• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Torn World disappears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
  • I'm pretty sure that you can get back into the Torn World via turnback cave. the only catch is that you can only access it when you get to the main chamber in a limited number of moves. (like in D/P when you had to get to the chamber in a certain number of turns and depending on how few turns you take the rarer the item found was) I'm als pretty sure that you cannot get back into it from spear pillar, in that you have the dialga and palkia warps there when you find the items for the respective legend within Mt. Coronet.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • The Torn World does not disappear. I returned today to check, and even though I caught Giratina, and have the Platinum Orb, I still got in. Still, in order to, you need to go through Turnback Cave and take the portal at the end.

Can you access the whole torn world, or just the little part with the Platinum Orb?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I think that the only time you can access the entirety of Torn Word is when you go in to stop Cyrus and catch giratina. after that you can only access the little spot with the platinum orb from turnback cave.

Cema

Dis are an wittey tietl.
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    Aright, now then, from what I have gathered after both catching Giratina, coming back after receiving my National Dex to get Platinum Orb, and coming back again to test.

If you want to explore Torn World again, you will need to go through Turnback Cave, take the portal at the end, and then, in order to explore all of Torn World, you'll need to take the long way back.

In other words, plausible, but more effort.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • If you want to explore Torn World again, you will need to go through Turnback Cave, take the portal at the end, and then, in order to explore all of Torn World, you'll need to take the long way back.

Huh? What long way back?

Years
  • I don't think I'd mind if that closes up, the torn world looks like it'd give me a headache from the physics in there for some reason. XD

Cema

Dis are an wittey tietl.
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    If you want to explore Torn World again, you will need to go through Turnback Cave, take the portal at the end, and then, in order to explore all of Torn World, you'll need to take the long way back.

Huh? What long way back?

Instead of taking a straight path, you'll do a lot of platform pushing and phantom flashing. In other words, it takes longer.

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • After you capture rayquaza sky tower doesnt close up does it?
    After you capture mewtwo cerulean cave doesnt close up does it?
    after you capture ho-oh tin tower doesnt close up does it?
    after you capture uxie acuity cave doesnt close up does it?
    so why should the torn world close up?

~DestinedCailean

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Serebii.net said:
    After you have defeated the Elite Four, you will be able to into Turnback Cave, which Cynthia was blocking your entry to. [S-HIGHLIGHT]If you follow the puzzle here, where you have to get by three Pillars in randomised rooms before you hit a 30 room count, then instead of finding Giratina there like in DP, you find another entrance to the Torn World. Go into it by interacting with it[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

From here, you enter a new part of the Torn World. This area is pretty small and just has the flat perspective and a few platform hops. Once you get towards the end of it, you will find the item; Platinum Orb. This item is the only way of keeping Giratina in it's Origin Forme while outside of the Torn World. There is literally nothing else here so once you've got it, you can leave.

There is nothing in the text (above) that claims you can only go there a few times before it disappears.
    But it does say how to get there through Turn Back Cave ([S-HIGHLIGHT]highlited[/S-HIGHLIGHT] text).

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Well, as it's been said before, there are those who would like to make more use of the 3D system than the game allows.

Elevemage

Supreme Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2008
    Let me try to clarify this since I have Platinum. You go to the torn world in the first place because Cyrus (At Spear Pillar) summons Dialga and Palkia and then Giratina comes and sucks Cyrus into the Torn World also, the lake Pokemon and Cynthia go in with you. As for the question about how many times you can go back, I can't answer that question because I am currently stuck trying to catch Giratina(You fight him at the end of the Torn World). He's alot harder than Dialga/Palkia in Diamond/Pearl.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2008
    After you capture rayquaza sky tower doesnt close up does it?
    After you capture mewtwo cerulean cave doesnt close up does it?
    after you capture ho-oh tin tower doesnt close up does it?
    after you capture uxie acuity cave doesnt close up does it?
    so why should the torn world close up?

~DestinedCailean
    Because Torn World is an alternate dimension, not some tower or cave.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
  • Based on all the info so far in this thread, I think it's like this:

In the main storyline, you go to spear pillar and giratina sucks cyrus into the torn world, you go through it and battle giratina at the end. after exiting the torn world through the portal to spring path, you can't ever go back into that part of the torn world again. After beating the E4, you can enter a small "extra" part of the torn world by going thru turnback cave to get the platinum orb. This small extra section can be accessed indefinitely, however the "big portion" with the strength puzzles, upside-down waterfalls, etc. will be closed up.

Is this right? I really hope the last sentence isn't true.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back