• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] TRAINERS (OOC)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024

JORDAN SPRINGS

Male - 15 - Celadon Town

original art cred

Appearance

Jordan's growth spurt hit about a year ago and it really made him grow up like a weed, but he hasn't really grown in any other direction. He stands fairly tall for his age at about 5'10" and is likely still growing, but he already carries himself even taller because of how lanky he is.

Jordan and his younger sister Jenna are the only redheads in the family, and they are your standard "freckled gingers". This was a trait he disliked for almost all of his life and he hated not looking like the rest of his family (especially before Jenna was born). He had always wanted to dye his hair, but his mom wouldn't let him when he was younger; she finally caved when he was 12, and took him to a salon in town. He chose a deep, chocolate brown that closely resembled the hair color of the rest of his family and was excited to see how he would look, but almost immediately after seeing his new hair color, he realized he wouldn't be able to get used to it at all. When his hair grew back out, he was more than relieved to see his natural hair color again, and finally embraced his unique look.

Family

The Springs family is large but tight-knit. Before enrolling in Cape College, Jordan lived with his parents, grandmother, four brothers and sister on the family's spacious and lively farm in the outskirts of Celadon.

Their family runs the successful Springs Farm where they grow and sell fresh fruits and vegetables to grocers and vendors in Celadon. The property has been passed down from father to son for several generations now, and Jordan's dad, James, is the third proprietor of the land. James is a Celadon native and grew up working on his family's beloved Springs Farm himself, while his wife and the mother of his children, Charlotte, moved from Vermillion City after visiting and falling in love with the charming rural area of Celadon (and James). Although originally a city girl, she has quite the green thumb and has always loved gardening, so she flourished in her new life at Celadon.

While Charlotte does have a love for all things gardening, she especially enjoys floristry, and once the family had enough money to branch out, they purchased a small boutique in the inner city where she is able to do what she loves most - sell floral arrangements, bouquets and potted houseplants. With the older children taking over some of the key tasks at the farm, Charlotte is able to spend most of her days working in the city. She often takes their only daughter Jenna with her as well, to help out around the boutique and make her own floral arrangements.

The following bios about his family members I wouldn't consider vital information to the RP so I will leave them in a spoiler - I don't imagine these characters will make a whole lot of appearances other than the odd call here and there (maybe a visit home!), but it was fun for me to imagine the characters Jordan grew up with, the history of their family, etc.

Spoiler:

Brief History

Jordan rapidly acquired many hobbies in his childhood, and just as rapidly lost interest in them after some time. Between the tender ages of 6 and 11, he had convinced his parents to let him take lessons in piano, guitar, martial arts, and painting, but he would always want to quit fairly quickly; either he did not learn the skill fast enough to stay interested, or he would simply grow bored of it and want to try something else. His parents, although supportive of his endeavors, caught on to this habit after a while, and started being more selective about the hobbies they chose to let him pursue.

When Jordan was 12 years old, he developed a sudden interest in Pokémon, and more specifically, becoming a Pokémon trainer. After seeing a TV program on the Pokémon Training Cape College one day, he begged his parents to enroll him and was quite persistent about it, but his parents wrote this off as another passing phase and did not think it would be a good idea to send him off to a specialized boarding school on a whim, if he would just change his mind about his studies a year later. They ended up making a deal with him, and promised that if he asked again on his 13th birthday and was still just as passionate about this then, they would look into Cape College with him.

To their surprise, Jordan remained determined, even doing his own research into Pokémon and studying in his spare time. Although he understood why his parents didn't take his initial request to enroll seriously, he was a bit upset that he would be attending later than most students, so he did everything he could to ensure he would not be at too much of a disadvantage when he finally started at Cape.

When they met with Professor Palm for Jordan's assessment, he was quite impressed with the knowledge he was able to learn on his own, and decided he would be a good fit for the school, despite enrolling a bit later than usual.

