• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2010
    Lorelie

I lead with No_Bull

Dewgong -Two Thunders took it down. Luckily it didn't rest up between
    Cloyster-Also fell to two Thunders since its special is horrid. Got haxed with Clamp though lasting 5 turns and did a lot of damage
    Slowbro-Switched to Marc to heal No_Bull. Ended up taking it out with Marc's Strength as it only wanted to stat boost up. Gotta love Gen 1 A.I.
    Jynx-Switched into Diane to Fire Blast her. Got two in before Diane went down to Two Critical Ice Punches in a row. Damn Hax. Donald finished it off with Hyper Fang
    Lapras-Switched back to No_Bull and took it down with two Thunders and a Body Slam

One Down. Healed up

Bruno

Lead with Diane

Onix-Both fell to a Surf from Diane
    Hitmonchan-Switched to Microsoft. Went down to one Psychic
    Hitmonlee-Got hit by a Jump Kick first that all most took me out. Finished it off with a Psychic
    Marchamp-Switched to Marc to heal up Microsoft but ended up taking it down with Marc and Strength again. He used Fissure 3 times in a row and it missed each time

That was much easier, Two Down. Healed up

Agatha

Lead with Microsoft

Gengar-Went down to three Psychics
    Golbat-Switched to In_Boots. Went down to two Thunderbolts
    Haunter-Switched back to Microsoft. Went down to two Psychics
    Arbok-Switched to Donald. Went down to a Dig and a Hyper Fang
    Gengar-Switched back to Microsoft. Went down to three Psychics after I got lucky with confusion and not hitting myself

Three Down. Healed up

Lance

Lead with In_Boots

Gyarados-Went down to two Thunderbolts
    Dragonair-Switched to No_Bull. Both went down to a Blizzard and a Body Slam
    Aerodactyl-Switched to Diane. Went down to two Surfs
    Dragonite-Switched back to No_Bull. Went down to a Blizzard and a Body Slam

Four Down only the Champion to go. Healed up

Blue

Lead with Diane

Pidgeot-Went down to two Rock Slides and a Dizzy Punch
    Alakazam-Switched to Marc to heal up Diane. Couldn't believe my luck when he again wouldn't attack Marc and just used Barrier. Took it down with Strength
    Rhydon-Switched to Donald. Took it down with Two Water Gun's
    Exeggutor-Switched to Diane. Got a Fire Blast in before it put me to sleep. Switched out to Donald and used Super Fang and two Hyper Fangs to take it out
    Gyarados-Switched out to In_Boots. Went down to two Thunderbolts
    Charizard-Switched out to Diane. Got it two Surfs before it took me down with Slash. Finished it off with two Water Guns from Donald

And that was that. I am the Champion of Kanto

Final Team

Donald level 52
    -Water Gun
    -Dig
    -Super Fang
    -Hyper Fang

Analysis: My first team member that was with me from beginning to end. Super Fang anything to get it to half HP then use whatever attack is most effective

In_Boots level 52
    -Bubblebeam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Slash
    -Pay Day

Analysis: M.V.P of the team. Its high speed meant it got critical hits left, right and centre. Bubblebolt combo meant that it could cover any Pokémon's weakness. Pay Day was only there as a filler to get poke dollars

Microsoft level 53
    -Double Edge
    -Thunder Wave
    -Psychic
    -Recover

Analysis: Psychic types where ultimate in Gen 1 so is always good to have a psychic attack on any team. Only thing that kept him from being more useful was Porygons horrid stats. Double Edge+Recover also worked well.

No_Bull level 53
    -Body Slam
    -Blizzard
    -Thunder
    -Earthquake

Analysis: Probably 2nd in the team's M.V.P running and would have won if I got it earlier. Ultimate mixed sweeper. Blizzard/Thunder combo can take care of most things. Body Slam gets STAB and can para-hax. Earthquake is just ultimate

Diane level 52
    -Rock Slide
    -Surf
    -Dizzy Punch
    -Fire Blast

Analysis: Useful mixed sweeper backed up with good stats. Could put a decent dent in most things

Marc level 52
    -Wrap
    -Supersonic
    -Strength
    -Submission

Analysis: L.V.P (except against Elite Four thanks to a bit of luck). Not helped out with bad stats and move pool

Next: Gold Version

Last edited:

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I'll try this.

