• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2010
    No more videos from me its taking up to much space on my computer but..

Wahooo Champion

myrrhmann but me on the challenger list please

Ultimate Solo Challenge

But moving onto Crystal and I will have screenshots

Last edited:

soulkaze

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2013
    Beldum Solo Run Fr-2

I battled my Rival Green, he went home crying, again. Then I went up Nugget Bridge, at the end, some dude gave me a nugget, then tried to recruit me to that loony gang, team rocket. I said no *****, then we battled, he lost, then went emo right then and there. I keeped on going, I battled some losers, then I reached a house in the middle of no-where.
    Their was some dude that was a pokemon, I dont wanna know what he does with them (poke-beastiality). I told him if he doesnt want me to spread it around, to give me something. So, he gave me a boat ticket. Before I left Cerulean City, I battled the Gym. Misty was their leader, and damn she was sexy (jk, hentai is bad), and she was also a horrible trainer.
    She gave me a badge,that made two. I went threw some house, and beat another team rocket pansy. He gave me the tm dig. Then my sis gave me a creamsicle (yum, and yes that actually happened in real life).
    I went down, to some border, but the guard was being a dick since he was thirsty. So I went threw some underground path thingy. Once I reached the other side, I went down, fought some kids, and caught a meowth(slave). I trained for a bit on the ship that the poke-beastiality guy gave me a ticket for. Then, one the way to the Captains quarters, I battle Green, were he got beat, again. Soul 3, Green 0. I helped the captain, he was just a lil too sea sick, that he pucked out his guts, so I stole the hm cut from him, taught it to Moewth, then went one to the Gym. It wreeked in there, the puzzle was from buttons in garbage cans.
    So, I left went to the PokeMart, and bought some purelle. I went back to the gym, beat the leader, Lt. Surge, He sucked, like all the trainers I've faced so far. I was about to leave the town, whe one of pervy Oak's assistants talk to me. He told me to go see one of his collegues on route 2, so I went their, He told me to get 10 kinds of Pokemon if i wanted hm 5, Flash. What a dick, I mean, this is an ultimate solo challenge, not a catch 10 pokemon challenge. So I wasted time on catching 10 **** pokemon. Once I completed that, I went threw digglet cave (I hate that place), and headed to Rock Tunnel...
    Metang lvl 35
    learnset : Confusion, Take Down, Metal Claw and Pursuit

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • Woke up, went looking for this Prof. Oak guy, and it turns out that he found me just as I was about to go looking for him on Route 1. Says some things about wild Pokémon and danger, then he drags me into his sex chamber I mean lab.

There he tells me he's gonna give me a Pokémon, and some guy named Green is impatient, and apparently Oak's grandson. Poor guy. But I had to hold my laughter at his name. Went to choose a Pokémon, came to the one in the middle. Oak said it was a Squirtle, but the tag said Beldum. Note to self- Oak is senile. Anyway, I decided to choose it, nicknamed it Psycho cause it said it was a Psychic type. Grass-head chose a Bulbasaur. Makes sense, tries everything he can to justify his name.

Went to leave, but Lime Boy stops me, saying "Battle me, I want attention!" I agree, and kick his butt without trying. Turns out, Psycho is also Steel type. Sweet.

Anyway, Limey (I think I'll call him that from now on) muttered something about choosing the wrong Pokémon and ran off to cut himself. I decide to leave then, too.

Headed up to Viridian city, and got turned back by another old man, presumably senile, because he claims that it's 'private property'. I'm beginning to think all old men in Kanto are senile. Hit the mart up to see if there are some Potions or Poké Balls (gonna need an HM slave or two sometime), and some dude tells me to deliver a package to Oak just cause I came from Pallet. I think he's just lazy.

I walked back to Pallet, delivered the parcel thing, and Oak said he had something for me. At first, I was frightened; I had seen this kind of thing on those cop shows. But then Limey showed up, so I decided that if things went bad, I'd hide behind him.

Luckily, Oak gave us PokéDexes instead. I think he gave me one with an upgrade on accident, though; mine had an extra light on it than Limey's. But neither of them seemed to care, so I just went along with it. Then Limey tried acting all tough, which failed miserably, and said something about getting a map from his sister.

I stopped in at his house, just cause he told me not to, and this girl named Daisy, I'm guessing his sister, gave me a Town Map. Kinda handy. She seemed like a nice girl. It's hard to think that she's related to Limey. And Oak. *shivers*

Moving on, went back up to Viridian, grabbing a free Potion on the way, and decided to go do some level grinding. I was getting tired of Take Down. I needed a new move. However, I soon found that Beldum won't learn a new move for a long time. I was beginning to regret my choice.

I still went on, though. Going back to Oak and asking for a different Pokémon was equivalent to quitting, and there was no way I'd do that. Besides, me and Psycho were gaining a special bond. He even pulled a little prank on me, the naughty Pokémon did! It's like we're a perfect match.

That old guy who blocked our way earlier taught us to catch Pokémon, then gave us some weird TV thing. I got out of his line of sight and tossed it into the nearest dumpster.

I went to Route 22 and trained there. Psycho got up to level 12, but still no new moves. His Take Down was spot on almost every time, though. The recoil damage he was taking looked brutal, but he toughed through it.

Tried to take on Viridian's Gym, but the doors were locked. Apparently the leader is a constant no show. Wuss.

Pushed north to the Viridian Forest, and found that it was crawling with bugs. Fortunately, they don't stand up well against steel. All the trainers there were pushovers. Hooray for steel's resistance to poison types.

Anyway, we emerged easily on the other side and headed into Pewter. After healing up, we explored a bit. Not much to do besides a museum and the Gym, which was open, unlike Viridian's. But upon seeing that is was a Rock Type Gym, I realized that I'd need more than just Take Down to win. It was time to train even more.

Current status:
    Beldum/Psycho
    Lvl. 14
    Nature: Naughty
    Moves: Take Down
    Ability: Clear Body

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2014
    Hi, i'm obviously new here, and i wanted to try this challenge out.

