• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner's Corner of Chit-Chat...Corner

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
Years
  • Recently they're is a big surge in people using PkHex to modify Pokemon and then "sell" them on or some people use them as promotion for their websites by wonder trading them out. I believe it happened in previous generations, too, but since SWSH is a lot bigger, their presence is a lot more known. I understand why they do it, and I understand why people go to them, I just don't like it myself.

They generally do stop hacked Pokemon from appearing in Online play, but there's a difference between a hacked Pokemon that is legit and just a blatantly hacked Pokemon. I don't think it's fair to punish players who have legit hacked Pokemon, a lot of people receive them via trade and don't really know who or what it is, it's not massively fair to ban a player who didn't know what they were getting, especially if the Pokemon in question appears legit.

I also don't like getting Shinies using illegitimate ways. That doesn't seem right for me. But I had lots of Shinies in the cartridge version of Pokemon Crystal through the Bug Catching Contest glitch. At least it's via an in-game glitch, eh?

I agree about banning unaware players being unfair, but I've read somewhere that anyone using hacked Pokemon will be banned whether he/she's aware or not. To be safe, just use Pokemon that you obtained yourself. What I was saying was that it'd be much better if hacked Pokemon can be filtered from online trading and other online functions of the game, so that anyone sending hacked Pokemon for surprise trade will receive an error message preventing him/her from getting through.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Hello everyone! I've been searching and searching but I can't find a clear answer. Is it still possible to trade Pokémon online over in Gen 5? I really want to evolve and one day transfer my Conkelldur.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Hello everyone! I've been searching and searching but I can't find a clear answer. Is it still possible to trade Pokémon online over in Gen 5? I really want to evolve and one day transfer my Conkelldur.

Not officially, no. It's technically possible through DNS spoofing, but in all honesty, I personally wouldn't do it. You never know if the custom DNS you're using is going to actually lead you to a 'spoofed' server rather than a malicious website that could ruin your DS or worse, so it's certainly not something I'd advertise or condone.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Not officially, no. It's technically possible through DNS spoofing, but in all honesty, I personally wouldn't do it. You never know if the custom DNS you're using is going to actually lead you to a 'spoofed' server rather than a malicious website that could ruin your DS or worse, so it's certainly not something I'd advertise or condone.

Thanks for the quick reply! It's a bit more clear now. If that's the case I'll stay away. I could still transfer from Gen 4 to Gen 5 and later to Pokémon bank and eventually Pokémon Home, right?

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Thanks for the quick reply! It's a bit more clear now. If that's the case I'll stay away. I could still transfer from Gen 4 to Gen 5 and later to Pokémon bank and eventually Pokémon Home, right?

That's right, I believe you do need a Bank subscription to use its Pokemon Transporter service, but once you have that then it's pretty easy to go from Gen 5 -> Transporter -> Bank -> Home, only struggle is it transfers one box at a time, and you'll need to move the transferred Pokemon out of the 'transfer' box in Bank before you could bring more Pokemon in through Transporter.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    That's right, I believe you do need a Bank subscription to use its Pokemon Transporter service, but once you have that then it's pretty easy to go from Gen 5 -> Transporter -> Bank -> Home, only struggle is it transfers one box at a time, and you'll need to move the transferred Pokemon out of the 'transfer' box in Bank before you could bring more Pokemon in through Transporter.

Thank you so much! That's such a relieve. I'm playing through older games and I want to transfer over every team I used to beat the game. I'm not catching more than 10 Pokémon per game anyways. You made my day. It'd be kind of a shame to go into a game knowing they'll be stuck there forever.

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Who's participating in this season's Ranked Battle? I started only a few hours ago, and I'm already at Rank 5 (Poke Ball Tier). But my Nintendo Online subscription will expire in a few hours. I think I'm fine with the 9 win-9 loss record though. I think I should stop already and not risk having more losses than wins. 😅

And I won all online battles where I used the Light Trio (Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma). Too bad they're banned in Ranked Battle!

Edit:
    I renewed my subscription for one year, and now I'm back with 17 win-11 loss record. 🙂
    EgpQu66U0AAszRn

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • I haven't been keeping up with SnS much, but this could be the perfect excuse to pick up the game again, especially for the rewards that are usually offered each season.

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • It's so annoying when you get penalized with a loss when your internet connection is interrupted. 😡 I was really about to win just now, and then the message saying communication with the server was interrupted popped up! When I checked my records, one loss was added! 😡

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Sadly there's only too many people who would abuse that to avoid losses if it worked any other way, and so it comes down to those few ruining the fun for everyone else. Hopefully your connection remains more stable from here on!

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Sadly there's only too many people who would abuse that to avoid losses if it worked any other way, and so it comes down to those few ruining the fun for everyone else. Hopefully your connection remains more stable from here on!

