• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2021
okay i just started and just beat Brock

Pidgey lvl 12
Brave nature
Tackle
gust
sand-attack
Keen eye

Rattata lvl 14
Naive nature
tackle
quick attack
hyper fang
tail whip
Guts

this is easy and grinding for money and porygon

Pekin

Wigglytuff is and has always been on acid.
Years
2lizptv.jpg

I finally beat Wallace! Man, that guy was tough on my precious Fire-type Pokémon. Actually, I didn't even mean to enter the Pokémon League at this point, I was actually grinding like a maniac. But then I accidentally walked in there. And, obviously, there was no turning back - And I won!

But well, since the last time I posted, I've mainly been grinding the **** out of my Pokémon, and when I haven't, I've been defeated by either Drake or Wallace a bunch of times. So, I kept on grinding, until I accidentally entered the Pokémon League.

Sidney was a piece of cake, even the first time I tried.
Phoebe was a bit tough the first time. Her Dusclops kept using Eartquake, which I don't like! But after having grinded a bit, she got easier and easier.
Glacia was hilarious. Blaziken took out all her Ice-type Pokémon with Double Kick, except for the ones, Magcargo took out with Flamethrower.
Drake was tough. Once again, I found myself beaten by Earthquake countless times. Nevertheless, I managed to defeat him in the end.
Wallace.. What can I say? The guy was a genuine pain in the ass. His Wailord took out three of my Pokémon with Water Spout, before I could do a thing, leaving me with only Blaziken left. However, the last time I battled him, I was smart enough to put Blaziken first, so it could take Wailord out with Sky Uppercut, before it could get the time to take out my other Pokémon, because Blaziken is by far my fastest Pokémon.

My final team:

emespr257.png

Blaziken, Lv. 81
Holding King's Rock
- Blaze Kick
- Sky Uppercut
- Double Kick
- Fire Punch

emespr324.png

Torkoal, Lv. 80
Holding Lax Incense
- Flamethrower
- Strength
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power (Grass)

emespr323.png

Camerupt, Lv. 76
Holding Soft Sand
- Flamethrower
- Eruption
- Earthquake
- Magnitude

emespr219.png

Magcargo, Lv. 76
Holding Amulet Coin
- Flamethrower
- Body Slam
- Rock Slide
- Sunny Day

I finally found a working Platinum rom, so I've now started my final journey in this challenge. I've never even played any of the generation IV games before and I don't know anything about the Sinnoh region, so this oughta be fun.

Doing Fire-types, I obviously chose Chimchar as my starter, when this nice guy, Rowan, offered me a Pokémon. I later went to Sandgem Town to thank him for the Pokémon, where he asked me to fill out the Pokédex. (As if..) Some time ago, I arrived in Jubilife City, where I got my Pokétch. Now I'm on my way to the first gym, and my Chimchar even evolved a few minutes ago.

I'll post a proper update, when I beat the first gym leader. They should be better (Or perhaps even more interesting?) than my previous updates, cos' I don't know a thing about this region, so I don't really know what I'm supposed to do.

Last edited:

zZRaoto

rawr?
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2010
Eh. This is a lot easier than I thought.

Type Chose: Fire
Spoiler:

Ugh. This sucks. I'm getting some error saying "Saving Error. Please exchange Backup Memory." Or something to that effect...I guess I'm gonna have to go ahead with Pokemon Red....or Blue. *sigh*

Down with the darkness...I guess you'll definitely beat me. lulz

Remake:

Kanto: First Entry
Version: Blue
Type: Fire

Day 1
I started my journey off as all Pokemon Trainers do; telling some old guy my name and receiving a Pokemon. I chose Charmander and named him Kahn, a partner I would have to stick with for quite a while. That was one disadvantage of the type I chose...it's type is scarce; but then again I suppose I also have one of the greatest advantages at the same time.

I got through all the boring parts; kicking my rival'sass and delivering some parcel to Oak. I rushed through Viridian Town and made it to Viridian Forest where I literally destroyed some bug Pokemon....Okay not really.While battling some Weedle my little Kahn was poisoned.Turns out I passed up some Antidote and Kahn fainted. I was now back where I started: Pallet Town.

I made it back to Viridian Forest and after a bit of grinding through Bug Pokemon my little Kahn learned Ember and eventually rose to lv. 12. I decided to heal him at the Poke'Center in Pewter City. I didn't want to have to start all the way over back in Pallet Town again.

I now made my way to the Gym. I couldn't beat even the first trainer, so I constantly restarted until Kahn made it to Lv.14. I was now able to beat the first trainer and make my way to Brock. I managed to beat him without healing and Kahn grew to lv.16 and evolved.

It was now time for me to move on to Cerulean. I sped through the route between Mt. Moon and Pewter City and Kahn grew to Lv. 19 after destroying the trainers there. I healed up at the Poke'Center and preceeded on with my journey.

I went through Mt. Moon a bit quickly but man, those wild Pokemon were so annoying. It was like I couldn't walk 10 steps without them interupting me. But! It was destined...Traveling with 1 Pokemon and me being too stubborn to buy Potions, Kahn fainted and I had to go through that hell again. But I made it!
Kahn also gained a few levels and grew to Lv.23.

I was just one route away from Cerulaun now and was ready to own Misty....or...get owned. One Fire Type versus a whole gym full of Water types? Eh...seemed pretty tough but I decided to use Misty as my personal trainer for Kahn. After countless of battles against Misty I realized I wasn't getting much training in. He was now Lv.26 but it seemed as if that didn't make much of a difference, so I decided to conquer Nugget Bridge before I
went back to battling Misty. And what a surprise. My rival comes out of nowhere to own me but it was the other way around. He didn't stand a chance against my Kahn.

