• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trouble in Paradise

Years
  • Trouble in Paradise

Introduction

The people of Paradise Island were once very spiritual. They paid homage to a great number of different spirits and deities in a number of ways and passed down stories of heroes, gods and monsters from generation to generation. The people have long since forgotten these ways however as they have become more modern. They are more concerned with politics, profit and a growing crime rate than with old legends and traditionalism.

That's unfortunate because after years of tolerating this, the island's deities have had enough. They want to be remembered. Luckily for them, and unlucky for the Islanders, the Trickster deity Mamala has an answer, one that will make the ongoing war on organised crime on Paradise Island quite complicated.

This game is for the most part like any other mafia game you'll see in the Underground, but with one catch. In this game Mamala has cursed the Islanders so that some of you will randomly change role at certain points in the game. Every three day phases, there will be a switch where some players will randomly have their role swapped with another's. The good news though, is that there's a way around this! If a person successfully guesses your role during the day phase discussion, it will get locked in and will no longer be able to change under most circumstances… not that I'll be telling anyone if they're correct or not. If you need to learn more about mafia, be sure to check out Gunner's Guide.

The Paradise Island Police Department (Town Side)

The Cop - During the night phase, The Cop can visit a player and learn their alignment.
    The Watcher - During the night phase, The Watcher can observe another player and see who visits them. Whoever the Watcher targets at night will appear as town-sided on Cop reports for that night. The Watcher's action is cancelled out if they target the same person as the Tracker.
    The Tracker - During the night phase, The Tracker can follow one player and see who they visit during the night. Whoever they target appears as Mafia-sided on cop reports for that night. The Tracker's action is cancelled out if they target the same person as the Watcher.

The Paradise Islanders (Town Side)

The Island Chief - Once during the game, the Island Chief can override a lynch and direct it to another target. If the chief dies, all votes during the following day must be anonymous.
    The Doctor - Can visit one person each night. If the Doctor visits someone who is targeted for a kill, they can save their life.
    The Celebrity - Whoever has this role is publicly revealed until such a time that they no longer have this role.
    The Drunk - Visits one person each night. The visited person has their role blocked and must speak like a drunk during the following day phase.
    The Vigilante - Once during the game, in the night phase, the vigilante can kill another player.
    The Butterfly - If you die, everyone returns to their original roles.
    Regular Islanders - Town-sided players with no night actions. Remember if you're an active contributor you can still play an important part in your team's victory.

The Mafia

The Boss - You learn the role of any player who visits you and are immune to the night actions of the Paradise Island Police Department. You choose which of the Mafia makes the visit for the night kill.
    The Dealer - Can visit one person each night and dose them up on an illicit substance, role blocking them and forcing them to speak in gibberish the next day.
    Goons - Mafia members with no additional abilities.

Third Party Roles

Mamala - You are a Kupua, a shape-shifting lesser deity, who has taken mortal form and also the one responsible for this switching madness. When you die, a switch is forced. You are immune to switching. Only you get to know the rest of your role.
    Karma - You are the living embodiment of Karma. Anyone who visits you will also be affected by their night action. Wins with the survivors or, independently, if visited for a night kill.

Rules

1. Submit lynch votes as [Vote] Name
    2. This game follows the standard 48/24 hour day/night cycle. Posting in this thread during the night phase will result in your death.
    3. Do not PM share or discuss details of this game outside of this thread (with the exception of within the Mafia's chat).
    4. You are allowed to abstain but it's not recommended.
    5. After every third day phase, some roles will be switched around.
    6. Do not continue to haunt the game if you are dead. You may post one "death post" containing no game information, but that's it.
    7. Point it out if I've forgotten something obvious that should be here lol.

Players

gimmepie as The GM

Aquacorde as ???
    Abby as ???
    Salzorrah as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    Lelouch as ???
    Zeffy as ???
    Nightkrow as ???
    Illoebet as ???
    Charlie Brown as ???
    Pecilia as ???
    Superjolt as ???
    Johnny as ???
    Nick Wilde as ???
    Alex Kaz as ???
    Twiggy as ???​

Last edited:

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Hmm, this is interesting (and most probably will be a huge mess, in the good sense), count me in.

@Superjolt Welcome back mate

Years
  • Trouble in Paradise

Night Zero

The sight of the sun setting over the ocean around Paradise Island has been renowned as one of the most beautiful things to occur naturally in the world. It draws hundreds of tourists and even the locals tend to stop whatever they're doing to bask in its picturesque visage.

Unfortunately, these days the setting of the sun is also a sign of the crimes to come. It sets the police on edge and makes citizens quiver with fear. The games are beginning again and I assure you not all of you will be making it out alive.

Please note that not every role listed in the OP will actually be appearing in this game because it's a few smaller than I hoped it would be. It's up to you to work out what roles are actually in play however. Switches may also end up coming sooner than you originally were led to believe.

OMGGGZZZZ LOOK IT'S JOHNNY!!! HE'S SO FAMOUS!!!

Rules

2. This game follows the standard 48/24 hour day/night cycle. Posting in this thread during the night phase will result in your death.
    3. Do not PM share or discuss details of this game outside of this thread (with the exception of within the Mafia's chat).
    6. Do not continue to haunt the game if you are dead. You may post one "death post" containing no game information, but that's it.

Players

gimmepie as The GM

Aquacorde as ???
    Abby as ???
    Salzorrah as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    Lelouch as ???
    Zeffy as ???
    Nightkrow as ???
    Illoebet as ???
    Charlie Brown as ???
    Pecilia as ???
    Superjolt as ???
    Johnny as The Celebrity
    Nick Wilde as ???
    Alex Kaz as ???
    Twiggy as ???​

Spoiler: I'm not doing this notification thing a second time so pay attention :P
    it me \o/

hello its me

let's switch it up

I'd like to join,

ok let's do this

I am innnn, time to get back into mafia again

Yeah why not, chuck me into the mix.

Hmm, this is interesting (and most probably will be a huge mess, in the good sense), count me in.

@Superjolt Welcome back mate

Can I noi my way in?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Trouble in Paradise

Day One

The Cop sprinted after his target in the thick of the morning fog. He was going to cach that shady looking bastard! However when he burst free from the fog he found himself outside the wrong building... and inside he could here whispering of murder. He slipped out of sight just in time to see the town doctor leaving the building, scratching his head in confusion.

Elsewhere the Tracker had also lost their target in the fog and had been looking for them for nearly an hour. It wasn't until it was beginning to clear that they found the poor man lying dead in an alleyway riddled with bullets.

Meanwhile, hotel goers looked at a trail of white powder leading to Johnny's room as within the Celebrity did what Celebrity's do best.

Bardothren is dead. He was an Islander.

Rules

Players

gimmepie as The GM

Aquacorde as ???
    Abby as ???
    Salzorrah as ???
    Bardothren as an Islander
    Lelouch as ???
    Zeffy as ???
    Nightkrow as ???
    Illoebet as ???
    Charlie Brown as ???
    Pecilia as ???
    Superjolt as ???
    Johnny as The Celebrity
    Nick Wilde as ???
    Alex Kaz as ???
    Twiggy as ???​

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Town doctor, cop, shady target, building, and whispering of murder? Hmm...

Tracker tried to track someone that got N0'd or did I read it wrong (as in the tracker was the goner?) sometimes the wording can be a bit vague.

I'm thinking the first portion is more interesting, by the way.

Back