• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kombat

Newbie Breeder
Years
  • Wow too prove i have to much free time. Ive beaten the E4 already.
    Team
    Hatton-Hitmonchan
    Lvl 63
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Punch
    Fire Punch
    Counter

Ricky-Machamp
    lvl 59
    Submission
    Mega Kick
    Karate Chop
    Double Edge

Roger-Primeape
    lvl 73
    Thrash
    Sesimic Toss
    Mega Punch
    Focus Energy

Starting Gold Tomorrow:D

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2010
    UPDATE

-Went to game corner to take on Team Rocket
    -Found TM Double Edge. Taught it to Microsoft over Tackle
    -Defeated Giovanni and the rest of Team Rocket with Microsoft who was now at level 36
    -Got Silph Scope
    -Headed back to Lavender Town and went to Pokemon Tower
    -Completed Pokemon Tower and got Poke Flute from Old Man
    -Headed west of Celadon and used Poke Flute on Snorlax
    -Defeated Snorlax
    -Got HM02 Fly
    -Headed down Cycle Road dodging trainers as I wanted to save the experience for my next team members
    -Arrived in Fuchsia City and went to the Safari Zone
    -Went through the first time and got all the items including the Gold Teeth and HM03 Surf
    -Gave Gold Teeth to the Warden and got HM04 Strength
    -Went back to the Safari Zone and spent the rest of the day and almost all of my poke dollars trying to catch a Tauros and Kangaskhan
    -Finally after a lot of swearing I caught a level 25 Kangaskhan who I named Diane and a level 26 Tauros who I named No_Bull
    -Taught No_Bull TM Body Slam and Diane HM Surf and TM Rock Slide
    -Grinded Diane and No_Bull to level 30.
    -Flew back to Vermillion City and beat all the trainers in Route 11 with Diane and No_Bull
    -Defeated the Other Snorlax and made my way back to Fuchsia City via Route 12,13,14,15 battling all the trainers for experience
    -Beat all the trainers I missed on Route 18 and Cycling Road for experience
    - All my team members were now at level 40 so I decided to challenge Koga
    -Defeated Koga (Microsoft's Psybeam owned this Gym) and got Soul Badge and TM Toxic

Team

Donald level 41
    -Water Gun
    -Dig
    -Super Fang
    -Hyper Fang

In_Boots level 41
    -Bubblebeam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Bite
    -Pay Day

Microsoft level 41
    -Double Edge
    -Thunder Wave
    -Psybeam
    -Recover

No_Bull level 41
    - Body Slam
    -Tail Whip
    -Stomp
    -Tackle

Diane level 41
    -Rock Slide
    -Surf
    -Bite
    -Tail Whip

Farfetch'd (Cut/Fly Slave)

-Headed south of Fuchsia to Seafoam Island beating all the trainers along the way
    -Went into Seafoam Island and caught a level 37 Slowbro
    -Flew back to Fuchsia and traded the Slowbro for Lickitung (already named Marc)
    -Grinded Marc to Level 41 so it was the same as my other team members
    -Taught Marc HM Strength and TM Submission
    -Flew to Saffron City and got TM Psychic. Taught it to Microsoft over Psybeam
    -Used Microsoft and its new Psychic attack to own the fighting dojo
    -Went to Silph Co. and booted Team Rocket out
    -Got TM Earthquake inside. Taught it to No_Bull over Tackle
    -Beat Rival and Giovanni and got Master Ball
    -After Team Rocket were defeated I decided to go to the Power Plant and got TM Thunder
    -Taught Thunder to No_Bull
    -Flew back to Saffron and challenged Sabrina
    -Beat Sabrina and got TM Psywave

Team

Donald level 46
    -Water Gun
    -Dig
    -Super Fang
    -Hyper Fang

In_Boots level 46
    -Bubblebeam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Bite
    -Pay Day

