• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Down with the darkness

Pretty freakin' awseome!
Years
Ok your really going to think I'm adicted, but I just Hoenn elite four. it took at least ten runs, Wally and the Hoenn elites were horribly tenacious. But I managed to beat 'em before Alakazam managed to move me to Hoenn. My team this time:

Tentacruel: Fighter, Swalot: Gatekeeper, Seviper: Rogue, Crobat: Archer, Dustox: Mourner, Roselia: Sorceress

Hoenn region MVP: Warrior (Tentarcruel): Warrior was hands down the master. It trashed the elite four, near single handed. He was actualy the last addition to my team, but easily held it's own. It's bulk and power finalized it's place as MVP.

PS: Wyyrlokk, I don't get very much sleep when my mind is set on something. And also, I'll post updates on sinnoh. (I tried at the start of Kanto, but fell behind and gave up)

Elite four cards: (sorry Hoenn card is poor)

PoisonHallofFameKanto-1.png
PoisonHallofFameJohto.png
PoisonHallofFameHoenn.png

Last edited:

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
Years
sorry about not updating much lately but beaten last johto gym and headed to E4, my team has:

TOGETIC LV 35

NECTOWL LV 35

RED GYARADOS LV 35

FEAROW LV 35

GOLBAT LV 35

DRAGONTINI LV 15

Ok.... that was easy I don't even have a Lv 40 but i beat the E4, My team:

DRAGONAIR LV 33, nectowl lv 37, fearow lv 37, gyarados lv 37, togetic lv 38 and golbat lv 39

Last edited:
Years
Just started the Johto leg of my flying monotype challenge recently and caught a pidgey and a zubat, and i am currently grinding my zubat at the ruins of alph, until he is a decent level

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
sorry about not updating much lately but beaten last johto gym and headed to E4, my team has:

TOGETIC LV 35

NECTOWL LV 35

RED GYARADOS LV 35

FEAROW LV 35

GOLBAT LV 35

DRAGONTINI LV 15

Ok.... that was easy I don't even have a Lv 40 but i beat the E4, My team:

DRAGONAIR LV 33, nectowl lv 37, fearow lv 37, gyarados lv 37, togetic lv 38 and golbat lv 39

Okay, I guess you aren't reading the thread, poke'boy....so I'm telling you a third time, and I am PM'ing you as well.

You must go through each game with the same type, not a different type with each game.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
update:

PCForums:Chaos what did you do today?
Chaos:I did....
-I went past the Forest skipping most/all the trainers2
-I planed to skip the trainers on the next route but i was careless
-Ibeat roxanne with my Mudkips
-Mudkips evolved
-Skipped all trainers on the upper route exept the machop trainer and 1 young boy
-Said "no" to mays offer to battle
-Went to dewford
-Captured aron and named him "iMetal"
-Currently battleing the trainers i skipped

TEAM

iMetal lvl 11
Tackle
Headbutt
Mudslap
Growl (i think it was growl)

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Today, just a few minures ago, I won against Cynthia, Champion of Sinnoh Pokemon League, which means that I finish the Psycho Monotype Challenge!

I'll post the final update of my journey through the Platinum Edition in a few hours, but anyway, I'll claim my title as a Champion right now.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
My first thoughts after starting Platinum… "Well, at last a character who doesn't look like ten!" And my first thoughts while writing this: "I really will short this as much as possible… because nobody will read it anyway." xD
Therefore, and because I'm tired from writing this long updates, you will get only something little this time. There will come another update for Emeralds Battle frontier and one for Sinnohs Battle frontier anyway…

Platinum was fun. It definitely is one of the best editions ever, maybe even shared the first position with Emerald. The Elite Four is as hard as never before and caused me much trouble – even more than Karen on the Gold Edition. I won against all of them with the tactic from Emerald – Calm Mind and Double Team with Gardevoir. That was my best Pokemon again, winning the important battles. But this time she didn't dominate as brutal as in Emerald – she didn't defeat a single gym leader on her own. Maleval – who evolved into Alakazam before I challenged the E4 – took out at least the first three without any help.
Well, well… so many great new things I could talk about. The twisted Distortion World of Giratina, the fact that Cynthia and Cyrus both had more important roles this time, the speech of Cyrus at the headquarter, the moving sprites… all that things together made Platinum not only far better than D/P, but also to the best of all games so far – as I mentioned, together with Emerald.
And I'm looking forward to see what will happen now, after I won against the E4.