After much contemplation, i decided to run with Exeggcute/Exeggutor.

Also, if i for example have a level 70 pokemon when i beat a game, i'm assuming i'll have to catch a new one when i start on another game?

Thanks, i'll post an update later.

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • Kanto Log 2

HOLY CRAP I HATE BUG TYPE POKéMON NOW. Training in Viridian Forest is
    like a nightmare. Thank Arceus I had my Tune HD with me. Music makes
    the time pass a little faster. I gotta wonder how Psycho survived all
    that training, though. Maybe he really IS psycho...

But that's not the point right now. While we were training, Psycho
    finally evolved into a Metang! The nightmare turned into a dream at that
    moment. He learned Confusion AND Metal Claw. I was in heaven. He was
    feeling pretty good too, I could tell from his eyes. He was exploring
    his new arms, and he ended up accidentally putting a hole in a tree.

After he evolved, we were confident that we were ready to take on Brock.
    We went in, pushed the trainer aside with ease, and got face to face with
    the Gym Leader himself. He scoffed that all I had was one Pokémon. It
    seems that everyone is obsessed with having multiple Pokémon. But Psycho
    is all I need. I vowed from then on to show everyone that you could do
    amazing things with only one Pokémon.

When I took out both Brock's Geodude and Onix with one hit to each, his
    expression changed. Big time. His mouth was on the floor and his eyes
    were actually open! I had to stop myself from laughing. Psycho chuckled
    a bit, as well.

After he got over the shock, he gave us the Boulder Badge and his
    personal favorite TM, Rock Tomb. So with those two things in hand, we
    headed to the Pokémon Center, then to the east and Route 3.

Before we left, however, one of Oak's Aides stopped me and gave me some
    running shoes from my mom. I'm not sure how having a set of shoes
    changes whether or not I can run, but it did.

On Route 3, I was confronted by a multitude of trainers. One thought I
    was looking at her weird, another was obsessed with his shorts, and yet
    another said something was wrong with me for NOT wearing shorts at all
    times. And then there was this one chick who freaked out when she
    thought I touched her, then got all disappointed and said "That's it?"
    when I beat her, as if she expected me to do something else to her. Why
    is everyone in Kanto a nut job?

But I digress. After reaching the PokéCenter on Route 4, I healed up.
    While I was there, some guy offered me a Magikarp for 500 Yen-Bucks. I
    obviously said no. I wasn't gonna give up my goal of beating everyone
    with just Psycho. From there, I went straight into Mt. Moon.

From the first step, I noticed how many Zubats there were. They were
    gonna get real annoying real fast. To make matters worse, the first sign
    I saw said that Zubats are blood-suckers. Great.

As I went further into the cave, I found a Rare Candy, which I stored
    away for later. Then I ran into a girl who said to me these exact words.
    "Wow! It's even bigger than I thought!" It took all of my strength to
    keep from saying "That's what she said."

I climbed down the ladders into the lower part of the cave and had my
    first run in with "Team Rocket". What a bunch of weirdos. One of them
    even claimed that they were gangsters. I wonder if they listen to rap
    24/7 and get off while watching people vandalize stuff.

Psycho put those goons in their place, and I kept going further into the
    cave. I ran into one guy who was raving about fossils like he was
    insane, then he challenged me to a battle over the fossils. Truthfully,
    I didn't want either, but I won't turn down a battle. After kicking his
    arse, I grabbed one of the fossils, and he took the other. I think I
    chose the Dome Fossil, I can't quite remember what he called it.

After taking the fossil, I climbed up some ladders and wound up outside,
    on the other side of Route 4. The first person I saw wanted to teach my
    Pokémon Mega Punch. Unfortunately, Psycho didn't really want to learn
    it, and we turned him down.

We walked east a bit more and came to Cerulean City. It seemed that
    while I was in the PokéCenter, everyone was yammering about some guy
    named Bill. I put him on my list of people to see.

But first, I needed to check out the Gym. Upon entering, I could tell
    the leader would use water types. Not too hard to deduce, since the Gym
    was basically a huge swimming pool. The Gym Leader, Misty, was kinda
    difficult. Her Staryu was simple, just two Confusions took it down. Her
    Starmie, however, was tougher. I had to use Take Down to finish it off.

The first one missed, but the second one hit it right on it's
    ruby/diamond/gem thing and went critical. She gave me the Cascade Badge
    and the Water Pulse TM. Two down, six to go.

I left the gym, healed up, and gathered that Bill lived north of Cerulean
    City. As I was leaving, Limey decided to show up. He had this "I'm so
    tough" act going on, but it was only because he had four Pokémon. He was
    still an emo attention *****.

After I destroyed his team (which was pretty lame, he had a Rattata and
    an Abra, and his Bulbasaur wasn't even evolved, though it was at level
    18), he ran off again, but he came back, called me a chatty gossip, and
    gave me a Fame Checker. He said he didn't need it cause he doesn't give
    a hoot about others, but as he walked away, I saw another one attached to
    his belt. What a liar.

Anyway, I'm gonna end the log here, next time I'll hit this Bill's place
    and figure out where the next Gym is.

Metang/Psycho
    Lvl. 26
    Metal Claw
    Confusion
    Scary Face

Last edited:

soulkaze

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2013
    I forgot to continyu logging my game (ooops), but I finnaly beat Green, and became pokemon champ. I have attached a pic of my pokemon i used
    Metagross is my Solo Runner, meowth, Lapras and pidgey are my slaves.

I will now go onto pokemon Sapphire with Beldum, I will be keeping more attention to logging from now on.

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • Kanto Log 3

Well, after healing Psycho, we continued north and wound up on this long bridge thing. The trainers there called it the Nugget Bridge, and said that if I beat all of them, I'd get a Nugget of gold. Which was pretty sweet.

I destroyed all of them, and a sixth guy at the end gave me the Nugget. But then he tried to recruit me to Team Rocket, which was NOT on my agenda of things to do. He challenged me to a battle, which was the stupidest thing he'd ever done other than joining Team Rocket, because he just saw how I beat those five trainers in a row. Needless to say, he lost.

