• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safetyfirst

Chloe Moretz Fan
Years
Sorry I've just been off pokemon a while. I will start emerald as soon as 2 things happens:
1. I figure out how to play GBA games on my DSiXL (anyone know? is it even possible?)
2. I catch a ditto and get an egg of charmander

Years
Sorry I've just been off pokemon a while. I will start emerald as soon as 2 things happens:
1. I figure out how to play GBA games on my DSiXL (anyone know? is it even possible?)
2. I catch a ditto and get an egg of charmander
Why not just emulate Emerald and hack Charmander as a starter into the rom? It's working fine for me with Stantler.

Also, Update is here.
Spoiler:

Somehow, I did manage it...
Spoiler:

Saffron Stuff.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
Years
O_O This has peeked my interest...I'm going to do this with...FARFETCH'D!!!!

...Ehh it's going to be awhile...well I guess I can use an emulator, so I'll start on it in a bit, but I'm doing a monotype challenge at the moment, so I might be preoccupied for a bit.

EDIT: Yellow-Crystal-Emerald-Platinum

Last edited:
Years
Fuschia Stuff. Took me quite a while, so many routes...
Spoiler:

Update containing 2 (!) gyms
Spoiler:

Next: The Elite 4. First round.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2011
Hmmm i'll take you up on this challenge. I'll use Nidokings Family using the Games as Nidoking is pure win. I'm going to be recording this challenge so all rival fights and whatnot will be recorded. Hmm you say that emerald finishes at elite four... can you move onto steven if you wish?

Anyways game order will be

Red>Crystal>Emerald>Platinum

I'm going to start on it now so wish me luck

Years
Elite 4 time!
Spoiler:

Champion battle is up. And it was epic, the most epic champion battle I ever fought.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
yeah, shadow, you can go on if you want, but you don't have to if you don't want.

Also congrats to mondays suck for finishing round one of the challenge!

The Doctor

What!?
Years
Teh Updation Wagon Has Rolled Into PC! :

- Did NOT Buy Slowpoke Tail After Much Delberat... Delibre... Delivbr....Thinking
- Beat Trainers, I LOVE The Clefairy's Minimize, It Actually Stays Tiny For Once!
- Went To Lake Of Rage.
- Almost Killed RG For A Second Time But A Fourth Great Ball Caught It.
- Named My Gyarados - MMM SHINY - Couldnt Help It :D
- Traversed The Trees For man With Hidden Power - In HG/SS That Place Is Flooded
- Flew Back To Mahogany, Flew Back To Lake Of Rage.
- LANCE ARRIVES - Went To Shop With Him
- Frickin Zubats.... Cant They Afford Decent Pokeballs(The Trainers Not The Zubats?)
- Turned Off The Alarm And Gave Posideon Guard Spec
- Got All Passwords, beat Executives.
- Felt Sorry For The Electrodes So I Caught One and named him Sparkeh
- Taught Posideon DYNAMICPUNCH For Pryce.
- Beat Trainers Then DYNAMICPUNCHED Pryces Pokemon, 1HKO.

Saved For The Day
Posideon Now Level 47 And Knows
DYNAMICPUNCH, Water Gun, Icy Wind, Bite

Years
So, I did some research and found out the Rom crashing problem is still present in HGSS, so Gold it is.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2011
I picked out my starter of Nidoran♂ which replaced Bulbasaur. So my rival has a Charmander. Beat the first rival easy but didn't record that as well thats not necessary to win.

Waltzed and did the whole Pokédex stuff and then went to face Gary before the Pokémon league

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bHnxl-CxOg

Only trouble with gary would have been his Sand-attack but bar that he was easy.

Travelled to Viridian Forest and made it through there with ease and then i had a brain fart. I forgot that you don't learn double kick early on red, thats only on yellow.

Still managed to beat brock fine though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK8aEGful_o

I'll update when i've done misty and 2nd Gary.

Last edited:

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
Years
I'm bored so I guess I'll do this.
My games will be as Follows
FR, C, E, Pt

I'll be starting on Crystal, Using Hoppip (I feel like a change of pace since I've been playing alot of FR lately)

I'll be adding the following rules to my challenge:
- No Evolutions
- No Revives

My updates will probably be in the form of youtube videos, I hope you don't mind.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2011
heh personally i find that youtube videos are better at keeping track as this way you can watch the battle yourself. Thats why i also opted for youtube videos over screenshots.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
mondays, how the F*** did you beat youngster Joey's Ratatta? Did you hear that its in the top percentage of all Ratattas? You know what I'm saying? You're like a god among men.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
Years
First Update - Vs Falkner.
Spoiler:

Easy enough. I think I was a bit too worried about crits from Pidgeotto, though.

Last edited:

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
Years
I'm joining this Solo Challenge with Dratini. I'll be doing Fire Red, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum. (In that order.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back