At school, he soon found that his theoretical knowledge in a classroom setting was almost on par with his peers, however, even up until he started his journey, he had a bit of trouble applying that knowledge practically. Despite this, he was permitted to begin his journey, in the hopes that the trainer within him would come out when faced with real-world situations.

Personality

A young man still figuring out himself and his place in the world, Jordan is not without his insecurities and doubts, but what teenager is?

He is friendly, upbeat and quite trusting, almost to a fault; having grown up in the safety of his family's farm and the generally slow-paced rural outskirts of Celadon, he had no reason not to trust neighbouring farmers and ranchers and other kind characters that inhabited those areas. He's also a very curious and adventurous person, and this combined with his lack of a healthy suspicion of strangers can get him in a bit of trouble.

A morning person, at home he really enjoyed the quiet and relaxing AM before the house and farm is bustling with activity, and this habit continued into his time at Cape College.

Hobbies

Jordan inherited his mother's green thumb and passion for gardening, and that is the one hobby he never gave up, although he did grow up surrounded by plants so it feels more like a second nature to him than a "hobby". He loves being in the greenhouse, and his room back home has potted plants in every corner (that he has entrusted his mom and Jenna to take care of).

Jordan also really thrives in the outdoors, and likes camping and hiking. The one part of his Pokémon journey he is not nervous about is his ability to survive and adapt to his surroundings in nature.

Dreams / Aspirations

Like many teens his age, Jordan's aspirations change frequently and are not set in stone. The only thing he knows is that he is eager to find his place in this world, after watching his brothers find their passion and drive. Perhaps being a trainer is his calling.

Theme Song

Starter Pokémon - Tangela ♀

art cred

Jordan's affinity for plants and greenery naturally draws him towards Grass-Types, and he had no question that his first Pokémon would be one.

Occasionally called "Tangles", after Jordan's brother Jon saw her in a video call and said she resembled a party wig. She did not appreciate the comparison or name, but it kinda stuck.

Nature:

Bold

Moves:

(Oops I missed the part where we don't pick the moves, ignore that)

(I'll see if I want an illegal move)​

Roleplay Sample

Spoiler: A Catch is a Catch
    Note: I know newcomers are starting right at Cerulean, but I wanted to start from the beginning! It will be somewhat truncated and I am summarizing a lot to just get to where everyone else is since I do want to be up to speed, but basically I am just writing this and Jordan's Nugget Bridge encounter.

Chapter 1-1: A Catch is a Catch

Tangela waved her vines in the air, grabbing at the fallen leaves that the breeze had picked up. Jordan watched his new companion, amused at how easily entertained she was. He breathed in the cool evening air. This feels familiar. The view and the smells reminded him of home.

Jordan had sought shelter for the night at a small farmhouse owned by an elderly couple on Route 24, who were no strangers to the young Cape College students that often travelled down this path for their journeys. They graciously took in the pair and offered an entire spare bedroom for them to stay the night, which was already more than what Jordan had hoped for. He would have been happy crashing on a couch for the night, honestly. They were so incredibly kind that Jordan felt a little embarrassed; it seemed like the only words out his mouth all evening were just murmurs of "thank you" every time one of them popped in to offer him soup, fresh fruits, or a blanket.

Jordan insisted on letting him repay their generosity by doing some chores around the farm. Their land was not as large as Springs Farm, but tending to an orchard must be difficult for two elderly people. He wanted to do as much as he could for them before setting off the next morning.

He had finished weeding some of the newly planted berry trees with Tangela, and they were now sitting outside, watching the sun set.

Rustle, rustle.

In the distance, Jordan could see one of the berry trees swaying suspiciously. The trees were immature so the trunks were still quite bendy, but the wind couldn't be doing that... right?

He waved Tangela back to his side, and after staring at the shaking tree for a good minute or so, the culprit hopped into view. It was a Pidgey, and it seemed too absorbed in attacking the trunk of the tree to notice Jordan or Tangela.

Peck. A berry fell. Peck, peck, peck. Another berry fell.