Microsoft level 46
    -Double Edge
    -Thunder Wave
    -Psychic
    -Recover

No_Bull level 46
    - Body Slam
    -Tail Whip
    -Thunder
    -Earthquake

Diane level 46
    -Rock Slide
    -Surf
    -Dizzy Punch
    -Tail Whip

Marc level 46
    -Wrap
    -Supersonic
    -Strength
    -Submission

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I´m back again :D

Soul Silver update:D

- i beat Bugsy
    - i went to goldenrod
    - Muddy evolved into Quagsire
    - i beat all traners on the way to Sudowodo
    - i beat Witney
    - i ran right through Ecruteak to Olivine
    - got Good Rod
    - rode all the way back to New Bark Town (just because i can´t fish in the harbor like in the original one)
    - used the Good Rod to catch a Chinchou, Light, and a Tentacool, Tenta

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • don't mind me while I just jump on this bandwagon. Hopefully I follow the rules and such correctly.

Version: Blue
    Type: Fire
    Progress
    -Started, Choose Charmander, named it Sir Newton
    -Wizzed my way through the forest while also working Sir Newton to LV 14
    - battled
    with and beat Brock, with Sir Newton finishing the fight at LV 16 and thus evolved
    -Saved
    Party
    Charmeleon/SirNewton LV 16
    -Scratch
    -Growl
    -Ember
    -Leer

More to come later I guess...

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2010
    Landmines, you know you could have gotten Dodrio or Fearow, right? They are part normal...

Yeah, I wanted to use Pokémon I've never used before. Although I am regretting using Lickitung it's stats suck and it has a horrid move pool

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    Emerald Flying Progress:

-Went to Dewford, and caught a Zubat
    -Had to catch an Abra for a Flash HM slave
    -Defeated Brawly
    -Got to Slateport. [sarcasm]I'm having LOADS of fun training Nincada and Fang[/sarcasm]

Team:

Seagull - Lv21
    Keen Eye
    Spr_3e_278.gif

Wing Attack
    Mist
    Supersonic
    Water Gun

Nincada - Lv15
    Compoundeyes
    Spr_3e_290.gif

Scratch
    Harden
    Fury Swipes
    Sand-Attack

Fang - Lv14
    Inner Focus
    Spr_3e_041.gif

Leech Life
    Supersonic
    Astonish

HM Slaves:
    Zigzagoon - Cut
    Abra - Flash

Slowly moving along Emerald...Can't wait 'til Nincada evolves -_-

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2010
    UPDATE

-Flew to Pallet Town and surfed to Cinnabar Island beating all the trainers along the way
    -Went through the Pokemon Mansion and got the Secret Key
    -Found TM Blizzard in the Pokemon Mansion. Taught it to No_Bull over Tail Whip
    -Fought all the trainers to the east of Cinnabar Island for experience
    -Decided to challenge Blaine
    -Beat Blaine. (Diane's Surf and Donald's Water Gun on all the pokemon for the win)
    -Got TM Fire Blast. Taught it to Diane over Tail Whip
    -Flew to Viridian City to challenge Giovanni to get my last badge
    -Beat Giovanni and got TM Fissure
    -Headed towards Victory Road. Got stopped by my rival who I beasted
    -Made my way through Victory Road
    -I am now about to challenge the Elite Four

Team

Donald level 51
    -Water Gun
    -Dig
    -Super Fang
    -Hyper Fang

In_Boots level 51
    -Bubblebeam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Slash
    -Pay Day

Microsoft level 51
    -Double Edge
    -Thunder Wave
    -Psychic
    -Recover

No_Bull level 51
    - Body Slam
    -Blizzard
    -Thunder
    -Earthquake

Diane level 51
    -Rock Slide
    -Surf
    -Dizzy Punch
    -Fire Blast

Marc level 50
    -Wrap
    -Supersonic
    -Strength
    -Submission

Last edited:

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • An update of my Fire Monotype challenge progressing through Blue version
    -Went through Mount Moon
    -Beat Rival before Nugget bridge
    -Cleared my way through nugget bridge and up to Bill's house
    -Mega Punched my way through Misty
    -Deafed all trainers on the S.S.Anne along with Rival
    -Caught a Sandshrew to be my Cut slave
    -Beat Surge through a slashing onslaught
    -Sir Newton evolved into Charizard
    -Blindly went through Darkcave
    -Promptly caught myself a Vulpix and named her Kitsune
    -Stole the Eevee and then slapped a fire stone on it giving me a flareon I named Flae
    -Torched Erika to death
    -Foiled team rockets plans in there Game Corner hide out

