• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Transfer from S&V

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    hi, I am kinda new to the games tbh~ after some years I didnt touch any of them, I decided to show interest and ask a question that has been bothering me for some time now..

Wanted to figure out something - can Scarlet & Violet get pokemons from Pokemon Go? It feels really cheap in my opinion, and I wanted a game which doesnt let the 'lets go evee' or other games that doesnt have the whole combat scenerio to be played out (I don't want to be able to transfer pokemon from games that doesnt have a battle sequence in order to weak the pokemon and catch it).

So, I just wanted to make sure - if scarlet and violet support Pokemon Home, does it mean it can also take pokemons from Pokemon Go?

I know I explained it roughly, but I really hope you understand the question (:
    tnx for replying!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Recalls no official confirmation about Pokemon Home yet. Bets on a GO -> Home -> Scarlet/Violet transfer to be possible eventually, but not on launch.

Years
  • Yes, when transfers from HOME to Scarlet and Violet is enabled, you'll be able to bring Pokémon from GO to these games provided they're available there. That's just the way it is nowadays! I can understand finding it a little 'too easy' but I think players have mostly adjusted to it and aren't bothered, especially since the legendaries/mythicals from GO are often only obtainable through difficult raids or special events. Getting legendaries, shinies, and mons with 5/6 IVs isn't as difficult as it used to be, but it still requires some work.

Back