This Pidgey looked smaller than average for its species, and Jordan thought to himself that it must be quite young. It seemed fascinated with the berry-dispensing tree and looked more interested in its ability to make the berries fall, rather than actually taking or eating them. Jordan watched the Pidgey repeat this with the next tree over; it was hopping from tree to tree, shaking berries off their branches.

He slinked into position a few rows of trees behind the Pidgey, and motioned for Tangela to follow. Her movements are not the most graceful, he thought to himself, as the stout 70 pounds of vines lumbered towards him, but the Pidgey remained oblivious.

"It doesn't see us!" he whispered, crouched down next to Tangela. "I think we have time to come up with a game plan." While he knew battles were more about knowing what to do in the moment and gauging the best moves to make in any given situation, it was their first battle. A plan is good. He flicked on his PokéGear and reviewed his notes.

"Let's see... We can 'inflict a status condition on the target Pokémon, to increase the chance of a successful catch'. That's probably a good idea." he read quietly. "Do you know Stun Spore?"

Tangela stared intently at him as he spoke, but there was no cognizance in her eyes.

"No? Okay, that's fine. That's completely fine." he reassuringly put a hand on Tangela's head and looked down at his PokéGear again, but there was an urgency to his voice that indicated otherwise.

In the distance, the Pidgey ruffled its feathers and flapped its wings weakly, as if preparing for takeoff.

"Umm, what about Sleep Powder? Sleep?" He clasped his hands together and held them next to his face, tilting his head to the side on top of them to mime a sleeping gesture.

Tangela's eyes lit up, this time clearly recognizing this ability. She stood up proudly and eagerly started preparing her move at once.

"Wait! Nonono, not here! Friendly fire!"

His raised voice startled Tangela, disrupting her move, but not before she had released a small amount of fine dust that Jordan desperately tried to fan away from his face. He was so busy trying to avoid falling asleep in the orchard, he almost forgot about the Pidgey.

Almost.

Jordan warily poked his head back out through the trees, and his eyes met the Pidgey's, who was now looking directly at the pair. It looked a little confused at their presence and the little dance Jordan was doing, but once it was spotted, Its eyes widened in fear, and it immediately turned to leave.

"W- stop! Uh, Tangela, Constrict!"

Vines shot past Jordan almost instantly, narrowly missing his head. Her vines moved a lot more gracefully and accurately than her legs, as she ran forward to catch up to the rest of her appendages. She grabbed the Pidgey and it let out a small squawk as it flailed in her grasp. It clawed and pecked back as it struggled to get free, causing Tangela to yelp and snap a few vines back into her body, but the remaining vines that clutched on tightened around the Pidgey, refusing to let go.

"Sorry! I'm sorry!" Jordan yelled out awkwardly as he approached the tangle of vines and feathers with his arm outstretched, Poké Ball in hand. He wasn't sure if he was apologizing to Tangela for his poor direction, or the Pidgey for the startling and messy encounter. Probably both. Nevertheless, he threw the Poké Ball at the still-entangled Tiny Bird Pokémon and hoped for the best.

Jordan and Tangela both watched wordlessly as the ball shook, violently at first, then it gradually wiggled to a stop, and with a final click, they knew the Pokémon was finally caught.

Jordan picked up the ball gingerly, as if the Pidgey might still break out and attack them. When nothing happened, he clutched it against his chest, exhaling. Not how he imagined his first real battle to go down, but a catch is a catch.

I really do love cats but dogs are better

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Hello Astronaut, and also all other people reading this :-)
    So I'm an absolute newbie (to this forum, not to rp-ing) who hasn't even written an introduction in the M&G forums yet - as I'm totally bad with that kind of stuff - but wanted to ask nonetheless if I may be allowed to write an SU for this here RP, IF there's still a spot left over 😗👉👈?
    There've been quite a few SUs here the past few days so I'm a little unsure as to whether you still accept somebody, but as far as I can see, the starter Psyduck still hasn't been claimed for a character. Someone's asked for it, but I never saw a Sign-Up from them. I'd certainly be up for a Psyduck and have a neat little character idea, but I'm gonna ask just in case, new forums are a little scary 😅 I'd provide an RP sample too, of course