The next part of the path, Route 25 I believe it was, was like a hedge maze with trainers at every corner. It was some of the best training Psycho got in a while. I finally made it out to this cape area, where a lone cottage stood with a sign in front that said "Seaside Cottage; Bill Lives Here!" How subtle.

I went in, but it looked like nobody was home. There was a computer displaying TELEPORTER on it, and two huge pods connected by a large pipe/cord. The only living thing in the room was a Clefairy. I went over to it, and I swear to Mew, it TALKED to me.

It claimed to be Bill, but I was skeptical. It said when it gets in one of the pods to hit something on the computer, then it stepped into the pod. I went to the computer, scanned it, decided that I had no idea what-so-ever of what I was doing, and hit a few buttons at random. Suddenly the pod thing whirred to life, a green light flashed, and a human came out the other pod entry.

The guy said he was Bill, and he thanked me for helping him by giving me a ticket to the S.S. Anne in Vermilion City. He said there were trainers there, so I said what the heck, I might as well go.

I noticed that some cop was standing outside a house, and he told me that the people here had been robbed. So I went in to check it out. Dunno why, I just did.

Inside, there were obvious signs of robbery: footprints, broken things, and a huge hole in the wall. Out of which, I saw a guy with a big R on his chest. Team Rocket, of course they had something to do with this. I went out and confronted the guy, beat his Pokémon to a pulp, and got TM 28, Dig. I went to return it to the guy, but he said it was mine to keep.

I traveled south, and tried to go through Saffron to get to Vermillion, but some thirsty guard turned me back. I had to use the tunnel underground to get around Saffron. On the other side, I battled a few trainers and won easily. Psycho and I were gaining a real bond.

I arrived in Vermilion City and promptly went to the PokéCenter to heal up. Some lady in there gave me a VS Seeker, which I thought might come in handy. I explored the town, and found out that the Gym was inaccessible unless I got the HM Cut. So I went to the S.S. Anne instead to kill some time and train a bit.

Not every person there wanted to battle, but there were quite a few. I met an angry gentleman, a pair of gay sailors, and some seasick dude. As I explored, I ran into Limey again. He bragged about how many Pokémon he caught, then challenged me. I took him down with ease. I swear, he's full of hot air. All talk, no walk.

After winning, he told me that the captain had the Cut HM, so I headed up there. But it turned out that the poor guy was seasick himself. I helped him get over it, but only cause I needed that Cut HM. After he gave it to me, I heard him say that the ship would be leaving soon, so I headed off. Not a moment after stepping onto the dock, the ship pulled away. He really meant soon.

I went out to catch something that could learn Cut and came back with an Oddish. I headed into the Gym, and found out that I'd have to find two switches to get to the leader. In trash cans. Oh boy, dumpster diving.

I decided to start with the trainers, beating each of them off easily. Then, I hit the trash cans. Remember how I said I hate Bug types earlier? Well, I found something I hate more than them. Hidden switches.

After finding both switches, I got through the gate and up to the Gym Leader, Lt. Surge. He called me a little kid, said I don't belong in a dangerous place like this, and overall underestimated me. What a punk.

I hit his Voltorb with Confusion, then he used a Super Potion on it, then I used another Confusion on it, then one more to take it down. His Pikachu was next, but it was an OHKO with Confusion. His Raichu was last, though not too hard. I hit it with Confusion, and it got, surprise surprise, confused. Then it hit itself in its confusion, and I used Confusion again, right after Lt. Surge used a Full Heal. One more Confusion and it went down. Psycho beat his Pokémon without taking a single point of damage. We are awesome.

Lt. Surge granted me the Thunder Badge, and TM 34, Shock Wave. I gotta say, today was a pretty good day.

Metang/Psycho
    Lvl. 34
    Metal Claw
    Confusion
    Pursuit

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2010
    Started Crystal.
    Had to grind to level 17 to get aurora beam so I could super effect hit the Bellsprouts and Flying type.
    Beat Folkner with ease!
    Beat Sprouts with ease!

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
    Years
  • Name: Kendrix

Log:

The battle for my seventh badge took me to Seaform Island because, according to Professor Oak, the Cinnabar Island Volcano had erupted while I was gone. He assured me that everyone got off the island safely and that Blaine had set up the gym in one of the caves of the Seaform Islands. On my way there I passed by Cinnabar and saw Arkrus (he now calls himself Blue for some reason) just relaxing on the beach. We exchanged a few words, which consisted of how much he trained and that he was the leader of the Viridian City Gym. He then said that I should get by seventh badge first because he wanted to fight me at my best.

I eventually made it to the gym and challenged Blaine to a battle. The battle itself was rather short as Almia knocked out both his Rapidash and Magmar in one hit with Power Gem. His Marcargo was a bit more difficult to take down, but it was nothing Almia couldn't handle with her Shadow Ball. With the battle one and my new badge in had I headed to Viridian to battle Arkrus (Blue) Oak, for my last badge.

The battle against my old rival was almost like the one three years ago for the title of League Champion. Almia's moves set allowed her the flexibility of hitting almost all of his pokemon with a move that it super effective against them. His Pidgeot, Arcanine and Gyarados fell to Power Gem in a matter of minute. His next tow pokemon Executor and Rhydon fell to Almia's Shadow Ball in a couple of hits, leaving him with just one pokemon ten minutes into the match. His last pokemon was Machamp and as you probably guess it fell to Psychic, earning my last badge.

This battle however was just a warm up compared to the one I would have faced later. You see Prof. Oak wanted me to check out Mt Silver as he was told that some machine at the Poke Center near their was picking up some wired interference. I eventually arrived there and started to explore the nearby caves, as this was the only place that the interference could be coming from.

At the very top of the mountain I found this trainer. He looked exactly like me except that he was wearing the wearing the exact outfit I wore three years ago. I asked him what he was going up here and more importantly why he looked like me, but he said nothing. Without warning he sent out his Pikachu and the battle between the two of us began.

