• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen UGH! Liepard is so hard to train!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Well all my team, seeing as how fast Archeops moves up the levels XD Archeops levels so easily, so my team are always trying to catch up. But mainly my Musharna, it levels up so sloww. I will give it the Lucky Egg after Litwick evolves.

Years
    Purloin was the same for me, gave up when it got to level 12 I think.

To be honest anything with a low attack stat I find difficult, purely because it takes a few moves to knock something out, leaving the other pokemon with the opportunity to do some damage, resulting in a lot of trips to the poke centre.

Years
    If you're having trouble levelling up an un-evolved pokemon, the Eviolite can make a huge difference.

Blitzle again here. I gave up on it at lv 16 though, lol.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I found Vanillite hard to train. When I caught it, I'm all like "om nom nom ice cream" and I thought it would be fun, but nope. It's a complete ass to train, and I didn't like training it, even if it was only for one level. I then ditched that Vanillite for Sigilyph.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Why Liepard?
    It has poor stats! It's not the only Pokemon with fake out neither.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found Monozu an entire nightmare to train.
    Due to its ability, it keeps missing the opponent, and it takes forever to evolve into hydreigon...

I found Vanillite hard to train. When I caught it, I'm all like "om nom nom ice cream" and I thought it would be fun, but nope. It's a complete ass to train, and I didn't like training it, even if it was only for one level. I then ditched that Vanillite for Sigilyph.

That's why I didn't catch Vanillite. I got my Vanilluxe by catching the middle evolution.
    That way it's far better to train.

Years
    I found Vanillite hard to train after I caught it in the Cold Storage, and I had realized I would need a good ice type Pokemon for the last gym. When I started training it, it fainted very frequently, and I decided to just give it an Exp. Share because it wasn't worth trying to train. Once it got to the higher levels, it got more HP, and I was able to pretty much 1-hit KO the Dragon-type Pokemon in Iris' (Drayden's if you have Black) gym. Still, my Vanillish is hard to train and I still have the Exp. Share on it.

This. Icecreamcone was very hard to train for me because of its defense. I got it up to level 44, didn't use it at all in the E4 first-go-round, and then boxed it. Then I just traded it over to my boyfriend's game so he could use it for the dragon gym. He's using it now that it evolved into doublescoop, but I'm not sure of its fate post Victory road.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
    Agggh! Tynamo is being a pain in the ass to level up. It can't fight anything around Route 7 (or 8) without fainting, so I have to keep switching the darn thing out. This Pokemon better be worth training!

Shorty-

Unique is an Understatement.
    Years
    My Liepard is still going strong. I'm still trying figure out why everyone is still having a hard time with it.
    Train Train Train

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
    I found blitz annoying to train because it keeps on dying and I had to keep on going to the Pokemon center but I didn't give up on it because when it evolves It was very good at attack then defense but It also was cool.I actually gave up on training Woobat because it wasn't that good for me to use even though it's psychic and flying type.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm going to be completely different and say that Pansear was a PITA to train when I first played through the game. During the main game, I like Pokemon that can attack strong and take a hit. Pansear couldn't do either one of those things, so I boxed it.

Currently, I'm finding the same with Vanillite, though the one I have now is at a lower level than the rest of my team. Still, it's taking forever to raise, and it didn't come with great attacks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    I found Lillipup difficult. I liked it despite it being normal cos it picks things up. Reminded me of meowth ^.^ but the moves he learns are so weak. I finally just gavee him experience share item and let him sit in the back of the team. Just a bit ago he finally hit level 36 and learned Last Resort and I let him evolve. I'm thankful cos now he can learn some better TM and HM moves. Of coarse now he doesn't have the ability I found so endearing.

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
    Blitzle. I caught one on Route 3, and then it got KO'd by a Pidove. Twice.

An electric type got its ass handed to it by a flying type. "WHY GOD! WHY?! WHY DEFY YOUR OWN LAWS TO CAUSE ME FRUSTRATION?!" I screamed at the heavens before putting it in the convenient Day Care Center, and then taking it out in time to fight Lenora, having aged about, say, 5 levels.

So, basically, I chickened out on him early on, and then found him to be a beast at fighting and catching Pokes the second he got Thunder Wave and Flame Charge.

Noob out.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Right now in my Pokemon Black I was trying to train a Deino and Tynamo on my team but WOW are they annoying to train. -___- I got Quilava, Charmeleon, Vaporeon and Servine on my team and they are so much faster at leveling up and sooo much stronger. Deino is soooooo slow at growing levels... And Tynamo with his 4 moves is pathetic. I wanna ditch Deino but I'm not sure about Tynamo.. Anyone know if Tynamo's gonna be worth training or should I just ditch him?

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
    Before playing Black and White, I always had interest in catching and raising a Purrloin. After finally catching one, I realized how hard it was to gain experience and level up, so I ended up giving up on training it.

i had this same problem. I was so excited because Purrloin always seemed like a cool pokemon to me. I practically gave up on keeping it as a Pokemon by the 2nd gym, and PC'd it the moment it evolved

Any pokemon with a low defense stat is really annoying to train, because they constantly faint which means running back and forth to the pokecenter every few minutes.
    This annoys me to no end. Either it faints, or you just REALLY want it to get SOME exp so you have to switch to another pokemon. And we all know how slowly pokemon gain exp when they have to split it..

Scraggiland

Pokémon Trainer Mike ★
    Years
    The Pokémon I had most trouble training was my Solosis because of it's low Speed stat and shocking move pool at such a low level it just wasn't able to defeat anything.

TTC

Tommy The Cat
    Years
    Ferrothorn. Generally I find that low attack and high defense pokemon are a pain for fast leveling.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    For me, it's Timburr.
    Really powerful when it hits, but soooo slow, and made of bread.
    Mostly of the time he went 2HKOed, so I gave up using him at Lv. 22 or something.

Back