• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] TRAINERS (OOC)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
the nugget bridge gang has been decided to be a ragtag bunch of older teens/young adults who have no real uniform besides a red bandana worn somewhere on their person :> shawn is kind of, in charge of their leader so ask him abt that if you need to

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Noel
Luna grew to Lv 8!
Luna learned Sing!

Casey
Buneary grew to Lv 6!
Buneary learned Endure!

Bruno
Artemis grew to Lv 7!

Vera
Leo grew to Lv 8!
Bonnie grew to Lv 8!

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Also the nugget bridge thugs may not be the same when different characters battle them since they must have their pokemon in full health to defend the bridge. Once they are beaten another group of thugs take their place. The pokemon they use are up to you

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Vera
Bonnie grew to Lv 10!
Leo grew to Lv 10!

Casey
Charmander grew to Lv 11! Charmander learned Smokescreen!
Buneary grew to lv 7!

Arianne
Squirtle grew to Lv 10!
Pineco grew to Lv 4! Pineco learned Self-Destruct!

Ralph
Sandsy grew to Lv 10!
Weedle grew to Lv 5!
Ralph caught a Venonat! Female, Lv 5

David
Growlithe grew to Lv 11! Growlithe learned Odour Sleuth!
Oddish grew to Lv 6!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
well looks like im just a wee bit too late as this caught my interest, and i'm not a story writer XD. Was looking for pokemon rp's on varioius sites and would be willing to try this (assuming a spot opens up)

That Psyduck is looking awfully lonely after it was abandoned, am I too late to give it a home?
Hi! If any of you are still interested, you may sign up now :) I'd then recommend you start where the others are rather than from the beginning, and we'll scale your pokemon up to match. Let me know if you want in ^^ the available starters are:

Pikachu
Tangela
Bulbasaur
Vulpix
Psyduck

But I'm open for other suggestions too, if I think it sounds reasonable ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Vera
Vera adopted a Meowth! Lv 5, Female

Bruno
Eterna grew to Lv 9!
Gospel grew to lv 9!
Gospel learned Mean Look!
Artemis grew to Lv 9!

Arianne
Squirtle grew to Lv 11!
Squirtle learned Withdraw!

Ralph
Weedle grew to Lv 6!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'd be interested in joining, if that's okay? I would like to take Bulbasaur as my character's starter.
Welcome to the community :) I'd be delighted to see a Sign-Up (SU) from you! Make sure to include a substantial example text of how you plan to RP, as you seem to be completely new here. Check out our existing In-Character (IC) thread to see how the rest of us do it in this RP!

Do you use Discord? We have a small server for the player where most of our communication and planning is happening~

Years
Welcome to the community :) I'd be delighted to see a Sign-Up (SU) from you! Make sure to include a substantial example text of how you plan to RP, as you seem to be completely new here. Check out our existing In-Character (IC) thread to see how the rest of us do it in this RP!

Do you use Discord? We have a small server for the player where most of our communication and planning is happening~

Thanks for the welcome. Cool, I'll type one up now. Yeah, of course, that sounds fair! I'll give y'all a good idea of how I RP ahaha I'm kinda old school... I used to log onto proboards/jcink for rps, so I kiiiinda got the gist of things, but I honestly didn't know this site existed until... well... today.

Yes, I use Discord. c:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hi Astronaut, honestly I'm still interested at the RP. And seeing few spot open, could i totally revamp fix the character?
Hi! I've seen how you write for other RPs here now and I think you're pretty good :) You're welcome to submit a SU, preferably with a completely new character.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Thanks for the welcome. Cool, I'll type one up now. Yeah, of course, that sounds fair! I'll give y'all a good idea of how I RP ahaha I'm kinda old school... I used to log onto proboards/jcink for rps, so I kiiiinda got the gist of things, but I honestly didn't know this site existed until... well... today.

