• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexlang22

On the road to Viridian City
Years
I am going to join this challenge, I will do the same as Akeraz and Kozoi using Remoraid. I will also keep updated with youtube videos. I'll do crystal first, then Fire Red, then Emerald and finally Platinum.

Here is my first video (should be better quality next time):
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
mondays, how the F*** did you beat youngster Joey's Ratatta? Did you hear that its in the top percentage of all Ratattas? You know what I'm saying? You're like a god among men.
>implying it's not like my Stantler is in the top percentage of Stantler

Well yeah, that was my strategy: Fight fire with fire. The only way to beat top percentage Pokemon is using top percentage Pokemon as well. Better top percentage Pokemon. An idea only a god among men could come up with.

By the way, because I'm lazy as hell (and had sports in the afternoon) today, there will be no update until tomorrow. I know, I'm a terrible person
e5011287.png

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2011
I got through Mt Moon with great ease and got my Nidoking

Gary II
Spoiler:

Did all nugget bridge and moved onto misty

Spoiler:

I'm going to refrain from using Thrash since that just destroys everything.

Alexlang22

Years
Next update already, here we go:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Hey, I'm probably going to attempt this. I saw this through Shadowblitz's Youtube channel and thought why not, so signed up and here I am! I'm going to use Bulbasaur and play Fire Red, Gold, Emerald and then Platinum all being well. First update should be around tomorrow sometime.

Good luck to everyone else!

rew_s11

ERROR 404
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2016
- beat whitney(curse x 6 then headbutt)
- beat kimono girls
- beat rival(surf/confusion way)
- beat morty:
Took a few tries as curse + shadow ball do more damage than I can heal
Got some luck as gastly used lick and gengars hypnosis missed 2 times ina row.Surf everything
- brain evolved
- beat chuck:
surf,confusion
- beat eusine(surf)
- beat trainers in lighthouse
- beat jasmine(surf)

Spr_2c_080.gif

Brain Lv 41
- surf
- headbutt
- curse
- confusion

sorry for the lack of details.I did this 3 days ago

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
All right, everyone is updated. Thanks to everyone new participating (and shadowblitz for bringing in a newcomer from youtube)

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
So got quite far here is the video update!

Spoiler:

So far so good. The first Gary battle wasn't too bad but I thought Pidgey knew Gust so I was careful but he didn't use it. Charmander was easy as he didn't know ember... yet. Brock was pathetic but got me evolved. The second Gary battle was tough. Pidgeotto was ok but lowered my accuracy causing problems later. Charmander is deadly now. I managed to poison and seed him and then just heal. I barely made it but Abra and Rattata fell easy. Phew.

There are only a few problems I can see with Fire Red at the moment. Gary battles will be tough as he has a few pokemon that can do 2x damage against me. There is Charmander, Abra, Exeggcute AND Pidgey. Oh well. There is also Blaine and Sabrina but I'll deal with them when I get there.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
Years
Update time!

Vs. Bugsy
Spoiler:

People told me fury cutter would be a pain in the ass here.
However, you'll see I have a solution right here.

Vs. Silver (2)
Spoiler:

This was a much more worrying battle. One of his Pokes I couldn't even hit and had to sleepseed it to beat, and another had super effective on me.
As you can see though, I managed to scrape through quite well.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2010
Since I have a tendency for doing insane challenges for fun and stuff I figure, hey, why not? I could do something "fun" like Sunkern but, nah, probably a wee bit too difficult so I'll throw my hat into the ring with the Marill family (Azurill, Marill, Azumarill) since whilst not quite as difficult it should still be balls hard and I'm all about that.

Much like my good buddy, xShadowBlitzx, I'll be recording the important details but I'll also probably record me whining incessently via Audacity if I get the time/think it's warranted for that video (in some cases I'm sure it will be...). I'll also try to avoid grinding, if ever possible, since where's the challenge when you just walk over everything. I'll try to post every day, every other day at the latest, but if I don't then it's likely because I'm at a wall and thus need to grind like crazy.

Tl;dr: doing Marill stuff. Fire Red -> Gold -> Sapphire -> Diamond

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
Years
Here's my tl;dr update for you guys. I also uploaded the battle against Brock. It's at the bottom of the update in a spoiler tag.

► Started Fire Red

I chose to play on Pokémon Fire Red Version because of the various improvements over the original Red Version. For starters, the CPU improvement. In the older games, the CPU wasn't all that challenging. There was also the fact that the newer games had various factors which determined your Pokémons stats. (Effort values, individual values, natures, etc.) In first generation, ther was also a problem with some of the TMs. They had TMs like Water Gun in Mount Moon, which seemed pretty useless to me. Finally, there were problems like the Special Stat not being split into Attack and Defence and Speed relying on how often you get critical hits. So yeah, I decided to play Fire Red.

► Chose Dratini

Luckily, I had a program called A-Starter which allowed me to hack Dratini into the slot where you'd usually receive Bulbasaur. Because of this, my rival chose Charmander. So yeah, I received a Hasty Dratini with Wrap as its only means of defending itself in battle. I was originally going to call my Dratini Claude, but then I realised it was female so I decided to call it Cynthia instead.