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello Astronaut, and also all other people reading this :-)
    So I'm an absolute newbie (to this forum, not to rp-ing) who hasn't even written an introduction in the M&G forums yet - as I'm totally bad with that kind of stuff - but wanted to ask nonetheless if I may be allowed to write an SU for this here RP, IF there's still a spot left over 😗👉👈?
    There've been quite a few SUs here the past few days so I'm a little unsure as to whether you still accept somebody, but as far as I can see, the starter Psyduck still hasn't been claimed for a character. Someone's asked for it, but I never saw a Sign-Up from them. I'd certainly be up for a Psyduck and have a neat little character idea, but I'm gonna ask just in case, new forums are a little scary 😅 I'd provide an RP sample too, of course
    Welcome to PC! We're glad to have your attention :3 feel free to submit a SU for Psyduck! I'll require a sample IC text yes, and I recommend you look at our IC thread (in Roleplay stage forum, link from first post in this thread) to see what's expected.

To the rest of you: I'm sorry for having been a tad bit busy lately! Will look at your SUs as soon as I can :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I edited it to reorganize everything, so hopefully it helps. Not super used to the formatting of the forums yet ahaha It just keeps telling me I have to wait for a moderator to look at the post... Working on the sample text now, and I'll be sure to add the required tidbit for SUs when I'm completely done. c:

You're accepted into the RP! Welcome :D I'm interested to see how you plan on using Brutal Swing for Bulbasaur though... Using Vine Whip?
    ALSO you are allowed to choose one pokémon from the previous chapter to own already, as you will be starting in Cerulean City.

You may also opt to wait until we are done in Cerulean (it might be a week or two longer) and start on the next route, but I'd recommend jumping in on the morning May 21st at least (Day 3, Wednesday) and do the DARK MORNING mission. You may also do the adoption mission of course.

If you DM me your Discord handle, I will invite you to our server where we do most of our communication :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Okay, looking forward to seeing your sample! You know you can just link an old RP post from here if you have one? ;)
    Just finished, actually! Woke up at a terrible time but decided to just get that done lol. I still have one more short day 1 post planned to get the team into Cerulean, but I promise I won't fall too far behind.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Just finished, actually! Woke up at a terrible time but decided to just get that done lol. I still have one more short day 1 post planned to get the team into Cerulean, but I promise I won't fall too far behind.
    Ah what a lovely post/sample!! Pidgey and Tangela then?

If you wish, you are of course welcome to play out Nugget Bridge IC :) but only if you feel sure that you won't fall behind much~

Welcome to the RP! I just turned off my computer so might not be able to add you into the IC until sunday. But you see Pidgey's moves in the chapter post, and Tangela's will be: Ingrain / Constrict / Absorb / Vine Whip / Sleep Powder
    Quite the repertoire already!

I think we'll have a nice roster again here now, so with this I will close SUs - other than for the people I have already told should submit theirs (mdebourg101 and la vie en rose)

Last edited:
    Years
  • You're accepted into the RP! Welcome :D I'm interested to see how you plan on using Brutal Swing for Bulbasaur though... Using Vine Whip?
    ALSO you are allowed to choose one pokémon from the previous chapter to own already, as you will be starting in Cerulean City.

You may also opt to wait until we are done in Cerulean (it might be a week or two longer) and start on the next route, but I'd recommend jumping in on the morning May 21st at least (Day 3, Wednesday) and do the DARK MORNING mission. You may also do the adoption mission of course.

If you DM me your Discord handle, I will invite you to our server where we do most of our communication :)

Yes, I was imagining Bulbasaur using its vines to "swing around violently" as the move description says--idk, I just really wanted Bulbasaur to get more use out of its vines.
    Oh? Cool, thanks! Can Kai get a Poliwag?

I'll jump right in. I don't think I could wait a week! I'm excited.