Yeah, I understand why it works that way. But at least they should make a distinction between intentionally unplugging the modem and losing internet connection. 😞

I was really about to win when I got disconnected. I could tell because my opponent was left with only two Pokemon both with red HP bar while I still had three.

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • Choice Band is really a good choice of held item for Gallade under the right circumstances, eh? In this battle, my Gallade OHKOed three Pokemon using Close Combat including Dracovish, Politoed, and that one Dynamax Pokemon (I forgot who it was). If I correctly remember, this was also the battle where my Gigantamax Hatterene was OHKOed by a critical hit with Fishious Rend.
    https://twitter.com/Hocus_Pokemon/status/1301119353660649473

Update: I reached Master Ball Tier!
    https://twitter.com/Hocus_Pokemon/status/1303368152093343745

Last edited:
    Years
  • Does anyone know the specifics on the Mystery Box in Pokemon Go?
    I'm trying to get my hands on some meltan and eventually a melmetal.
    So far I've used the Mystery box twice. A counter shows up. But nothing happens.
    Other pokemon show up sooner or later, usually faster if I'm moving. But no meltan at all so far. Whether I try this at home or on the road, nothing shows.

Any help would be appreciated.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Does anyone know the specifics on the Mystery Box in Pokemon Go?
    I'm trying to get my hands on some meltan and eventually a melmetal.
    So far I've used the Mystery box twice. A counter shows up. But nothing happens.
    Other pokemon show up sooner or later, usually faster if I'm moving. But no meltan at all so far. Whether I try this at home or on the road, nothing shows.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not 100% sure because I've never tried the Mystery Box myself (still need to snag myself a copy of Let's Go!), but there's an article that I read that raises to interesting points:
    It seems like set number of Meltan spawn each time you open the Mystery Box - We haven't confirmed it yet, but for several of us here, 10 Meltan spawned over the 30 minutes, at roughly three-minute intervals.

Meltan is tiny! - It might sound silly, but bear in mind that Meltan is really small, and so can sometimes be hard to spot in Pokémon Go, particularly when it spawns close to you, a Pokéstop or other Pokémon in the game. Keep a close watch out during that entire 30 minutes!

You can have a read of the full thing here. There are also reports of users who weren't able to find Meltan in their Box because their device time wasn't set to automatic (seems like an anti-cheat feature so people can't do multiples boxes in a short amount of time). Make sure your time is automatic and try again. Good luck!

Years
  • There are also reports of users who weren't able to find Meltan in their Box because their device time wasn't set to automatic (seems like an anti-cheat feature so people can't do multiples boxes in a short amount of time). Make sure your time is automatic and try again. Good luck!

This seems to have been the problem. Set the time to automatic and opened the mystery box, which has an hour duration for some reason every time I tried it (dunno if theres like a mystery box event or something). Caught 58 meltan in 60 minutes (ran out of balls before I ran out of time lol), transferred 57 to let's go for bonus candy. 288 meltan candy total after this, out of the 400 needed to evolve one lol. The real problem seems to be catching them in Let's go. Only managed to re-catch 3 so far.

My Go is now kinda jumpy though since setting the time to automatic, like it's bouncing between 2 cell towers or something. I'll be at my home most of the time, but it jumps to a nearby village some times, prompting the 'your moving too fast' message alot (even though i'm sitting in my chair xD)

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • This seems to have been the problem. Set the time to automatic and opened the mystery box, which has an hour duration for some reason every time I tried it (dunno if theres like a mystery box event or something). Caught 58 meltan in 60 minutes (ran out of balls before I ran out of time lol), transferred 57 to let's go for bonus candy. 288 meltan candy total after this, out of the 400 needed to evolve one lol. The real problem seems to be catching them in Let's go. Only managed to re-catch 3 so far.

My Go is now kinda jumpy though since setting the time to automatic, like it's bouncing between 2 cell towers or something. I'll be at my home most of the time, but it jumps to a nearby village some times, prompting the 'your moving too fast' message alot (even though i'm sitting in my chair xD)

Anyway, thanks for the help.

That's good to hear! And honestly I wouldn't stress about the jumpiness stuff, I think something is up with their servers because I've been having that issue all day as well (setting your time to automatic shouldn't impact that, anyway).

Years
  • Ah, well I didnt have it the other times I tried. So since I changed a setting I assumed it the cause lol

Edit: If anyone wants to know; seems like pokeball spam is best for catching these in let's go. As far as I can tell what ball you use and their capture points don't matter at all. Just bring a boatload of pokeballs (cuz cheapest) and start spamming lol. Caught all 57 Meltan I transfered, the vast majority in pokeballs xD

Last edited:
    Back