I knew that Almia needed a power boost to beat this Trainer, so I gave her a Choice Specs and hoped that I wouldn't have to switch to my other pokemon (the ones I've been using just to get around). Almia managed to knock out the Pikachu in one hit, giving me the early advantage. It was then I noticed the hail falling, and I knew this would be my toughest battle ever.

His next pokemon was a Snorlax, and boy did it give Almia a run for her money. I switched in my Snorlax (in order to Almia a chance to use another move) before he could complete his switch. He then fired off a Blizzard on my Snorlax, and I was forced to withdraw it. I switched back in Almia, but she got knocked out by his Shadow Ball (Almia only managed to damage it a bit with Psychic).

I could describe everything that happened between me and the Snorlax, but less just say that I had to revive Almia twice and that he used a Full Restore on that huge beast. Eventually I managed to KO it, but not before Almia took a substance amount of damage.

His next pokemon was Charazard, and I had to withdraw Almia to heal her and give her the opportunity to change her moves. His Charazard hit my lax with an Air Slash but didn't manage to KO it, giving me the opportunity to heal Almia. Once that was done Almia went back in and with one Power Gem attack send that dragon like pokemon back to its trainer.

His next too pokemon were an extremely powerful Venasaur and a very defense oriented Blastoise. When he switched in Venasaur, Almia had to switch out for healing. My Krabby was Ohkoed by the opponent, but did give me enough time to fully heal Almia. When she came back in it took two Psychic attacks to almost finish it off. My opponent did use a Full Restore on the Venasaur but thanks to her speed Almia managed to knock it out before it could attack. His Blastoise was next and while it did manage to Ko Almia, it eventually fell when I used another pokemon to heal her and had Almia rain down Shadow Balls from above.

Lapras was his last pokemon and due to my previous encounters with ice pokemon I knew I had to once again withdraw Almia to change the move she was forced to use. His Lapras fell thanks to Almia's Power Gem, which netted me the victory.

This win felt rather odd though, because he didn't say anything. He just kind of disappeared into thin air, almost as if he was there just to test me. With nothing else to do and no reason to stay I headed back to the Poke Center at the base of the mountain and healed my pokemon. I then headed off to Cindawood City to return the Shuckle I had been holding on to.

The guy was glad to have his Shuckle back and was sure that Roark wouldn't come back to Cindawood to take it. I then headed to Elm's lab in order to bring over the Togepi he so desperately wanted to see. When I arrived I was informed my Elm's assistance that Roark tried to return the starter that he stole but Elm decided to let him keep it (looks like his losses to me finally proved to him that my way of training is better).

This is where my story ends, or that's what I thought anyways. You see ever since Sabrina told me that I would be needed in Hoenn, I've been getting information about two 'teams' forming in the region. According to my contact these 'teams' are rivals and according to the rumors, that my contact has heard, one group wants to expand the land, the other wishes to expand the sea.

Based off of this information I've been receiving I decided to go to the Hoenn region. If anything else I can break up these teams before they get too big and start going to questionable means to achieve their goals.

Pokemon:

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Well that took a while, and yes I did go through the whole process of finding 5 Shiny Leaves just to get the crown.

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • Kanto Log 4

Well, after beating Lt. Surge, I found out that somebody is looking for me at Route 2. Problem is, I gotta go through some tunnel to get there. And Digletts are EVERYWHERE. Arena Trap is an annoying ability. I gotta start keeping a list of things I hate in Kanto.

But anyway, I traversed the long tunnel and came out on the other side to find this Aide guy who tells me he'll give me Flash. If I catch 10 Pokémon. Why is having a multitude of Pokémon so important to everyone here?

So I went and caught a bunch more Pokémon and went back to him to get Flash. Then I went back through hell I mean Diglett's Tunnel to Vermillion. I took the path to the east, defeated all the trainers, and found a gate house. Another of Oak's Aides was on the top floor, and he said he'd give me something if I had caught 30 Pokémon. I thought 'Screw that' and went on east.

However, a fat lard of a Pokémon was lying in my way. So I decided that I'd have to detour through Rock Tunnel to get to Lavender. Great, more tunnels. Man, I hate Kanto.

Before leaving Vermilion, I made sure to grab a Bike Voucher from some chatty weirdo. Hooray for my Tune HD, yet again. How he didn't notice me putting in my headphones is beyond me.

Anyway, after a long jog, I got back to Cerulean City, grabbed a bike from the shop, and hit the road to the east.

Trainers, trainers, trainers! They were everywhere on that path! Great training, though. I blasted through all of them without any trouble. Once at the PokéCenter at the entrance to Rock Tunnel, I healed, then found yet another Aide asking me to catch more Pokémon for an item. They're becoming a nuisance.

I just ignored him and went right into the tunnel. First thing I noticed was that I couldn't notice anything. It was pitch black. So I taught that Oddish from earlier Flash - which makes no sense, but oh well - and lit up that place in an instant.

I wandered through the dead ends and paths, battling the occasional trainer. Speaking of the trainers, they were almost all freaks. Many of them were all dressed up in Pokémon suits and one even quoted a video game. Another said he drew "illustrations" of Pokémon. Gotta be a furry, if you ask me.

Another weird event was when a hiker that I ran into challenged me to a battle by singing Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Bentar. And he couldn't even sing.

I finally made it to the other side and emerged in Lavender Town. It almost seemed haunted, with the huge, slightly spooky tower, the talk of ghosts and graveyards, and the color purple everywhere. Freaky.

But there was no Gym. So westward I went, after healing.

This Route was relatively simple, but the number of trainers present made it tougher. I got to have my first double battle, using Psycho and that Oddish. Psycho did most of the battling there, though. I also met a nerd named Leslie. And I'm not kidding, he introduced himself as Super Nerd Leslie. Poor guy, his parents must have hated him.

Continuing on, I traveled under Saffron again and emerged steps away from Celadon City. First guy I saw was Team Rocket, so I knew something was up. But I decided I'd hit the Gym first and get that out of the way. But before even that, some exploring.