Party
    Charizard/Sir Newton LV 41
    -Slash
    -Mega Punch
    -Ember
    -Rage
    Vulpix/Kitsune LV 30
    -Ember
    -Confuse Ray
    -Quick Attack
    -Dig
    Flareon/Flae LV 31
    -Tackle
    -Ember
    -Body Slam
    -Quick Attack
    Sandshrew/CUT LV HM slave
    -Cut

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • OK, since school's over, I'll have more time to play, so I think I'll rejoin this challenge.

Type:
    FLYING
    Games:
    FIRE RED
    SOUL SILVER
    EMERALD
    PLATINUM

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    I have started the challenge, choosing Grass type, because I love Bulbasaur. I decided to start with Red version because Oddishes are way more cute than Bellsprouts (esp. when they evolve. lol, Weepinbell). Haven't played the old games since back when they were new. Yay nostalgia! I named myself GRASS and my rival FIRE.

MOM: Right. All boys leave home some day. It said so on TV.
    I love the moms in these games. I don't have to look after my 10 year old kid, the TV said so! :D

Professor Oak wasn't around so I decided to run away from home. THEN he showed up. He gave me a Bulbasaur, and I named him AWESOME. FIRE chose a Charmander, beat me and my Bulbasaur up, and made fun of how I smell. So I decided to run away from home again.

Despite being accosted by a ferocious Pidgey, I made to the next town and went to the Pokemon Center to heal my poor AWESOME. I decided we should practice fighting a little bit to lower our chances of getting killed. Once AWESOME learned how to shoot parasitic seeds at people, I decided to explore the city and started on the task of entering every building I could find. A sign told me that I was in VIRIDIAN CITY, The Eternally Green Paradise.

At the PokeMart, somebody asked me to deliver a parcel to Oak. I decided to go all the way back even though I was supposed to have run away. After all, Oak gave me my AWESOME. A typical adult, Oak asked FIRE and I to fulfill his dreams so that he could live vicariously through us, and gave us a PokeDex.

Afraid of getting lost, I got a map from FIRE's sister. I decided to not visit my mother.

AWESOME got hurt pretty badly going to Pallet Town and back, so I trained him a little more. Then I went shopping. The store didn't even have potions; it was very disappointing. I found a perpetually closed Pokemon Gym with a leader of unknown identity. Wondering why the gym had Pokemon League certification, I decided to leave town.

Heading west, I fought a couple of wild Pokemon, then ran into FIRE. Unprepared for the battle and outnumbered, AWESOME and I were badly beaten. FIRE did not relent until we blacked out. When we woke up we were at the Pokemon Center.

I ran north, fleeing from FIRE, and found myself in Viridian Forest. I was attacked by a few guys with bug nets, but since their bug Pokemon were primarily interested in hardening and shooting sticky string at AWESOME, we managed to survive. AWESOME was getting weak though, so we left the forest as soon as we could find our way out.

Next to the Pokemon Center, I spoke to a man who told me about a serious trainer named BROCK at the local gym. Remembering FIRE mentioning something about badges the last time I encountered him, I concluded that I had better keep up with this Gym business if I wanted to stop being beaten up by him.

I found a PokeMart that actually sold potions, but could only afford one. Then some random guy outside forced me to go see the museum, dragging me the whole way! I went inside to appease him, but left soon after. Fortunately, he was gone. Shaken, I decided to go hide in the forest for a while. After defeating a wild Kakuna, AWESOME learned to attack with his vines. He looked determined at this moment, and I could tell that he meant business. Shortly afterwards, I found a couple of potions lying around on ground. Feeling that my luck had changed, I decided to go to the Pewter City Gym.

After entering the Gym, I was challenged by one of BROCK's lackeys. AWESOME made excellent use of his vine whip attack, but got hurt. Nervous about taking on Brock in this state, I went to the Pokemon Center and went shopping.