After beating my rival I decided to skip healing Kahn and just take on he Nugget Bridge. That was ezpz. I moved on, still refusing to heal. Kahn was now Lv.28, 8 levels away from evolving. Kahn fainted to an Onyx and I was back at Cerulean so I decided to try Misty once more. Kahn grew stronger. He was
now able to get Misty's Starme to less than half of it's hp before fainting.

I decided to go back past the Nugget Bridge to go ahead and get the boat ticket thing from Bill. After taking the shortcut back down to the city I decided to take on Misty again with my new Lv.30 Kahn and that was it. I kicked her ass and Kahn grew to Lv.31. I was now ready to move on but I then realized that I
was going to need an HM *****. I first pursued a Pidgey and a Rattata then headed to that place where that lightning dude is at....Yeah. I healed up and was ready to take on Lt. Surge until I realized I needed to use "Cut" to get to the gym. I searched around to find out where to get it but had no luck...I also
needed to get another Fire Pokemon...It was time for me to lurk the internet and end my first day of adventure here.....or I think I am.

Current Team:

34ffy46.png

Kahn/Charmeleon, Lv.33
>Scratch
>Slash
>Ember
>Leer

Sorry for such a long journal thing. I guess I should just post the main information and not all the small details. =P

------------------------------

Kanto: 2nd Entry

Log
-Wiped out some trainers east of whatever city Lt. Surge's gym is in.
-Boarded the S.S. Anne and destroyed all the trainers there. Kahn evolved into Charizard as well.
-Crushed my rival's Pokemon with ease.
-Helped the sick fag and got the HM: Cut.
-Kahn fainted and the worthless HM*****s failed.
-Deposited HM*****s and saught out a Bellsprout for none of the HM*****s I had could learn Cut. >.<
-Struggled to get Lt. Surge's door open so I searched for a guide. OMFG. I can't find out how to do it...I maybe stuck on this for a while.
-Finally got it open after 15 minutes. I made that punk pay for the hassle he put me through.
-Go through the blocked off route east of Cerulean. I decided to skip all the trainers from then on to save them for training for my next Pokemon. Kahn was already Lv.39.
-I decided to take a short break at the entrance of Rock Tunnel.

Current Team

n1tnhd.png

Kahn/Charizard, Lv.40
>Scratch
>Slash
>Ember
>Leer

Last edited:

Pekin

Years
Alright, time for an update!

2nd Sinnoh entry
Version: Platinum

Since the last time I posted, I've been to Oreburgh Town, (spelling?) where I got somewhat fascinated by the coal mine. Nevertheless, I found this Gym Leader, whose name I don't remember, and he returned to his gym, where Monferno kicked the **** out of him. Later, I captured a Ponyta on some route, where I couldn't get any further without a bicycle. But I was happy to have captured a Ponyta, anyway. So I started making my way to Eternia City, or whatever it's called. Turned out, I had to fight a whole bunch of Team Galactic grunts before I could go there. I fought someone named Mars, in an attempt to stop some sinister plan. Then I went through Eternia Forest, where this lady wanted to follow me, because she didn't dare to go alone. When I got to Eternia City, Team Galactic was everywhere. First thing I did, was to nail the gym. They didnt stand a chance against Monferno and Ponyta. Then, my buddy, Paul, wanted to show me this cool statue, where we met some weird Team Galactic-guy. On the way back, I met this woman, whose name I don't remember, but I'm pretty certain, she's the Pokémon League Champion of Sinnoh. Now I'm on my way to go underground, because it sounds wicked cool, and I just obtained this Explorer Kit-thingy.

My current team:

dpmfa391.png

Monferno, Lv. 27
Holding Quick Claw
- Feint
- Mach Punch
- Ember
- Flame Wheel

dpmfa077.png

Ponyta, Lv. 23
- Ember
- Flame Wheel
- Stomp
- Tackle

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2010
Hey!I have had second thoughts about Water type in Kanto.Can i please change to Psychic type in Sinnoh?

zZRaoto

rawr?
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2010
There's so much I do....I wouldn't dare skip not updating every bit of it. Perhaps I should cut down on updating every detail and just do it every once in a while with minimal details: Gyms I beat, Pokemon I captured, Current Team. I don't know...It's kind of fun keeping track of everything I do.

