• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trading with emulator?

Cid

Years
  • Erm, if you said that, Tre, then I don't get the point of your post... I agree that NO$GBA's Wi-fi still doesn't work, though.

But I do also think a VBA Link for the NDS roms is a good idea...

Also, you can trade between GBA roms too in NO$GBA, though I think trading with a real GBA doesn't work...

Tré

Raised by the bastards of 1969
    Years
  • oh...my bad..sorry im missed the spots...
    i thinks vba link is just for gba roms..and not for ds...
    the best emu for ds for now is no$gba..and the best emu for gba is vba link..
    you can trade pokemons using no$gba but you can only use the same rom..

Cid

Years
  • @Tre_Al
    Yup, I know...
    And I doubt that trading a Ruby rom from a computer to a real GBA Sapphire would be possible...
    VBA Link has good animation, too... That's why it would be great if it became NDS rom capable, too...

Tré

Raised by the bastards of 1969
    Years
  • @eni...it's possible..there's a friend of mine once told that he tried it and it came out as a success. you can use it using a cable from pc to gba or ds...well my friend got those tools because he is sure an emudict..

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    I have a question too.
    I know that its possible to trade between Ruby/Saphhire/Emerald/Fire Red/Leaf Green using vba link, but is it works with red/blue/yellow and gold/silver/crystal?

As far as I know gba don't has wi-fi, and you can't trade in Diamond and Pearl yet, but maybe one day it will be possible on NO$GBA

Last edited:

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • If VBA can use wifi in LAN atleast people using emulators should be able to trade with eachother, how you may ask, by the program hamachi which makes your computer believe that you and the other people in you "hamachi network" are in a LAN network. But this needs to be further looked in to :P

EDIT: Now when I open VBA I see that you already can do this :O By connecting to another ones IP O.o
    This makes me think of "can't we just connect to the other person-with-a-regular-DS's network?", we should try :)

If you were to do this, The person(s) would have to either port forward or use Hamachi.

Or not be behind a router. I could look into what ports would need to be forwarded if need be.

Back