Yes, I use Discord. c:

May I ask how you found us? That's always interesting to know, for me both as a RP mod here and as a site admin haha.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
Years
Well, i created a new character. Incorporated some aspect of my old character, but at the end it still almost completely different

R30b94q.png

Name: Richard Wolstenholme
Hometown: Saffron City

Appearance: Richard has blonde hair and blue eyes. He is 5'10" tall and has a lean athletic build. He wears a black, white, and red leather jacket complete with a black t-shirt underneath, a jeans and a black belt with a gold belt buckle. He wears black sneakers for his footwear. While the rest of his clothing is completed with a gray backpack where he put his supplies and items, a black wristwatch on his left arm, and fingerless gloves on both hands.

Family : Richard has lost both of his parents since he was very young due to a plane accident, both of them were a Pokemon scientist. Richard then was raised by his uncle, but his uncle as a busy man was rarely home, leaving young Richard alone without any family members to share his joy and sorrow due to his uncle's work. Even as of now, Richard and his uncle are not that close, only communicating when it's necessary to and it's never a direct conversation either, he only talked through his cousin and aunt. His uncle, aunt, and cousin all currently lives in Saffron City.

History: Richard grew up as a kid that was quite talented in studying, his physical ability wasn't very remarkable, but he was a very kind and outgoing person that would stand up and help anyone in need. However, it backfired on him once. When he saved a friend from bullying back in his school the bully instead divert their actions on Richard, humiliating and shouting bad stuff even to the extent of telling him to die, the incident traumatized him at the time, even made him cry in front of the class. After two weeks of constant bullying, he then was absent from school for two months.

When he returned people could notice a change of attitude in Richard. The once smiling boy, not only gain a bit of muscle mass but his attitude changed completely. He turned into an uncaring, cold, violent, and hot-tempered person who wouldn't even help his closest friends except one. It doesn't help either that he quickly caused several incidents related to usage of violence, the misbehaviors not only stopped the bullies who try bully him but turned his old friends to completely stay away from the troublemaker.

This attitude goes for four months when an important event happened. One day he was fed up with a girl's attitude that he deemed a two-faced liar, Richard lashed at the kid and accidentally told the girl to just kill herself. The girl cried at the spot and made a mad dash somewhere, causing an incident Richard that he can't forget for the rest of his life. After the incident Richard realized that he had become a monster like those who had bullied him and on that day Richard was so ashamed that he had turned into a monster and believed that he wasn't a good guy and didn't deserve to have a happy end.

Having nowhere to go with everyone shunning him. He decided that the best thing he could do was to enter Cape College where he intended to enter anyway before his fall into delinquency. When he is asked what his goal after graduation was, he always answered to become a champion to help others. But in reality, he was just drifting around searching for the answer.

Personality : Richard is a person who is kind and often flashes a smile to anyone. He is also a guy who would help anyone in need if he could, however its also sometimes borderline reckless as he often doesn't cares about what happened to him as long as he could help people. Richard have a knack on studying and it also made him a knowledgeable person, but if there's something he couldn't master even after a long time of studying its cooking. Because of his past, Richard is reluctant on talking about his past and making a long term bond as he is afraid that he would hurt them.

He always try to keep his anger at bay, but he is still hot-tempered when the person that gets hurt is one of his loved ones and doesn't rule out physical violence in that case. He is skilled in athletic feat and apparently is very observant and out-of-the-box about Pokemon battling. Secretly loves cute things and sweets.

Aspirations : Richard aspired to redeem himself at the past by making people happy. And for him he needs more power to protect those people, and so he decided he'll be the best pokemon trainer that ever existed so that no one at his sight have to suffer because of their powerlessness. He also have a dream where he could find people that actually cares for him and that he could make them smile always. His favorite food is chocolate bonbons while his favorite drink is a hot tea.

Hobbies : Richard loves boxing as it also his medium for him to vent his anger and frustration especially about himself. Besides that, he loves taking walk and relax while enjoying a great scenery. Also loves making small dolls but hid the fact from everyone else he knew as he was embarrassed.

Roleplay Sample : Yup, i honestly forgot to add it. Here you go.
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10086975#post10086975

I really do love cats :), very much so...