I got some really hot tea from an old lady, but I really don't like tea, so I had no idea what to do with it. Then I saw a few sights, talked to a few people, and found the Gym. I headed out west quickly, where I went through the back of a gate house and found a secret building. The lady in there gave me HM 02 to keep me quiet about it. Which was great, because HM 02 is Fly, which I really need. I was getting tired of backtracking to places.

With Celadon City fully explored, I hit the Gym. There was some pervy old man standing outside the building, which was creepy. But in the Gym, there wasn't another guy to be found. Not even a Gym guide! All the trainers used Grass types, but most of them were part Poison type, so they were easy to beat using Confusion. When I got to Erika, she seemed a bit... easily distracted. But when she got the message that I wanted to battle, we began.

She started with a Victreebel, which went down with one Psychic. Her next Pokémon, a Tangela, went down with a Psychic as well. And lastly, her Vileplume went down in much the same way. One Psychic and gone. Easy.

So I grabbed the Rainbow Badge and the TM she gave me and walked out, my wallet bulging slightly from all the cash I got in the Gym. With that, I'll call it a day. Maybe I'll hit the slots tomorrow for a bit before heading to the next Gym. I hear Saffron has a Gym, but I wanna hit Fuchsia City first. I hear there's a killer zoo there.

Metang/Psycho
    Lvl. 44
    Moves: Psychic
    Metal Claw
    Confusion
    Pursuit

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2014
    I will do the challenge with horsea>seadra>kingdra and I will use FR/HG/E/Pt

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2010
    Got myself two more badges winnona was difficult it took me three times to beat her. Now I'm moving on to eurectickedcks whatever that city is called.

Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2014
    I chose squirtle as my starter and defeated my rival. Then, I went to Viridian City and got Oak's Parcel. I delivered it and I got pokeballs and the pokedex and used a gameshark to make a wild horsea appear.

I trained it to level 10 and beat my rival on route 22 on my second try (horsea only knew bubble and smoke screen), and bulbasaur's family are special walls.

Then, I traveled through viridian forest easily and reached pewter city, and i OHKOed brocks pokemon with bubble.

Right now I'm at Pewter City and my horsea is level 15.

Last edited:

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • Kanto Log 5

Wow, I covered a lot of ground today.

From the moment I woke up, I knew today would be a long one, but I had no idea it would be this long.

To start the day, I walked outside, bumped into a Team Rocket thug who was acting all paranoid about the Game Corner, telling me there was nothing fishy there at all. Which, of course, made me think there was quite a bit fishy there.

I headed inside, and it seemed normal. Old dudes blowing money on the slots, flashing lights all over, and the smell of smoke forcing its way into my nostrils. Just your average slots.

But there was some Team Rocket guy in the very back corner, 'guarding' a poster. Psycho forced this clown to run off in a panic in a very simple battle. Although the battle was plain, what happened afterwards wasn't. Psycho finally evolved into a Metagross! Which was pretty damn sweet, pardon my French.

However, his new found weight seemed to be too much for the floor, as he dropped through it, revealing a flight of stairs that had been hidden by some trapdoor. The look on his face was priceless.

A Rocket guarding that area and a trapdoor into an odd place? Definitely fishy.

Just as I suspected, the basement revealed a secret Team Rocket hideout. I had no clue what or why or even how they were there, but I had no time to figure it out. Me breaking in caused all the Grunts to be on their guards to catch me. But that wasn't happening any time soon, not with my newly evolved Psycho by my side. Who, by the way, was floating so as not to give us away (or break through any more floors).

Then we came to what I'm going to call the spinning floor tiles of death. Holy crap, those things were dizzying. Stepping on one forces you to slide in a set direction, all while spinning out of control. Yeesh.

Luckily for me, Psycho can float, and he's big enough for me to ride on top of him. Hell yeah.

After wandering up and down flights of stairs and kicking aside Rocket Grunts left and right, we came upon some guy blabbing about an elevator key. After kicking his pansy arse, he gave us the key we needed. Psycho and Me: 2; Team Rocket Setbacks: 0

I navigated to the elevator and went down to the bottom floor, where two Grunts guarded a thick steel door. After beating them, the door flew open, allowing me to get through to the boss, who came at me with full force.

His Onix was first, but easy to pick off. A claw of metal works wonders on rocks. His Kangaskhan started off with a Fake Out, which did next to nothing on Psycho, but it caused him to flinch. Next turn, however, a well placed Psychic took it right down. His last Pokémon, a Rhyhorn, went out the same way as the Onix.

After the battle, he somehow vanished into thin air and left behind some Silph Scope thing. I grabbed it and left.

After I exited the Game Corner, I grabbed a Pidgey, taught it Fly, and went back to Lavender Town, in hopes of getting to Fuchsia City. But people kept talking about the Pokémon Tower and how I should go check it out, so I went.

Climbing up the first flight of stairs, who should I see but the ever present, ever annoying Limey. Guess what happens next?

Pidgeotto was first, and was down with a Metal Claw in an instant. Next up was a Growlithe, who was also put down right away with Psychic. Following that was a Gyarados. Copy-paste the Growlithe battle here. After that was a Kadabra, who went down with a solid Pursuit. Lastly, his Ivysaur was out. A mere Confusion later and he was sent packing.

He ran off to cry and tell himself that he was tough while his master abused him sexually, and I went up further. It was now that I realized that I was surrounded by gravestones. And where there are graves, there are dead things. And not just all around me, but above AND below me too. Yipes.

What's weirder was that every single person in that tower ran up to me, either moaned or mumbled something about giving them my soul, and suddenly ghosts started flying out of them. It was like some poorly made horror movie.

But I wound my way upward to find some real ghost. However, the Silph Scope thing I got earlier activated and showed it to be a Marowak. I took the thing down with a solid Psychic, and it left, allowing me to climb the last flight of stairs.

Where I found even MORE Team Rocket goons. They're everywhere! Psycho flicked each one aside, and we found this old guy named Fuji who was standing up to the Rockets by himself. He commends us for beating them all, and leads us to his house. There, he hands us some flute that is supposed to wake up any sleeping Pokémon, like the one on Route 12. Which allows me to get to Fuchsia. Woot.