I'll DM you now.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • By the way! If anyone wants to talk to Kel and Isaac, please let me know! They're characters I want to retain control over but also they're working in Cerulean so... you might run into 'em.

If you want to meet up with Sorley we can arrange something. It won't be in Cerulean bc they are occupied until they leave at noon Wednesday. But if you get a held item somewhere along the way they would be useful to talk to :>

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
  • Ooo... Honestly, you gave me a nice idea too. Anyone want to meet at the start of the rock tunnel or at route 9? Richard and his friend Keith would be gone in the afternoon and should arrive at the start of the rock tunnel at night. So anyone wants to camp together with these two just let me know folks. Thanks, ^^

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Happy 4th page, everybody! You're the best <33

Richard
    Richard adopted an Alolan Pikachu! Lv 5, female (Eileen)
    Uri grew to Lv 14!
    Eileen grew to Lv 7!

Casey
    Charmander grew to Lv 12!
    Buneary grew to Lv 8!

Bruno
    Gospel grew to Lv 12!
    Gospel learned Curse (Ghost version)!

Vera
    Leo grew to Lv 11!
    Leo learned Confusion!
    Bonnie grew to Lv 12!
    Bonnie learned Headbutt!
    Sapphire grew to Lv 7!

Arianne
    Arianne adopted an Alolan Pichu! Lv 5, female
    Pineco grew to Lv 6!

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • ~ this is anna's extra characters post ~
    ~ casey's profile found here ~

Harper Sivoy

Harper is overall reserved, meticulous, and serious. He is also confident in himself and very good at his jobs. He's a decent nature photographer and makes some money selling his photos to smaller magazines along with short (though dry) articles about the locations. His main focus is speleology with a side of general geology. His formal education is almost non-existent, but his independent research has put him on par with most career scientists in the same fields. Multiple labs have scouted him without true success. Harper won't commit to any position that takes him away from his own fieldwork, but accepts short-term research contracts when he happens to be in the area.
    Others are easily put off by Harper's brusque mannerisms, but he really doesn't mind people. He just doesn't care to appeal to them.

Explorer • Male - He/Him • 20 • 5'7 • Umbreon • Flareon • Salamence • Jellicent F

Officer Isaac Tanabe

Isaac has been with the Kanto police force since his teenhood. He's changed cities a few times, but that hasn't set him back any. He's held extremely high-ranking positions in the past, as high as holding office in the national police headquarters. Currently, his official title is Sergeant. He stepped back in rank a few years ago because the workload was getting to him. Unofficially, though, he runs the Cerulean force. Everyone comes to him if they need something.
    He is often partnered with Kel. As much as he likes them, their contrasting natures frequently lead to Isaac's exasperation.

Cerulean Police Officer • Male - He/Him • 49 • 5'7 • No Pokémon

Officer Kel Dolan

Kel got their trainer license purely because it was expected of them. They like Pokémon plenty well but never were interested in battling. They did Contests for a few years, got really into the fashion side of it, eventually landed a gig as a photoshoot stylist. They really did enjoy that job, especially styling Pokémon. They considered opening their own agency, but the industry was stressful and they got… really sick.
    Kel came back to their hometown of Cerulean at age 22 and slummed around for a bit before hitting it off with some young adults in the Police Academy. They enrolled on a whim and have been doing this ever since. It's not too bad, in a town as chill as Cerulean. They're usually partnered with Isaac, who Kel enjoys bothering. In a friendly way.

Cerulean Police Officer • Genderfluid - They/Them • 26 • 5'9 • Growlithe • Clefable • Jynx

Sorley Silverfield

Sorley is relentlessly friendly, sociable, and cheerful. They address everyone by first name only; they have no regard for titles, honorifics, or differences in social status. They keep a lot of things in their giant backpack and what's in their pockets at any given time is a mystery.
    They travel around Kanto cities to sell goods and advertise for their Saffron-based home studio. A tartan blanket and a hand-painted sign that says LEATHER are enough to succeed in this endeavor, apparently. They rent booths sometimes, but the on-the-go setup suits them better. Sorley specializes in crafting carrying methods for held items, and by extension know a lot about both held items and Pokémon morphology. Sorley holds a Johtonian Trainer's License and is an active participant in the tournament circuit.