Day 2

Kanto: 3rd Entry

Log
-I entered into Rock Cave, not really knowing what to expect. And just my luck, it was dark and I didn't have Flash.
-After a few minutes of wandering through the (actually you able to see the border of the paths) maze, I made it out.
-I entered into Lavender Town and healed Kahn, now Lv.41.
-I went ahead and traveled to Route 7 to look for me my 2nd Fire Type Pokemon: Vulpix.....and I forgot to stock up on Poke'balls. Hehe.
-I bought 5 Great Balls at the Celadon Mart and 2 Fire Stones. I was thinking of maybe getting 2 Vulpix since Fire Pokemon were scarce.
-Find that little thing was hard the second go round, but I finally found one and one throw of a Greatball and he was captured; I nicknamed him Omnom.
-I decided to train Vulpix up to lv.30 before using the Fire Stone on him.
-He was no match for the wild Pokemon around Celadon yet. I had to train him off of Kan...which was annoying.
-I got Omnom to Lv.20 then got lazy so I decided to head back to Lavender Town and fight the trainers along the way.
-I looked up a movelist for Vulpix and realized that it actually learns Flamethrower at Lv.35. I was so pissed.
-I made it back to Lavender Town and went into the haunted thing to go save Mr. Fuji.
-Then I ran into my rival on the 2nd floor and I wooped him so hard, I think the Ghost Pokemon became scared of me. (Lame joke, I know.)
-After Omnom fainted fighting a Ghastly, I figured he could use a shape up at the Celadon Gym.
-I purposely fainted Kahn after Omnom fainted (I need that experience for him) and accidently crushed one of that lady's Grass Pokemon with Bellsprout...
-I decided to make Celadon's Gym Leader my personal trainer for Omnom as I did with Misty and Kahn. I deposited Kahn and left only my Hmslave and Omnom in the party.
-After Omnom fainted just fighting Victerebell I decided he needed a bit more training before moving with his advanced training with the Celadon Gym Leader. (Sorry for my lack of knowledge of this game. I'm too lazy to figure out the names of the people and stuff.)
-I noticed a lot of Team Rocket Grunts and decided to look around town; they would provide some extra training for Omnom. I eventually found where they were at in the Game Corner.
-I taught Dig to Omnom and he was able to wipe out most of the Team Rocket Members since most of them use Poison types.
-OMFG! I kept trying to faint Bellsprout, but he's so strong. I just used Vine Whip with a Lv.19 Bellsprout on a Lv.29 (I think) Ryhorn and it killed it in 1 hit.
-After Omnom fainted I decided to try out the gym once more.
-Once more...piece of crap Bellsprout. Stupid Erika's Vileplume didn't have any attacks that would "effect" Bellsprout so I had no choice but to beat her with it....and he evolved. Maybe I shouldn't use a grass type for my HMslave. By the way, Omnom learned Flamethrower. I guess I'll wait until he learns Firespin as well before I use the Fire Stone on him.
-I went back to the Game Corner to beat Giovanni and then headed back to Lavender Town now that I had the Silph Coph thing.
-I saved Mr. Fuji and he gave me a Poke'Flute. I decided to take a break here.

Current Team

k1ax4n.png

Omnom/Vulpix, Lv.38
>Ember
>Dig
>Quick Attack
>Flamethrower

n1tnhd.jpg

Kahn/Charizard, Lv.43
>Scratch
>Slash
>Ember
>Body Slam

HMslave(s)
iyew5x.png

>Cut

Pekin

Years
Here goes. Time for another update!

3rd Sinnoh entry
Version: Platinum

I've learned, that this whole "going underground"-thing is something I can't do, since I'm using an emulator. Nevertheless, I've moved on from Eternia City. For a while, I moved back and forth between towns, because I had no idea where to go. Anyhow, I managed to make my way to Hearthome City, where I was surprised to meet my Mom, and where I beat this creepy, French Gym Leader. Afterwards, I moved on to Solaceon Town, obtained the HM, Defog, taught it to one of my HM slaves, (Staravia) and grinded a bit to make Monferno evolve, while making my way to Veilstone City. Thanks to Bulbapedia, I knew that I was able to catch a Houndour at Route 214 at night. (It's about half past midnight here in Denmark, so it's not hard to guess, what I just did..) Ever since I started this challenge, I've wanted a Houndour on my team, so I obviously went to catch one before doing anything else in Veilstone City. Those damn dogs kept using Roar, so I went back to town, bought a bunch of Ultra Balls, and gave it another try. After having tried hard for about ten minutes, I finally caught myself a male Houndour at level 22. And now I'm gonna take a rest, seeing as I've got exams tomorrow, haha.

My current team:

dpmfa392.png

Infernape, Lv. 38
Holding Shell Bell
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Return
- Flame Wheel

dpffa077.png

Ponyta, Lv. 35
Holding Quick Claw
- Ember
- Flame Wheel
- Stomp
- Take Down

dpmfa228.png

Houndour, Lv. 22
- Smog
- Roar
- Bite
- Odor Sleuth

zZRaoto

rawr?
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2010
Kanto: 4th Entry

Log

-I started off at Mr. Fuji's house and ran to go fight Snorlax.
-I planned on heading to Fuschia City but I didn't have a Bike...so I had to go all the way back to Cerulean to get one. *sigh*
-Before I actually walked all the way back to Cerulean, I payed a visit to the girl in the hidden hut to get Fly and taught it to my slave: Pidgy.
-I then flew to Cerulean, got the bike, flew back to Celadon, baught some fresh water, and continued down the bike road to Fuschia and destroyed the trainers along the way.
-Before making it to Fuschia Omnom grew to Lv.42 and learned Fire Spin. That was the time for me to use the Fire Stone and he evolved into Ninetails. Yay!
-Kahn also learned Flamethrower.
-I arrived at Fuschia City and decided to pick up Surf before I take on the gym. But I ran out of time so I decided to do the gym first anyways.
-I bean Koga easily and decided I might as well just keep trying to get Surf...I wasn't going anywhere at this point.
-After a while I finally got to the secret house and obtained Surf.
-I captured a Goldeen so it can Surf me around. I also needed a Pokemon that can use Strenght...and possibly Cut and surf all together. I needed extra slots for the Magmar and Ponyta I was planning on getting on Cinnabar.
-I captured a load of Pokemon at the Safari to see which one could hold the most HMs....they were all useless.
-I surfed on Goldeen to Cinnabar and used Kahn to wipe out the swimmers; I was going to use Omnom to take out the gym.
-I accidently arrived at Seafoam Islands. Articuno was pretty useless to me...so I passed him up.
-It took me a while to realize that I have to Surf from Pallet Town to get to Cinnabar. Haha.
-I finally arrived on Cinnabar and my hunt for Magmar and Pontya began.
-Ponyta, check! I caught it and named it Horse. Now I just needed a Magmar.
-I found a Magmar but ran out of Poke'balls...It was at 1 hp too! Guess I need to carry a whole lot more. I bought 15 Great Balls and 10 Ultra Balls at the Cinnabar Mart.
-I then forgot my laptop was on and now it's super hot so I must end it here and continue later.

