• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Trademarks hint at identity of Pokémon Sun and Moon Mascots

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    If you wish to not Know the Trademarked names, then i suggest you not to Read this

Spoiler:

I saw your translation ans one struck me: If the one for sun is alone or only and the one for moon is us, as in a bunch together, maybe we'll see something based on solitude and friendship OR One vs all. I don't think it'll really happen, probably just gonna be 2 lions and we're gonna be sad because we have a TON of lions already, but I think my idea is cool.

Years
    I saw your translation ans one struck me: If the one for sun is alone or only and the one for moon is us, as in a bunch together, maybe we'll see something based on solitude and friendship OR One vs all. I don't think it'll really happen, probably just gonna be 2 lions and we're gonna be sad because we have a TON of lions already, but I think my idea is cool.

A lion would make sense for the Sun legendary, but not for Moon. The mascot legendaries need to have differences, but still be connected by a theme that fits the game they represent.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    A lion would make sense for the Sun legendary, but not for Moon. The mascot legendaries need to have differences, but still be connected by a theme that fits the game they represent.

This is true, but I could still it still happen( but unlikely)

I mean black and white had the legends reversed.

IT be neat if the story for Sun and Moon opened with a crisis at had:

Like due to some new strange problem, night and day are acting out of sync which causes the environment and region to change. It be revealed that the sun legend wound up on the moon, and the moon' vice versa.

The evil team actually saves one of them, but still use it for evil, and you need to get the other one.

I doubt, but I think that could be a pretty cool and unexpected plot idea.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    This is true, but I could still it still happen( but unlikely)

I mean black and white had the legends reversed.

IT be neat if the story for Sun and Moon opened with a crisis at had:

Like due to some new strange problem, night and day are acting out of sync which causes the environment and region to change. It be revealed that the sun legend wound up on the moon, and the moon' vice versa.

The evil team actually saves one of them, but still use it for evil, and you need to get the other one.

I doubt, but I think that could be a pretty cool and unexpected plot idea.

I'm more surprised they haven't started off on that...

Moon, with the lion legendary, in your scenario would represent courage so you'd need to complete certain acts in game that show courage for it to eventually appear to you. Same for the moon legendary. Let's work for a legend!

Reactions: Z25
    Years
    Whatever the actual Pokemon are, I'm super excited to finally get some new designs out in the open. X and Y seem to have come out so long ago now, and I've been anxiously awaiting a new region to explore - hopefully we get what these trademarks look like in upcoming weeks.

Real_ArcticWolf

ArcticWolf
    Years
    I did a video about it just yesterday - And to summarize what my theory is about:
    First off we can take a look at the names which most likely will be for the two mascots, if in fact these trademarks are for Pokémon and not something entirely different.

Solgaleo and Lunaala have a very spanish vibe to them - even though you could say that about many languages.
    But what else is there to consider? We were just in Kalos, and we stumbled upon a very strange Pokémon, that being Zygarde. Of said Pokémon, we have seen in game art, same goes for Volcanion which we in the west did not receive, which points toward us having to wait for later.
    Now we also know there is a railroad track in Kalos that goes somewhere, but where exactly could that be? I personally think that there are too many signs pointing toward Spain to ignore it.
    We also clearly heard that we haven't explored the souther half of Kalos, and what lies south of Kalos/France? Spain.

Now when it comes to the Pokémon themselves - Solgaleo is very likely a Lion, that'd make perfect sense. And I'm not mocking you, by no means, you guys who say GameFreak are more creative than using "Solgaleo" for a lion - But I mean, Politoad? Hunchkrow? They haven't been that creative with 90% of their names.
    So it being a Lion just seems right. To continue on, we received Litleo/Pyroar in X and Y, which could be found in the mountainous area in southern Kalos - So couldn't it be plausible for there to be a connection between Pyroar and Solgaleo?

For Lunaala, I must admit, I did not figure out that Ala means wing, but to be fair, I didn't think, and I still don't hope, that they'd make another legendary bird right after Yveltal.
    What I though of, was a Wolf, possibly with wings I guess, who'd be accompanied by something like Zoroark, Mightyena or Absol, just to pick a few canine Pokémon.

