting, not swimming. Snorlax is comfy, yes, but very, very slow. Besides, he'd probably fall asleep if you have him laying on his back. He can't backstroke and isn't too flexible. He's also kind of big and it wouldn't be easy to manuver around rocks. And, if you fall off, it won't be easy to climb back on...

Wailord is too big, plain and simple. It has WAY to much unnessasary space and I don't see it moving all that fast. You can't hit the shore with Wailord unless you want him beached. He's too big for his own good.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
Years
My Top Five

1) Lapras- Pretty simple. It'd be great for beginer surfers

2) Snorlax
- Talk about surfing in luxury! Since Snorlax is so fat, it would be a great pokemon to surf on.

3) Mantine- The fastest so far, plus it can jump out of the water and glide. Pretty sweet eh?

4) Kingdra- Great for better surfers. Since its so much smaller then any of the others, it would be harder to surf, but more fun.

5) Milotic- The hardest to actually surf on no doubt, but it would be extremly fun. Plus you would get to show off a sweet Milotic at the beach.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
Years
1. Dragonair: It's super cute, for one thing. And it has the ability to change the weather, so if it's stormy out on the ocean, Dragonair can just clear all the icky weather right up. :D

2. Lapras: Well, it actually enjoys ferrying people across water, so why not ride on it? It's also very cute. :3

3. Lugia: It swims, and it flies. Win. :D

4. Kabutops: Well, technically it can swim, despite being part Rock type. It's just really cool looking and would probably be a very fast swimmer~

5. Squirtle: Eeep, so cute! 8D

~Kelsey

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
Years
Snorlax wouldnt be good for surfing....

Remember the Orange Island episodes on the Grapefruit Islands when Ash's to-be Snorlax would eat all the grapefruits then swim to the next islands? How aswell....the belly stroke. Not a comfortable ride for anyone on it.

My top 5 would be the same as Auron's, he proves a good point on each.

Back