• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Total Pokebro's Challenge

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    ~Started the game
    ~Named Myself Chris
    ~Named my Rival Trey
    ~Picked Chimchar as my starter named him Jack.
    ~Lost the battle to my rival (Growl Spam)
    ~Did the basic story line stuff
    ~Got my Pokeballs
    ~Caught a Shinx and a Starly named the Shinx James
    ~Traded the Starly for a Ralts egg when it hatched it was a male adamant Ralts Named it Will
    ~Trained on my way to Jubilife
    ~Caught a Zubat and a Psyduck named the Psyduck Gibbs and the Zubat Marty
    ~Currently training before taking on Roark.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Defeated Chuck right now, moving on Route 47 and 48 for training and Safari Zone.

I need to train Sunkern with Exp. Share up to Lv. 45, then I'll evolve him, if I find a Sun Stone in Bug Catching Contest. It's an hard one to train and harder to give him some good moves, but I'll try doing it.

Also, I got a Slugma Egg from the guy in Violet City's PC.

Any suggestion for the 6th Team member?

Lv. 31
    Surf
    Slash
    Crunch
    Ice Fang

Lv. 32
    Air Slash
    Fly
    Hypnosis
    Confusion

Lv. 32
    Aerial Ace
    Brick Break
    Drain Punch
    Strength

Lv. 30
    Cut
    Leech Seed
    Razor Leaf
    Grasswhistle

Lv. 31
    Fire Blast
    Yawn
    Recover
    Ancientpower​

Last edited:

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    ... The whole point of the challenge is that you're supposed to play with your top 6 bros. Everyone's team is supposed to be different, and we shouldn't be giving you your Pokemon.

pretty much what he said thanks for answering that one for me myrrhman

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Continuing on Yellow, I'm in Cinnabar Island's Pokemon Mansion, looking for the Secret Key.

Got Abra outside Vermilion (Kadabro) who evolved into Kadabra quickly, Gyarabro evolved into Gyarados, and a while later I got a Scyther in Celedon City (6500 coins took forever) named Scythbro (starts at L30, dude!). Then Pidgebro evolved into Pidgeot and Charbro into a Charizard.

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Team Okon:

Charbro the Charizard- L40
    Moves: Slash, Dig, Ember, Cut

Gyarabro the Gyarados - L40
    Moves: Body Slam, Dragon Rage, Strength, Bubblebeam

Kadabro the Kadabra - L40
    Moves: Psybeam, Recover, Psychic, Tri Attack

Pidgebro the Pidgeot - L41
    Moves: Fly, Take Down, Quick Attack, Wing Attack

Kingbro the Nidoking - L40
    Moves: Earthquake, Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt

Scythbro the Scyther - L41
    Moves: Slash, Double-Edge, Swords Dance, Leer

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Defeated Team Rocket in Goldenrod, now in Blackthorn.
    I got this Lv. 45 Gligar by trading with HG, so he got some TMs moves.
    And I also traded some bait Pokèmon with TMs.

Lv. 43
    Surf
    Waterfall
    Crunch
    Ice Beam

Lv. 42
    Zen Headbutt
    Sky Attack
    Fly
    Psychic

Lv. 43
    Swords Dance
    Brick Break
    Reversal
    Strength

Lv. 45
    Seed Bomb
    Synthesis
    Giga Drain
    Sludge Bomb

Lv. 45
    Fire Blast
    Yawn
    Recover
    Rock Slide

Lv. 45
    X-Scissor
    Swords Dance
    Stealth Rock
    Poison Jab​

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Update:
    ~Beat Roark easily (Jack Evolved)
    ~Beat Team Galactic in floaroma town(Will evolved twice)
    ~Trained in Eterna Woods with Cheryl. (Marty Evolved)
    ~Beat Gardenia without any problems
    ~Caught a Meditite (Named it Tia) subbed it in for my Shinx (James)
    ~Went through Mt.Coronet training along the way.
    ~Beat Fantina thanks to Marty who evolved after the battle.
    ~Completely owned my Rival on the way to Solaceon.
    ~Currently traing above Solaceon Town.

Team:
    Marty-Level 29
    Jack-Level 27
    Tia-Level 24
    Gibbs-Level 24
    Will-Level 25

P.S just some quick questions:
    1.Is it too late to add/Create Clauses?
    2.How is the term "Boss Encounter" defined?

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Though I can't speak for the creator of this thread, I'm pretty sure "boss encounter" in your case would be Rival/Gym Leader/Cyrus/Jupiter/Saturn/Mars/Elite Four.

TheMightyMrPlow

Pokemon N00B!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    Forget all of this, I've decided to actually play another game since I've only played FR/LG so far. Maybe after Crystal.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    So I'm starting the challenge now. Under normal circumstances, I'd be able to finish tonight, but I'm trying out a new thing, so it might not be done by the end of the night. But anyways, here we go with Blue Version: Starting Bro: Bromander

Yeah, much longer like I thought. After 1:14, I'm only through 4 gyms and started on Rocket Hideout (wait, why am I here, I have my Pokedoll...)

To anyone who's interested, I'm uploading both of the videos of my progress. First one is coming up now, and second one is... later, when I do it.
    See this sentence and the one below it?
    They are going to be replaced with the videos when they get uploaded/made.

My bros:
    Nidobro (level 27 Nidorino)
    Horn Attack, Body Slam, Leer, Poison Sting
    Charbro (level 29 Charmeleon)
    Ember, Scratch, Cut, Dig
    Parasbro (level 29 Parasect)
    Scratch, Stun Spore, Leech Life, Mega Drain
    Ratbro (level 28 Raticate)
    Water Gun, Tackle, Hyper Fang, Focus Energy (I accidentally replaced Quick Attack with Bubble Beam instead of Water Gun with Bubble Beam. Then I wasn't paying attention and deleted Bubblebeam for Focus Energy. Looks like Water Gun was meant to be.)

