• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick Hunter Zero

What Am I Fighting For?
Years
  • FFFFFFFFFFF....
    My videos never work. >:(
    Okay...
    vs Norman
    All i did was metal claw all the way, lol.
    vs Winona
    I thought I would have trouble with Altaria's Earthquake. It only did 21 hp damage :) I Rock Tombed the entire gym.

I really like Meteor's moveset. Congrats on taking out that annoying Earthquake user, and I hope your videos start working again so we can watch your updates!

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • yeah, i know. Metang is probably the strongest NFE in the game. Im still working on it, but i hope I can get the videos to work.
    Video vs Liza & Tate is up, I used hypercam instead of the VBA recorder, it works. Can anyone say, easiest Gym battle ever?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
    Years
  • Here's Wallace's battle. My Meteor has the exact same moveset as the last game,
    Brick Break
    Psychic
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    (Enjoying your updates, Zero)
    Oh yeah and im leaving on 2 weeks vacation tomorrow, so ill try to finish Sapphire tonight.
    Spoiler:

Edit: I discovered the Hypercam makes video recording MUCH faster, and the E4 has been successfully compacted in one video. Yay! Video's here soon...
    Oh yeah, i beat Sapphire btw. Next game is Platinum, but i wont be starting anytime soon. See ya two weeks!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Ok so I continued Crystal. Bugsy wasnt difficult with Scratch critting nearly all the time. Luckily I got my Rival to get Totodile (I replaced Cynda with Kabuto with hacking) and Absorb defeated Toto. The major problem was Gastly. Immunity to Scratch, Harden and Leer doing nothing and resistance to Absorb. Still, with Absorb crits, I came on top. I defeated Whitney but got Rollout prior to her to improve Kabuto's bad moveset. I miss Rock Slide :(. Did stuff, got Rock Smash, taught it to Kabuto. Defeated Rival, Rollout <3. Morty was easy with Rollout being awesome again. Got Surf, taught it to Kabuto. I miss Brick Break and Aerial Ace here as well...
    Caught Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage. Went to Olivine, taught Red Gyarados Strength. Went to Goldenrod, as its a Sunday got Return and taught it to Kabuto who is level 39, one away from Kabutops! Kabuto has Surf, Return, awesome Rollout which is awesome and Rock Smash. Met Jasmine atop Lighthouse. Surfed to Cianwood, en route where Kabuto evolved into an awesome Kabutops! Defeated Chuck, Surfed him away and Return took care of Poliwrath. Got Fly, taught it to a Pidgey I caught earlier, got Secretpotion. Gave Secretpotion to Jasmine. Surf was awesome again and OHKO'd all of Jasmine's three pokemon. I went to Mahogany, met Lance, went into TR's base in Mahogany, cleaned 'em up without any problems. Defeated Pryce, Rollout being awesome YET again.
    Did the thing most hated by me about G/S/C: Radio Tower, Goldenrod Underground then Radio Tower yet again. Team Rocket is officially disbanded now, yay! Obtained the Hidden Power TM, its Hidden Power Ground, idk about the power. HP Ground is just what I wanted. Got through the second most hated thing by me about G/S/C aka Ice Path. Defeated Clair, I'm really not missing Rock Slide now as Rollout was badass YET again. Got the MasterBall from Elm, and saved. Sorry for the wall of text, I didn't get the time to update earlier on.

Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Kabutops @ nothing
    Level: 51
    Moveset:
    ~ Surf
    ~ Rollout
    ~ Hidden Power [Ground]
    ~ Return.

Maverick Hunter Zero

What Am I Fighting For?
    Years
  • Oh yeah and im leaving on 2 weeks vacation tomorrow, so ill try to finish Sapphire tonight.

Edit: I discovered the Hypercam makes video recording MUCH faster, and the E4 has been successfully compacted in one video. Yay! Video's here soon...
    Oh yeah, i beat Sapphire btw. Next game is Platinum, but i wont be starting anytime soon. See ya two weeks

Be waiting for your return and your continued updates! See ya!

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2011
    Update

Whoops wrong thread Stupid copy paste method!
    Any Way I never announced that I had started a Blazakin only challange. I finished that today as well as my mono challange on gold.

Last edited:

Maverick Hunter Zero

What Am I Fighting For?
    Years
  • I'm having TONS of trouble. I can't get a baby Mudkip over to FR from Ruby. How did you guys accomplish this?

Oh...thats right, the Network Machine isn't until One Island...Well, if you're using an emulator, hack him in as the first random you encounter and catch him. If you don't... then... I'm sorry, guess you'll have to wait till One Island :disappoin

As for my quest...

