• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*tweet* ☆ The Twitter Fanclub

ash_pikachu_98

Prince of Pokemon
Years
  • Why do you use Twitter? - @IanHerndon
    I originally joined Twitter simply to hop on board to something new that I thought would eventually go mainstream and be a hot topic for a long time to come. Now it's actually part of my every day routine at work (that's right, I get paid to tweet lmao)

What do you tweet about?
    I actually don't post super often (less than 600 as of today), but when I do it's typically something on an article I've read, replying to something someone else wrote about, or to share an experience I've had with a company I recently interacted with such as Domino's or T-Mobile. I'm not the type to post things like 'I just woke up.' or 'My back itches.' lol. I've got nothing wrong against people who do... I mean to each their own, I simply won't be following their tweets very often heh.

At work, my job five days a week is identifying online users who are talking about our brand. Whether it be positively, negatively, or just alongside another topic. One of my personal goals is to show users and our customers that we as a company are there for them, in the spaces they are, for anything they need. We reach out and engage users via our company's Twitter ID. As of right now we have thousands of employees and 2.4 million customers nationwide; I was fortunate enough to be the first ever employee to do what I'm doing right now, and am currently one of only six in the entire organization who represent our brand on Twitter the way we do.

Last edited:

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • So... the other day I was at work and my co-worker and I were bored, so we got talking about Twitter.

He checked mine out and was amazed that I was followed by a couple verified users.

...just a funny twitter story, kinda :P

ash_pikachu_98

Prince of Pokemon
    Years
  • So... the other day I was at work and my co-worker and I were bored, so we got talking about Twitter.

He checked mine out and was amazed that I was followed by a couple verified users.

...just a funny twitter story, kinda :P

Ah that's an interesting one to think about, that's actually never crossed my mind lol. Well now it has thanks to you!

Looks like I have 9 verified followers out of 3,998. Now what I'm curious about, is out of the 120million Twitter users, what overall ratio of that is verified? 1%? .001%?

Here's a nifty gfx showing my list analyzed.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • Hi! I'm @FalconsDrummer.

I started using Twitter because I really like the way it's supposed to work. Unfortunately, though, it hasn't worked out that well for me yet, but I haven't given up. None of my real life friends or family get it, so they don't bother trying it (or they try it, make a couple "I'm trying twitter wut is this lols" tweets and then quit). So now I'm trying to use it to meet new people instead. I want to use Twitter to meet and communicate with people, rather than just have one monologue of my thoughts. Not that that part isn't fun, too.

I generally just tweet about random things that cross my mind which I think are worth sharing. I tend to talk about interesting things I might be doing at school (I'm a music student), or just funny little sayings I hear in conversation.

I don't have many followers (25, and I follow 97), but that's fine with me. I've never intended to become some kind of celebrity or anything. Although I did try to use an alternate account where I remained more anonymous and tried to gain more followers (NOT with that "follow-for-follow" garbage, though). But, meh, I'd rather just be me. Anyway, hello!

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
  • Whoa! Almost dead! Not good.

So, let's start it back up with a question! Not sure if it's been asked before, but I'm asking it anyway!

How many of your followers/followees do you personally know in real life?

Out of both my followers and followees, I know only one personally. We're in the same school district, and I found out that she had a Twitter account, so I shared mine with her. However, there are definitely a few people I follow (one of them following me as well) that I would feel honored to ever meet.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • How many of your followers/followees do you personally know in real life?

Just 2 lol, One is a friend from school and we're the only tech noobs who use it constantly. I've started to hear other people using it but ... their are something that should be kept online not offline for them to know.
    The other person is Misheard Whisper/ Thomas. We met up about 2 months ago.

ash_pikachu_98

Prince of Pokemon
    Years
  • How many of your followers/followees do you personally know in real life?

20-30 tops, and that's probably because Twitter looked through my email and facebook for people I've been in contact with who are also on Twitter. I use Facebook more-so for people I know in real-life, Twitter predominantly online only, and Google+ as sort of a mishmash of both.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Twitter fanclub? I'm so down. @scarizzle here, what's up? :D

Why do you use Twitter?
    At first, I kind of just hopped on the bandwagon, but I've kind of become addicted to it. XD; It's also been a great way for me to keep in touch with friends.

What do you tweet about?
    Anything. Usually pretty trivial, everyday things, but I tweet about shows, music, and video games (largely Zelda these days, haha) as well. I also have a horrible habit of live-tweeting if I'm playing a video game (again, largely Zelda) or watching a TV show, sooo I'm sorry to my followers for the constant updating.

How many of your followers/followees do you personally know in real life?
    Hmmm. Quite a few, actually. I follow a lot of my school friends on Twitter. I couldn't give you an exact number but maybe ten-ish?

Years
  • Find me at @Hikari10Girl.

I'm the pic with Oshawott! Can't miss it.

I have no plans to change my name.

There's a direct link in my signature too.

Back