• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen U Can Catch Gsc Pokemon!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    It is revealed that you can catch Pokemon from Gold/Silver and Crystal.

Where? When you've got your7th badge (battle with Blaine), a person will bring you to a new range of group islands.
    U Can Catch Gsc Pokemon!!!!

First, you must have caught over 60 species of POkemon, in order to get full range Pokedex.

On the first island, (direct translation: Fire Island) a range of stories will be told. Then you'lkl find yourself on the fourth island.

On the fourth island, you can catch GSC Pokemon. There is even a breeding center over there.

You can catch Moltres in this range of group islands.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    The above passage is translated from Hong Kong POkemon Forum
    Go to
    https://hkpokemonhk.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/topic.cgi?forum=3&topic=73
    for further informations.

Tweak

WHOOOOT~! XD i wanted some GSC pokemon...i was hopeing there would be some. it'd be sucky if nintendo remade gold/silver too. =-= we don't have that much money to buy sooo many games.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I only knew about Moltres and HM 06 on those island. I knew you could catch other Pokemon but not which ones. And a breeding Center? "Project: Baby Venonat" is now back in action! Yay!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    yaaayyyy...now i dont have to buy a gamecube and stadium for GSC pokemon BTW are all of them on it? I hope houndoom is!!

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Hong Kong Pokeon Forum has a little bit of arguments on the islands.

Some say that it could be Orange Islands.
    Some say that it could be Shomati (spelling?) Islands.

Though the head quarter said that Orange Islands couldn't be only 7 little rocks.

Another player said that those 7 islands were part of the group islands.
    In fact, that player has now got 3 Island Maps. So, including Kanto Map, he has 4 maps in total.
    1st Island map
    2nd Island Map!
    3rd Island Map!!
    Further imformations:
    https://hkpokemonhk.netfirms.com/cgi-bin/topic.cgi?forum=3&topic=91&show=0
    Hong Kong Pokemon Forum 2004, All rights reserved

Last edited:

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
    Years
    jynx said:
    it could be Orange Islands.
    Some say that it could be Shomati (spelling?) Islands.
    Erg... Isn't that island located in the center of the Orange Islands? n.n()
    Technically, Cinnabar and the Seafoam islands are part of the Orange Islands.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    But in the Pokemon2000 Cantonese version, it says that the Shamoti Islands are located east to Orange Islands. That means that Shamoti Islands are not part of the Orange Islands.

But since there are so many islands going on here (see the 3 maps in my previous post), I think that it could be Orange Islands.

The information in this post is only "I think", which might not be true.

Last edited:

PokeMaster3000

~Clone of a Max!
    Years
    Shamouti Islands is the central part of the Orange Archapelago(sp?) more better known as the Orange Islands. Its surrounded by three islands, better known as Ice Island, Lightning Island and Fire Island, which are said to be the home of the Legendary Bird Pokemon.

In Fire-Red & Leaf-Green, the whole Orange Islands are not available, only part of it is.

The three islands contain the legendary birds and after that you head back to Kanto. Do you go back to the Orange Islands later? Nobody knows...

Jirachi

is made of gold
    Years
    HOLY PIKACHU OF DOOM!
    I can't wait until I get these gams!
    What Pokemon do you get?!
    I WANNA SENTRET! I WANNA SENTRET! FURRET IS SOO CUTE!

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
    Years
    jynx said:
    But in the Pokemon2000 Cantonese version, it says that the Shamoti Islands are located east to Orange Islands. That means that Shamoti Islands are not part of the Orange Islands.

But since there are so many islands going on here (see the 3 maps in my previous post), I think that it could be Orange Islands.

The information in this post is only "I think", which might not be true.

I only watch the Japanese versions, so... *shrugs*
    Usually, every island south of Masara Town is considered part of the Orange islands...

Years
    hey people, when you buy this game do you play pokemon ruby and sapphire or the fire red and leaf green... and do you trade pokemon from fire red to ruby or from ruby to fire red

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    PokeMaster3000 said:
    Shamouti Islands is the central part of the Orange Archapelago(sp?) more better known as the Orange Islands. Its surrounded by three islands, better known as Ice Island, Lightning Island and Fire Island, which are said to be the home of the Legendary Bird Pokemon.

In Fire-Red & Leaf-Green, the whole Orange Islands are not available, only part of it is.

The three islands contain the legendary birds and after that you head back to Kanto. Do you go back to the Orange Islands later? Nobody knows...
    Stop spreading rumours.

You catch Zapdos in the Electric Plant, and Articuno in the Cinnibar Island IN THE KANTO MAP!! Will you please!

Besides, those group islands ARE NOT CONFIRMED to be Orange Islands, as no name is shown on the map.

hey people, when you buy this game do you play pokemon ruby and sapphire or the fire red and leaf green... and do you trade pokemon from fire red to ruby or from ruby to fire red
    You can only trade with Ruby Sapphire AFTER you WIN the elite4.
    Unfortunately, you will be teleported to these Islands after you beat your 7th Gym (Gym Leader=Blaine)

Therefore, so far no one had beat the elite4, that means no one can trae with Ru/Sa yet.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    I believe that you need the Rainbow ticket to go back to the islands, so I wouldn't doubt them being called the 'Rainbow Islands' as these are NOT the Orange Islands as the games DO NOT FOLLOW THE ANIME.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Huh? Really?
    But the person who reported said that as soon as you beat Blaine, someone teleport you there.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Muffin Man said:
    yaaayyyy...now i dont have to buy a gamecube and stadium for GSC pokemon BTW are all of them on it?
    I wouldn?t bet on it. I'm guessing half of the G/S/C Pokemon are on Fire Red/Leaf Green and the other half is on Colosseum. So that way every one has to get Colosseum and Fire Red/Leaf Green to get all the Pokemon on there Ruby or Sapphire.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    I wouldn?t bet on it. I'm guessing half of the G/S/C Pokemon are on Fire Red/Leaf Green and the other half is on Colosseum. So that way every one has to get Colosseum and Fire Red/Leaf Green to get all the Pokemon on there Ruby or Sapphire.
    This is what I imagined too.
    Nintendo would probably get ways to urge us to buy all 3 games!

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    HOLY PIKACHU OF DOOM!
    I can't wait until I get these gams!
    What Pokemon do you get?!
    I WANNA SENTRET! I WANNA SENTRET! FURRET IS SOO CUTE!

I want a hoppip! YAYYY for the news!!!!!
    *Is also a bit sad as it will take a while to get it*

According to people on Game FAQs, those two are on the Mystery Islands (after Elite Four only though). I forgot the whole list. But I remember them saying Hoppip could be found while Surfing (like Zubat and Wingull in Ru/Sa)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back