Starter : Uri the Abra
abra.png

Male
Illegal Move : Ice Beam

Last edited:
Years
May I ask how you found us? That's always interesting to know, for me both as a RP mod here and as a site admin haha.

I was bored and searched for "pokemon rp forum" and this place popped up. c: I'm still working on my character bio btw, I just need to write up an RP sample and I'm done.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I like your character now :) A redemption arc, a confused hot headed boy with a heart of gold looking for power to save the weak!

There are just a few things to clarify still. So, his uncle lives in Kanto and that's why he moved to Kanto from Lumiose after his parents died? Where in Kanto, then?

I suppose it's ok that you didn't link a RP sample as you know already that I've been reading your posts in other RPs. Still though, if it is requested for a sign-up, you should provide it ;D

You forgot one more thing, and you'll find it if you re-read the first post of this thread carefully. After you've fixed that (and the hometown), you'll be accepted!

EDIT: accepted!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It is a bit tricky to read a SU that is jumbled like this, but I suppose it has all the necessary information.

The character is really interesting! A bit like my own, but much more hardcore ahah. Will be very interesting to see them interact.

When you get the sample text up and also re-read the opening post to add one thing you seem to have missed, you shall likely be accepted :)

Last edited:
Years
Spoiler:

HOMETOWN: Saffron City

APPEARANCE: Dark, olive-toned skin. Long black hair. Golden-brown eyes. On the taller side with long, lanky limbs. Several old scars litter her legs and arms from roughhousing and carelessness.
ATTIRE: Owns only hand-me-downs from her older brothers, so she's only ever seen in loose-fitting, masculine clothing. All of her jeans are ripped and appear light-washed due to their heavy usage. Her shirts are usually very faded and worn; she owns a lot of tie-dye patterns, unconventional graphic tees, and curious namebrands that went out-of-style years ago.

PERSONALITY: She's got moxie, a cocky disposition, and moves with a swagger. Rarely seen walking around with a skip in her step or a smile. Has a crude sense of humor and purposefully pokes fun at others. Painfully nearsighted, she tends to bite off more than she can chew and almost always chokes herself. She has a nose for trouble and likes to sniff it out. Known for explosive dialogue. She likes making friends and is eager to meet new people, but she ends up burning most of the bridges she builds, though. She can turn on you just as quick as she can shake your hand. Her failed relationships end up tormenting her and swarming her with guilt, which forces her to embark on a vicious, self-destructive circle of meeting new people, treating them the same way, and then wondering why nothing worked out again in the end.
HOBBIES: as a kid she un-ironically enjoyed parkour and could be seen in the streets doing wily flips and tricks that usually ended in a busted knee or scraped up elbow. She is a self-proclaimed urban explorer. She enjoys exploring abandoned buildings, lots, and houses, and perceives any "KEEP OUT" sign as a challenge very much accepted.
DREAMS: Kai only ever wants to make money. She imagines herself owning a penthouse in some high-rise in the heart of Saffron, and spitting off her marble balcony just for the hell of it. She doesn't care how she gets the money, but her goal now is to get it from being a Pokemon master. She'll pawn off just about anything and will accept any task that promises payment.

✵✵✵​

Surviving the city said to "shine with a golden light" cost blood. Saffron City was a hungry beast. The blood to be paid was eagerly offered by Kai, but rarely did she shed her own. Punches, kicks, jabs. Kai would scrap with the kids that shared her gutter if it meant she could scrape a morsel or two and make it another day. Those were the good days. On those days, she would be hootin' and hollerin' down the alleyways and orchestrate a parade with her brothers. On those days, her long black hair would catch Saffron's golden light and shine. On those days, her smile's glow would rival the sun's.
She was used to getting knocked down, though. Whatever damage she dealt, she always seemed to get it back twofold. Those were the bad days. On those days she took to chomping at the dirt beneath her nails. The gristle there tasted far better than defeat. On those days, tears would smudge her dirty face like running mascara, and she would rub the stains until her face felt raw. On those days, she would seek her eldest brother, Koa, at the Dojo and harass him until he beat her down again and made her tougher than she thought she was.
Mama Ku'ulei's only daughter was wedged between her sons, three younger, three older. Her husband, Akoni, left Kanto when Kaipo was only six, chasing the golden light, wishing to bring it back to their squalid apartment in the inner city and line their pockets with enough sunshine to last a lifetime. But he never returned. Mama Ku'ulei told her, "Kaipo, Papa got too close to the sun and wasn't able to escape. He got swallowed up by its light. Now he's up there, shining down on you."
Sometimes, Kai would stare at the sun until her eyes burned. When she finally squeezed her eyes shut and saw only red, she imagined Papa there. Akoni.

