• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Hii everyone... I've always been a little shy to post here considering I don't do much trading, but I do like breeding so I've been doing a tiny bit of that. Currently though, I'm Masuda Methoding...

I've always really wanted a good Smeargle, but I haven't tried competitive battling yet so I have no idea what a good set for it would be haha... .-. I know it's good at setting things up like Sticky Web and Stealth Rocks, and it needs a focus sash, but not much else. Plus I don't have very much to trade yet. Though uhh I've got lots of 5IV Jolly Shinx with Guts due to Masuda Methoding. (I got Ice Fang on them too!)

I feel like the Smeargle question is probably better served in the battle section but I'll answer it.

I don't believe Smeargle is good for hazard setting as there are more durable Pokémon that can set hazards and a suicide lead is practically dead in Gen 6.

I personally feel that Smeargle if used competitively is to Baton Pass. You can use a Shell Smash with White Herb or Geomancy with Power Herb. It also has a use to run Dark Void for a VGC team. A last thing to note, almost every Smeargle runs Spore if it's playing in Singles. Dark Void has no use in Doubles if you're playing by Smogon rules.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Smeargle is a hard Poke to master but I've seen it a lot, especially recently... interesting Poke.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    If we're talking doubles, I can drop you a set... and then curse at you venomously. I hate Smeargle. Hate! /hisses
    Smeargle is one of my child hood favorites, haha. I used to always want one but could either A. not find one, or B. could not use it very effectively cuz I was stupid and young.

Now adays I'm just A. too lazy, or B. too lazy.

Years
    When I hunt for hidden abilities in hordes, what I would usually use for that is a Budew/Roselia with Worry Seed, and I would keep using it on them until i've checked all five of them. Some of them will reveal if there is one at all (i.e. Scraggy with Intimidate and Durant with Truant). Funnily enough, I caught a female HA Gligar in a horde, but it has perhaps THE s***iest nature it could possibly have (Quiet).

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    It gives me a reason to use Smeargle though :)

I have some Moody ability ones... although annoying when it activates, it does make the Pokemon interesting. Too bad the ability is banned.

My Horde Hunter (for the Alliance! lol) has Misty Terrain (which is usually the first move he uses) and Own Tempo ability. That prevents a lot of BS from happening while I KO the male Pokemon in the horde. Entrainment to scout the females for any hidden ability.

EDIT: I also have a Smeargle trained to have all of the Dance moves that Lilligant can't learn. They both help me get that free Heart Scale each day.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    I use a gardevoir with Trace when hunting for HA in the friend safari. A lot quicker than using a durant with entrainment, haha. Durant would still be the best for horde encounters, though.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
    Years
    I use a gardevoir with Trace when hunting for HA in the friend safari. A lot quicker than using a durant with entrainment, haha. Durant would still be the best for horde encounters, though.

I like my Role Play Greninja more, to be honest.

If you're after Smoochum or Gligar, the best Pokemon to use is any one with access to Poison Gas (poisons all opponents). Immunity Gligar won't get poisoned and the ability will trigger. Smoochum's Hydration will activate when you switch ou to Politoed or follow up with Rain Dance

Years
    Wait, Poison Gas hits all opponents? I only just now realized that, cool. Except it can miss (granted, its accuracy was upped to 90 in this game, but still, it's like Rock Slide where it misses that one opponent you need it to hit).

And with Trace, if it has the ability you can just find out, so you can throw a Quick Ball straight afterward.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    The poison gas strategy is pretty neat. I hadn't considered it. I like trace because it is immediate, no time wasted using a move.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    So, I'm looking for a Metang/Metagross with Stealth Rock and good IVs. I predict it will take approximately 4982.45 years to find it. Wish me luck!

Can it learn Stealth Rock in Gen VI??? Or are you looking for a Gen IV/Gen V? (Or transfered to Gen VI?)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Hmmmm. I DO have access to a Beldum in gen 5 that has really nice stats. But it's from PCX and I'm really not sure what the trading rights are on it. Maybe I should evolve and tutor it for my own use. ;)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    /facepalm

Looked all over the Trade Plaza for a place to ask this... and then I realized I'm already subscribed to the thread where I can ask a question :)

Is there anywhere I can get hidden abilities on starter Pokemon? I have Piplup (got it from the GTS and only realized it had the HA after breeding it a few times) but wanted the rest too. I researched a little and found out that the Gen 5 starters aren't available in B/W 2 (in the USA anyways), but was hoping there are some floating around the Trade Plaza? Any sightings?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    /facepalm

Looked all over the Trade Plaza for a place to ask this... and then I realized I'm already subscribed to the thread where I can ask a question :)

Is there anywhere I can get hidden abilities on starter Pokemon? I have Piplup (got it from the GTS and only realized it had the HA after breeding it a few times) but wanted the rest too. I researched a little and found out that the Gen 5 starters aren't available in B/W 2 (in the USA anyways), but was hoping there are some floating around the Trade Plaza? Any sightings?

Well Gen 2 & 5 HA starters have not been released and are unobtainable. If you look around TC shops or ask in QTT, I'm sure people here have Gen 3, 1, 6 & 4 HA starters to offer. You can catch Gen 1 & 6 HA starters in Friend Safaris, as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back