Type: Grass
    Games: Blue, Silver, Emerald, Pearl. :}

Update 1:
    Bulbasaur - Saursisaus. Defeated Gary. Delivered the parcel. Trained, killed Gary. Defeated Brock. Bulbasaur evolved. Mt. Moon - Paras - Ommmmas. Stopped at Cerulean City.

Spr_1b_046.png
    Ommmmas - Lv. 15
    Scratch - Stun Spore

Spr_1b_002.png
    Saursisaus - Lv. 22
    Tackle - Poisonpower - Leech Seed - Vine Whip

EDIT:
    Update 2:
    Trained more, Defeated Gary again (HE'S ALWAYS THERE). Got the 2nd badge from Misty. Caught a Bellsprout - Sprooty. Trained more. SS Ticket. Bellsprout evolved. Traveled to Vermilion City. Paras evolved on the ship. Made Parasect learn Cut. Went to Lt Surge and SPENT FOREVER ON THE STUPID PUZZLE, defeated him. I love Ommmmas <3

Spr_1b_002.png
    Saursisaus - Lv. 27
    Tackle - Poisonpower - Leech Seed - Vine Whip
    Spr_1b_070.png
    Sprooty - Lv. 26
    Vine Whip - Growth - Wrap - Sleep Powder
    Spr_1b_047.png
    Ommmmas - Lv. 27
    Scratch - Stun Spore - Leech Life - Cut

Last edited:

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
  • huh looks like I forgot to update my progress, guess I shall recapp everything I've done since my last post

update for Blue Version, Fire type:
    -Cleared Rocket out of that Ghost tower
    -Sent those Snorlax packing back to to the Mountains
    -Cleared out both routes headfing to Fusha of any pesky trainers
    -Got my 5th Badge
    -Went into the safari zone to grab the teeth and surf, also cought a Nidorina to evolve and teach it too
    -Gave the teeth to the guy, got Strengh, taught it to my slave or a Nidoqueen
    -Surfed down to the seafoam islands and kicked Articuno out
    -Headed over to Cinnabar, went into the Mansion and caught the final two fire Pokemon available to me, Magmar and Ponyta. Named Arson and Epona.
    -With the power of a freshly caught flying slave pidgy I headed back to Saffron and once again cleared Team Rocket out of another Building
    -Got my 6th Badge
    -Went back to Cinnabar, cleared the Mansion and then got my 7th Badge
    -Got my 8th Badge
    Saved sitting in the entrance of Victory Road.

Party:
    Charizard/Sir Newton LV 52
    -Slash
    -Earthquake
    -Flamethrower
    -Rage
    Ninetails/Kitsune LV 48
    -Flamethrower
    -Confuse Ray
    -Quick Attack
    -Dig
    Flareon/Flae LV 48
    -Bite
    -Ember
    -Body Slam
    -Fire Spin
    Rapidash/Epona LV 48
    -Ember
    -Take Down
    -Stomp
    -Fire Spin
    Magmar/Arson LV 48
    -Ember
    -Fire Punch
    -Psychic
    -Confuse Ray
    Slaves:
    Sandshrew/CUT
    -Cut
    NidoQueen/Powersurf
    -Surf
    -Strengh
    Pidgey/FLY
    -Fly

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    Update 3:
    Made my way through Diglett's Cave and the Rock Tunnel (in the dark) ;D
    Traveled through some forgotten Routes, Ivysaur evolved.
    Got to Celadon City and bought looooads of crap, then felt sad because Eevee is unnecessary to me right now.
    Fought Erika and won. 4th badge. Stopped right before the Team Rocket crap.
    Spr_1b_070.png
    Sprooty - Lv. 33
    Vine Whip - Growth - Acid - Sleep Powder

Spr_1b_047.png
    Ommmmas - Lv. 33
    Scratch - Spore - Leech Life - Cut

Spr_1b_003.png
    Saursisaus - Lv. 33
    Tackle - Poisonpower - Leech Seed - Razor Leaf

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    - Made it through Victory Road.
    - Beat the Elite 4.