When Kaipo imagined what she wanted to be when she grew up, she would imagine herself as one of her older brothers. She had three options for her future, and she took to reverie about living her life like they did often.
She thought of being like Koa. Broad-shouldered and muscled like a Machoke with the temper of a Primeape. He was the least popular tutor at the Fighting Dojo in Saffron, but also the toughest. He had a lot of anger, and he took it out on his students and challengers alike. As a boy, he was given a Pokemon partner by the Dojo Master, Koichi, and he put himself through as much taxing training as he did his own Pokemon. Kai liked to think she could become Koa's pupil one day and that terrified Mama Ku'ulei.
She thought of being like Kaleo. Running off, far away from Saffron, with a lover and starting a new life somewhere else, somewhere far away. Kaleo had many friends, and they all spoke of the wonders of travel. He lusted for When he finally ditched Saffron he had nothing but a rainbow bandana on his head, the scraggly clothes on his back, and his new wife on his hip. Kai liked to think he went on the same journey as Papa Akoni, but Kaleo never spoke of gold flowing from his pockets. Instead, on the rare occasion he called home, Kaleo asked for Mama Ku'ulei to stuff his pockets. Kai liked to think she could embark on an adventure too and that worried Mama Ku'ulei.
She thought of being like Kahua. Her third eldest brother was her favorite. Whenever he came home, he had plenty of sunshine in his pockets. He would buy Kai and her younger brothers anything they wanted. She could taste Ragecandybars and Lava Cookies the minute she heard his rasping voice. If she became like Kahua, Kai knew she would get to sleep all day and stay up all night. She would be able to engrave her skin with the images of scary Pokemon and wear cool gear that made her look tough. She could get strong Pokemon like Golbat and Raticate from "Boss" and bring the entire sun to Mama Ku'ulei, so that she may never work again. The older she became, though, the less Kahua came around. Mama Ku'ulei did not like the light he brought anymore. They fought one night something fierce, and Kai stayed awake with her younger brothers to hear the fallout. After that night, Kahua would only come around when Ku'ulei was still at work and take Kai and her younger brothers out for ice cream. Kai liked to think she could make money like Kahua one day, and that was the last straw for Ku'ulei. She wrote an application letter to Professor Palm.

Whatever Professor Palm saw in Kaipo still befuddles her to this day.
As per standard, the Professor visited the home of the applying family and judged her potential and attitude intimately. It took Mama Ku'ulei months to be able to take off work at the retail store to be home for the Professor's visit. There was nothing outstanding about their living conditions nor their heritage. Once upon a time, the Kekoas had several Pokemon trainers in the family, but that was back when their roots were in Cinnabar Island. The roots seemed to rot once they grew out into Saffron City. So much for sunshine...
Kaipo met Professor Palm wearing her older brothers' hand-me-downs. Baggy, torn jeans and a faded shirt that hung so loosely on her shoulders they looked to be made of wire. Her long black hair was hurriedly tied up on a ponytail. And her golden-brown eyes, they burned into the Professor with a challenge.
Her acceptance was sent to their address a few weeks later.

