• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
  • Mmmm, I might do one with the Squirtle -> Blastoise. Though, I don't have Firered/Ruby and I can't trade between between Sapphire/Emerald, but I'll do the rest that I can do and worry about that later. I'm starting of Leaf Green right now.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • Update:

After a lot of grinding (i miss my speed button :() Mountain evolved.
    I needed it to evolve Mountain because Larvitar coldn't defeat Gardenia.

Battle vs. Gardenia:
    Cherubi was OHKO'ed with Rock Slide
    Roserade was harder because it was faster than Mountain. Roserade OHKO'ed Mountain with Grass Knot. I used my HM slave Charizard (it's a Turtwig) to revive Mountain. Mountain could be OHKO'ed again but she used Stun Spore instead (luck for me!:)) I couldn't OHKO it with Rock Slide, but Roserade used Poison Sting (only 1 DMG), and Mountain KO'ed it.
    Turtwig wasn't OHKO'ed by Rock Slide but had 1 HP left. Gardenia used a super Potion, but Mountain attacked back (only 1 HP left again). Next turn mountain KO'ed Turtwig.

Team Galactic was very easy (all OHKO'ed) and i got my bike (yay i love biking :))

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Hi im gonna do a solo run with dratini-->dragonair--->dragonite :]
    firered-soulsilver-ruby-platinum

-Started fire red
    -named myself Kristi
    -Named my rival SEXY
    -tried to go into the grass but was stopped by prof.oak :o
    -Chose Dratini named it Pants
    -Battled rival SEXY and won *w*

Pokemon
    Dratini
    name-Pants
    Moves-Wrap & leer
    lvl-5

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • OMG IM SO EXCITED. I still cant start, until tomorrow night. But wow i have a lot of motivation right now. My trusty Metang will be called Meteor (kind of uncreative i know, but still cool.) I will start the same way a lot of ppls do, Firered, Sapphire (not Ruby because i dont want to deal with Numels/Camerupts), Platinum, and HeartGold last (Red). awaiting tmrw nite.

Edit: I decided to start with Beldum every time, despite the constant Take Down recoils.

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    • My update.
    • I choose Charmander!
      Ultimate Solo Challenge
      I name him Dante, after the guy who wrote The Divine Comedy.
    • I totally own Green, my rival.
    • I travel to Pewter City.
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Vs Brock!

• This is my hardest gym battle so far. Took me 3 times to beat him, then I only did because I got a crit, and his Onix was a retard!
    • Soon after this battle, Dante evolves into a Charmeleon!
      Ultimate Solo Challenge
    • I travel through Mount Moon without any problems.
    • I teach Dante Mega Kick, as I thought I would have troubles with Misty.
    • I go visit Bill, destroying every trainer along the way!
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Vs Misty!

• Okay, so I thought this was going to be my hardest gym leader. But no!. Mega Kick! Bam, Staryu fainted! Mega Kick, its a critical hit! Starmie fainted. Lulz, it took less than 30 seconds. xD
    • I ravel down to Vermillion City.
    • I go on the S.S. Anne, and destroy my rival.
    • I get cut.
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Vs Lt. Surge!

• Bah, he was easy. All three of his Pokemon died in one hit to Ember, GAWD.
    • I go back to Cerulean, and head towards Rock tunnel.
    • On the way there, Dante evolved!
      Ultimate Solo Challenge
    • I get through Rock Tunnel easily... Without Flash, *****es! x)
    • I end up in lavender town.
    • I go to the Pokemon Tower and DESTROY my rival.
    • I go to Celadon.
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Vs Erika!

• Obviously, this way very easy. Three Flamethrowers, and she was finished!
    • So this is where I am at now!
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

Dante the Charizard
    Level 45

Secret power
    Slash
    Flamethrower
    Aerial Ace

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Well, I did the Team Roket Quest (game corner-pokemon tower-silph co), and now Dante is level 55. Oh, and I also did the fighting gum in Saffron.

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Well, I did the Team Roket Quest (game corner-pokemon tower-silph co), and now Dante is level 55. Oh, and I also did the fighting gum in Saffron.

55 is a good level for where you're at. The E4 should be a piece of cake for you ;)

Oh before I forget. I've never heard of a fighting gum :P

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    55 is a good level for where you're at. The E4 should be a piece of cake for you ;)

Oh before I forget. I've never heard of a fighting gum :P

Haha, thanks! I don't grind anymore, I just battle every trainer. I think the elite for will be alright. (or I hope xD)

I knew someone would comment on my fighting gum. xD I meant gym, but was too lazy to fix the typo after I had posted it.

Btw, cn you do tthis challenge in any order you like? Becase I notice you haven't done HG/SS yet, so I was wondering if I could jump to Emerald after this playthrough, and leave HG to the end. =]

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Haha, thanks! I don't grind anymore, I just battle every trainer. I think the elite for will be alright. (or I hope xD)

I knew someone would comment on my fighting gum. xD I meant gym, but was too lazy to fix the typo after I had posted it.

Btw, cn you do tthis challenge in any order you like? Becase I notice you haven't done HG/SS yet, so I was wondering if I could jump to Emerald after this playthrough, and leave HG to the end. =]

Yeah, I asked and it was ok. Im doing HG/SS last because I'm scared of Red :P

First minutes of Ruby:
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

Last edited:

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I'm doing itlastbecause I did a monotype in it really recently, and I haven't played Emerald for years.