The first guy wasn't so bad, normal effective moves were good enough for the most part. Schmaving was able to take the 2nd one down by itself using Shadow Ball.

The third was quite tough. Sapropel's Flamethrower and Thunderbolt are barely doing anything by this point. Won thanks to items and luck.

The fourth guy's entire team was either one or two shotted by Brigand's Ice Beam.
    Then there was the Champion. Not knowing what to expect the first time, I led with Sapropel. I got all 3 Acid Armors in right away. When his Wailord has about half down, he switched into Wishcash. This was the single longest battle I've ever had. He kept using Surf, which would 3 hit me, so I only ever managed to get in 1 Sludge before I had to use a Hyper Potion. Eventually the guy ran out of surf and was reduced to Hyper Beam and Earthquake, which barely scratched my Muk. I finally managed to chip away at its health 3 times until he gave up and let it faint. The rest of his pokemon were quite easy, except for that last Milotic. It was essentially a repeat of the Wishcash battle, except thankfully I could Paralyze it, which was a godsend because it has Recover. I finally got lucky enough for it to keep getting paralyzed at low health when he was out of Full Restores, and managed to win.
    Platinum next.

Final Team

emespr269.png
    | CODEINE | Level 40 | Shield Dust | m
    Moonlight
    Psychic
    Toxic
    Silverwind

emespr073.png
    | BRIGAND | Level 47 | Clear Body | f | Mystic Water
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Thief
    Acid

emespr169.png
    | SCHMAVING | Level 47 | Inner Focus |
    m
    Fly
    Air Cutter
    Shadow Ball
    Bite

emespr089.png
    | SAPROPEL | Level 51 | Stench |
    f
    Thunderbolt
    Sludge Bomb
    Acid Armor
    Flamethrower

Slaves

emespr252.png
    | COLOGNE | Level 15 | Overgrow | m
    Strength
    Rock Smash
    Absorb
    Cut

emespr319.png
    | SHARPEDO | Level 30 | Rough Skin | f
    Dive
    Waterfall
    Crunch
    Screech

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    Update 4: (sorry for the frequency)

-Silph Co crap. Sabrina badge. Trained. Koga badge. Exeggcute. Training. Leaf Stone #1 & 2. Strength and Surf. Flying. Anti-catch-birds. Stopped at the entrance of Seafoam Islands.

Spr_1b_047.png
    Ommmmas - Lv. 48
    Mega Drain - Spore - Slash - Cut

Spr_1b_003.png
    Saursisaus - Lv. 50

Spr_1b_071.png
    Sprooty - Lv. 47
    Razor Leaf - Slam- Acid - Sleep Powder

Spr_1b_103.png
    Ughhhhh - Lv. 46
    PoisonPowder - Hypnosis - Reflect - Solarbeam

HM Mule:
    Spr_1b_131.png
    :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2010
    Johto

-Started game on Gold
    -Named myself Gold
    -Got Pokegear from Mum
    -Chose Chikorita as my starter for a cut slave. Named it Slave
    -Got Potion from aide
    -Went to Cherrygrove and got map card from old man
    -Headed to Mr Pokemon's house and got Pokemon egg and Pokedex from Oak
    -Got a call from Elm to come back to his lab
    -Fought ??? and his Cyndiquil and won
    -Called ??? Silver and gave egg to Elm
    -Got 5 poke balls from aide and told Mum to save my money and then headed back towards Cherrygrove City
    -Caught a level 2 Sentret. Called it Badrang
    -Grinded Badrang to level 6
    -Made my way to Violet City battling all the trainers along the way. Badrang grew to level 10
    -Completed Sprout Tower and got HM Flash. Badrang grew to level 14
    -Decided to challenge Falkner
    -Beat Falkner and got the Zephyr Badge and TM Mud Slap. Badrang grew to level 15 and evolved into Furret

Team

Badrang level 15
    -Tackle
    -Defence Curl
    -Quick Attack

Slave level 10
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Razor Leaf

-Taught Badrang Mud Slap to take care of rock/ghost pokemon
    -Got egg of Elm's aid
    -Headed to Dark Cave and spent the best part of 2 hours looking for a Dunsparce
    -Finally found one at level 4 and caught it. Called it Tsuchinoko
    -Grinded Tsuchinoko to level 10
    -Headed to Union Tunnel via Route 32 beating all the trainers along the way
    -Completed Union Tunnel and made it to Azalea Town beating all the trainers
    -Went and saw Kurt and saved the Slowpoke form Team Rocket at Slowpoke's Well
    -Went and challenged Bugsy
    -Beat Bugsy with Tsuchinoko and Rage
    -Got Hive Badge and TM Fury Cutter