Current Team:

n1orvt.png

Horse/Ponyta, Lv.30
>Ember
>Tail Whip

24no8dz.png

Omnom/Ninetales, Lv.45
>Ember
>Dig
>Fire Spin
>Flamethrower

n1tnhd.jpg

Kahn/Charizard, Lv.53
>Flamethrower
>Slash
>Ember
>Body Slam

HMslave(s)
(none currently)

I wanted to be the first Fire challenger to beat the whole thing but since I got a late start I guess that won't happen...Unless I can push it through Johto and Hoenn in a week. I've beaten Sinnoh in less than 10 hours, that shouldn't be a problem...I just need to get out of Kanto and rush through this thing. I would try to finish it now but my laptop is overheating since I left it on. Well....Time to rest for a while. I should be done later on tonight.

Last edited:
Years
Current game: Crystal
Current region: Johto/Kanto
Current type: Flying

It has been a long while since an update on my progress through Johto soooo. . .

-grinded zubat at the ruins, then bellsprout tower
-wiped first gym with pidgey and zubat both level 12
-made it to azalea and proceeded to rid the town of team rocket and clean up the gym with my flying types
-traveled to goldenrod and got Kenya the level 10 spearow from the guard that wants you to give it to his buddy hehehehe
-grinded spearow and zubat and zubat evolved
-got mad that golbat would not evolve no matter how many items i used on him, or how many steps i took
-destroyed whitney with golbat
-traveled to Ecruteak, smoked rival and beat morty with golbat
-finally remembered that a pokemon grows happier quicker if it levels up in the place where you caught it at the time that you caught it and evolved golbat at level 33
-traveled to cianwood and beat chuck, got fly and taught it to Kenya
-flew back to Olivine and got beat up by jasmines magnemites, so i went out grinding on the sea routes between olivine and cianwood
-finally beat Jasmine
-traveled east of ecruteak to mohogany
-went to lake of rage and caught 4th member of my team ( leviathan welcome back :) ) (you can put two and two together)
-went back to mohagany to destroy Team Rocket, leveling up leviathan in the process
-beat price, wasn't as big a deal as i thought it would be
-traveled to blackthorn, and went south to retrieve my last member sandbug (Gligar)
-went back to goldenrod and showed team rocket no mercy with my new addition, sandbug took selfdestructs left and right and survived them :0
-challenged clair, and beat her, went to the dragon's den and won a dratini which i just left there
-made my way to New Bark Town and traveled East to the Elite Four and Victory Road
-Took on and defeated the 5 hardest battles so far
-Yesssss!!! done with Johto now to start on . . . wait. . . WHAT?!?. . . I have to beat RED!?!? DARN IT!!!!!
-Went on S.S. Aqua, and traveled to Kanto
-Beat Lt. Surge and his goons with Sandbug
-Went to Erica and showed her gym no mercy with my flying types
-Got machine part and currently on my way back to the power plant

My Team:

Diver (Pidgeot)-made a succesful return from Yellow
lv. 44
>quick attack
>sand attack
>wing attack
>mud slap

Kenya (Fearow)-replacing Fear the Fearow from Yellow
lv. 45
>mirror move
>fly
>drill peck
>fury attack

Sandbug (Gligar)-my "lol you don't affect me with electric attacks" pokemon
lv. 45
>iron tail
>swift
>fury cutter
>quick attack

Goldbat (Crobat)-lol im faster than you
lv. 42
>leech life
>wing attack
>bite
>confuse ray

Leviathan (Gyarados)-back from the good old days of Yellow with a color change :)
lv. 41
>headbutt
>bite
>waterfall
>dragonbreath

HM Slaves:

Crocanaw
>cut
>surf
>strength
>whirlpool

zZRaoto

rawr?
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2010
Kanto: 5th Entry

Log

-Almost as soon as I started back playing I found the Secret Key and just my luck; on my way out I ran into a Magmar and captured it. I decided to name him Beetle.
-I know had two Pokemon I needed to train and it wasn't going to be easy. I started off by training Horse to Lv.40.
-I was pleased to have Horse on my team. After seeing how strong it's Stomp attack was on those poor little Grimers and other Mansion Pokemon, I knew it was going to be useful to me.
-After getting Beetle to Lv.40 I decided I should get all my Pokemon to at least Lv.50. Kahn was already past 50 and Omnom was 5 levels away. Horse and Beetle were gaining levels pretty fast so I thought maybe it shouldn't take too long.
-While training my Pokemon, Horse finally evovled into Rapidash. Yay!
-I wanted Beetle and Horse at Lv.45 or higher before I crushed Blaine so I continued training. Those Poison attacks were getting pretty annoying so I decided to try and train off of Blaine for a while.
-once again I was being ignorant and didn't deposit everyone else besides Horse and I accidently beat Blaine. I didn't save either so I had to move on.
-I decided to get off of Cinnabar so I flew on Pidgey to Fuschia City where I would continue on to Saffron and train Beetle and the others.
-Beetle learned Fire Punch...and it really packs a punch. lolololololol
-I made it to Saffron and beat the Dojo Gym thing. I now had to save Silph Co in order to pwn Sabrena.
-While lurking for random Grunts, I ran into my rival and owned his ass. I also got a Lapras? lolwut?
-I made it to Giovanni and Beetle took out every single one of his Pokemon without any effort....then I got....a Master Ball. o.O
-It was time for me to face the gym. I flew through it and easily took out Sabrena.
-I then couldn't find the Poke'Center and was stuck in Saffron City for a while.
-After finding the Poke'Center, I withdrew Pidgey and flew to Virdian City for my last Gym Battle.
-I deposited all my Pokemon except Beetle and began training on the Gym Trainers.
-While continously restarting at Giovanni in order to gain levels fast, his Rhydon kept trying to use Fissure like a dumb piece of crap and wouldn't kill Beetle...Yeah. I thought about it and wondered, "Damnit! How much PP does Fissure have? He keeps trying to use it."
-Heading to the Elite 4, my rival challenged me once more. I was getting tired of this dude and I owned him hard.
-I never been to the Kanto Elite 4 and I wandered around not knowing where to go. And damn! I needed Surf. I had to go back to the PC.
-I was suprised at some of the Pokemon some trainers had. One guy had a Charizard. It's not everyday you see a trainer with the final evolution of a starter.
-After a good 20 minutes of fumbling through Victory Road, I made it out. Finally. I was about to take on the Kanto Elite 4. Omfg...so many statues. lol
-I healed all my Pokemon and stocked up on Full Restores and Full Heals. I wanted to try and make it through on my first try.

I'll end this log here and start an Elite 4 Log.

Current Team

iqfqlu.png

Horse/Rapidash, Lv.52
>Ember
>Fire Spin
>Stomp
>Take Down

n1tnhd.jpg

Kahn/Charizard, Lv.55
>Flamethrower
>Slash
>Earthquake
>Body Slam

24no8dz.jpg

Omnom/Ninetales, Lv.54
>Ember
>Dig
>Fire Spin
>Flamethrower

21q2iw.png

Beetle/Magmar, Lv.54
>Ember
>Leer
>confuse Ray
>Fire Punch

HMslave(s)
(None Currently)

I'm going to be training for a while and I may need to get some TM's for Magmar...And my Elite 4 Log is coming soon...Once I actually start the Elite 4. If I keep at it through the rest of the regions at this rate then I may be able to make it to a close 2nd.

Kanto: 6th Entry

Elite-4 Log

Attempt 1
I went into the Elite 4 not knowing what to expect. I already forgot the 1st Elite 4 member's name but he sure was easy to beat....sort of. I started with Horse and after a series of Stomping and Auora Beams, his Dewgong took it out. Next I tried Kahn but he fell just as fast. I decided to go with Omnom and with just a few Digs, the Dewgong was down. The Elite 4 Guy then sent out Cloyster and destroyed Omnom. I decided to send out Beetle...mainly because I had to. With one Confuse Ray and a series of burn causing Fire Punches, Beetle defeated the rest of the 1st Elite 4's Pokemon. Not bad...I guess. I then revived my Pokemon and moved on to the next challenge.

Bruno was next. He started with Onix and I started with Omnom. Two Digs and his first Pokemon was already knocked out. Now I had to take down his Hitmonchan so I chose Kahn to deal with him. One powerful Flamethrower and Hitmonchan was down. Now it was Hitmonlee's turn. I decided to stick with Kahn for him as well; the same thing happened; 1 Flamethrower and Hitmonlee was down. Kahn was proving himself a powerful Pokemon. Now it was another Onix. I used Omnom for this Onix as well. It started with a Dig from Omnom and a Harden by Onix, an attempt to stop my 2-hit win. Omnom's first Dig didn't even do half the damage, but the second one was a lucky critical hit and took down the Onix easily. It was now Bruno's strongest Pokemon: Machamp. I chose Horse to deal with him and he proved himself well. After spamming Fire Spin, Horse came out victorious without getting hit not once. I literally owned Bruno.

Now it was the old hag's turn. She started with Gengar and me remembering that it's mixed with Poison, started Omnom off with a Dig attack. 1-Hit KO! She then tried to switch up on me and sent out Golbat. I had Beetle to deal with that; two Flamethrowers and it was down. Now she sent out Haunter; I figured Kahn needed some exp so I sent him out and destroyed it with an Earthquake. I decided to keep Kahn out for the remainding two Pokemon if all goes well. Agatha was now sending out Arbok, another Poison type. Earthquake took care of it. Now another Gengar...Earthquake once more and it was down. So far I got through two Elite 4 people without taking a single hit. Now it was time to face the champion...I think.

Lance! Oh no!! He sent out Gyarados..I knew this would be trouble. I started with a Take Down from Horse but Gyarados's Hydro Pump took it down in one hit. I sent out Kahn to finish off the giant water dragon beast thing and used Slash twice to take it down. Earthquake and Slash took down his Dragonair...Both of them. Now Lance was relying on an Aerodactyl and I decided to send out Beetle. HYPER BEAM! Ouch. Beetle's health dropped all the way to red. I then used Confuse Ray followed by a Flamethrower. Wasn't any good, Aerodactyl destroyed Beetle. I now sent out Kahn to finish things off. A series of Flamethrowers took it down to red and just when I thought I had him....Full Restore followed by a Hyper Beam! It destroyed the poor Charizard. I now had to rely on Omnom....Things didn't look too good for me. With the Aerodactyl burnt and a spamming of Fire Spin, I took it down. Now I had to deal with Dragonite. Almost. My Omnom's Flamethrower was very powerful, taking out chunks of Dragonite's health but it wasn't enough. It's Hyper Beam took it down in one hit. My first attempt was a fail.