Leatherworker • Agender - They/Them • 15 • 5'2 • Golurk • Misdreavus • Sableye

Viveka Anand

Viveka is very pragmatic, intelligent, strong-willed, and independent. She has loads of respect for her mother and takes inspiration from her while still following her own path- that path being one of videography rather than written reporting. She actively travels the world, bouncing from region to region like it's nothing, usually hanging out with people who will generously put her up for next to nothing- she knows the importance of money.
    She has a penchant for sweets and a dislike of gloomy weather.

Videographer • Female - She/Her • 26 • 5'6 • Togekiss • Cinccino • Charjabug x2

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Jordan
    Tangles grew to Lv 10!
    Pidgey grew to Lv 7!

Vera
    Vera aquired 1x TM!
    Sapphire learned Icy Wind from the TM!

Ralph
    Ralph adopted an Alolan Sandshrew! Lv 5, female

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i mean Softy's head is pointy..? and she has lil fangs and claw arm things :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'll DM you now.
    It's been a week of no messages from you, and you have yet to post IC at all - with no explanation or excuse despite me messaging you. If you really want to be part of this, this isn't the way to go about it. We will move on to the next route now so you'd better start there instead of in Cerulean. However, please only choose to remain in the RP if you actually plan to RP. Thank you!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Richard
    Eileen grew to Lv 10!
    Eileen learned Quick Attack!
    Eileen also learned Double Kick!

Ralph
    Coldy grew to Lv 7!
    Coldy learned Ice Ball!

Casey
    Charmander grew to Lv 13!
    Buneary grew to Lv 9!

Jordan
    Jordan adopted an Alolan Cubone! Male, Lv 5

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Gwen Alanis
    Hometown: Saffron City

Appearance:
    NAZsMz5.png

Family: Gwen was born and raised in the Unova region by her parents. At age 13 she moved to the Kanto region with her older sister, Jennifer Alanis, age 23 (Gwen often refers to her as "Jenny") and her partner Pokemon Krookodile nicknamed Krox. Jennifer once attended Cape College herself and enjoyed a winning streak at the Saffron City tournaments, but a few years back that streak of hers ended and hasn't quite been able to recover since.

Brief history: Almost immediately after moving to Kanto, Gwen had enrolled at Cape College, recommended by her older sister. Unlike the general schools she had attended back in Unova where she had a hard time focusing on the curriculum, the courses at Cape College proved much easier due to her enthusiasm for Pokemon. Whenever she could she would try to interact with Pokemon she found in the wild even if it was at risk of her own safety at times.

Personality: Stoic around most people but once someone gets to know her she opens up. Can get very loud and (obnoxiously) snarky, often arrogant and hard to see when she's wrong. Whenever she's interested in something, she becomes obsessive over it almost to the extent she might alienate others over it.

Hobbies: Enjoys cooking curry and listening to music. The latter has given her much interest in sound-based Pokemon such as Toxtricity.

Dreams or aspirations: Wants to someday go back to the Unova region and complete the Pokemon League challenge there and work towards becoming a gym leader. Possibly wants to teach at Pokemon Schools later on.

Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU9C6wZ3Jso

Starter pokémon: Vulpix, female, nickname "Pix". Has the ability Drought.
    Roleplay sample:
    Spoiler:

I really do love cats

This is the first RP I've really done since I was 13 so trying to do all this has been a bit of a hassle. I apologize for any cringe I might have posted.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gwen is accepted ^^ welcome to the RP!

I'll add in your details later on - but we recommend you start playing in the second half of Cerulean City, with the event called "Dark Morning". If you prefer, you're welcome to start on route 9 instead though.

Would you like some more pokemon to start with? You may choose one from each chapter (one from route 25/24 and one adoptable from Cerulean City - you don't have to RP the adoption process).

Back