Team

Badrang level 20
    -Fury Swipes
    -Defence Curl
    -Quick Attack
    -Mud Slap

Tsuchinoko Level 20
    -Rage
    -Defence Curl
    -Glare
    -Spite

Slave level 10
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Razor Leaf

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • woooo just pwned the E4 on red on my first try
    done with electric mono in kanto onto johto, gonna use ss

my freaks:
    rbspr026.png

freaknasty lvl 48
    -thunder
    -toxic
    -t-wave
    -mega punch

rbspr082.png

freakmag lvl 44
    -sonicboom
    -thundershock
    -supersonic
    -t-wave

rbspr101.png

freaknik lvl 48
    -thunderbolt
    -sonicboom
    -explosion
    -light screen

rbspr125.png

freakbusi lvl 52
    -thunderpunch
    -submission
    -psychic
    -reflect

rbspr135.png

freaknizz lvl 48
    -thundershock
    -double kick
    -twave
    -reflect

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • I would like to try out the Ultimate Mono-Type Challenge with the Dark Type! I'm going to start over with my Soul Silver, to start the challenge, and then onward because I have no access to the RBY or FR/LG. I also only have Soul Silver! So... I'm sure you get the point. Joining after I transfer my Pokes into my Platinum. :D and then starting in Hoenn, then Sinnoh

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Anisa, I am loving these recaps, please keep them up. :)
    Thanks, I'm glad you are enjoying them :)
    ---
    After a few preparations, we headed north from Cerulean City. I saw someone approaching from across a bridge; my heart sank when I realized it was FIRE. He made fun of me, then attacked.

First out was his Pidgeotto. COCO managed to stun and scratch him out a bit, but then she was blinded by his sand attack. AWESOME took over so that COCO could recover her eyesight, and finished off the paralyzed bird. Then, FIRE sent out an Abra. The Abra tried to teleport away but failed, allowing COCO to strike without taking injury, and recover her health. COCO then bravely battled FIRE's Rattata.

Finally, FIRE sent out his Charmander. This was the moment I was fearing. As the battle went on, I was puzzled. Why wasn't FIRE telling his Charmander to attack with with fire? Because of this, COCO was able to subdue his last Pokemon. Was he going easy on me? Did he finally want to be my friend? I let him walk away from the fight. As he left, back towards town, he even offered me some advice. Just when I thought he was trying to be nice though, he made a remark about my smell. At least I didn't get knocked senseless this time.

We fought our way through five trainers going across the bridge. After the last battle, COCO started to glow! The mushroom on her back grew, dwarfing the rest of her body. I wasn't sure what to think, but I hoped this was a good sign. Shortly after, a man at the end tried to intimidate me into joining Team Rocket. I refused and he attacked, but COCO seemed stronger than ever; he had no chance.

I wandered over into a grass patch to have a look around. Before long, I happened upon a wild Oddish! She had a big grin on her face, and won me over instantly. I had to have this Pokemon! She began attacking immediately with an energy-absorbing attack. Not thinking she'd give up easily, I had COCO stun her and AWESOME carefully tackle her. One Pokeball later, and I had a new ally. I named her RECKLESS, and took her to the Pokemon Center to get healed up.

I trained RECKLESS west of Cerulean for some time, where she learned to make use of poisonous and paralyzing powders from AWESOME and COCO. Then I went back north and started fighting my way through a maze of trainers. After defeating a hiker's Geodude, RECKLESS started to glow; before I knew it, RECKLESS had sprouted a flower on her head... and started drooling. She seemed very happy about this though, so I continued on.