Attempt 2
I now knew how to order my Pokemon for each Elite 4 person. I spammed Lorelali's Dewgong with Fire Spin from Horse and didn't receive not one blow. With one Earthquake and two Flamethrowers, Kahn took out her Cloyster. Confuse Ray + Burn + Flamethrower Spam = One owned Slowbro by Beetle. Jynx was next and Omnom took it out with one Flamethrower. Three Flamethrowers by Omnom and Lapras was down. I think I did better this time.

For Bruno I decided to start with Kahn, hoping to get him close to Lv.60. With a series of Flamethrowers and Earthquakes, Kahn took out all of Bruno's Pokemon without taking any damage.

Against Agatha I started with Omnom again. He was very useful in taking out all of her Poison types and it was good exp for him. Omnom took out all of her Ghosts and Arbok with Dig while Kahn took out her Golbat with Flamethrower.

I started with Horse against Lance; it was nothing more than a front-line soldier used to weaken the enemies defenses. Take Down was a critical hit on Gyarados and brought it's Hp to half...too bad it's Hydro Pump was a critical hit as well; Horse was down. Two Hydro Pumps in a row and Beetle was down as well. Two slashes from Kahn and Gyarados was down. A series of Slashes on the Dragonairs and they were down too. Now it was just Dragonite and Aerodactyl left...Meh. Aerodactyl's first attack missed and Kahn got a Flamethrower in, weakening it. I tried my Fire Spin spam with Omnom but it didn't work quite as well this time. Second attempt was a fail as well.

Attempt 3
After going through the Elite 4 twice, my Pokemon grew significantly in strenght. I believe this time I would make it. I started with Kahn against Leojadfk this time and took down her Dewgong with two Slash attacks. I switched to Omnom and Fire Spin spammed Cloyster to death and did the same against Slowbro. I was hoping Kahn could withstand Lapras but he couldn't and fainted after defeating Jynx with an Earthquake. Remembering that Horse was still a bit weak I decided to bring him out. I then realized that he knew Fire Spin as well so I spammed Lapras and defeated the first Elite 4 member.

Once again, Flamethrower and Earthquake all the way against Bruno and I won in no time.

Dig all the way through with Agatha and Flamethrower on the Gobalt with Omnom.

I'm too bored to type what happened...I won though...

No! I didn't know I had to fight my rival again....oh well...I'll own him anyways. I prepared for battle by healing up all my Pokemon then I headed in with Horse leading. I started it with three Take Downs against his Pidgeot with Horse and took it down. One Take Down against Alakazam and took it down....but the recoil fainted Horse anyways. I started the fight between Beetle and Rhydon with a Confuse Ray followed by a series of Flamethrowers to finish it off. Against Arcanine I proved Magmar was stronger than Arcanine and used Beetle to take it down with a few Flamethrowers. I then sent out Omnom to take down Exec- (that egg thing) and took it down with one Flamethrower. Now it was time to take down Blastoise. I kept Omnom out to weaken it incase he couldn't take it out himself. With a spamming of Fire Spin, Blastoise dropped. I was now the champion of the Kanto region.

A Very Effective Strategy: (AVES?) I don't know where to start. Well, first I must say I never did like the move 'Fire Spin;' it was just a waste of space...that is until now. I found out that if you get lucky and get a lasting Fire Spin then you can take out the enemy pretty quickly. Not only are you doing constant damage and taking out almost more than half of the opponents hp without getting hit, you also have the chance to burn them. Omnom proved to use this strategy most effectively. It's high Sp. Attack pretty much owned almost every Pokemon he went up against by spamming Fire Spin. He literally crushed powerful Pokemon that are strong against his type without taking little or no damage. (Took out my rival's Blastoise with no problem!) I must say Fire Spin helped me out a lot and got me through Lance and my rival pretty easily. It's a better move than it seems. (And combine a Burn + Confuse Ray + Constant Damage and you got almost an automatic win.)

Final Team

w1vrt.png

Horse/Rapidash, Lv.54
>Ember
>Fire Spin
>Stomp
>Take Down

inwryd.png

Omnom/Ninetales, Lv.60
>Ember
>Dig
>Fire Spin
>Flamethrower

552bkm.png

Beetle/Magmar, Lv.56
>Ember
>Flamethrower
>Confuse Ray
>Fire Punch

2j2gj8l.png

Kahn/Charizard, Lv.60
>Flamethrower
>Slash
>Earthquake
>Body Slam

Yay! Time to move on to Johto now.

Last edited:

Pekin

Years
I wanted to be the first Fire challenger to beat the whole thing but since I got a late start I guess that won't happen...Unless I can push it through Johto and Hoenn in a week. I've beaten Sinnoh in less than 10 hours, that shouldn't be a problem...I just need to get out of Kanto and rush through this thing. I would try to finish it now but my laptop is overheating since I left it on. Well....Time to rest for a while. I should be done later on tonight.

If you can beat Sinnoh in less than 10 hours, I actually think you've got a chance - I'm doing Fire-types in Sinnoh right now, but as it's my first time, I don't know anything about the region or the storyline. So if you hurry up, you might just make it - Not that I'm just gonna relax and let you make it, of course. :P

zZRaoto

rawr?
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2010
Haha. Well, I just finished the Kanto region right now so I'm moving on to Johto. I should be in Hoenn by the end of tomorrow. ;o

-----------------------------

Johto:
Version: Crystal

I'm not going to post every little detail like I did in Kanto. Just expect a few updates; the basic stuff: gym battles, evolutions/captures, you know. They will just be very short updates every once in a while.

