• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trade Corner's 30 Day Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Day 3: What's your favourite Pokémon? Have you ever traded for it? Leafeon - I've traded to acquire events Leafeon, and a Friend Ball Eevee to breed myself a Shiny and make it evolve

Years
  • Day 3: What's your favourite Pokémon? Have you ever traded for it?
    i like several Pokemon, and Shiny in general. i like Lucario/Riolu the most. i breed its shiny both on 6 and 7 gen. i would never trade it with anything. basically i will not trade my own shiny with random person. i will only trade it with someone i trust enough to take care of them.

Years
    My favorite? Hmm...I have way too many! My current favorite is Kanto Ninetails. I did end up getting one off the GTS back in Omega Ruby, since I wanted one on my team before I beat the game.

Years

My favorite Pokemon would have to be Serperior. I originally came here in search of a shiny one, now I have three!

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years

Hard choice, but Articuno. I traded for one with good IVs when 6th Gen was relatively new.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Day 4: What is your favourite Shiny Pokémon that you own and did you have to trade for it? Pumpkaboo. After I tried for so long to breed it myself, Mikazuki sent me a TSV Pumpkaboo egg

Years
  • Day 4: What is your favourite Shiny Pokémon that you own and did you have to trade for it?
    i would say Rotom and Riolu. for Rotom, yes. i traded with RNC to get shiny Rotom for internet competition. for Riolu, NO. i like the idea of "my shiny with my OT" so i do my best to get my own shiny instead of trading recently. i quite do trade with others, i don't hate trade, unless they are not my OT shinies.

Years
  • Day 4: What is your favourite Shiny Pokémon that you own and did you have to trade for it?
    Zorua/Zoroark! I did have to trade for it back in OR, however now that I have the shiny charm in Sun I'm trying to breed one of my own!

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Day 1: When did you start trading? How did you end up getting into it?

Depends. Trading what? In June 2007 I joined GameFAQs for the first time solely because of the Diamond and Pearl Trading Boards. Sure, I was "trading" at that time, but definitely not heavily trading. I had about a dozen events and probably less than a dozen shinies on my Diamond cart before I lost it in November 2008. May 2009 was my first real exposure to the trading scene because I started heavily event trading. I traded 30 of my Distant Land Pokemon for 30 random GBA events such as 10JAHRE. I ended up getting picked up by Pokemon Secure to get my event legit checked, and that was the start of me collecting legit events.

Day 2: Most recent Pokémon you traded? What did you get in exchange?

Today, I traded a proofed CHT PC Tohoku Victini for a proofed SPA Lillie Vulpix. Before that, I traded 10 proofed gen 7 events for CHT/JP PC Tohoku Victini and FRA/KOR Lillie Vulpix.

Day 3: What's your favourite Pokémon? Have you ever traded for it?
    *looks at sig*

Lugia, of course! Uh... Of course I've traded for it? I have every Lugia event, I have multiple Shiny Lugia's, I have a few proofed event Lugia's, but my trading philosophy isn't determined by what my favorite Pokemon is. If you want to even complete your Pokedex, of course you'd have to trade for it.

Day 4: What is your favourite Shiny Pokémon that you own and did you have to trade for it?

My favorite? Hmm... I think the one closest to my heart would be the Shiny Thundurus that was RNG'd and personally given to me by Flan. Shiny Thundurus was by far the hardest shiny legendary to find legit. I've went through around 8 hacked Shiny Thundurus before Flan got their own and gave it to me.

I'd say my most valuable shiny is my personally obtained Shiny Manaphy. In March, I found a Manaphy egg in my Platinum game from 2010, and at that time I only had one legit Shiny Manaphy that was personally given to me by Kaphotics himself, he RNG'd it and gave it to me. I RNG'd my own Shiny Manaphy by trading it to my SoulSilver cart (because the only way to legitimately get a Shiny Manaphy is to trade the egg to another game and let them hatch it, you can't hatch it on the game you obtained the egg in).

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years

Day 4: What is your favourite Shiny Pokémon that you own and did you have to trade for it?

Day's 3 & 4 have the same answer, its Flygon for me and honestly I can't ever remember a time where I asked for one but I probably asked for a normal Trapinch though in the past. Not only did I decide to go for a shiny one this Gen I also caught the original Trapinch in a Beast Ball so it would hatch in one.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years

Braviary. Kinda, I SV abused it.

Years
  • Day 5: Do you prefer the Gen 6 PSS or Gen 7's Festival Plaza?
    still cannot decide it. PSS is indeed easier to navigate rather than Plaza since you only have to look at bottom screen and check online friends unlike the Plaza where you have to open the list, update the list to see online friends. however, i cannot deny that i like the Plaza too. we are able to buy clothes from other players which some of them are version exclusives. that's really fun. plus, instead of one-styled PSS, you can actually decorate your Plaza, change its musics, arrange your shops. well, both have advantages and disadvantages, so i cannot decide which one better, yet.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Day 5: Do you prefer the Gen 6 PSS or Gen 7's Festival Plaza?
    I think I would have to go with the popular answer, the PSS, mainly because you can go anywhere in the region while staying online in the PSS. But I think the PSS was harder to navigate than Festival Plaza. There's 3 different categories for people in the PSS, and I'm still not sure what determines the last category for random people online. The trading in the PSS is also very inconvenient, it starts you out in your battle box and you have to keep switching boxes between every 1 Pokemon you trade. It gets really annoying if my Pokemon is in box 19 or something.

Hmm... Actually, I'm switching my answer to the Festival Plaza.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Day 5: Do you prefer the Gen 6 PSS or Gen 7's Festival Plaza? I preferred the PSS for the simple reason I could trade anywhere and anytime. I didn't have to interrupt what I was doing to trade. However, PSS' UI is fugly, and Festival Plaza is much more interactive. I prefer Gen 7's trading system too - I don't have to nickname Pokémon to communicate with the other trader

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years
  • Day 1: When did you start trading? How did you end up getting into it?
    I traded a lot as a kid, but I didn't become a serious trader until I started up a shop last August on Serebii.

Day 2: Most recent Pokémon you traded? What did you get in exchange?

I traded a shiny Slowpoke to my girlfriend for nothing much in return.

Day 3: What's your favourite Pokémon? Have you ever traded for it?
    My favorite is Absol to the point that I have abstract Absol tattoos on my forearms. I have traded for it multiple times like for events and shiny/

Seeing as I have almost every shiny including gender differences, it's hard to say. I like simpler pallet swaps like Zangoose, Lugia, and Absol. Even though making things black (Rayquaza, Charizard, and Greninja) is cool, I'm not the biggest fan. I have a red Gyrados tote bag because it's so iconic.

Day 5: Do you prefer the Gen 6 PSS or Gen 7's Festival Plaza?
    PSS without a doubt. It was fun to go about trading with people while running throughout the region. I understand FP, but it's not my favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back