• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen UGH! Liepard is so hard to train!

JacOat12

A red dragon with a nice hat
Years
  • The hardest pokemon I found to raise was Tynamo, since he's pretty pathetic until he evolves, but it takes some time... I'm also finding that getting a Hydregion is painfully hard...

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I found Vanillite hard to train after I caught it in the Cold Storage, and I had realized I would need a good ice type Pokemon for the last gym. When I started training it, it fainted very frequently, and I decided to just give it an Exp. Share because it wasn't worth trying to train. Once it got to the higher levels, it got more HP, and I was able to pretty much 1-hit KO the Dragon-type Pokemon in Iris' (Drayden's if you have Black) gym. Still, my Vanillish is hard to train and I still have the Exp. Share on it.

Years
  • My Abagoora Carracosta and Zebstrika felt like they were made of glass the way they kept fainting after one or two battles. When I used these two everything I went up against seemed tough enough to whittle me down or too fast and too strong for me to have a chance.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I've never trained a Purloin from the beginning so I wouldn't know, when I first got Black in Japanese I trained Blitzle and Darumakka, worst days ever, they died at every hit. D: Once they evolved they were good though.

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
  • Carracosta >_>. Nice defence but just kept on dying from all those fast special attacks. If not for his Study ability he would be OHKOed.

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • My entire team
    Seriously though, I can't seem to click with any team. Everything I catch seems to faint immediately so I end up ditching them out of frustration. I'm still training on early routes but my Pokémon aren't doing their job. D:

The main Pokémon for me was Liepard. Mine had a Jolly nature and high IVs but it was still unbearably weak. I really hate it since I spent so much time trying to make it better, lol. Others include Blitzle, Pansear, Dewott, Timburr, Cottonee and Drilbur (though I'm still using the last two). I've actually been forced to trade online in order to get a Ducklett. It's probably my best Pokémon though I don't really like it. x)

Years
  • Same as BinaryPeaches, i had a hard time training Blitzle up untill it evolved, it just kept dieing so much, i really was so close to just giving up on it, and put in back into the computer and get something else.

Funny thing tho, when i got it to level 32 or so, i actually threw it in the computer anyway, since i wanted to change my team a bit, to be better overall.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've trained a little less than half of the Unova Pokemon, and I gotta say...damn. lol It's awful at first, I'm telling ya. Drilbur was horrible til I finally got it to evolve at 31. Don't get me started on Liepard/Purrloin and Minccino though, omg. I ditched them in White because DYING. ALL THE TIME. I'm ditching Swoobat for Elgyem/Beheeyem in Black because...well, those stats are atrocious and Swoobat was meant to be a placeholder anyway. But for a while, I considered keeping it around, but I spoke too soon. It started to suck afterwards.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    At the moment...probably Deino. A lot of Pokemon around high levels from the wild are really hard to train and it's actually easier if they're weaker, it's so illogical, lol.

mochilicious

the first little piggy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    My Blitzle's actually doing pretty well. I think at the moment, it'd have to be my Woobat; she can't take many hits at all and I basically only leave her out there when she has type advantage.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    For me, it would have to be Yamask. I train mainly by knocking out a bunch of Audino, and since Yamask only learn Ghost-type moves for the longest time, it could never hurt the Audino. :/ I had to use Exp. Shares and switch it out with other Pokémon for it to gain experience and it just took too long. Furthermore, although it had high defenses, its attacking stats weren't fantastic, and I never had too much of a use for it on my teams. I switched it for a Litwick and I've never looked back since.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2014
    I gave up on my Liepard at level 29 and my Zebstrika got booted out after the elite four. They just weren't working on my team. I instead traded and ev trained gible from my plantinum and evolved it into a powerful garchomp.

But yeah, I didn't have the patience to deal wit Liepard. I agree that Gothorita is difficult, but so is Gothiselle. She had low attack and low special Attack for a psychic, but her special defense is awesome so I'm keeping her around.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    My Yamask was really hard to train. I guess some ghost types are had to train. :\

JooJoobs

Boomin' and Bunkin'
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    For me Yamask was actually pretty easy to bring up.. right now its this Meinfoo thats giving me so much trouble. If his first move doesn't take them out he normally dies if he gets hit by a move, unless its not very effective of course

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • i only had issues with Pidove and Tynamo.

Left Purrloin in the Daycare. by the time i had noticed I could breed, it was up to Lv38 when I went to collect. I just opted to Quick Ball a Liepard though.

Back