I then came across a sea cottage, so of course I walked in through the door. Inside I met BILL, who had been "combined" with a Pokemon during a freak accident! I helped him get back to normal, and he rewarded me with a cruise ticket. I took a shortcut back to town, and then wandered into a crime scene. The police officer there wasn't doing anything, so I defeated the thief, who was still standing outside the house he had robbed. I retrieved the stolen TM, and since the rightful owners decided they didn't want it anymore, I used it to teach COCO how to dig holes. Then I took the underground path to Vermillion City.

In Vermillion, I wandered from house to house to find people to talk to. Some little girl wanted a Spearow, so I went and caught her one as she appeared housebound and unable to go for a ten minute walk outside town to get one herself. She insisted on giving me a Farfetch'd named DUX in return. I had no clue what to do with this bird, but I could hardly abandon him, endearing as he was, swinging around a leek trying to be an amazing and beautfiful grass Pokemon. So I brought him along.

In another building I went into, I met a man very much in love with his Rapidash. I listened to him for hours, and when the sun began to set, he gave me a bike voucher and sent me on my way. I tried to visit the local Pokemon gym, but there was a small shrub in the way. Exhausted, I decided to take a well-deserved cruise.

On the S.S. Anne, it seemed that half the ship was in a foul mood. I kept wandering into other people's rooms while looking for my own and getting attacked by the occupants. Some gentlemen with fire Pokemon were particularly troublesome. In one room, I found a TM and used it to teach AWESOME how to body slam when nobody was looking.

Since I couldn't find my room, I had to leave the ship a few times to let my Pokemon recover; luckily the ship didn't leave without me. After fighting a gaggle of strong Pokemon, I was about to make such a trip. On may way out, who should appear but FIRE! He started bragging and then attacked me and my already weakened Pokemon. Desperate, I tried to tend to my Pokemon's injuries while simultaneously having them fight. Despite the poor start though, my team was making a strong effort. Just as RECKLESS became too exhausted to use her absorb attack anymore, she learned how to shoot acid. After his first three Pokemon were defeated, FIRE sent out his last Pokemon, Charmeleon. But this time I was prepared! COCO took a bad burn, but used her digging skills to land the final blow. Unfortunately though, we were on a ship, and it took damage from this maneuver.

I rushed past FIRE to tell the captain that the ship had a fresh hole in it. He was sea-sick, so naturally, I rubbed his back to make him feel better. But we were running out of time! All he wanted to talk about was some HM though. I took it from him, but he still wouldn't listen, so I ran off of the ship. The second I stepped off, the ship began to leave the harbour. I had a sinking feeling in my stomach. As I watched it set sail, I wondered if I'd ever see the S.S. Anne in port again.

On the bright side though, I could now get past that shrub! I taught DUX how to cut down pesky foliage with my new HM, and he was very happy that I let him do something. We were ready to take the gym by storm, but were delayed digging through the garbage looking for self-relocating switches. Eventually, we made it to Lt. Surge. Digging with finesse, COCO single-handedly took out his Pokemon. We had earned our THUNDERBADGE!

Team:
    AWESOME (Ivysaur) Lvl. 26 Body Slam, Poison Powder, Leech Seed, Vine Whip
    COCO (Parasect) Lvl. 29 Scratch, Stun Spore, Leech Life, Dig
    RECKLESS (Gloom) Lvl. 28 Absorb, Acid, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder

Third Wheels:
    DUX (Farfetch'd) - Cut, etc.

Last edited:

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    -Reached Celedon, got fly, taught it to Pidgey
    -Beat Erika with little trouble
    -Beat Team Rocket, again with little trouble
    -Went to Pokemon Tower and managed to sweep them all
    -Cleared Bicycle Road
    -Caught Exeggcute in the Safari Zone and taught him Psychic, (then evolved him)
    -Beat Koga with Exeggutor, but got KOd by leech life and had to finish it off with Kadabra
    -Got a Super Rod
    -Caught a Staryu and Evolved it
    -Currently in Sliph CO

Digimon
    gby064.gif

(Level 44 Kadabra)
    Reflect
    Recover
    Thunder Wave
    Psychic

Egg Man
    gby103.gif

(Level 35 Exeggutor)
    Psychic
    Hypnosis
    Reflect
    Egg Bomb

Spinner
    gby121.gif

(Level 34 Starmie)
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Tri Attack
    Water Gun

Miles
    gby122.gif

(Level 43 Mr. Mime)
    Confusion
    Barrier
    Light Screen
    Thunderbolt

Slaves
    gby025.gif

Flash

gby016.gif

Fly

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • Update 1:
    So, since this is my first update, I'll tell you my planned team, my team so far, and then my progress.

