• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tug o' War Pokémon edition - Round 3 - Dragonite (+1) VS Salamence (-1)

Years

I have not shiny hunted in let's go. I have heard about the good odds you can get in these games when the lure, shiny charm and catch combo stacked, but since pokemon can run from you I always feared that I would end up failing the shiny hunt that way, and didn't experiment, preferring to hunt in safer games. I will keep in mind the routes where the starters are for future if I revisit games, and do catch combos just to spawn their species, instead of acquiring charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle the longer way as gifts next time, as well ^_^

If any one needs an extra shiny charmander, charmeleon or charizard BTW I have a couple of extra sitting in home that I can gift.

Days

I never look out for shiny Pokemon, as they not appeal me as such. Most of them become terrible colored, like Pink Swampert/Walrein or Green Dragonite/Machamp. And these odd color choices are among the prominent reason why I don't look out for shiny. My first and foremost priority is to make a nice team with varied and wide coverage, and then finish the game. The extra works like finishing Pokedex and doing other side things never attracted me, as I felt them as unnecessary slog and also felt them as false satisfaction, and finishing them just makes my experience boring and long as the game is already finished.

Nowadays I play Pokemon GO mostly, and there also I release the shiny Pokemon, if they are not good looking + having bad IVs. Though I also have a Shiny Charizard there, which I can of course transfer to Pokemon HOME. And I can also hand out Giratina-A, Virizion, Tapu Fini, and few others, as I had invested in the species which I am needed to use.

Years

Dragonite's shiny isn't bad, but I liked Dratini/Dragonair's more myself.
Would've preferred it stay pink/purple:
Spoiler:

The W00f + Flareon = :love:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Days

Whom should support as Rayquaza ? I am the one who is needed to end the conflict b/w them.......

I will go with superior Ground type Coverage, hence Groudon.

Although it's the sky which prevails !

Edit: The shiny is just decent for Groudon, but after Primal Reversion it's amazing, and same can be said for Primal Kyogre as well. Although Pinky-Winky looks ugly on such a big Pokémon!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today

I got Sapphire right after release and played it a lot. So, there's definitely more nostalgia there. When it came to the remakes I actually played Omega Ruby, instead. Afaik, I picked it because of the version exclusives.

But I still like Kyogre more than Groudon.

Back