Returning to the gym, I challenged Brock. AWESOME astounded me with his finesse as he defeated BROCK's Pokemon without receiving a single scratch. We left the gym with our new BOULDERBADGE and smiles on our faces. Perhaps one day we would be able to defeat FIRE!

Team:
    AWESOME (Bulbasaur) Lvl. 15 Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

Forum won't let me include sprites due to post count >_<

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • Made a decent amount of progress in my Flying Challenge.

-Started Fire Red. Red awakes in his house next to his old NES. Wow, Red. Red goes to his PC and magically makes a Potion appear from the PC. Woah. Red then walks downstairs to his blue-haired mom, where she tells him that all boys leave someday. (She lets a 10 year old leave home?!)

-Went outside to this EXTREMELY tiny Town called Pallet. Honestly, this isn't a town if there are 3 buildings...

-Tried to leave north through some tall grass. Some old guy walks up to me and tells me that it's dangerous to walk into grass. What?! Crazy old person...

-This old guy takes me back to his small "lab" and introduces himself as Prof. Oak. Oak? As in the tree? Excuse me, sir, but how are you a professor? Oak tells me he studies Pokemon and that somehow makes him a professor. Wow, I could easily be a professor, then...

-Some rude kid named Blue walks in and calls Oak "Gramps". That's no way to talk to a professor!

-Oak then tells us that to go into the tall grass, we must first obtain a Pokemon. Um. Ok?

-Three Pokeballs are on the table, waiting for me to pick one. I'm so excited, I hope I get an Arceus! Wait, what are these? Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander, what are these. Oak? Too lazy to go catch good Pokemon?

-Since prior knowledge says that Charmander evolves all the way to Charizard, which is a part Flying type, I choose Charmander and nickname it Blaze.

-As I try to leave the "lab", Blue decides to battle Pokemon. Jeez, I just got it!

-After multiple Scratches, Blaze succeeds in defeating the Bulbasaur. Take that, Blue!

-I leave the lab and go north through the tall grass, when a freaky purple rat appears! AAHH!! Charmander defeats this mutated rat yusing Scratch. "Hey, Blaze, I think I can see the end of the Rou- AAHH!! PURPLE RAT!!"

-Getting to Viridian City, I try to go north, but this old man lying on the ground won't let me through because he has'nt had his coffee. Then go make some instead of lying on the floor!

-Going into a blue building, a man asks me to deliver a parcel to Prof. Oak. Wait...I have to go BACK to the Rattata infested grass?! No thank you!

-Sadly, there isn't a NO reply button and I'm forced to go back to Pallet.

-Luckily, I'm able to jump these ledges to get back! Whew!

-I get back to Oak's lab and give him a custom Pokeball. I had to go all the way back to give him a Pokeball?! Lazy old geezer...

-Oak gives Gary and I an electric red encyclopedia of Pokemon! Cool. Wait...um...Oak? This is empty.

-Oak tells us we must fill it out ourselves. WTF!? Not cool!

-Oak gives me 5 Pokeballs to catch Pokemon with. If there are 150 Pokemon catch, why give me only 5?

-Leaving, Pallet, I make my way through Route 1, encountering a pigeon. I decide to catch this pigeon, since I'm pretty sure it's a Flying type. I nickname this pigeon Cloud.

-Eventually I come to a forest full of worms. Ah. Lovely. Cloud and Blaze destroy all Pokemon here easily.

-Eventually I reach Pewter City, a small town that doesn't deserve to be called a city.

-Going to the Gym, I beat a trainer with a Geodude and a Sandshrew who says I'm a hundred light years from facing Brock. Um...no...Brock is about 5 feet away from me....

-Brock is no match for my Charmander's Metal Claw. Critical Hits helped.

-I make my way through Mt. Moon, evolving Blaze and Cloud. At the Pokemon Center before Mt. Moon a man sells me a Magikarp for $500. COOL! I nickname this Magikarp Sushi.