► Rival Battle

After receiving my starter, Akeraz decided to be mean and challenge me to a battle before I could even exit the lab and train up on Route One. His Charmander was brutal, it got two critical hits on me and I was unable to even get it down to half health with Wrap and Leer. The fact that Hasty is a -Defence nature probably didn't help the situation either.

► Route One

I went through Route One while listening to the Viridian City OST from the Pokémon Anime. (Yeah, I'm a nerd.) A Pidgey actually made made me black out by constantly getting critical hits on Cynthia while I was trying to lower its defence with Leer. By the time I made it to Viridian City I was Level Six and I had one hit point left.

► Delivered Oak's Parcel

I was told by some guy in Viridian Pokémart to deliver a Parcel to Professor Oak. So yeah, I delivered said parcel and received a Pokédex and five Pokéballs in exchange.

► Pokémart Visit

I went to the Pokémart and bought myself five more Pokéballs, just in-case I encountered a Shiny. I spent the rest on Potions, because I didn't think that much would status me and I thought that Shed Skin would recover any statuses anyway.

► Viridian Forest

I entered Viridian Forest and I trained up to Level Eight and learnt Thunder-Wave. Stuff kept Poisoning me and Shed Skin kept refusing to activate, so I ended up wasting a few Potions while training Cynthia up. After the training, I decided to attempt Viridian Forest. Unfortunately, the swarms of Weedle kept Poisoning me and getting critical hits, so I decided to turn back and train some more. I ended up training up to Level Eleven and then attempting Viridian Forest again. I made it through a lot of the trainers, until the Bug Catcher with the Kakuna and Metapod. On his last Pokémon, I realised that I had no more Wrap PP left and so I had to Struggle for the win. By the end of the battle, I had no Potions left so I had to take a trip back to the Pokécenter before finishing Viridian Forest off.

► Rival Battle

I decided to take a quick peek inside of Brock's Gym and challenge the trainer inside. He had a Geodude, which proven to be a huge problem because of my only attacks being Wrap, Leer and Thunder-Wave. Eventually, I managed to beat his Geodude and his Sandshrew. I decided that there was no way that I could challenge Brock, so I decided to double back to Viridian City and challenge Akeraz. His Pidgey was a huge problem, because it kept spamming Sand-Attack. I still managed to win and gain some nice experience. Knowing that the experience I had gained wasn't enough, I decided to train up some more in Viridian Forest and I grew to Level Fifteen and learnt Twister. (A fairly effective Dragon-type attack, considering Brock's Pokémon are all fairly weak on the Special side and that all Dragon moves are Special in Third Generation.)

► Brock Battle

Brock wasn't too difficult. I just spammed Twister like there was no tomorrow and I got Rock Tomb and the Boulder Badge. Feeling a lot more confident in Cynthia, I decided to go and make my way to Mount Moon.

► Video vs Brock

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2011
I made my way to vermillion city but just before that the bug catcher with the butterfree managed to kill me due to pure annoyance.

Anyways i went through SS.Anne without fighting a single trainer and made my way to gary

Spoiler:

Alot less annoying than last time and i got myself the Cut HM.. YAY

Went and caught a oddish to be a cut slave and tackled the Gym.

What made me laugh is that both switches was in the same bin which is very odd.

Anyways i then faced off against Lt. Surge

Spoiler:

After i won this i replaced thrash with thunderbolt so i'm not tempted to use thrash anymore and now i got the fun task of going through rock tunnel with no flash so i'll update after the 4th Gym and Giovanni.

Alexlang22

Years
Here we go with the next update:

Spoiler:

I beat union cave and team rocket in slowpoke well with ease.
I reached the level from the gods for remoraid, level 22. I learned aurora, psy and bubblebeam, I also got TM swift.
Dinner made Bugsy look like a piece of cake. Scyther? Meh.
Dinner also made Silver look easy, however Dinner still has a phobia of planty things such as vines and leaves.

Last edited:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
I'll do this challenge. I'll take Koffing/Weezing. I'll go FR,G,Ruby,Platinum

Alexlang22

Years
I quickly played from azalea to goldenrod gym, here's the update video:

Spoiler:

Miltank. What are you like eh? Dinner is just too good though, he was never going to die.

Bruno™

Elite Four Member
Years
I'll do this challenge aswell !

I'll do it on FR / HG / E / Pt w/ Gravler [ sorry if I spelt that wrong .]

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Here is my first update...

I named myself Pleryt and rival Ugly
I picked Koffing and he chose Charmander
My Koffing (Gas) demolished his Charmander
I got and delivered Oak's Parcel
Got the Pokedex
Trained up to level 9
Beat Gary
Made my way through Viridian Forest
Beat Brock (it was very hard)

Team:
Gas (Koffing) level 14
Tackle
Smog
Poison Gas

Going to go through Mt.Moon now

Years
While reading the OP, I saw this::t001:

From now, I will always see Bulbasaur this way, I can't unsee it anymore.
Spoiler:

Also, Update time.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Alexlang22

Years
At a vast rate of knots, here's the next update:

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back