• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Two Familiar Faces Appear in the Pokémon Sun and Moon Anime!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I do hope Misty wins, since I don't her being a helpless female character like Pokemon always seems to portray. I also want her winning to show Mega Evolution is stronger than Z-Moves.

Yeah, not to mention how ever since AG and ESPECIALLY how they got rid of Misty in the first place, they portrayed Gym Leaders, not as powerful trainers in their own right, but as incompetent wimps who lose to Rookie Pok?mon/Trainers who are exceedingly brain dead, and if they do come across as actually challenging, it's at the expense of a trainer who actually did a very impressive feat looking incompetent in the process. XY's the closest they've ever come to actually restoring the Gym Leaders reputation after AG needlessly trashed it via Ash's Hoenn-mons. I actually HATED reading about how Ash beat those Gym Leaders without any of his veterans (at least that I could buy rather than them losing to Pok?mon they should scrap easily in a similar to JJM). They need that redemption.

Of course, even if Ash wins, at least he beat her using Pikachu, an established veteran, rather than with his Alola-mons, so I could stomach that victory.

EDIT: Oh, and BTW, Mayumi Iizuka made a Misty-related Tweet yesterday:

https://twitter.com/MayuTama0103/status/908279293561552896

??????????????
    ?????????????
    ?????????
    ??????????
    ?????????????
    ????????????
    ???????????? #???? #??? #???? http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/tv/#anc2

And in the pic is SM's version of Misty's departure from Ash from GCYL.

Last edited:

mystreon

The Forgotten eeveelution.
    Years
  • I dont get why they dont just say that sun moon is set after kanto, there not showing any of ashs pokemon but kantomons, it makes no sense otherwise that bayleaf hasent tacked ash yet.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I dont get why they dont just say that sun moon is set after kanto, there not showing any of ashs pokemon but kantomons, it makes no sense otherwise that bayleaf hasent tacked ash yet.

You, ah, ARE aware that some of the flashbacks shown involved Johto (like Ash's Larvitar or Misty and Brock separating from Ash), or that Brock's explicitly a Pok?mon Doctor (which he did late Sinnoh instead of his Pok?mon Breeder goal) or that Misty's explicitly using a Gyarados which she got around AG, ie, Hoenn, right?

EDIT: BTW, I looked at some GIFs of the sub, and in the scene where Misty and Lana proceed to go for a swim, I noticed something interesting that may actually point to Misty's potential future.

Just as Misty prepares to go swimming, Misty, presumably relating to the Gyarados incident earlier, notes that Lana has guts, and then swears she won't lose to her. This suggests she's going to act as a rival to Lana, a friendly rival, but a rival nevertheless. Considering also that what we know of the plotline for next episode mentions that Misty going to fight against Ash, while Brock fights Kiane, that seems to imply that Misty's definitely going to have at least one more episode to go after this coming episode (not much point pinning a rivalry between the two if she only has this coming episode left and is going to fight Ash). We'll need to figure out how Misty will leave the gym, especially when the Poke Problem segment implied that Daisy, Lily, and Violet have absconded the gym YET again, but I'm pretty suspicious that Lana will most likely be involved in getting Misty to resume her goal and no longer have her be Gym Leader. It seems the pieces are coming into place for Misty to resume her Water Pok?mon Master goal.

Last edited:

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    Unfortunately, Misty stated that her sisters were gone as per the sub. So I don't see how she could leave the gym soon, and it doesn't help that Mayumi is saying thanks for something that has come and gone.

This doesn't mean that she can't appear in Alola later on, but there needs to be a good reason for it. Then again, SM is full of fillers.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Unfortunately, Misty stated that her sisters were gone as per the sub. So I don't see how she could leave the gym soon, and it doesn't help that Mayumi is saying thanks for something that has come and gone.

This doesn't mean that she can't appear in Alola later on, but there needs to be a good reason for it. Then again, SM is full of fillers.

We'll see. For some reason, I don't think they'd drop a pretty big hint that she and Lana would fight each other if they weren't planning to have her stick around for a while (especially when it's confirmed that she's going to fight Ash in the upcoming episode and not Lana).

Besides, I've seen a few series where people who were out of town all of a sudden came back. Like, for example, Batman Beyond, the episode with the red-headed synthoid, that episode mentioned the parents were out of town, and they ended up returning very shortly. May turn out to be that, so we can't rule out any possibilities or probabilities.

And personally, I'd rather that, if they decide to remove her again, she actually be allowed to pursue her Water Pokémon Master goal. That's all I ask at this point, that she be allowed to pursue her goal, instead of being placed in the gym and acting as essentially a human punching bag that was the fate of all Gym Leaders since AG up to BW, being beaten up by, if not Rookie trainers, then certainly Rookie Pokémon, ad nauseum. That's not a fate I'd want even a moderately skilled trainer to have, much less one with goals to basically become at the very least an Elite 4-level trainer if not Champion-level. And even ignoring that, they've already spoiled enough stuff from the episodes with their teasers that, if it were a two-episode deal, people could miss it and not miss much. That's why I'm pretty sure that, barring a permanent return, it's definitely going to be a LOT more than just two episodes. Doesn't make any sense otherwise.