-Going through Mt. Moon, I train Sushi to lvl 20 when it evolved into a giant blue dragon! AHH! It's part Flying type, so I guess it's ok...

-Got to Cerulean City where I saved my game and decided to end the game for the day.

pkfrlg005.png
    Blaze | Lv.24
    -Ember
    -Mega Punch
    -Brick Break
    - Metal Claw

pkfrlg017.png
    Cloud | Lv.24
    -Gust
    -Quick Attack
    -Tackle
    -Sand-Attack

pkfrlg130.png
    Sushi | Lv.24
    -Bite
    -Splash
    -Tackle

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Soulsilver water update:D

- beat Morty
    - cached the red Gayrados. named it Gyra
    - beat the lighthouse
    - got to Cianwood city
    - beat Chuck
    - cached the Friday Lapras. named it Icy
    - started beating my way through the rocket hideout

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Upon leaving the Pewter City Gym, I headed to the PokeMart and spent my winnings to avoid getting mugged. I took AWESOME to the Pokemon Center for a quick rest, then headed east outside the city, where I was immediately attacked by a bug catcher. Hardened from his recent exploits, AWESOME tackled his bug Pokemon into submission. Afterwards, AWESOME started glowing! Leaves sprouted from his bulb, and he appeared more seriously ready for action than ever.

Continuing on, we were attacked by a girl for looking her way. Trying to prevent us from from repeating the offense, she had her Pidgeys spray sand in our eyes. Blindly tackling in every direction, AWESOME managed to fend off the attackers. We stumbled back to the Pokemon Center to visit the emergency eyewash station.

On my return to the path, I was intercepted by a boy, who shouted an unusual proclamation: "Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!". Confounded by this, I stood deep in thought while AWESOME took care of his attacking Pokemon. Still in a daze, I stumbled down a hill, where I was attacked again-- for not wearing shorts! This youngster had a Spearow, which relentlessly tore into poor AWESOME with its terrible beak. Luckily, we made it away from these short-wearing bullies, and I healed AWESOME with a potion.

Making it past several more quarrellous children, I arrived at a conveniently-located Pokemon Center. After healing AWESOME, some strange man in there tried to sell me a fish. I just said NO, doubting his intentions, and promptly left to avoid trouble. I then headed into the nearby Mt. Moon. It seemed pretty dangerous inside, so I thought I'd look around for bit and scout things out, and return to the Pokemon Center to heal before I went much farther in. I fought off a couple of Pokemon trainers while I did so, along with some troublesome Zubats and hilariously-sprited Geodudes.

And then, lo and behold, I saw her: a lovely little Paras coveting a rare candy. She started attacking AWESOME, but I told him to hold back, hesitating to attack, as I did not want to injure her terribly. I decided to go ahead and throw a Pokeball without hurting the Paras first.. and was successful! The Paras stayed in the ball; perhaps she wanted to come along. I named her COCO, and grabbed the rare candy from the cave floor. I then exited Mt. Moon, wanting to train and get to know COCO near the safety of the Pokemon Center and away from pesky Zubats.

In the grass, COCO enjoyed fighting Pidgeys and sleeping under the influence of Jigglypuff song. She did not enjoy the aggressive Spearows. While helping his new friend, AWESOME learned how to release a poisonous powder into the air. Trying to imitate this feat, COCO discovered her ability to emit a paralyzing powder. Once I felt confident that COCO could take on those Zubats, I returned to Mt. Moon.

While wandering the cave, I was attacked by some dubious characters sporting whips and the letter 'R' emblazoned on their black uniforms. They claimed to be TEAM ROCKET, and were making a lot of fuss about some fossils that were apparently in the cave. While fighting them off, COCO learned to sap the strength of her opponents. I just wanted to get out of the cave, and I had to pick up one of those fossils just to clear the path to the way out.

Finally, I made it to Cerulean City. I went shopping, to the Pokemon Center, and then to the gym! After leading us through Mt. Moon, COCO was strong enough to take on the challengers within. After healing COCO, I returned to fight the gym's leader, Misty. COCO and AWESOME fought valiantly together, with COCO in the forefront, stunning Misty's starfish Pokemon and draining their strength. Triumphant, we left Cerulean Gym. Today was a good day-- no sign of FIRE at all!