Zero And Savior vs The World!

Journey To Rock Mountain!!!
    ♫♪"Flash! Ahhhhhh!!"♫♪

Spoiler:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I did a lot today. Here is an update for everyone. I have obtained (thanks to the speed up button on vba) every badge! All 16 badges! I completed the Elite 4 the first time and my current team is
    Exeggutor
    Slowbro
    Girafarig
    all lv 62
    Xatu
    Kadabra
    Jynx
    all lv 63
    I will finish silver tomorrow.
    You sure you're in the right place? I think you're looking for the ultimate Monotype Challenge (hosted by Alakazam17)

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Defeated the E4, not too much of a problem.

Rollout 2HKOed the first Xatu and OHKOed Jynx. Slowbro too couldn't take a Rollout and so couldn't Exeggutor. Return followed by Surf killed the second Xatu. As the first Xatu had Psychic'd me and the second one had Quick Attack'd, I got some damage done on Kabutops which was healed with a Hyper Potion I bought earlier.

Next was Koga. Ariados was OHKOed by a Rollout. Muk was 2HKOed by a Rollout and managed to hit me with Sludge Bomb, which didnt do much. Forretress was OHKOed with a Rollout and so was Venomoth. One Return meant the end of Crobat and Koga. Healed the Sludge Bomb from Muk with a Hyper Potion.

Bruno was really easy like every time. Though I cant use Rollout vs him as every pokemon of his resist it, he was still easy. Return, Return, Return, Surf, and two Returns meant the end of him. Dumb Machamp used Foresight on me, instead of a dangerous fighting move.

Karen was the toughest of E4+Lance imo. That damn Umbreon.. I first up Rollouted it, it used Sand-Attack. Rollout missed, it used Faint Attack. Rollout missed, it used Faint Attack. I switch in slave Pidgey who dies with a Faint Attack. I switch in slave Gyarados, who helps me get Kabutops to full health but dies. I Return, he Faint Attacks again, I Return, that damn Umbreon dies. Now I can Rollout without fear :D.
    She sents out Vileplume. I use Rollout, and that Vileplume survives and Petal Dances me to 3 HP. Wow, Kabutops barely survived that, phew. Another Rollout killed Vileplume. Now nothing can survive a Rollout :P. Murkrow, Gengar and Houndoom died to Rollouts as expected. Healed up with a Full Restore.

Lance was a joke. Easier than Bruno. Rollout says sup dude. Gyarados was OHKO'ed with a crit Rollout. Dragonite #1 was OHKOed by Rollout. Dragonite #2 was OHKO'ed by Rollout. Aerodactyl was OHKO'ed by Rollout. Dragonite #3 was OHKOed by Rollout as well. My Rollout ended, but Kabutops OHKOed Charizard with Surf.

Got the ticket for SS Aqua, and about to sail to Kanto again!

Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Kabutops @ nothing
    Level: 56
    Moveset:
    ~ Rollout
    ~ Return
    ~ Surf
    ~ Hidden Power.

Ezashin Koori

Cold Steel Wing Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    Sorry for the serious delay of updates

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
    Years
  • Oh, Legendary Squirtle, I thoroughly enjoy reading your updates. Keep it up!

Thanks, yours are really good as well

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Kendrix

Log:

When I arrived at the lab, back in New Bark Town, Professor Elm was standing with his hands crossed and a slight look of anger on his face. Apparently he was a bit upset when I didn't tell him that the Egg he gave hatched (I kinda forgot too call him) but it didn't last too long since I told him that my parents had the Togepi and that he could visit it if he wanted to. After that he told me the real reason he called me here, to give me a Master Ball (another one to add to my collection) and to tell me that the Kimono Girls wanted to see me in Ecruteak City.

I arrived at Ecruteak about an half an hour later, and easily found the Dance Theater. To my surprised was 5 identical looking girls were standing on the stage. After a brief explanation (basically I had helped each one of them of various occasions) I was challenged to 5 battles one after another. Almia eventually prevailed and they finally decided to explain what was going on.

I won't go into to detail here, but I had something to do with me being a pure hearted trainer and only raising one pokemon. They then urged me to follow them to the top of this really huge tower and started to perform some dance. The lights all around the tower started to flicker in tune with the dance they were performing and without warning a large phoenix like bird came flying at full speed towards me.

It only stopped a few feet in front of me, causing me to stumble backwards and roared. Almia took that as a challenge and the battle between her and Ho-oh (I had looked it up in my dex) began. The battle was unlike anything I have ever witnessed and due to the bright sunlight that blanked the sky upon its arrival I couldn't really command my pokemon.

