• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainers' Eyes Meet

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
  • Pok?mon GO seems to have achieved maximum hype. I can't scroll through my Facebook feed without reading about the hilarious and awesome adventures of soooo many people playing this game. Even better than that, I took a stroll downtown this evening and I saw person after person walking around catching Pok?mon with me! my inner child is so happy you guys

So have you seen other people playing Pok?mon GO while you've been walking around? Do you stop and say something to them?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I live in Brooklyn, New York I went with my friend to the park and we were sure we passed like at least more than 20 people playing it. One of them even asked us if we were playing it in which I laughed.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • It's so fun!

I passed a group of people playing it together. We stopped and laughed about it for a minute until they found out was part of Team Valor. Apparently they weren't fans. Haha...

Years
  • It's so fun!

I passed a group of people playing it together. We stopped and laughed about it for a minute until they found out was part of Team Valor. Apparently they weren't fans. Haha...

that must've been really awkward. Luckily I didn't try to say Hi to the people I kind of knew were playing it. Which was really obvious to know who was playing it.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Not yet, though I probably won't unless I go to a shoping area/mall. I could never get myself to say anything to someone though if I knew they were. I've seen people with Pokemon merch or regular games all the time, I just leave them be :P

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • The amount of people we judging people in town while playing Pokemon GO is hilarious.
    "A group of people all gathered in a bunch and focusing on their phones... they are totally playing Pokemon GO". I've only spotted a few people from a distance, but they've always been the opposite direction to where I was going/ too busy looking at their phones to make eye contact.

This is definitely going to increase starting next monday as Primary, Intermediate and Secondary school kids are on holidays for two weeks, while us university students start back again - which means the city is going to be FULL of GO players and more people to make eye contact with xD

Years
  • Haven't seen anyone yet but a lot of the gyms in my town have been captured so it's only a matter of time...

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I saw a lady today walking checking her fone and looking around just past a gym went to the gym and took that shit over!!! im guessing that lady had to turn around to go fight for it back lolol

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I saw a lady today walking checking her fone and looking around just past a gym went to the gym and took that **** over!!! im guessing that lady had to turn around to go fight for it back lolol
    Hahaha, you showed her! {XD}

I had a similar experience today. The nearest gym to my home is at a nearby church; the parking lot of which is apparently being renovated. I see in front of me a car full of young people on their phones circling the building - also trying to figure out how to get close enough to this gym without getting out of the car. We kind of just looked at each other and kept trying. I ended up winning so... not sure what they ended up doing about that.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I met a couple today who noticed I was playing and came to say hi. We laughed about it and talked briefly about captures and spots in the area, then myself and they caught a Poliwag at the same time. It was an interesting encounter to say the least, and it made me smile :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    I didn't say anything to them, but I passed a couple talking about how they recently took over a gym.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    i had my first pokemon go threeway at a gym yesterday, it was like midnight and i saw a yellow gym across the street from the dennys me and my buddies were at, i ran across the street and saw a car parked, sooooooooooo i WRECKED that yellow gym with my cp 505 pidgeot and thus ensues a 10 minute brawl where we were taking it back and forth THEN another car comes over and it starts turning blue every now and again, (im red by the way) so for about a half hour we went back and forth til i saw my buddies leaving lol

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • We've seen a lot of people playing, but only stopped to say hi to one. It's so nice to see so many people out and about playing it. :) Especially since I live in the deep south, I didn't think that many people would be playing here.

Years
  • I've seen a lot of people all over town playing, even recognized a couple. I went to one of the parks yesterday around 7 or 8 pm and there was a huge group at a gazebo which is a pokestop. I haven't talked to anyone playing but I've awkwardly stood a few feet from someone while we stared at our phones at the gym in a park.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
  • Went to a church with two PokeStops yesterday and put lures on both of them. Parking lot was filled with people until I ran out of lures.

Fun times.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Feeling a little left out here, especially seeing things like
    Spoiler:

I don't know if it's because PGO isn't "officially" released here yet or I'm just going to the wrong places, but it doesn't seem that popular here yet, in terms of actually meeting people who are playing in public and whatnot. And only like 2-3 posts in 100 on Facebook are PGO related. :P I need more nerd friends

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
  • I walked around The Woodlands earlier and ran into at least 30 people playing of all ages. When I got home and my mailman stopped at my house, I noticed that even he was playing Go.

Back