When Mama Ku'ulei told Kaipo that she was being sent to a Pokemon Training School, her first question was "why?" Kaipo never took interest in Pokemon. She was much more content to take to the streets and find her adventures in crooked alleyways and shady corner stores. She had plenty of friends that littered the gutters like Rattata, and they never expressed interest in starting a Pokemon journey, so why would she? She got a reputation for being a stakeholder of a couple of blocks downtown, and how could she keep her turf in check if she was being sent away? Besides, she was already 11-years-old, she wasn't a kid anymore! Why couldn't she send the twins Kukane or Kulani? They would turn 11 next year. Or wait for little Kimo to come of age?
Mama Ku'ulei wouldn't have any of it. It was a great honor to go to Cape College, she said. Akoni would be proud.
Kaipo kicked rocks all the way home the day before she left. She considered running away like Kaleo. She didn't have a lover or anything gross like that, but she had her best friends Jakob and Misume. They would probably leave with her.
If Koa didn't leave the Dojo early that day to find her and bring her home, Kaipo would have been long gone.
You can't just run from your problems, Kai, he said. You gotta tackle 'em, head on. Running is for the weak.

Starting college was rough for Kaipo. She was used to coming home with bruised knuckles, bloody knees, a black eye, or busted lip, but coming home with seemingly endless rolls of parchment to study and a headache was a new pain. Mama Ku'ulei always told her she was smart, sharper than most, but street smarts did little to help her in the classroom. She took to pencil biting and doodling in-between her in-class siestas, and her lack of willpower only beat her grades down further. She was slower on the uptake than most, missing many of the basics that the other students seemed to lap up like milk and honey.
She began to resent her peers for their brains and distance herself. There were other kids like her, of course. Professor Palm made a point to accept students from all walks of life, and some of those walks were more dangerous and seedy than others. Kaipo got cozy with a crowd that resented the ambitious student body as much as she did, and so began her tightrope walk through her education. Constantly teetering on a fine line between failure or expulsion, she narrowly escaped a fall that would be more detrimental than her young mind could comprehend.
What curbed her taste for solving problems with her fists and leering at the "braniacs" was physical labor. Thankfully for her, Cape College pined after students that were willing to clean and work for their education. It wasn't long before the teachers would discipline Kai by bestowing her with a bucket and swab. She could polish brass and wax floors with the best of them, and the tedious toil soothed her more than it frustrated her.
Unfortunately, her new avenue for release did little to cushion her wounded grades.
It took Kaipo up to the age of 15 before she was on the cusp of starting her journey. Remedial lessons and long study hall hours conjured her success. Painstaking exam after painstaking exam, Kaipo fought with tooth and nail to get to the road that led to her final test: her Pokemon journey.
At long last, her dream could be realized. For once, she did not look to her older brothers for inspiration. Finally, she knew where to look: the mirror. She hungered for the sunshine that claimed her father. The sunshine her big brother Koa fought for. The sunshine Kaleo begged on the wire for. The sunshine Kahua took to the night to find. The sunshine that always seemed to be out of her mother's reach.
She would make it, and she would sooner eclipse the sun or catch fire than give up.
And no one would stand in her way.

Spoiler:

Spr_4h_001.png

Bulbasaur, "Makoa"
Bold Nature. Somewhat stubborn.
Moves: "Brutal Swing" | x | x | x​

RP SAMPLE:
Spoiler:

I really do love cats.

Last edited:
Years
It is a bit tricky to read a SU that is jumbled like this, but I suppose it has all the necessary information.

The character is really interesting! A bit like my own, but much more hardcore ahah. Will be very interesting to see them interact.

When you get the sample text up and also re-read the opening post to add one thing you seem to have missed, you shall likely be accepted :)

I edited it to reorganize everything, so hopefully it helps. Not super used to the formatting of the forums yet ahaha It just keeps telling me I have to wait for a moderator to look at the post... Working on the sample text now, and I'll be sure to add the required tidbit for SUs when I'm completely done. c:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I edited it to reorganize everything, so hopefully it helps. Not super used to the formatting of the forums yet ahaha It just keeps telling me I have to wait for a moderator to look at the post... Working on the sample text now, and I'll be sure to add the required tidbit for SUs when I'm completely done. c:
The moderating part is just because you are a completely new member who posts links and pictures, which our spam filter catch 😅 I approve your posts as I see them and eventually it'll learn you're fine.

Back