Almia eventually came out victorious (thanks to Ho-oh's X4 Weakness to Rock) but not before taking massive damage and a burn from a Sunny Day boosted Sacred Fire. It was a good thing Almia was smart enough to Spite that away, cause that would have caused major problems.

After seeing my strength Ho-oh allowed me to ride on his back, and flew me all the way to the Pokemon League. He then healed Almia and nodded his head (wishing me good luck, I guess) and flew away.

With nothing left to do, I bought about a dozen Full Restores and challenged the League hoping to add to my title as the Champion of Kanto and Johto.

Will – Both of his Xatu and his Jynx fell to Almia's Power Gem. The rest of his pokemon fell to her Shadow Ball. Almia escaped without a scratch.

Koga – His Ariados and Muk fell to Psybeam, while his Crobat and Venomoth both couldn't stand up to Power Gem. His last pokemon Forretress was a bit trickier to take down, but after Almia's Spite reduced the PP for Protect to 0, it was easy pickings.

Bruno – Bruno has the distinct honor of being the first of the Elite four to hurt Almia. All his Hitmons and his Machamp was eventually Koed by Psybeam, but to before Hitmonchan hit Almia with his Ice punch. His Onix was Ohkoed with Shadow Ball.

Karen – First off let me say that Karen is the most annoying member of the Elite Four for one reason, Umbreon. I took forever to defeat it as it was naturally bulky, and was spamming double teams and Confuse Rays like nobodies business. Eventually I managed to ko that pokemon and just in time too (Almia had almost run out of pp for Shadow Ball). Everything else she could throw at me went down in one hit thanks to Almia's various moves.

Lance – I knew that lance was going to be tough, since I didn't have the moves I did when I beat him 3 years ago, so I healed Almia and resorted the pp for all her moves. His first pokemon was Gyarados who fell to Power Gem, but not before dealing damage with its Waterfall. Next was Charizard and I kinda underestimated him and Healed Almia. Unfortunately that Fire / Flying pokemon knew Shadow Claw and did even more damage than Lance's first pokemon did.

It fell to Almia's Power Gem next turn though and I healed her when Lance's next pokemon came out. Aerodactyl was knocked out by Almia's Shadow ball and then that's when the battle took a turn for the worst for me. His next pokemon was his strongest Dragonite who started the battle with Outrage.

If you remember the battle 3 years ago, then you would have remembered what I did with Mimic, but due to the fact that Almia forgot all her moves, I couldn't use that strategy again. I was forced to play defensive (use Full Restores like crazy) until such time that his Dragonite actually hurt itself in it's rampage (which is not as often as you would think). I did get lucky and eventually that Dragonite when down with Power Gem.

His next two pokemon were equally annoying as they were both Dragonites and both constantly used Dragon Rush, which is very powerful but has a chance to miss. Of course my opponent being Lance he hit Almia way more often than he should have. Eventually Almia managed to get a couple of good shots of Power Gem in securing me the win.

I was then ambushed by Professor Oak (who had nothing but praises for me) and a lady who wanted to talk to the new champion. I gave her a brief interview, knowing that that along with the battle would be broadcasted to every TV in both regions. I then went into the Hall Of Fame and after glancing left, just to confirm my suspicions that no one had entered the room after I did, three years ago, me and Almia in the Hall Of Fame again.

Since then the phone app on my Pokegear has been ringing none stop, as everyone wanted to speak to me, the new champion of Johto.

Unfortunately for me, I don't think my journey is over yet. I was just informed that Professor Elm wants to see me in his lab.

Pokemon:

Almia (Misdreavus) F lvl 71

=>Psybeam
    =>Power Gem
    =>Spite
    =>Shadow Ball

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Last edited:

Crimmage

Geekworm Sludge
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    New quick update:

Found Steven, went to Slateport, crushed May. Had A LOT OF TROUBLE with Watson (Grimer having to resort to minimize spam, then screech/pounding with a lot of potions involved)
    -Beat Wally before that
    -Crushed Team Magma and returned the meteorite.
    -Crushed Normal

MUK Female
    Level 41
    HP: 148
    Attack: 116
    Defense: 65
    Special Attack: 75
    Special Defense: 101
    Speed: 64

Moves: Sludge, Secret Power, Shock Wave, Minimize

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Yeah, I don't care if you use hacks, as long as they are the same difficulty or harder. Don't want any easy shiz going down.

Crimmage

Geekworm Sludge
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    games are pretty simple anyways, doing it with one pokemon. occassionally you'll run into a type that's immune to your moves or whatever, but your overwhelming levels will probably succeed anyways xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back