----------------------------

Johto: First Entry

Just a short update.

Log:
Well. I noticed that Crystal is a lot easier than Blue and I've progressed through it pretty quickly using just Qu (Cyndaquil, now a Typhlosion.) I've beaten the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gym and I'm on my way to Cinnawood Island now. I did run into a Growlthie but didn't attempt to catch it since I don't know where to get Fire Stones. I think I'll just go through the whole thing with Typhlosion; it will save a lot of time. I think I'll be able to finish Johto in less than 10 hours like I did Sinnoh. ;o

Current Team

15mod2c.gif

Qu/Typhlosion, Lv.40
>Flame Wheel
>Quick Attack
>Smokescreen
>Ember

HMslave(s)
nleik6.gif

>Surf
>Strength
>Rock Smash (Not really a HM but I consider it one.)
2im7sbs.gif

>Fly

Last edited:

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
Years
1st Johto Update:

* decided I would keep the same character name through all generations (Jamm)
* chose Cyndaquil as my starter
* received egg and pokedex
* fought rival
* gave egg to Prof. Elm; named rival Jeeves
* defeated Sages in Sprout Tower; received Flash
* obtained Zephyr badge
* received egg from Prof.'s aid
* defeated trainers along rt. 32 and Union Cave
* defeated Rockets in Slowpoke Well
* burned Bugsy to a crisp; defeated rival
* received Cut and Headbutt in Ilex Forest
*after a really long time headbutting trees (and even falling asleep with the controller in my hand...) I ran into Heracross who became the first member of my fighting team
* headed back to and through Ilex Forest
* caught a Drowzee and traded it for a Machop in Goldenrod
* defeated Whitney
* obtained good rod in Olivine; added Poliwag to my party
* defeated rival in Burned Tower; evolved Machop
* defeated Kimono girls; received Surf
* obtained Fog badge; evolved Poliwag
* added Mankey to party
* climbed Olivine light house where Mankey evolved
* swam to Cianwood; defeated Chuck
* delivered meds to Jasmine; defeated Jasmine
* caught Red Gyrados; defeated Rockets in Rocket Hideout
* received badge;defeated Rockets in radio tower/underground;
* trekked through Ice Path
* defeated Claire; added Tyrogue to my team
* trained and evolved Tyrogue

gbg057.gif

Primeape
lv. 39
-scratch
-thunderpunch
-ice punch
-karate chop

gbg214.gif

Heracross
lv. 36
-counter
-horn attack
-fury attack
- --

gbg061.gif

Poliwhirl
lv. 37
-surf
-rock smash
-body slam
-waterfall

gbg067.gif

Machoke
lv.37
-vital throw
-foresight
-fire punch
-karate chop

gbg106.gif

Hitmonlee
lv. 34
-hi jump kick
-thief
-strength
-dynamic punch

Off to Kanto

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2013
Now I've go put you right between Cynthia and Sabrina! :D
That's the place I'm dreaming of... ^^

And of course, your analysis is welcome. I'd be interested in taking a look at it as well. ^^
After my rush through Sinnoh I need a break from playing Pokemon (Currently I make holidays in Africa - game-wise only, of course. xD), so I guess I will visit the battle frontiers next week.

Years
Game:Crystal
Type:Flying

Quick update:

Beat all remaining gym leaders in Kanto and traveled to Mt. Silver and got Pwned by Red's Espeon
Added Togetic to my team for the final battle and currently grinding at the Elite Four
I will post my team at the end of Crystal run

Final Crystal Update:

-Grinded until all pokemon were a decent level (50's)
-Went back to challenge Red, the most challenging battle in this entire challenge
-the battle was difficult, but i outlasted his Espeon, my major problem, and took down the rest of his team one at a time

Final Team:

Sandbug the Gligar-took down super high level pokemon with fury cutter like Red's pikachu and snorlax
lv. 51
>iron tail
>swift
>fury cutter
>quick attack
hp:143
atk:107
def:137
sp atk:61
sp def:91
spd:111

Diver the Pidgeot-was my mvp of the early game until i got Goldbat and Leviathan
lv. 47
>quick attack
>sand attack
>wing attack
>mud slap
hp:155
atk:94
def:89
sp atk:95
sp def:95
spd:103

Kenya the Fearow-KO'd a dragonite with mirror move after the dragonite used blizzard and missed
lv. 51
>mirror move
>fly
>drill peck
>fury attack
hp:149
atk:112
def:93
sp atk:79
sp def:79
spd:134

Leviathan the Red Gyarados-was a behemoth no matter who he went up against
lv. 55
>headbutt
>bite
>waterfall
>dragonbreath
hp:184
atk:176
def:120
sp atk:97
sp def:141
spd:121

Togetic the Togetic-newest member and took stab special attacks like nobody's business
lv. 53
>flamethrower
>sweet kiss
>flash
>metronome
hp:142
atk:60
def:106
sp atk:109
sp def:135
spd:74

Goldbat the Crobat-super fast and confuser/flincher on the team
lv. 50
>leech life
>wing attack
>bite
>confuse ray
hp:166
atk:121
def:109
sp atk:99
sp def:109
spd:152

Time to move on to Hoenn with my flying type challenge

Last edited:

zZRaoto

rawr?
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2010
I thought we were just supposed to beat the Elite 4 in each region. o-o

We have to fight that bastard too?

zZRaoto

rawr?
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2010
*Sigh.*

I hope me only using Typhlosion is a good idea...I think I'll be able to get him up to at least 90 before Red. (And it's funny because I'm using the same name from Kanto which was Blue.) Haha!

