• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
  • Uh... I am distracted by breeding so that's why I haven't beaten Y yet. I don't understand your question.
    Well what the hell could you be breeding that you don't care about the IVs? You aren't able to even check if your bred mons are good at that point in the game.

Sorry it just seems weird to me that someone would be breeding before the post game when so much more is available for breeding.

I suppose the fact that you can use KeySAV makes a bit more sense.

Last edited:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I have one badge XD So that might make it a little difficult.

Easy bro, train a Happy Hour Smeargle and have it hold Amulet Coin. You get tons of money from every battle.

Smeargle @ Amulet Coin
    Ability: Technician
    EV: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    - Pay Day
    - Happy Hour
    - Soak
    - Recover

This maxes the payout you will get and damage from Pay Day. Technician boosted, STAB, Adamant for more damage as Smeargle has higher Speed than Attack. Jolly could be used to be faster though. Happy Hour for obvious reasons. Soak is to be able to hit Ghost types with Pay Day. Recover gives healing.

This is the same as the Catching Smeargle I use except you swap Pay Day for False Swipe and Happy Hour for Spore. Soak then allows you to hit Ghost with False Swipe and Spore Grass types.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I find it rather strange that there's only ONE Apricorn craftsman in the entire Pokemon World. I mean you'd think there would be at least a few hobbyists out there, right?

There are..., but the onlybApricorn trees are in Johto. Attempts to export to Sinnoh caused alarm from environmentalmactivist who feared the mass harvesting of such a rare tree would lead to extinction of the trees. Atempts have been made to transplant thevtrees have also failed. For one to admir these beauties they will have to journey to Johto and see them in person.

Years
  • I will be doing this now hahaha I just hope I don't run out of money on Y >.>

I too am going to be testing this theory out. The only drawback I see is if you are breeding for egg moves. You will have to reteach the egg move to the parent. I like how the egg moves will stay the same as long as you don't take the parent out though, even after they have lost it.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Easy bro, train a Happy Hour Smeargle and have it hold Amulet Coin. You get tons of money from every battle.

Smeargle @ Amulet Coin
    Ability: Technician
    EV: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Pay Day
    - Happy Hour
    - Damp
    - Recover

This maxes the payout you will get and damage from Pay Day. Technician boosted, STAB, Adamant for more damage as Smeargle has higher Speed than Attack. Jolly could be used to be faster though. Happy Hour for obvious reasons. Damp is to be able to hit Ghost types with Pay Day. Recover gives healing.

This is the same as the Catching Smeargle I use except you swap Pay Day for False Swipe and Happy Hour for Spore. Damp then allows you to hit Ghost with False Swipe and Spore Grass types.

I can't find information on this Damp move, would you care to share?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I just picked up Pokemon Ranger today! So once I beat it I can get a Manaphy Egg! All I need now is a 4th gen game to go with it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I just picked up Pokemon Ranger today! So once I beat it I can get a Manaphy Egg! All I need now is a 4th gen game to go with it.

Acctually.... What you REALLY need is TWO Gen IV games. One to RNG it on for transfer to the other so that you can get a shiny.... ;-)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I was able to get a hold of Manaphy egg before, but it was due to hacking. xD" Wouldn't have done it, but I didn't have the Pokémon Ranger game, though, so I wasn't able to obtain it legitimately.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Acctually.... What you REALLY need is TWO Gen IV games. One to RNG it on for transfer to the other so that you can get a shiny.... ;-)
    Pffffft, I don't think you know me very well. Lemme introduce myself: Necrum Warrior, IV Breeder Extraordinaire. Back in gen 5 I was one of the only people who didn't RNG. Not because I disapprove, but because I feel like it would ruin the breeding I enjoy so much.

Admittedly, Gen 6's buffs to breeding kinda diminished my self imposed title. That's not to say I have never considered the possibility of learning. In particular I think it would be cool to be able to RNG Dream Radar Pokemon. A Hex Flawless Regenerator Ho-Oh would be fantastic! But I always come to the same conclusion: why breed normally when I know RNG? And that idea scares me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    So, I'm looking for a Metang/Metagross with Stealth Rock and good IVs. I predict it will take approximately 4982.45 years to find it. Wish me luck!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2016
    Good luck getting it! Have you tried the QTT threads?

Yep! Doubt I'll be able to get it though. I tried catching a ton of Metang in my White 2 and quickly realized I was pretty much gonna have to be at it for at least 10000 years or so. Hopefully, someone does PM me but eh, if I can't get one I'll just choose a different Pokemon.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I can't find information on this Damp move, would you care to share?

I meant Soak. Damp is an Ability lol. I fail.

Regardless it changes the targets type to Water. So you can then hit Ghosts with Normal Moves and use Spore on Grass types.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I meant Soak. Damp is an Ability lol. I fail.

Regardless it changes the targets type to Water. So you can then hit Ghosts with Normal Moves and use Spore on Grass types.

Can you clone? >.> If you can get that cloned I'd die a happy man.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Can you clone? >.> If you can get that cloned I'd die a happy man.
    Actually I can't clone. Another problem is internet. My router died. Like complete death. I could potentially try trading using a WiFi hotspot from my phone but I'm not sure how well that will work.

I can breed Smeargle all day with 5IV and Adamant/Jolly Nature. I can also EV train and Sketch all the Moves. I would high ball the entire project taking about an hour. You just need to tell me your preferred Nature. Also be aware that I have NO idea when my internet will be working again. As always, it will be in a Premier Ball. I guess include a gender if you prefer one.

Anybody else that wants one, please send your request in a Private Message.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Actually I can't clone. Another problem is internet. My router died. Like complete death. I could potentially try trading using a WiFi hotspot from my phone but I'm not sure how well that will work.

I can breed Smeargle all day with 5IV and Adamant/Jolly Nature. I can also EV train and Sketch all the Moves. I would high ball the entire project taking about an hour. You just need to tell me your preferred Nature. Also be aware that I have NO idea when my internet will be working again. As always, it will be in a Premier Ball. I guess include a gender if you prefer one.

Anybody else that wants one, please send your request in a Private Message.

That would be awesome! Adamant would be best tbqh. I'll get you something nice and save it for you. WiFi hotspot works great for trading on my phone so it should work fine for you too bud.

Shhmew

Years
  • Hii everyone... I've always been a little shy to post here considering I don't do much trading, but I do like breeding so I've been doing a tiny bit of that. Currently though, I'm Masuda Methoding...

I've always really wanted a good Smeargle, but I haven't tried competitive battling yet so I have no idea what a good set for it would be haha... .-. I know it's good at setting things up like Sticky Web and Stealth Rocks, and it needs a focus sash, but not much else. Plus I don't have very much to trade yet. Though uhh I've got lots of 5IV Jolly Shinx with Guts due to Masuda Methoding. (I got Ice Fang on them too!)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back