Planned Team:

Black Ace|Sneasel/Weavile
    Moveset:
    ~Brick Break
    ~Aerial Ace
    ~Pursuit
    ~Surf(Night Slash if I can get my hands on a razor claw and evolve)

Misfortunate|Murkrow/Honchkrow
    Moveset:
    ~Fly
    ~Night Slash
    ~Pursuit
    ~Aerial Ace

Luna/Astra|Umbreon
    Moveset:
    ~Toxic
    ~Return
    ~Natural Gift(Always will be holding a berry)
    ~Protect

Mr. Krabs|Crawdaunt
    Moveset:
    ~Crab Hammer
    ~Waterfall
    ~Aerial Ace
    ~Crunch

Rex/Ikaros|Tyranitar
    ~Earthquake
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Crunch
    ~Fire Fang/Fire Punch

Slaves:
    Totodile

Current Team:

Black Ace [Egg]

Totodile

Progress
    -Started Game
    -Completed Prof. Elm's request
    -Arrived in Violet City
    -Hatched Sneasel Egg [Black Ace] in Sprout Tower
    -Completed Sprout Tower
    -Went to the Gym at Violet City
    -Battled all the trainers for experience on Black Ace
    -Beat the Gym Leader, Falkner
    -Started towards Azalea Town

END UPDATE

Last edited:

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    Update 5: Finally got through the Seafoam islands. Cinnabar, mansion, gym. Caught Tangela and Spearow (muleyyy). Training foreverrrr. Flew up to Viridian, kicked some Giovanni arse, and then made my way over to the giant room and and Victory Road (GRRR) and beat the E4 with like 3 tries xD Gary was really what stomped me. But here's my final team:

Spr_1b_071.png
    Sprooty - Lv. 63
    Razor Leaf - Slam- Acid - Sleep Powder
    Spr_1b_047.png
    Ommmmas - Lv. 57
    Mega Drain - Spore - Body Slam - Cut
    Spr_1b_003.png
    Saursisaus - Lv. 59
    Spr_1b_103.png
    Ughhhhh - Lv. 57
    PoisonPowder - Psywave - Take Down - Solarbeam
    Spr_1b_114.png
    Tanga Lou - Lv. 56
    Skull Bash - Slam - Absorb - Toxic

Mules:
    Spr_1b_131.png
    Strength - Surf
    Spr_1b_021.png
    Fly

Then started Silver:
    Started the basics. Named my Chikorita Cyndaquil :P Got my 1st badge. Etc. All that crap.

Spr_2s_153.png
    Cyndaquil Lv. 18
    Tackle - Poisonpower - Razor Lead - Reflect
    Spr_2s_069.png
    Sprooty II Lv. 20
    Vine Whip - Growth - Wrap - Poisonpower

:]

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    - Started Platinum. This is also my first time going through a Gen IV game.
    - Got a Chimchar, named it POLIO.
    - Manged to sit through all of that beginning crap.
    - Beat the Rival.
    - Polio evolved.
    - Caught a Budew, named it CHRONIC.
    - Beat the first gym leader. Budew easily took out everything in the gym with Absorb and Mega Drain.
    - Caught a Golbat, named it PEZ.

Team

406.png
    | CHRONIC | Level 16 | Poison Point | m
    Mega Drain
    Growth
    Water Spout
    Stun Spore

42.png
    | PEZ | Level 10 | Inner Focus |
    m
    Astonish
    Supersonic
    Screech
    Leech Life

Slave

391.png
    | POLIO | Level 15 | Blaze |
    m
    Rock Smash
    Ember
    Taunt
    Scratch

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • Update 2:
    Well, since this is the second update,and I've played up until before the battle with Morty, here are all the details.

