• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Trainer editing, making them more difficult

TheRabbit

Banned
Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    I can't seem to find any documentation of what exactly some of the columns in these various trainer editors floating around (specifically Jambo's and G3T) mean, so I figured I'd ask.

For EVs, the number goes from 0 to 255, does this mean 255 EVs in each stat or 255 split between all stats? Is it possible to make a typical EV spread where two stats are maxed and the rest are 0? And furthermore, the EV values aren't 0 for most of the existing trainers in firered, when I thought all trainers besides the battle frontier in Emerald have 0 EVs?

What does the AI intelligence number actually reflect? If its maxed, what do they do differently?

Do any of these tools allow for easy nature editing of trainers teams?

smeargler

Smeargle Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2014
    Aww, I had read that thread but I was hoping for an easier way. I don't know how to do ASM. Oh well.

I used Advance Trainer. You can change the AI hardness. Not sure if I helped or spammed?

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    I used Advance Trainer. You can change the AI hardness. Not sure if I helped or spammed?

As far as I know AT incorrectly labels the IV value as the AI value, but Jambo51's trainer editor had it right.

TheRabbit

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    As far as I know AT incorrectly labels the IV value as the AI value, but Jambo51's trainer editor had it right.

But here's the thing: I had the AI values for most trainers at 255, and noticed no difference whatsoever. According to what you said, this SHOULD have given all their pokemon 255 IVs in each stat.

daniilS

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    But here's the thing: I had the AI values for most trainers at 255, and noticed no difference whatsoever. According to what you said, this SHOULD have given all their pokemon 255 IVs in each stat.

Well, I don't know what it does exactly, just that it isn't the AI.

TheMangekyoKing

PurpleAmethyst Founder
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2022
    I dont know much about ASM either but i have found that using A-trainers AI editor is pretty good. It'll make the trainer be smarter about its moves which could help you a bit.

daniilS

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    I dont know much about ASM either but i have found that using A-trainers AI editor is pretty good. It'll make the trainer be smarter about its moves which could help you a bit.

I've just looked through the routines related to this and can confirm it's being used for IVs (Anything above 0x1F will be lowered). It's read at 08011418 and used starting from 0803DC6C. It has absolutely nothing to do with AI.

Jambo51's tool however correctly uses it. It's read at 080C6F30 and used at 080C6F56, where the AI code is located.

Back