Last edited:

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
    I'll sign up under Heart Gold only...

Name: MysticFlygon
    In-Game Name: Blue
    Game: Heart Gold
    Actual or Emulator?: Actual
    Starter Bro: Cyndaquil
    Just one game or ultimate?: One
    Any extra clauses?: Bromance Clause

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Well, I picked this back up today. I beat Rocket Game Corner, then went and picked up my bike (which I missed). I beat Gary in the Lavender Tower (2 level 30's, 2 level 31's, I think I'm doing pretty good about keeping my team close to each other). Then I beat the Tower, and Snorlax, as well as a couple trainers at the top of the bike path. I went back and tackled Silph (Against Gary I started 36/36/36/36) and picked up my 5th bro, Lapbro the Lapras. But before I could fight Giovanni, I had to get Lapbro up to at least 31. So I began grinding bonding.

After adequate time, Lapras and co. took on Giovanni. Lapras swept him (except for Kangaskhan, who Ratbro took care of) at level 32 (5 levels lower than Parasbro and Nidobro). I got the Master ball and headed to Fuchsia, where I prepared to catch my final member. But first, I would need the Super Rod, and since I didn't have Fly, I opted to continue around the long way to get to Fuchsia. After all, it would give me some nice leveling that would inevitably need to be done. The last move that I'm going to get will come at level 50 (Nidobro's Double Kick), so the rest of the team is going to have to be at least at 45 when I challenge the Elite Four.

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    I need something to take my mind off of Heart Gold.

Name: chaos11011
    In-Game Name: Mariana
    Game: Diamond
    Actual or Emulator?: Actual
    Starter Bro: NidoranF
    Just one game or ultimate?: One game
    Extra Clause: Gym Equalizer, Regret, Rematch, I Hate Crits

(Regret: If one of my Pokemon Faint I must throw away 5 Items from my bag.)

(Rematch: If one of my Pokemon faint in a boss battle I must restart the battle and throw away 2 Items from my bag.)

(I Hate Crits: If the opponent gets a crit on me I must throw away one Item from my bag)

Question: If my Favorite is a NFE (Not Fully Evolved) may I evolve it? If I can't I will have no way to Surf and have 4 NFE's.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Uppydate:

Continued around to the East Fuchsia entrance. There, with the help of a trusty Super Rod, I bagged Starbro, the Staryu. He immediately learned Ice Beam and I headed into the Safari Zone. I got some stuff, Gold Teeth, and Surf. I traded in the Teeth for Surf, and then realized the Pokemon that I wanted to learn Strength can't learn it until level 50, because Nidorino can't learn Strength. So I'll have to have him at 50 before the beginning of VR.
    Decided it was time to beat Koga, which meant Staryu needed to catch up. So I trained him in the Pokemon Tower, where he could OHKO/2HKO Gastlies and get healed in between every battle. Once he learned Recover, I evolved him (Surf, Ice Beam, Psychic, Recover). He still needs 5 levels for me to fight Koga, but I'm done for now.

Edit: Horray! I finished up the last couple of Gyms, beat Gary, and went into VR. I did some grinding and Nidobro got to level 44, and I happened to have 6 Rare Candies at the time, so poof, he learned Double Kick, evolved to Nidoking, and learned Rock Slide and Strength.

Last edited:

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    oh dang guys I am sorry I haven't been able to load PC for a while and I am behind so idk who isn't on the list that should be I will update that ASAP

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Got through VR, but I still need to level everyone but Parasbro and Nidobro (45 and 50) to be able to fight the E4. Although I think I'm going to level them all to an even 50. That seems good.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Yuki please answer my question so I can start.

Question: If my Favorite is a NFE (Not Fully Evolved) may I evolve it? If I can't I will have no way to Surf and have 4 NFE's.

Question2: I will only have one Pokemon until I beat the First Gym because my second Pokemon will be at Valley Wind Works. But I'm doing the Gym Equalizer Clause. Barry has 2 Pokemon and Roark has 3, while I only have 1 Pokemon at that point. Should I catch temporary bros just for those to battles or just use one pokemon?

I also added 3 more clauses for the OP

(Rematch: If one of my Pokemon faint in a boss battle I must restart the battle and throw away 2 Items from my bag.)

(I Hate Crits: If the opponent gets a crit on me I must throw away one Item from my bag)

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    Yuki please answer my question so I can start.

Question2: I will only have one Pokemon until I beat the First Gym because my second Pokemon will be at Valley Wind Works. But I'm doing the Gym Equalizer Clause. Barry has 2 Pokemon and Roark has 3, while I only have 1 Pokemon at that point. Should I catch temporary bros just for those to battles or just use one pokemon?

I also added 3 more clauses for the OP

Question Number 1: the whole point of the challenge is use your bros but hm slaves are permitted I think I forgot to add that to the rules....

Question Number 2: hmmm good question..... Idk honestly because temp bros kinda cancels it out...

And an extra note love your clauses

P.S. Guys still having trouble with PC sorry

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Let me clear something up real quick, see my Starter will be NidoranF. I love Nidorina but am I allowed to evolve it? So I can Surf, bcause I don't like using HM Slaves.

If it helps to make your decision here's my team for this run.

Nidorina (or Nidoqueen if I can evolve)
    Pachirisu
    Loppuny
    Murkrow (or Hounchkrow if I can evolve)
    Stunky (or Stunktank if I can evolve)
    Gabite (or Garchomp if I can evolve)

See I like the NFE's better design wise though their Evolutions are my bro's two.

I'm just going to evolve them for the sake of the challenge. Just going to say that.

Back