-Headed through Union Cave without any problems.
    -Arrived in Azalea Town
    -Swept through Slowpoke Well
    -Taught Black Ace (Sneasel)
    -Destroyed my Rival with a lone Black Ace
    -Destroyed Bugsy's Scyther and breezed through the rest with Aerial Ace
    -Caught both Farfetch'd
    -Taught Headbutt to Totodile (Rii) AKA an HM Slave
    -Arrived in Goldenrod City
    -Destroyed the Radio Card Quiz and Whitney's Miltank on the first try. Take that annoying cow! Brick Break led me through the whole thing
    -Arrived in Ecruteak and utterly destroyed the Rocket Grunt
    -Taught Surf to the HM Slave
    -Healed up
    -Found Morty and Eusine in the Burned Tower
    -Destroyed my rival again
    -Released the hounds!
    -Time for Morty's Battle! I've recorded it and narrated it. It'll be on YouTube soon.
    -Arrived in Olivine
    -Finished the Amphy Quest
    -Beat Chuck in the process of returning from the Amphy Quest
    -Destroyed Eusine with my utterly over leveled Sneasel
    -Three tries to destroy Jasmine's Steelix, none worked. Putting down the DS for the night.

Current Team:

Black Ace|Sneasel
    Moveset:
    Aerial Ace
    Leer
    Brick Break
    Icy Wind(OH GOD WHY WOULD ANYBODY WANT THIS MOVE ON SNEASEL?)

Rii|Totodile for HM Slave

Togepi|Togepi for HM Slave

END UPDATE

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • There we go, all updated! ^_^

Congrats to rew_s11 and Charmageddon for becoming the most recent champions! :D

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • well then. I'm doing the ultimate monotype challenge in all the types. don't think anyone has done this yet. i already have water under my belt, and i've done half of ghost (red and sapphire) so let's finish that one up. here's my progress for the ones i have done so far:

Red Ghost Monotype:
    Spoiler:

So now I'm on GSC and using Ghosts. Here I come, Gastly.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Huge update.

- Got to the town with all the flowers 'n whatnot.
    - Did the Valley Windworks stuff.
    - Got through the forest. Gave the Soothe Bell to CHRONIC.
    - Beat the 2nd gym. PEZ one or two shotted nearly everything in it with Wing Attack.
    - Taught Grass Knot to CHRONIC.
    - Beat the Team Galactic commander inside of that building. Her second Pokemon was quite damn annoying.
    - Got the Bicycle.
    - Got to the town with the 3rd gym.
    - Beat the 3rd gym. PEZ was great again, took out most things with Bite in a few hits.
    - Beat the Rival. Nothing special.
    - Got to the next gym town eventually.
    - CHRONIC evolved into a Roselia finally.
    - Beat the 4th gym. Again, PEZ managed most of it with Wing Attack/Air Cutter.
    - Taught Fly to PEZ.
    - PEZ evolved into Crobat.
    - Got to the next town again. Caught a Skorupi in the Safari Zone knockoff. Named it GLOOMTAIL because it quite reminds me of something from Paper Mario.
    - Caught a Croagunk, named it BETHH?
    - Beat the Rival for the 19th time.
    - Got a Heart Scale from that one guy in the cowboy-esque town.
    - Taught Cross Poison to PEZ from the move tutor.
    - Beat the 5th gym. CHRONIC and BETHH? both did really well here, with CHRONIC being grass and BETHH? being immune to water attacks completely.
    - Chased down that Team Galactic member.

Team

315m.png
    | CHRONIC | +Sooth Bell | Level 35 | Poison Point | m
    Mega Drain
    Grass Knot
    Stun Spore
    Ingrain

169m.png
    | PEZ | +Poison Barb | Level 35 | Inner Focus |
    m
    Cross Poison
    Air Cutter
    Fly
    Bite

451m.png
    | GLOOMTAIL | Level 29 | Sniper |
    f
    Pin Missile
    Acupressure
    Scary Face
    Toxic Spikes

453m.png
    | BETHH? | +Fist Plate | Level 26 | Dry Skin | f
    Pursuit
    Faint Attack
    Revenge
    Swagger

Slave

391.png
    | POLIO | Level 19 | Blaze |
    m
    Rock Smash
    Ember
    Taunt
    Scratch

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • Ben's Monotype Challenge: R/B/Y

So, I have started again, this time with Psychic!

This time I shall try and compelete it!
    I will have a CSS layout for updates after every gym.

That's all for now

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back