zZRaoto

rawr?
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2010
Yeah. I was planning on this move-set:

Thunderpunch
Flamethrower
Earthquake
[Possible Fighting Move]

----------------------------

Day 3

Johto: 2nd Entry

Log:

I started off where I left off; on my way to Cinnawood. When I arrived I immediately went to go look at Suicune, then Eusine came out of nowhere but I still kicked his ass. I went to the Poke'Center to heal up and then headed to that man's house to get the medicine for Ampharos. I then challenged the gym and flew through it and then flew back to Olivine to fly through that gym as well. I then made it to Mahogany Town where I saved the Magikarps or whatever and then took on the gym. I had the advantage here with Typhlosion. Oh yeah, I got Red Gyrados for fun. I made my way to Blackthorn City but they wouldn't let me in the gym so I decided to go ahead and save the Radio Tower. I beat Giovanni and headed to the Underground where I trashed my rival. It took me a while to solve the door thingy but I tore up the place and owned all those little Grunts and saved the Radio Tower. Yay! Lol. I went to Ecruteak, owned the Wise Trio, and watched Raikou and Entei hop out the door. lulz. Then I captured Suicune with one Ultra Ball. Woot! He was to be my Surf/Waterfall/Whirpool Slave...no..Just Waterfall/Whirlpool. Hehe. I went to Blackthorn to own Clair and get my final badge; then I was gonna head to the Elite 4. I learned how much Dragon Rage hurts from a low leveled Pokemon. 30 Damage every time? 5 hits and Typhlosion would faint but that didn't stop me. Qu owned them all. I then headed to Dragons Den for a bit more training...Turns out I had to go there anyways. I didn't realize Claire didn't give me my badge. Heading to the Pokemon League, I took the long ways down the mountain for some training..then I got a Master Ball from Elm. KANTO!

Kanto: 2nd Entry

Log:

ZOOMMMMGGGG! IM IN KAAANTOOOO......again. On my way to the Pokemon League I battled every single trainer I seen. Typhlosion being my only Pokemon, I needed all the training I could get. I know had to venture through Victory Road. Rawr? I made it...Lol.

I must say, I made it through most of the game a lot faster than I thought I would. Perhaps I can catch up with Pekin.

Current Team:

15mod2c.jpg

Qu/Typhlosion, Lv.62
>Dynamic Punch (I hope this is a good move.)
>Earthquake
>Thunder Punch
>Flamethrower

HMslave(s)
nleik6.jpg

>Surf
>Strength
>Rock Smash (Not an HM but I consider it one.)

2wbriw7.gif

>Waterfall
>Whirlpool

kb8wpd.gif

>Flash
>Cut

Elite 4 Log coming soon. ;o

Kanto: 3rd Entry

Elite-4 Log:

Attempt 1
Before I started I wanted Qu to be at Lv.65...so I trained. Finally, it was time. First i was that Psychic person. I took out it's xatu with one Thunder Punch..and it's Slowbro...and it's other Xatu. I took down it's Exeggutor with just one Flamethrower and it's Jynx.

Koga seemed a bit easy. Ariados - Flamethrower, Forretress - Flamethrower, Muk - Earthquake, Crobat - Thunder Punch, Venemoth - Flamethrower. Each one was just one hit.

Once again, I took down Bruno with ease. His Hitmontop went down with a Flamethrower and Onix fell to an Earthquake. Machamp fell to a Flamethrower. And to save PP (lol) I used two Thunder Punches on Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan.

Two Thunderpunches took down Umbreon with an Earthquake against all of her Ghosts and a Thunderpunch to Murkrow with an Earthquake to Houndoom. Yay! Oh wait, Flamethrower to Vileplume. Hehe.

Lance was waaaay easier this time. Thunderpunch obliterated his Gyrados. Two Flamethrowers took down his Aerodactyl. Thunderpunches destroyed two of his Dragonites and Charizard. And after running out of Thunderpunches and Flamethrowers, two Dynamic Punches took down his last Dragonite. And it was finished.......well except for Red. >.>

Yeah..Now I have to fight Red. Battle against Red Log is coming soon.

Current Team:

15mod2c.jpg

Qu/Typhlosion, Lv.68
>Dynamic Punch
>Earthquake
>Thunder Punch
>Flamethrower

HMslave(s)
(None Currently)

Kanto: 4th Entry

Log:

I knew Red woud be tough so I decided I would challenge all the Kanto gyms first. I took the S.S. Anne to Vermillion....or I was planning to but then I got stuck on the boat. (I'm currently stuck on the boat. lol) Yeah...WINRAR! (I found out what to do.) I challenged the Vermillion Gym and Qu's Earthquake took care of them with ease. It was now Sabrina's turn to get owned. I owned her...then caught a Houndour and named her Lily then I dropped her into a box, never to be seen again. Then I owned every single Pokemon at the Celadon gym with Flamethrower. I then headed on to Fuschia to own that gym. I owned all of those fail ninjas and the gym leader. I was now on my way to...umm. Where ever. I went to Cerulean to battle Misty but she was nowhere to be found. Guess she found out I was back in town and was ready to own her again. I decided I should just go ahead and face Red now. But I accidently challenged the Elite 4 trying to find where that mountain thing was...It was good training though. Omfg! How do I get to Mt. Silver? I hope I don't have to beat every gym in Kanto or something...I guess I'll take a break here.

Current Team:

15mod2c.jpg

Qu/Typhlosion, Lv.79
>Dynamic Punch
>Earthquake
>Thunder Punch
>Flamethrower

HMslave(s):
(None Currently)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.