• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Even though we don't use Gen 5 trade much any more, it's still sad to me to see it go, since it was what brought me here in the first place. :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Oops, final day of wifi. Gotta download everything I can off pokecheck, especially all those Dittos. *runs away*

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I won't be doing anything special today. Tomorrow, I will continue to go on and not care about it being gone lol

Years
    But this brings me to a question: if this (internet shutting down for good) happens with the 3DS (which i'm sure it will, even if not for some years), does that mean Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter would no longer be usable? That would be an odd idea to consider...

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    But this brings me to a question: if this (internet shutting down for good) happens with the 3DS (which i'm sure it will, even if not for some years), does that mean Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter would no longer be usable? That would be an odd idea to consider...

Yes, but since these servers are owned by Nintendo and not an outside company, the chance of that happening while these games are anywhere close to relevant is nil. Of course, transferring from Gen 3 to ... 10 or whatever will be halted.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Nintendo mentioned handing down Pokémon to your children with Pokémon Bank, lol. I think we're safe for a while.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Transferring from Gen 3? What even is Gen 3 anymore? All anyone cares about anymore is Kalos bred stuff. RNGd stuff is worthless now unless it's Dittos. My poor Moon Ball Articuno I spent weeks on getting is now worthless... /cries

Years
    Dive Balls are imo XY useless. Dive Ball Articuno is what I would care for cuz I haz had Bubblebeam-WaterPulse chezbrgrz over da yeerz

Transferring from Gen 3? What even is Gen 3 anymore?

iirc
    - XD move tutor nonsense like Nightmare Butterfree or just shadow guys in general like Baton Pass funny stuff
    aka BP Zapdos/Rapidash/Dodrio... BP + Acupressure... praise Helix..

Years
    I'll be adding couple more sections to my old shop in order to (hopefully) accomodate more traders... I hope to get it open by the 25th.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Spent the day downloading boxes of mons off pokecheck. Pretty sure I got all the Dittos I'll need for a lifetime. And got tons of pretty ball rare females to keep in case I can't ever find them in the future. Just wait, tomorrow I'll remember something I missed and it'll be too late. :(

Also it's past 4 am and I still can't sleep hnnnng I hate insomnia.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Guys, it's dead now... forever.. REALLY dead now =(

Lucky for me I downloaded that Lullaby for Gen 5 when I did.. hopefully I have enough Victinis to give away.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    I made clones of my IV/EV pokemon as a back up and took a 6IV ditto just because it was my last chance to use it before it went away forever.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I wish that my 2000th post could be coming on a more joyous occasion, but instead it comes on the day Wifi for the DS shut down. As such I feel it appropriate to say a few words.

The advent of the DS brought us together. The ability to trade over the internet was new and it led to the creation of this forum. Trade Corner owes its existence to the DS. It's sad to see that it won't follow us into the future of trading, but gen 6 takes all the lessons of previous games and improves it significantly. At the same time, we are losing features. No more fun emoticons. No more picking 3 Pokemon to trade from. No more Pokecheck, unless they finally get their crap together. No more trading for people who can't afford a 3DS.

As I said earlier in this thread, it was DS wifi trading that brought me to Pokecommunity in the first place. I've brought it up a few times in the past, but if I hadn't needed that Vullaby I would be living a very different life most likely. I might have gone insane a long time ago in fact.

Goodbye, DS Nintendo Wifi. You will be missed but never forgotten. o7

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    ♥♥♥♥ I forgot to back up and download all my RNGs stuff ♥♥♥♥

EDIT: crying a bit as I remove all traces of Gen IV and V :'( I'll get over it soon and go back to pretty ball females and SVs though. If I missed something let me know.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Wow. It really is the end of an era. We've come a long way since the introduction of wifi in gen 4, and I'm sad to see it go. I was hoping they wouldn't take down Wi-Fi until later in the day (just got out of an exam, and wanted to get some more stuff off of Pokecheck before the shutdown). At least I got a lot of the stuff I needed, and hopefully I can get the rest of the dream ball Pokémon and other things I was hoping to send through from trades, if need be. And I can trade with myself on the older games, so at least that element isn't an issue.

Still, the whole thing does make me worry about a gen 6 wifi shutdown at some point, and perhaps not as far off as I had originally thought.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've personally haven't used gen four Wi-Fi all that much, aside from the occasional battle I used to have with people. :P Definitely sucks to see it go, but I won't really be affected by it.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I've personally haven't used gen four Wi-Fi all that much, aside from the occasional battle I used to have with people. :P Definitely sucks to see it go, but I won't really be affected by it.

But it was gen 5 WiFi as well and that was used by a lot of us u_u

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Oh, right, right, completely forgot about that. It's the same, though; haven't used it much, either. :(

It pretty much kicked Pokecheck to the dirt haha -- at least I can upload and download .pkm files still, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back