So that's it. The Challenge is over.
…Or isn't it? There's always something to do… as I promised (to myself), there will follow two updates about the battle frontiers, and an analysis about the Psychic Pokemon I used. If Zammy allows that, of course.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Congrats on getting to the end, Wyyrlokk! Now I've go put you right between Cynthia and Sabrina! :D

And of course, your analysis is welcome. I'd be interested in taking a look at it as well. ^^

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
Seriously...i got my message deleted for "advertising" when it was for this? xD whatever...

dookie1995

Slakoths Older Brother
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 18, 2012
Elite Four? Beaten.

Captian's Log; Day Eleven
Current Region: Kanto
Current Game: Blue Version
Trainer Name: Gary

GLENN
Level 52 Lapras
-Ice Beam
-Body Slam
-Thunderbolt
-Surf

ALFADOR
Level 48 Dewgong
-Heatbutt
-Rest
-Surf
-Aurora Beam

LOLA
Level 52 Jynx
-Ice Punch
-Lovely Kiss
-Psychic
-Thrash

CHRONO
Level 46 Cloyster
-Tackle
-Clamp
-Surf
-Aurora Beam

In this episode:
Destroyed Koga
Beat Blaine
Beat Boss Rocket [Pathetic as usual]
Defeated Ash
Became Elite Four Champ

See you in Johto!

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
Ok, so it's been a while since the last time I posted, because I got a little tired of playing. Nevertheless, I recently started up again. (I'm doing Fire-types in Emerald)

First, I made it to Fortree City, had a little chat with Steven, obtained the Devon Scope, and beat Winona. Yea, she was a wee bit tough, but it wasn't the hardest match I've ever had. So, I moved on to Lilycove, had some fun with a couple contests. My Magcargo actually won a beauty contest, haha. It didn't stand a chance in Super Rank, though. After that, I had fun with Team Aqua stealing the submarine and Team Magma awakening Groudon and all that. When I could finally move on to Mossdeep, I realized that my Fire-Pokémon wouldn't be all that great out on the big ocean, so I trained like a maniac to get them all up to level 50 or above. Then I easily and quickly made it to Mossdeep, where I beat Tate & Liza without much trouble. They destroyed my Blaziken with an Earthquake, so I battled on with Torkoal and Magcargo against Solrock and Lunatone. It seemed a bit hopeless until Solrock was stupid enough to use Sunny Day, which gave me exactly the boost I needed to destroy them with a few Flamethrowers. So, this is where I am now, with the following team:

Blaziken, Lv. 52
Blaze Kick
Slash
Double Kick
Cut

Torkoal, Lv. 50
Flamethrower
Strength
Heat Wave
Body Slam

Camerupt, Lv. 50
Ember
Eruption
Earthquake
Magnitude

Magcargo, Lv. 50
Flamethrower
Secret Power
Rock Slide
Sunny Day

HM Slaves

Pelipper (Fly, Surf)
Kecleon (Rock Smash)

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
Years
If I can still sign up for this, I'd like to do this challenge using fighting pokemon. (starting with Yellow)

Last edited:

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
Alright, I've been really bored today, so I've been playing Emerald all day, and now I stand before the Pokémon Leauge. here's an update on what happened since last time. (I'm doing Fire-types in Emerald)

After defeating Tate & Liza, I went to the Space Center, where I fought Team Magma alongside Steven and his hopeless Metagross. (No offence, but seriously - My Blaziken did all the battling, Metagross just kept using Barrier!) Afterwards, I went through all that Team Aqua-trouble with awakening Kyogre. Then the weather went completely insane, and I went to Sootopolis City, where I found Kyogre and Groudon in fierce battle. Steven asked me to come with him, and I followed him to a cave, which he asked me to enter. In there, I found Wallace, who told me about Rayquaza, and I suggested it might be at the Sky Pillar. After awakening Rayquaza and calming down Kyogre and Groudon again, I grinded a little bit before challenging the final gym. I made sure to beat all the trainers on the lower floor before facing Juan, because I figured my Fire-Pokémon could use the training. Juan's first few Pokémon were pretty much piece of cake, but his Kingdra was a tough one. He kept on using Full Restore, and Kingdra used Double Team a bunch of times, so hardly any of my attacks landed. Anyway, Torkoal was lucky enough to hit it with Body Slam a few times, while it was asleep, having used Rest.