Speaking of Fuchsia, I'll just say this. The trip there is a LOOOOOOOOOONG walk. Dear Mew, it took forever and a half. It was a combination of four individual routes! First, a bunch of docks, complete with a lazy Snorlax (which I took out with ease). Then Route 13 and part of Route 14 was a maze of fences, and finally there was Route 15, which was just a long stretch of annoying.

Finally, Fuchsia City. And not a moment too soon, Psycho was getting tired of all the battles. And of carrying me around. I might be lazy, but if you had a Metagross, you'd probably use it instead of walking, too.

I could see the zoo easily, but I hit the PokéCenter first, and then explored the actual city a bit. Not much there besides some old coot who couldn't pronounce a thing. He had no teeth, so I guess he lost his dentures or something. And with the city scouted out, I hit the Gym.

And what a Gym it was. Invisible walls, another thing to add to my list of things I hate about Kanto. The other annoying thing about the Gym was the fact that even though the sign said Poison type Pokémon, almost all the Gym trainers used Psychic types. What?

But onto Koga. When I finally found him, he calls me a mere child. He sealed his fate right there. Koffing 1 went down with Confusion. Muk down to a Psychic. Koffing 2 fell after a Confusion. And Weezing was out cold after a Psychic.

And with the Soul Badge and TM 06 in hand, I turned to make a dramatic leave... by slamming head-first into another invisible wall. There goes all the dignity I had.

I decided afterwards to hit the zoo and maybe the Safari Zone. I heard there were some cool things to see out there. However, I was wrong. Just a bunch of trees, stretches of grass, and some exotic Pokémon. I did catch a few, but I still plan on only using Psycho.

Along the way, I found some Gold Teeth, which were kinda disgusting, but I had a hunch that they were that old man's. I also won some sort of contest and got HM o3, Surf. Score.

After my time in the Safari Zone was up, I headed to the old dude's house and handed him his dentures. He popped them in without even cleaning them. Now that's disgusting. Then he gave me the HM for Strength, which was also a pretty good score.

And that's all for today. I'll probably hit Saffron City tomorrow, so until then, peace out.

Metagross/Psycho
    Lvl. 58
    Moves: Meteor Mash
    Confusion
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball

List of things I hate about Kanto:
    Senile Old Men
    Bug Pokémon
    People obsessing over their shorts
    Limey
    Caves and Tunnels
    People blocking the way
    Detours
    Limey
    Hidden Switches
    Crazy people and cosplayers
    Possessed people
    LIMEY
    Team Rocket
    Spinning Tiles of Doom
    Long trails
    Mazes
    Invisible Walls
    False Advertising

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    Hello, I am going to do this challenge. I am going to use Aron's evolution tree (soo cute) and going to start with leaf green, then soul silver, then emerald, then Diamond. Ill have my first update in a hour or so <3 ill have pics and stuff

So I have started up my adventure with my Brave natured Aron. My rival Kene Took a charmander which may prove tiresome later on. I named Aron Virune, She is very cute like I thought she would be.

The high defense on Virune is nice, I like that she can take a scratch for 1 dmg a hit. Sadly Aron seems to need a much greater amount of exp to level up then other pokemon but it makes up in sheer defense and attack. Once Virune got to level 7 she learned mud-slap, I am quite happy about this damage accuracy debuff. I have not looked up anything about aron's move set so I will see how this goes.

The bug trainers were no match for Virune, the spammed string shot which did absolutely nothing to my poor Virune's 8 speed. They crunched under her steel body and helped her level quite a bit.

Sadly the unthinkable happened. Virune was out of powerpoints on both Tackle and Mudslap during a metapod battle.... 30 hardens later I finally beat it with Struggle. Took forever though. But Virune leveled to lvl 10 and learned Headbutt, Saved me from another struggle battle with the second higher level metapod.

I decided to hit the gym directly with my lvl 10 Virune, She did amazingly. Mudslap was SE against the rock types and only had problems on Onyx when it came down to Virune in the red and onyx fainting. Ran out of Mudslap and had to headbutt to victory.
    And thus I got the first badge <3 yay

So I have started up my adventure with my Brave natured Aron. My rival Kene Took a charmander which may prove tiresome later on. I named Aron Virune, She is very cute like I thought she would be.

The high defense on Virune is nice, I like that she can take a scratch for 1 dmg a hit. Sadly Aron seems to need a much greater amount of exp to level up then other pokemon but it makes up in sheer defense and attack. Once Virune got to level 7 she learned mud-slap, I am quite happy about this damage accuracy debuff. I have not looked up anything about aron's move set so I will see how this goes.

The bug trainers were no match for Virune, the spammed string shot which did absolutely nothing to my poor Virune's 8 speed. They crunched under her steel body and helped her level quite a bit.

Sadly the unthinkable happened. Virune was out of powerpoints on both Tackle and Mudslap during a metapod battle.... 30 hardens later I finally beat it with Struggle. Took forever though. But Virune leveled to lvl 10 and learned Headbutt, Saved me from another struggle battle with the second higher level metapod.

I decided to hit the gym directly with my lvl 10 Virune, She did amazingly. Mudslap was SE against the rock types and only had problems on Onyx when it came down to Virune in the red and onyx fainting. Ran out of Mudslap and had to headbutt to victory.
    And thus I got the first badge <3 yay

As I got the shoes of runningness, I ended up leveling Aron to 14. I taught her Rock tomb from Brock and she learned Metal Claw on her own. I am liking her more and more. She may be slow, but she can rip into those other pokemon decently!

I ended up through the mountain without any hardships due to Virune's skill set having high crits and damage to all the creatures in there. I am worried about the cerulean city gym though. Water may be my bane. My fears were confirmed. Misty's water pulse was a instant kill to my poor aron. Maybe some more training or different tactic will allow me swift revenge?