I think it'd be cool for there to be a sort of following around these Pokémon, which is my reasoning behind linking older Pokémon to the two legendaries.

This is a very short version of my theory - But what do you guys think?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    I did a video about it just yesterday - And to summarize what my theory is about:
    First off we can take a look at the names which most likely will be for the two mascots, if in fact these trademarks are for Pokémon and not something entirely different.

Solgaleo and Lunaala have a very spanish vibe to them - even though you could say that about many languages.
    But what else is there to consider? We were just in Kalos, and we stumbled upon a very strange Pokémon, that being Zygarde. Of said Pokémon, we have seen in game art, same goes for Volcanion which we in the west did not receive, which points toward us having to wait for later.
    Now we also know there is a railroad track in Kalos that goes somewhere, but where exactly could that be? I personally think that there are too many signs pointing toward Spain to ignore it.
    We also clearly heard that we haven't explored the souther half of Kalos, and what lies south of Kalos/France? Spain.

South Kalos is South France. It's not Spain. The Geography of Kalos only matches the upper part of France. South Kalos is the lower part.

The most likely region in SM is the one the Souvenir guy mentions, and the souvenir explicitly says it's far from Kalos.

Real_ArcticWolf

ArcticWolf
    Years
    If the southern part isn't Spain, then the southern part is incredibly small - which seems odd in my opinion. They definitely don't make it sound that way.

I don't think the souvenir guy is talking about the SM region - I think we'll probably hear about that later. I'm solely basing that upon the connection between the two games due to Zygarde and Volcanion.
    But to go back on the souvenir guy - A lot of people speculate about a region based on England, and that is an ok distance from France. Well across the canal anyway.
    But we've seen how tropical SM looks, so that definitely doesn't sound like England to me.
    So to me at least, it sounds like it'd be more plausible for the souvenir guy to be talking about a different place.

But hey, it's all speculation at this point.
    It could be Hawaii like we initially thought and we're just diving too much into the names.

Years
    South Kalos is South France. It's not Spain. The Geography of Kalos only matches the upper part of France. South Kalos is the lower part.

The most likely region in SM is the one the Souvenir guy mentions, and the souvenir explicitly says it's far from Kalos.

I can easily see this theory, since the region is speculated to be Hawaii and that's quite a distance from France. The Strange Souvenir also looks like something from a tropical area, so we'll wait and see if that proves if that NPC really was mentioning the 7th Gen region.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If the southern part isn't Spain, then the southern part is incredibly small - which seems odd in my opinion. They definitely don't make it sound that way.

I don't think the souvenir guy is talking about the SM region - I think we'll probably hear about that later. I'm solely basing that upon the connection between the two games due to Zygarde and Volcanion.
    But to go back on the souvenir guy - A lot of people speculate about a region based on England, and that is an ok distance from France. Well across the canal anyway.
    But we've seen how tropical SM looks, so that definitely doesn't sound like England to me.
    So to me at least, it sounds like it'd be more plausible for the souvenir guy to be talking about a different place.

But hey, it's all speculation at this point.
    It could be Hawaii like we initially thought and we're just diving too much into the names.
    It seems that they only used a half of France for Kalos, so south Kalos shouldn't be too small if they ever show it. Also, I kind of think that too, the guy might've been talking about another future region, or maybe even a small post game region since it does have a facility. Interestingly last August Masuda visited the southern most towns of France. It's possible that those parts will go into a Spain based region, or we'll only visit a new part of Kalos at some point, but not the main region from XY.

Real_ArcticWolf

ArcticWolf
    Years
    Interestingly last August Masuda visited the southern most towns of France. It's possible that those parts will go into a Spain based region, or we'll only visit a new part of Kalos at some point, but not the main region from XY.
    I mean, it could be a possibility to tie some Kalos Pokémon with the Spain based region right?
    Kalos fits about 60/70% of France, and as a whole Kalos isn't that huge a region to begin with.
    So to use the southern half as a sort of bridge between the two regions could be pretty cool couldn't it?
    This is just unrealistic wishing right, but wouldn't it be great to have Kalos as a post game region like second gen, via the railroad?

Back