• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
    Years
    We can clone so we have an unlimited amount so why not give out for free? :P

Because that makes everyone in TC lazy, which is why every giveaway is the most active place on TC. I mean, why do anything for yourself if you can just be lazy and get it from someone else? Great example the mods set for TC.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Because that makes everyone in TC lazy, which is why every giveaway is the most active place on TC. I mean, why do anything for yourself if you can just be lazy and get it from someone else? Great example the mods set for TC.
    Which is why I do most of my trading on other sites yup PC just sucks for actual trading and pretty much has for as long as I've been here.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
    Years

Starting from today, you shall be henceforth barred from free handouts from me and EV o3 o

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Honestly, giveaways are pretty harmless when it comes to influencing activity. Cloning is the most detrimental thing to the trading market, I'd say. Even if you have just one flawless shiny, you can clone that as trade fodder and build up your collection; eventually killing off your need to trade further. The accessability of Kalos bred flawless shinies combined with easy mass cloning thanks to Powersaves has rapidly slowed trading communities in the past few months.

When Pokécheck updates, I have no doubt that a large amount of flawless shinies will need to be replaced due to being shinified or being mass cloned depending on one's preferences. I don't know about other people, but I would prefer if my shinies didn't have "appears 500 times in the database" on their profile like most Extremespeed Genesects. Trading may pick up because of this, who knows.

I just know that the trading communities that remain extremely active long after a new generation releases, and even in the summer, ban cloning; and SV shinies nor giveaways slowed them down.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I like cloning but I agree it hurts trading -- before when we had such a hard time cloning trade boomed. Now, a lull. Yay. :c

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Don't forget about school and finals and all that going on right now. It'll pick back up when summer is here don't worry. :P

Years
    Wondering a bit... as a Northborder "American",
    by GMT clock when are the higher shop/trading activity level times "here" generally?
    Gamefaqs is stupid trolly. Not around much other sites than pe2k rarely, serebii-pf rarely.

now 2.40am my local, no rush, casual miasma *cough*

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Wondering a bit... as a Northborder "American",
    by GMT clock when are the higher shop/trading activity level times "here" generally?
    Gamefaqs is stupid trolly. Not around much other sites than pe2k rarely, serebii-pf rarely.

now 2.40am my local, no rush, casual miasma *cough*

The majority of us are on GMT-4, GMT-5, and GMT-6 as most of us are American or Canadian.

Years
    As sad as it is, I don't really care that Wi-Fi is about to end. I feel like it's not really much of a big deal. My main White 2 version has plenty of stuff to utilize that I can breed, and the only real reason I would transfer something that i'd use seriously is if it had a Move Tutor move. And i'd imagine we're gonna get Move Tutors in ORAS, especially if they bring back the Battle Frontier. For that matter, you can't pass Poké Balls from the DS games, so it's not a major thing for me.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    It doesn't affect me too much either, but it's still sad that it's the end of an era. :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I've had confirmation of this before, but just to make sure, transfering to gen 3 to 4 and 4 - 5 won't be effected, right?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I will love Nintendo and Gamefreak if they bring back Battle Frontier. Hands down it's one of my favourite parts of the 4th generation and I'm happy even if they were to bring that back from 4th gen rather than Emeralds, which would still be nice I know a lot of people liked that. I loved being able to train the most trash Pokemon in existence and not be judged for running it because it was fun. You wanna run your trashy Pinsir which isn't really suited for VGC but still wanna do it because it's fun, go for it. You wanna run amazing CB Volbeat then go for it.

Tbh I just want the connectivity online with those features back for all the facilities, it's boring having todo multi battles locally especially when you don't know who actually plays Pokemon.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I've had confirmation of this before, but just to make sure, transfering to gen 3 to 4 and 4 - 5 won't be effected, right?

Three to four and four to five are both done locally, so no they will not be affected. Neither will transferring from five to six.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back