Team:
    AWESOME (Ivysaur) Lvl. 24 Tackle, Poison Powder, Leech Seed, Vine Whip
    COCO (Paras) Lvl. 22 Scratch, Stun Spore, Leech Life

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    - Beat the 5th gym. Not too hard.
    - Got Surf, taught to Brigand.
    - Found the Abandoned Ship, got Ice Beam, taught it to Brigand.
    - Got back to the town with the 3rd gym, talked to the gym leader, got the key.
    - Did the Power Plant-esque thing, went back and got Thunderbolt, taught to Sapropel.
    - Sold some Nuggets and Vitamins and bought enough coins at the game corner to buy Flamethower. Taught it to Sapropel as well.
    - Did the Weather Institution stuff.
    - Brigand evolved into Tentacruel.
    - Beat the Rival guy.
    - Beat the 6th gym. Again, not much of a challenge, mostly thanks to Ice Beam.
    - Taught Fly to Schmaving.
    - Did the Team Magma base and Team Aqua base.
    - Sapropel evolved into Muk! My favorite Pokemon ever.
    - SOMEHOW MANAGED TO BEAT THE 7th GYM LEADERS ON MY FIRST TRY. I hate Psychic types.
    - Caught a Sharpedo. My new favorite Pokemon ever.
    - Found that one city. You know the one.
    - Found the OTHER Team Aqua hideout thing, did that.
    - Went back the the city, ended up at Sky Pillar. Got to Rayquaza.
    - Beat Juan. Hey look at that I remembered a name!

Team

emespr269.png
    | CODEINE | Level 36 | Shield Dust | m
    Moonlight
    Poison Sting
    Psybeam
    Silverwind

emespr073.png
    | BRIGAND | Level 39 | Clear Body | f | Mystic Water
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Thief
    Acid

emespr169.png
    | SCHMAVING | Level 39 | Inner Focus |
    m
    Fly
    Wing Attack
    Shadow Ball
    Bite

emespr089.png
    | SAPROPEL | Level 40 | Stench |
    f
    Thunderbolt
    Sludge
    Acid Armor
    Flamethrower

Slaves

emespr252.png
    | COLOGNE | Level 15 | Overgrow | m
    Strength
    Rock Smash
    Absorb
    Cut

emespr319.png
    | SHARPEDO | Level 30 | Rough Skin | f
    Dive
    Waterfall
    Crunch
    Screech

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I beat Sapphire on my Rock challenge.

hoennchamps.jpg

Really cannot be bothered to describe exactly how I beat the Elite Four. I just threw stuff at them and abused revives until they gave up.

Final Team:

Crusher (Aggron)
    @ Soft Sand
    Spr_3r_306.png

Lvl. 47
    Sturdy
    - Iron Tail
    - Blizzard/Thunderbolt (Tbolt used against Glacia then deleted for Blizzard against Drake)
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Tomb
    My hard-hitter and tank against anything without a Ground or Fighting move. Did very well all around. 2nd MVP.

Luna (Lunatone)
    Spr_3r_337.png

Lvl. 47
    Levitate
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Ice Beam
    - Hypnosis
    Had excellent coverage. A bit frail and didn't see an awful lot of use in the E4, but a decent Pokemon all round.

Tim (Armaldo) @ Kings Rock
    Spr_3r_348.png

Lvl. 47
    Battle Armour
    - Aerial Ace
    - Strength
    - Metal Claw
    - Ancientpower
    A decent Pokemon, its stats were fine but suffered from a poor moveset.

Missy Goo (Magcargo)
    Spr_3r_219.png

Lvl. 46
    Flame Body
    - Flamethrower
    - Rock Throw
    - Yawn
    - Secret Power
    Flame Body is an awesome ability and Flamethrower is a very good attack - however it was my only good attack,. Due to Magcargo's pathetic speed and multitude of weaknesses, the amount of Pokemon it had a chance against was limited. That said, she did beat Steven's Metagross.