I went north to the bridge and fought Kene, Charmanders Ember did hurt quite a bit but I was able to pull through using rock tomb. the rest of his pokemon were simple! <3

I have discovered the terror of the aron Spieces. Steel/rock combo has many weaknesses. Although she has many resistances and immunity to poison which should help later on. I just need to take severe caution with water, ground, and fighting types.

I once again went off to fight Misty, armed with a lvl 25 Virune and she now has Take down. I am optimistic about this. Misplaced optimism... 30 battles with misty later...

5 levels later, Virune OHKNO Starmie.. Was a loong and hard road to faint that god of destruction for my Steel/rock type. And thus I got the 2nd badge with just me and my Virune!

I headed south and ended up on the ss anne. I didnt bother fighting anyone due to Virune being lvl31. Kene was OHKNO on all his pokemon. Got cut and went off to catch a diglet for a hm slave.

Found out that the 4 times effectiveness with ground type moves hurt.. Virune fianted to two diglets and a dugtrio, all 10 levels below her. I ended up catching one diglet, named it HMmany.

Now off to the gym! Lt. surge went down without any real problems happily. A stark change from the horror that was misty. His raichu was only threatening by its high evasion but take down killed in it one hit. <3 thunderbadge is mine now! yay.

I do have a question though, is there a gameshark code or codebreaker so that I can have the national dex to evolve Aron?

After a while I ended up going through the deepdark cave. I had not picked up flash yet so I blindly ran through all the trainers. The Machops were the only hard parts... till I ran out of attack points. I had to struggle (literaly) through 5 to 6 trainer battles. I got through the evil caves without fainting Virune though, thats reasuring!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2014
    I headed to Mt. Moon through routes 3 & 4. I got nice exp from all the trainers there, then, I healed my horsea at the pokemon center and entered Mt. Moon, knowing it would be a long trip.

The first 3 or 4 trainers were easy, but then I met a lass with an oddish that gave me a lot of trouble, since my horsea only had bubble as an offensive move, and that oddish had absorb, and that didn't help, she also had a bellsprout but it only used wrap and growth. Since i almost ran of PP i had to return to route 4 to heal my horsea. I defeated the rest of the trainers and rocket grunts until I reached the guy with the fossils. I had very little PP left and his grimer had a decent amount of sp. defense, but I finally defeated it, then after defeating his koffing, my horsea got to level 22 and learned water gun! Finally I had a decent move, but still I knew that Misty would be hard to defeat.

I got out of Mt. Moon and finally reached Cerulean City. I decided to go to Nugget Bridge to get some levels that I would need for defeating Misty, but my rival appeared. His pidgeotto was easy to defeat, but then he sent out bulbasaur. First it used sleep powder that sadly didn't fail, then it used leech seed while i was still asleep, and then it finished me off with vine whip.

I decided to challenge Misty, her Staryu was easier than I expected, but it got a critical hit on its last hit before fainting, and it also confused me. Then Starmie came, I used a potion but after seeing how much it had done with a single water pulse I knew it was the end for my horsea, so I tried to use water gun but her starmie was faster and defeated me with its second water pulse.

Right now my horsea is level 23.

I don't know what to do now :( any recommendation?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    honestly, with my Virune (Aron Steel/Ground) it was very hard to defeat Starmie. You need to just spam defeat staryu till you can defeat Starmie with horsea. I couldnt defeat Starmie till Virune was lvl 30... Thats alot of staryu faints.

I just got to the grass gym and that is going well. Virune Has really begun to shine despite previous failings due to her weaknesses. Her strengths are nice just need to find a way to evolve her so I do not have to struggle with the elite four and fire gym.

The grass gym was very easy. one hit knocked out everyone. Virune is now lvl 41 and is still soo cute. We are about to head off to beat up some rockets! Me and Virune ended up annihalating the Rockets under the Pachinko parlor. It was alot of fun. She is now lvl44 and is able to use double-edge, coupled with her rock head ability this will be amazing. <3 Giovanni was a little daunting knowing that kangaskahn would know fighting move but in the end she went down with a one hit ko.

Went back to the tower to defeat kenne and get to the top. He was a one hit ko for all of his pokemon with Virune. but as we ascended the tower we got to the ghost of marowak.. And it uses ground type moves alot. So virune Fainted for the first run at her with the double hit of bone rang. The second time at marowak Virune koed it in two hits. That was alot less scary then last time.

I also found out that a self destruct against Virune does 5 dmg hahha <3

Me and Virune got the pokeflute and ended up defeating snorlax. Its Yawn was beyond annoying though as I could not OHKO it. Headed south and then west along the coast, fought so many trainers that Virune was struggle fainting most of the pokemon towards the end of the long trail. I stopped at the pokemon center and healed up. I ran over to the poison gym and knew that this would be a piece of cake.

I OHKO'ed all but Muk. Whom kept acid armour and minimize constantly. Eventually I landed a lucky Rocktomb Crit and fainted it. Virune is now lvl47 and doing great! I forgot to grab the bike so now I have to run all the way back to cerulean .... Ended up going to silph co and defeating rocket there. Virune had serious trouble with Kene's Charizard. The pigeot before it kept featherdancing Virune which meant that my attack was cut in half. Couple that with Charizards flamethrower and it was a deadly combo. Took a whole but I landed a crit Rock Tomb on Chari and it OHKO'ed

Next I went after the psychic gym leader. She was easy. Her venonat was the only problem due to its confuse ray which made virune hit herself till shewas in the red.. but in the end every pokemon in that gym fell in one hit. <3 lvl59 virune

Now ive headed off to cinibar. the mansion took some time to find the secret key but none of the pokemon gave Virune any trouble. Blanes gym was a cake walk. Arcanine did almost KO virune with fireblast but A Crit Double-edge OHKO it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2014
    I had to train my horsea on the grass with level 10 rattatas until it got to level 25, then, I decided to challenge Misty again.

Luckily for me, her staryu only used harden and recover this time, and I was able to defeat it thanks to a critical hit. When she sent starmie, I started to spam smoke screen, so its water pulse always missed. Then it started to use swift, but it didn't do much, and I started spaming water gun until Misty ran out of super potions, in the end, starmie got a critical hit with swift that left me with 4 hp, but finally I defeated it, and I teached water pulse to horsea.

