• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
If you're emulating it on VBA, go to Tools>Recording>Start AVI recording. After you are done, upload it to Youtube. After that, here, click on the "Go Advanced" button, highlight it, and click the Youtube button, or jut type [YOU.TUBE] before the link and [/YOU.TUBE] after it (without the periods).

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
Update:

I totally defeat Lt. Surge and Misty without taking damage.
Got through Rock Tunnel
Defeat Rocket's Game Corner
Got to Fuchsia City
Found Surf and Rock Smash in Safari Zone

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2010
Final Crystal Update

-finished collecting all 16 badges
-beat trainer red on mt.silver
-sneasel is lvl.85
-im ready to start firered

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2011
Thanks for the help, but, how do I get the video to have the sound from the game in the recordind. ( If that wasn't what you were answering). And yes, Im using VBA.

Edit: Nevermind, it worked. Thanks.

Another Fire Red update:

Went west of Celadon city, and got fly. Continued west, woke the Snorlax. Went through Cycling road and beat a few trainers. Got to Fuschia City, went to the safari Zone, got the Gold teeth, and HM Surf.Went back and gave the warden guy his Gold Teeth back and got HM Strength. Went to the Gym, beat all of the trainers, and got to Koga. Phillip was Lvl. 53 at that point, and sorta over-leveled, and sort-of overpowered to me giving him a Thick Club to give him more attack. The battle against Koga was a breeze, I OHKO'd ever pokemon except Weezing, which took about four hits because of him using Hyper potions. Phillip is now Lvl. 53, has Bone Club, Return Rock Slide, and Brick Break.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2010
Firered Update

-used a-starter to get sneasel
-had to also give sneasel tm31(brick break) also because sneasel doesnt learn any moves that would do any damage to a rock pokemon untill lvl.43
-rival chose charmander
-beat rival
-beat brock(used brick break then quick attk to kill geodude, used screech then brick break to kill onix).
sneasel is lvl.17

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
Thanks myrrhman :)

Update:

Totally defeat all Gym Leaders without taking any damage
Also my rival was very easy :)
Heading to the Indigo Plateu

Elite Four, here we come!!!

Alexlang22

On the road to Viridian City
Years
Right here are there remaining elite four and champion battles:

Spoiler:

Regarding updates leading up to Red, I'll only do like every other gym or so. Hopefully I'll be destroying red soon. Super Mario Galaxy 2 best not be distracting me from this. (game fase on)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Spoiler:

So we finish off the Koga battle and I finally manage to bring down his Muk through his minimizes and armour. Blaine also was easier than I thought but I had to tank that last attack. Giovanni... well... poor thing lol.

Now the penultimate Gary battle. Jesus. I gave Venusaur the Quick Claw so he still might gain the first turn when his speed is dropped. Managed to pull off a Growth phase during Pidgeot without a whirlwind away so took him and alakazam down. With enough growth, Charizard can't withstand a solarbeam. And the rest of his pokemon all fall down.

The Elite Four awaits!

Alexlang22

Years
Quick Update:
I beat Lt. Surge easily with Surf OHKOing each Pokemon.
Here is the battle vs. Sabrina:
Spoiler:

I then did the story about fixing the power plant swiftly, and beat Misty as convincingly as I did in this video against Erika:

Spoiler:

I couldn't be bothered to wait for someone to post again so here is the conclusion to crystal in 3 videos:

Spoiler:

Crystal is Completed.
And so I will move on to Fire Red.

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
This challenge seems fun, I'll join this and I will use Kabuto -> Kabutops. I will start on LeafGreen, then use Crystal, followed by Sapphire and Platinum.

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
I need to find a way to emulate HeartGold.
And im still deciding on my pokemon.
Are Legendaries allowed?
NM i will not be able to do my run until 2 weeks later, but FYI, i decided on a Metang.
Add me if you want.
I will start on FireRed.
When I cheat in my pokemon, can i have like a lv 5 Metang or do i have to start with Beldum?

Last edited:

Alexlang22

Years
Ok so I'm ready to start Fire Red and here are the first two update videos:

Spoiler:

Neither battle were easy. They were both the second attempt, but Dinner managed to pull through. Need to get over levelled, fast!

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2011
Update: Got the key for Blaine's gym, defeated Blaine easily with Bone Club, did the 1, 2, and 3 Island side-quest stuff. Went flew to Viridian city, defeated all the trainers, and fought Giovanni.After taking him out, I got TM Earthquake from him and tought it to Phillip. Got through Victory Road, and am now at the Pokemon League. Phillip is now level 74, with the moves Earthquake, Double Edge, Rock Slide, and Brick Break. I'll post the videos of the battles against Blaine and Giovanni shortly.

Edit: Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zXdMq0uE0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eUQ1rftgtw

Last edited:

yaya0

は真優勝
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
I'll be starting this challenge with Dratini/Dragonair/Dragonite. [FireRed/Gold/Ruby/Pearl]

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
So the final push in three videos!

Spoiler:

The Elite 4!

Ok so Lorelei was ok. My plan was to just razor leaf her to death but Lapras managed to land a confusion and Ice Beam hurts. Managed to get through though. Bruno was easy. Had to growth to take down the fighting types quicker but nothing to write home about. Agatha, I used Gengar to get a max growth going but through the confusion it was tough. Thankfully he does barely any damage.

The rest of Agathas pokemon posed no threat after the growth spurt. Now came Lance. This took a couple of tries, each time upping the use of growth when fighting Gyarados as I knew he couldn't really hurt me. After getting that right the rest fell quickly.

Then comes Gary. One last time. Usual tactic of growing first but Pidgeot keeps whirlwind-ing me out so eventually I settle for a little growth and a kill.

So, after taking down Pidgeot, I grow again and hit Alakazam before he can Psychic one-two me. Then Charizard. I get so lucky and he misses twice with Fire Blast allowing me to hit him with a critical. Then he clips me and I tank it so well (12HP FTW) and finish him off. Plain sailing from there!

I have started Gold so expect a video within a day or two. Yay 1/4 of the way there!

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
I'm starting with Magnemite, doing LeafGreen/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum. The first three should be tough, but Platinum should be a breeze after the first few gyms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back