Celio (Relicanth)
    Spr_3r_369.png

Lvl. 47
    Rock Head
    - Take Down
    - Ancientpower
    - Yawn
    - Surf
    All hail Relicanth! This thing was a beast, it hit hard and was the only thing that could survive attack from Metagross. Surf gave coverage and STAB, Take Down is a great attack when you don't have to deal with backlash, and Yawn helped me out of several tight spots. MVP.

Upon leaving the Pewter City Gym, I headed to the PokeMart and spent my winnings to avoid getting mugged. I took AWESOME to the Pokemon Center for a quick rest, then headed east outside the city, where I was immediately attacked by a bug catcher. Hardened from his recent exploits, AWESOME tackled his bug Pokemon into submission. Afterwards, AWESOME started glowing! Leaves sprouted from his bulb, and he appeared more seriously ready for action than ever.

Continuing on, we were attacked by a girl for looking her way. Trying to prevent us from from repeating the offense, she had her Pidgeys spray sand in our eyes. Blindly tackling in every direction, AWESOME managed to fend off the attackers. We stumbled back to the Pokemon Center to visit the emergency eyewash station.

On my return to the path, I was intercepted by a boy, who shouted an unusual proclamation: "Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!". Confounded by this, I stood deep in thought while AWESOME took care of his attacking Pokemon. Still in a daze, I stumbled down a hill, where I was attacked again-- for not wearing shorts! This youngster had a Spearow, which relentlessly tore into poor AWESOME with its terrible beak. Luckily, we made it away from these short-wearing bullies, and I healed AWESOME with a potion.

Making it past several more quarrellous children, I arrived at a conveniently-located Pokemon Center. After healing AWESOME, some strange man in there tried to sell me a fish. I just said NO, doubting his intentions, and promptly left to avoid trouble. I then headed into the nearby Mt. Moon. It seemed pretty dangerous inside, so I thought I'd look around for bit and scout things out, and return to the Pokemon Center to heal before I went much farther in. I fought off a couple of Pokemon trainers while I did so, along with some troublesome Zubats and hilariously-sprited Geodudes.

And then, lo and behold, I saw her: a lovely little Paras coveting a rare candy. She started attacking AWESOME, but I told him to hold back, hesitating to attack, as I did not want to injure her terribly. I decided to go ahead and throw a Pokeball without hurting the Paras first.. and was successful! The Paras stayed in the ball; perhaps she wanted to come along. I named her COCO, and grabbed the rare candy from the cave floor. I then exited Mt. Moon, wanting to train and get to know COCO near the safety of the Pokemon Center and away from pesky Zubats.

In the grass, COCO enjoyed fighting Pidgeys and sleeping under the influence of Jigglypuff song. She did not enjoy the aggressive Spearows. While helping his new friend, AWESOME learned how to release a poisonous powder into the air. Trying to imitate this feat, COCO discovered her ability to emit a paralyzing powder. Once I felt confident that COCO could take on those Zubats, I returned to Mt. Moon.

While wandering the cave, I was attacked by some dubious characters sporting whips and the letter 'R' emblazoned on their black uniforms. They claimed to be TEAM ROCKET, and were making a lot of fuss about some fossils that were apparently in the cave. While fighting them off, COCO learned to sap the strength of her opponents. I just wanted to get out of the cave, and I had to pick up one of those fossils just to clear the path to the way out.

Finally, I made it to Cerulean City. I went shopping, to the Pokemon Center, and then to the gym! After leading us through Mt. Moon, COCO was strong enough to take on the challengers within. After healing COCO, I returned to fight the gym's leader, Misty. COCO and AWESOME fought valiantly together, with COCO in the forefront, stunning Misty's starfish Pokemon and draining their strength. Triumphant, we left Cerulean Gym. Today was a good day-- no sign of FIRE at all!

Team:
    AWESOME (Ivysaur) Lvl. 24 Tackle, Poison Powder, Leech Seed, Vine Whip
    COCO (Paras) Lvl. 22 Scratch, Stun Spore, Leech Life

Anisa, I am loving these recaps, please keep them up. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back