• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Totodile? Cyndaquil? or Chikorita

Which Starter You Gonna Choose!

• Totodile

Votes: 43 38.4%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 46 41.1%
  • Chikorita

Votes: 23 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
Years
  • I'd have to say that this time, I'm going with Chikorita. I've been playing around with one in Pearl, and I'd have to say that it's much better than people are giving it credit for. When it comes time for me to choose, though, I'm hoping for an Adamant Chikorita. It's a defensive powerhouse, and with it being Adamant, it would lower it's Sp.ATK, but raise it's ATK, and most of what the Chikorita line learns are physical attacks. Can't wait! :D

Years
  • I have just got Pokemon Gold from my friend so I've chosen Totodile on that and I'll choose Cyndaquil on HeartGold. I can then also trade between games and get a Chikorita. BAM all three starters!

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
  • I have to disagree with so many people here, I just hate totadile, I think out of all the starters from all the gens Totadile has to be near the top of "my" most hated. Gold/silver were my favourite games by far. I chose chikarita first and I will do again. I like cindaquil too, I don't even think totadile looks good =/. Sorry all totodile lovers =[

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Chikorita because i never picked the grass type pokemon

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • I'm going for totodile. Mostly because I already got a preety good typhlosion in pokemon platinum (as seen in trainer card :p) Although maybe I'll go for Chikorita just its the least favorite of the 3 >=/

Years
  • Chikorita because i never choose the Grass Starters,although this thought process will probably be gone by the time the games come out in america and all.....

DiSCIclaimer

Is Taking Over The Earth
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2009
    Hmm.. Cyndaquil is porbally not my real favourite...but its evolutions just impress me..so il go for cyndaquil :)

Kleinchen

boldly going
    Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Cyndaquil and its evolutions are my most favorite Pokemon ever, and I ALWAYS try and have a Typhlosion on my team whenever possible, so it's a no-brainer for me. C; I love Cyndaquil! <3

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • Hard to decide ;_;
    Back when I played the original games I used to choose Cyndaquil or Chicorita. I first thought I would do the same again, but them I thought a change would be nice too.
    So...I think I'll choose Totodile this time. New game, new starter or so. =)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Totodile, always loved the little croc. I might give it a nickname... Maybe Lil Nipper.

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
  • Totodile because I remember on G/S/C me and my brother would always pick it due to it's ability to learn Ice Punch when it's a Croconaw via the TM You could buy at Goldenrod Dept. Store, which would take care of the Chikorita we were always annoyed about. Also, out of the four water starters it's probably the best and probably my favourite.

Totodiles FTW!!!!

Totodile, always loved the little croc. I might give it a nickname... Maybe Lil Nipper.

lol wont be so little when it's a feraligatr. what me and my bro used to do was we used to name a Pokemon after it's final evolution (i.e. naming a totodile feraligatr) so when it evolves it says 'congratulations! your feraligatr just evolved into a croconaw!' it was funny and it wouldnt exactly cause any harm when it was a feraligatr.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2009
    I'll choose Cyndaquil. Gold was my first game ever and that's the one I chose so... I want the good memories back xD

Back