EDIT: Well, the Sunday Show unveiled some new footage relating to Misty and Ash's battle, including the first animated debut of Misty's Mega-Gyarados. I'm definitely sure these two episodes aren't the only ones Misty and Brock are going to be in even in the context of this current arc now that they've spoiled her Mega Gyarados to this extent. I mean, they outright spoiled Mega-Gyarados and Mega-Steelix in the Televi-Kun issue that announced their return. That's generally not something that should be done ESPECIALLY if they're only around for two episodes, and don't get me started with that clip.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Also relevant to SM043 episode:

Spoiler:

No episode title yet for SM044 but there will most likely be a preview on Thursday for it which would indicate whether Misty and Brock stay on past September.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Also relevant to SM043 episode:

Spoiler:

No episode title yet for SM044 but there will most likely be a preview on Thursday for it which would indicate whether Misty and Brock stay on past September.

Based on those images, it looks like either Psyduck's going WAY out of control, or Misty's fighting both Lana and Mallow.

Either way, we definitely know Misty and Brock's going to stay up to at LEAST SM043. If they manage to have them stay up to SM052, and still stay, then it's definitely safe to say they're staying for keeps.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    SM043 spoilers:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Sorry for double posting, but I really need this question answered:

Is Brock the actual Pewter Gym Leader in this episode, or is Forrest? The only reason I'm asking is because, although the Pokemon Problem segment mentioned that Forrest is still the Gym Leader from what I heard, the actual summary on Bulbapedia makes it seem as though Brock actually IS the literal gym leader of Pewter City.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Forrest is presently the Gym Leader of Pewter Gym. Brock is off training to become a Pokemon Doctor so he doesn't have the time or the means to be the Gym Leader. It doesn't mean he doesn't know how to be one or can represent the Gym Leader guild. Misty is still Gym Leader of Cerulean while her sisters travel around yet again. So in a way she's still stuck there but there is a possibility of her being able to leave at a future date(she's done so three times if you include meeting Ash at the airport in SM42). Besides, having Misty's sisters there would complicate things. If memory serves one is named Lily, which sounds very similar to Lillie in the English dub(Japanese dub she's named something else).

So if you want to give all the credit to Misty, by all means do so. I still think Brock deserves some credit because even though he was never around, he can still fight and represent. Plus I thought he battled better than Misty did and apparently Mega Steelix can take a Z-Move while a Mega Gyrados can't.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Forrest is presently the Gym Leader of Pewter Gym. Brock is off training to become a Pokemon Doctor so he doesn't have the time or the means to be the Gym Leader. It doesn't mean he doesn't know how to be one or can represent the Gym Leader guild. Misty is still Gym Leader of Cerulean while her sisters travel around yet again. So in a way she's still stuck there but there is a possibility of her being able to leave at a future date(she's done so three times if you include meeting Ash at the airport in SM42). Besides, having Misty's sisters there would complicate things. If memory serves one is named Lily, which sounds very similar to Lillie in the English dub(Japanese dub she's named something else).

So if you want to give all the credit to Misty, by all means do so. I still think Brock deserves some credit because even though he was never around, he can still fight and represent. Plus I thought he battled better than Misty did and apparently Mega Steelix can take a Z-Move while a Mega Gyrados can't.

I guess you have a point considering that Misty did explicitly refer to herself as one of the Gym Leaders in Waterflowers of Cerulean City, and that was before she was forced to make it a full-time position.

And yeah, good point regarding Brock and Steelix. Guess I'll give him the credit there more than Misty. If anything, this actually seems to reinforce that being a full-time gym leader would if anything outright hamper her skills (since Brock's clearly no longer a full-time one). Still, I'll still give her credit for beating Lana and Mallow, considering that was STILL a heck of a lot better than AG and BW's depictions of Gym Leaders where they lost very easily to Rookie Pokemon a'la JJM in Episode 3 against Caterpie, while Misty definitely proved she was capable of beating them, so in that sense, she definitely redeemed them.

Since we know she's going to return in the near future due to what was said in the ending, let's hope they make sure she's back to her goal next time. In fact, I even tweeted Mayumi Iizuka requesting that, the next time she appears, they make sure she's back to her Water Pokemon Master goal.

https://twitter.com/EricOtness1/status/910888797738586112

https://twitter.com/EricOtness1/status/910889087661412352

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Or just accept that we have no control over anything.

They did have Ash promising that Misty and Brock can come over for Alola, though, so that's something. Besides, we did convince them to bring Brock back, after all, and I'm pretty sure that poll that was released around the time M20 started getting pre-release coverage would have played at least some role in convincing the writers.

Last edited:
    Back