Having defeated Juan, I quickly surfed to Ever Grande City, headed for the Pokémon Leauge. For one short moment, I had actually forgotten about Victory Road. (*sigh*) So I grinded my Blaziken up to level 60, and then I grinded my other Pokémon to a decent level. And then I went inside the cave. I got pretty lost, to be honest. I couldn't figure out where to go at all, and my Magcargo fainted a couple of times. The hardest battle in there was a double battle between two Cool Trainers, who both had a Claydol. And I ****ing loathe Claydol and it constantly using Earthquake, which my precious Fire-Pokémon don't like. Anyway, my Magcargo used Sunny Day, and fainted the very next turn due to an Earthquake. But then I sent out Blaziken, who kicked their asses, so I could move on. Now, I'm finally out of that place, and here I stand before the Pokémon League with the following team:

emespr257.png

Blaziken, Lv. 60
Blaze Kick
Sky Uppercut
Double Kick
Cut

emespr324.png

Torkoal, Lv. 56
Flamethrower
Strength
Heat Wave
Hidden Power (Grass)

emespr323.png

Camerupt, lv. 55
Fissure
Eruption
Earthquake
Magnitude

emespr219.png

Magcargo, Lv. 52
Flamethrower
Secret Power
Rock Slide
Sunny Day

Current HM Slaves:
Ralts - Flash
Sharpedo - Waterfall, Rock Smash, Surf, Dive

---

I'll post another update, when I beat Wallace.

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
Years
1st Kanto Update:

* named character Jamm and rival Gary
* received Pikachu
* caught Mankey on rt. 22
* trekked through Viridian Forest arriving in Petwer where I defeated Brock
* defeated trainers along rt. 3 and through Mt. Moon
* fought Gary and trainers along Nugget Bridge/rt. 24/ rt. 25
* received Charmander from Damien
* received S.S. Anne ticket from Bill
* defeated Misty
* Mankey evolves after fight with Rocket
* received bike voucher from Pkmn Fan Club;received bike from bike shop
* defeated trainers/rival on S.S. Anne; received HM01

gby057.gif

Primeape
lv. 31
- scratch
- leer
- low kick
- karate chop

(Charmander in party in order to use Cut)

Now to take on Surge

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
Years
2nd Kanto Update:

* defeated Lt. Surge
* received Squirtle from Officer Jenny
* caught other pokemon near Pewter in order to get Flash from Prof. Oak's aid
* caught Machop in Rock Tunnel
* trained Machop along rt. 11
* trekked through Rock Tunnel where Machop evolved into Machoke
* defeated Rockets in game corner in Celadon
* defeated Erika
* saved Mr. Fuji in Lavender Town
* defeated trainers in Fighting Dojo and added Hitmonchan to my team
* obtained the super rod and added Poliwag to my team
* obtained Fly; removed Snorlax
* trained and evolved Poliwag
* defeated trainers along Cycling Road
* obtained Surf and Strength
* defeated Rockets and rival in Silph Co.(still arrogant despite being
rolled over every time....tisk tisk)
* defeated trainers along routes 14 & 15
* defeated Koga
* defeated Sabrina (thanks to Primeape w/ rockslide and the Abra line's
sucky defenses. lol, she never even harmed me)
* flew to Pallett and swam to Cinnabar instead of going through Seafoam
Islands
* defeated trainers in Cinnabar Mansion; obtained secret key
* defeated Blaine
* flew back to Viridian and took on the final gym

Now off to the League!

gby057.gif

Primeape
lv. 49
- thunderbolt
- seismic toss
- low kick