I tested out Emerald on an emulatator, and I got up to 700% speed. xD

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • I'm doing itlastbecause I did a monotype in it really recently, and I haven't played Emerald for years.

I tested out Emerald on an emulatator, and I got up to 700% speed. xD

Yeah, I just finished a dark monotype on it too.

I was getting about 800% for Ruby so I have to put the throttle on it :P

If your using VBA just go to:
    Options>Frame Skip>Throttle>100%

That should fix it ;)

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Oh no, it wasn't always like that, it was because I changed the settings. xD

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Oh right, I get it xD

At least it wont be running slow :P

Edit: Battle vs Roxanne
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

Last edited:

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I beat green! My LeafGreen challenge is over. Onto Emerald!

(btw, all of the gym leader were easy.)

Greens Blastiose was evil, as Hydro Pump kept hitting, but once I killed that, he was easy.

Dante the Charizard
    Level 72

Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Flamethrower
    Aerial Ace

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    ooh, rivals. xD

nah, I'm doing emerald because it was the first rom I found out of the ruby/sapphire/emerald games. xD

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Battle vs Brawly
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

Yeaaaahh....Not exactly what you'd call difficult :P

I should point out that this is the first time i've played the Hoenn region :P

I didn't really use the internet back when it was released and had no idea it came out :P

I just thought i'd point that out as I might end up getting lost somewhere ;)

Im not going to bother taking screencaps of my battle with Watson as it would probably take 100 pics.
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

^^^Heres a screencap of my predicament :P

Edit:
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

Heres a better one :(

Edit: FINALLY defeated him. Have to find a HM slave for rock smash :P

Last edited:

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
    Years
  • Defiantly missing the speed up button for Heart Gold

Name: Kendrix

Log:

I don't know how I got her, but I'm in Johto. I think it must have something to do with my encounter in Cerulean Cave, but I'm not exactly sure. The only was to be certain is to get Almia and check it out, unfortunately she is nowhere in sight.

Without warning I am called to Professor Elm's office, and after a bit of discussion realize that I'm at least three years in the future. Apparently over the time skip I've moved to Johto, and become Professor Elm's best lab assistant. The professor wants me to get a pokemon egg from Mr. Pokemon (what kind of name is that) and deliver it to him. He gives me a Cyndaquil for the task, since for some reason I haven't seen Almia, and he doesn't know of her.

Although the task takes a while, I do eventually get to Mr. Pokémon's house, but no before getting a bunch of items along the way. I meet with Professor Oak, while at Mr. Pokémon's house, and he gives me the new a new Pokedex, which he says can identify Almia and other pokemon in Johto.

After resting up, I get the egg and start heading back to the lab, when I get a phone call saying that one of the starters was stolen. I didn't think too much of it at first, until I was challenged by this red hair guy with a Totodile. I won, but he pretty much made it clear that he stole that pokemon.

When I returned a police officer accused me of stealing the pokemon because, according to the 'rules', a criminal always return to the scene of the crime. Eventually things got sorted out when, some girl called Lyra, came to my defense. I then gave the egg to Elm, and after starting in disbelief, he said that I should try taking on the gyms in Johto. I accepted his proposal, and after asking my mom to save my money, I headed out.

As soon I left town, I saw Almia just floating there waiting for me. She looked a lot weaker than when I last saw her, and after I returned her into her poke ball I soon found out why. For some reason she could only attack with Psywave, and other than that growl.

I will summarize what I did after, since it's not that important:

- Beat all trainers on my way to Violet City. (Not as easy as it sounds despite the fact that Almia is a ghost type).

-Deposited Cyndaquil (since he won't be that useful anymore)
    - Beat everyone in the Sprout Tower and got the TM for Flash
    - Almia relearned how to Astonish her foes.
    - Almia eventually relearned how to use her Spite attack.

Vs Falkner :

The battle against Falkner wasn't that bad (although it defiantly wasn't easy).I had to rely on the semi inaccurate and unpredictable Psywave, since Ghost move don't hit part normal pokemon. Pidgey was a pain (since because it couldn't hit me, it decided just to spam Sand Attack) but eventually I got lucky and Koed it with Psywave. I switched to Cyndaquil as soon as Pidgeotto came (to get rid off all the sand attacks) and considered using Smoke Screen, but just decided against it and switched Almia back into the battle. Using Spite I eventually made his Pidgeotto run out of PP for Roost and after that there was no way I could loose.

- Got Zephyr Badge and the TM for Roost
    - Got Togepi egg from Elm
    - Found a Shiny leaf and gave it to Almia
    - Almia learnt Confuse Ray
    - Eventually reached Azalea Town, by going through Union Cave.
    - Ran Team Rocket out of Slowpoke Well
    - Prepared myself for the battle against Bugsy by beating Roark.

Vs Bugsy:

My second gym badge wasn't as bad as my first, spammed Astonish on Scyther until it switched out using U Turn (the only move that could damage Almia). Beat both Metapod and Kakuna with my Psywave and Confuse Ray combo, which left a weaken Scyther against Almia, who had full health. A couple of Astonishes and the battle was over in no time.

For my efforts I got the Hive Badge, the Tm for u Turn (useless) and a couple of pokeballs from Kurt that I will pick up when I'm leaving this Town .

Pokemon:

Almia (Misdreavus) F lvl 21

=>Psywave
    =>Confuse Ray
    =>Spite
    => Astonish

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    I beat Roxanne and Brawly. I had to grind to level 22 to beat Roxanne, but Brawly was easy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back