Then I went to battle my rival, luckily, I got a critical hit against his bulbasaur and left it in red hp, but it still gave me some problems because it used sleep powder and it did a lot with vine whip, but still I managed to defeat my rival.

I went all the way to Bill's house and my horsea learned twister, right now I am at Cerulean City and my horsea is level 29.

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • Kanto Log 6

What an odd day today has been. I saw some pretty cool things, and some pretty bad things, too.

First, I decided to check out Cycling Road, and found it to be full of trainers. Most of them used Poison types, so they were all easy.

Then I decided to try entering Saffron again. Somehow, the guard saw that tea I had stashed in my backpack in a thermos. He asked for it, started drinking it, and then said I could go through. Not really sure why, I guess he just really likes tea.

Inside the city was one of the worst sights I'd seen. Team Rocket Grunts were out on every corner, blocking house entrances, and acting like they owned the place. They had the Gym blocked off, too, but there was some sort of Gym-like thing right next to it. It didn't have a door, so I just walked right in.

Turns out it was a dojo full of Black Belts who promptly challenged me for breaking in. I think that's their fault, because if they didn't want anyone in, there should have been a door.

I made my way to the leader of the dojo, and after Psycho did his thing, the guy told me I could have a fighting type Pokémon instead. So I grabbed one, not really caring for what it was, and left.

When I noticed Team Rocket was still blocking the Gym, I decided I needed to do something about it. They were starting to piss me off. I gathered some Intel and found out that they were here because of Silph Co. or something. It was pretty easy to find, just look for the huge skyscraper with the snoozing Rocket guard in front of it.

The first floor was abandoned, but the second floor was teeming with Rockets. And every floor above that was, too. This was gonna take some time. And what's worse is that some of the employees of Silph were even double agents themselves.

Oh! And one other thing to add to the list of things I hate about Kanto: freakin' teleport panels. So damn confusing! They didn't even stay within the same floor! They just went all over the place! That combined with locked doors all over the place made traversing that much harder. Luckily, I found a key card to open the doors. However, that didn't solve the teleports. Ugh.

Somehow, I found a teleporter that went right to a room with my worst nightmare. No, not the Team Rocket boss; I was in a door-less room with Limey. Forget the Silph workers, someone help ME. First, he babbled about how I'm slow, then states openly that he's been stalking me. Creepy as hell.

His Pokémon and their poisons in order: Pidgeot, Psychic; Growlithe, Psychic; Gyarados, Psychic and Shadow Ball; Alakazam, Shadow Ball; Venusaur, Psychic.

After kicking his butt, he says he's gonna go boot out the Elite Four. And if he thinks he's ready, then I'm not gonna have any problem. But that'll come later.

Anyways, this other guy in the room gave me a Lapras or something, which might come in handy when I'm trying to cross the ocean.

I kept going forward and almost immediately I run into Giovanni again. He says he's having a very important discussion with the board chairman blah blah blah, then he tells me to stay out of this unless I want a world of pain. And before I could answer, he comes charging at me.

So, first was his Nidorino, a Poison type. You know the result. Then, a Nidoqueen. I guess he doesn't learn. Same result as before. Next was a Kangaskhan, who went down with a Meteor Mash. Lastly came his Rhyhorn. Out like a light after a Meteor Mash.

He curses at me slightly for ruining his plans (whatever they were) and vanishes into thin air AGAIN. That's getting really old.

After he vanished, I went up and talked with the President dude. He thanks me with nothing but some special Poké Ball that's supposed to catch any Pokémon. Woo.

I got out of the building to see that Team Rocket was gone outside, too. Which meant the Gym is open. And you know what that means. Gym time!

And of course it has even MORE teleport tiles. Just fantastic. I didn't have any clue how to get anywhere, so I just took random teleports and finally got to Sabrina. She says some psychic mumbo-jumbo about visions and bending spoons. Then she said she hates battling, even though she's a Gym Leader. Add that to the list of Starburst contradictions.

First, she sent out Kadabra. A Shadow Ball to the face straightened it out. Next was a Venomoth, who was put down by Psychic. Her Mr. Mime came out next. One thing I noticed, however, was that it was a FEMALE MR. Mime. More contradictions! A Shadow Ball taught this cross-dresser a lesson. Lastly was her Alakazam, who took a single Shadow Ball to fell. Piece of cake.

With the Marsh Badge and a strange TM called Calm Mind newly added to the collection, I blindly warped all over the Gym trying to find the right teleports to leave.

And now that I've finished up everything in Saffron City, I have no clue where I'll go. Maybe I'll look at the map and figure out what's the best plan of action.

Metagross/Psycho
    Lvl. 65
    Moves: Meteor Mash
    Confusion
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball

List of things I hate about Kanto:
    Senile Old Men
    Bug Pokémon
    People obsessing over their shorts
    Limey
    Caves and Tunnels
    People blocking the way
    Detours
    Limey
    Hidden Switches
    Derogatory Gym Leaders
    Crazy people and cosplayers
    Possessed people
    LIMEY
    Team Rocket
    Spinning Tiles of Doom
    Long trails
    Mazes
    Invisible Walls
    False Advertising
    Teleport Tiles
    Locked Doors
    People vanishing into thin air
    Contradictions

Ataraxia

Wanderer
    Years
  • Ok, sorry I haven't posted in god knows how many weeks/months, LOADS of stuff just piled itself in front of me so I haven't had chance to do the challenge.

So, with Scizor level 25 I've beaten Misty on LG (cos FR wasn't working) and I'm just about to go through Underground Path. I'll post up some pic evidence soon I swear! :D

EDIT: There we go... um, I kinda forgot how to upload pics so if it's not working or something else has gone wrong I'll try and redo it later; right now it's back to LG!

EDIT 2: Just beaten Lt. Surge, gonna take a bit of a break now though but I'll update again sometime today

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back