• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ataraxia

Wanderer
Years
  • Ok haven't updated in a while, mainly because I've been trying to get a rom of a 4th gen game actually working but so far no such luck. It would be a life saving and extremely generous act if someone could post an Emu and Rom download link?
    Anyway, moving on from the puppy eyes enhanced plea...

Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge
    Ultimate Solo Challenge

Just a quick update, currently spamming the first three E4 members as Salamence keeps kickin' my arse.

With fire.

Lots of fire.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I began the game with Nidoran and and beat my rival. I levelled up my Pokemon in-between Pallet Town and Viridian City until it was level 7 or 8 where it learned new moves. I went into the Pokémart and got Oak's parcel, then delivered it to him. I continued to level up my Nidoran until it was level 13 in the same place I had previously.

I travelled up and through Viridian Forest which led me to defeat Brock in Pewter. I received the badge from him and continued along my journey through the cave, defeating every trainer in my path.

I am now in Cerulean City with a level 22 Nidorino. (Forgive me if the list of events doesn't make sense. It was a few hours ago since I did all of this, only just updated them).

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • Johto Log 1

Well, it's been an odd journey here. And now I know that there's no turning back. Why? I was forced to go through some de-leveling and un-evolving process with Psycho.

That's right; he's back to a level 5 Beldum again. All because I was the champ of Kanto trying to master Johto.

I got to the gate between Kanto and Johto, and the first thing that I'm told is that I'll have to start over with a new Pokémon from this Professor named Elm. Then when I tell them that I don't want to go without Psycho, they tell me that the only way I could go with him was to de-level and un-evolve him. I didn't even think that was possible.

I was torn. I didn't wanna put Psycho through that kinda thing, but I didn't want to start over with a new Pokémon. But it turned out that Psycho felt the same about me and was willing to go through with it. So he did.

He's having a little bit of trouble getting used to the old body and the lack of power, but slowly he's getting the hang of it again. I can't help but feel guilty.

Yet he isn't upset at me. He still acts the same way with me, and almost nothing else has changed between us.

After the procedure, the guys still told me I should go see the Elm guy in New Bark Town. I didn't know what else to do, so I went.

New Bark Town was quaint, and it reminded me of Pallet Town. However, Prof. Elm was actually much younger than Oak, and he wasn't near as weird. We talked a bit, and he was fascinated at how I beat the Elite Four of Kanto with only Psycho.

Then he got some e-mail about one of his crazy friends discovering something huge. He said he couldn't go, and asked me to go for him. And strangely, I didn't mind. He gave me a Cyndaquil and some PokéGear thing in return, so that was pretty nice.

I left his lab and ran into this girl named Lyra. She seemed to like me immediately, and her Marill and Psycho got along great as well. I already like Johto more than Kanto. Great atmosphere, no creepy old professor, and most importantly, NO LIMEY. Woot.

So I left to go see this Mr. Pokémon guy. And I'm not kidding. His name literally was Mr. Pokémon. I had a feeling I wouldn't like him.

I made my way to Cherrygrove City, which was more of a Town in my opinion. It was supposedly on the way to Mr. Pokédude's house. When I got there, some old man called me a rookie and proceeded to show me all this crap that I already knew. And here I thought there weren't any senile old men in Johto.

The second I try to leave the town, that same old guy runs up and gives me some map thing for my PokéGear. Which isn't half bad, considering how much I used that paper map back in Kanto and how wrinkled it got. The digital map was certainly a step up.

I headed up Route 31 and found that some weird middle aged guy wasn't gonna let me pass until he talked to me about how noticeable his house was and complain that nobody visits him. Then he gave me a case for these things called Apricorns and goes back into his house. If he was this weird as a middle aged guy, I worry about his future.

I decided to do a bit of grinding while I was here. Both Psycho and I were getting tired of him being back at this low level with only Take Down. He ended up getting to level 10 before we were both satisfied.

Finally, we came to Mr. Pokénerd's house. Not bad, but a bit far away from the City/Town. I guess it's his decision how much of a hermit he wants to be. And with his last name, why not be pretty hermitic?

Anyways, I knocked and entered to find a strange man in a top hat that I guessed to be Mr. Pokémon greeting me and handing me some egg thing. He said a bunch of weird stuff, and then Prof. Oak shows up. Great. He tells me it's odd to see me here, and gives me his number for the PokéGear. Then he checks out.

I decided to do the same. However, the second I step out of the house, Elm calls and tells me that something horrible has happened at his lab. He sounded pretty shaken up about it, so I figured it was pretty bad.

On the way, some punk with red hair (and I mean a deep red, almost maroon) stops me and calls me a wimp. Then he says he's got a great Pokémon and wants to battle me to prove it. His Totodile didn't have a chance. He started to walk off in a huff, but he dropped his trainer's card. The name said Danny. Then he runs back, accuses me of stealing it, grabs it, and runs off.

I got back to the lab to find a cop talking to Elm. He looks at me and without any evidence proceeds to call me the thief. However, Lyra came running in and said that she saw a guy with deep red hair do it. I told them I battled some dude like that, and the police dude is suddenly my best friend, asking for the guy's name. I gave him the name, and both he and Lyra left.

Then I showed Elm that egg thing from Mr. Pokénerd. He said it was a different egg, but just an egg none-the-less. He said he'd study it to find any secrets, but that's about it.

Then I asked him where the nearest Gym was, and he said Violet City, north of Cherrygrove City. So it's off to Violet I go.

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • Johto Log 2

Picking up where I left off, I had just left New Bark when I met up with Lyra again. She was about to teach me how to catch Pokémon when I mentioned that I was the champ of Kanto for three years and that I knew what I was doing. Then she went all "WHAAAA?!?!?" on me, cause apparently, she didn't know that. I guess that makes sense, though, cause she lives in Johto, and Kanto League news isn't as widely spread as Johto League news here.

Anyway, I kept on keeping on through Cherrygrove City (which is still too small to be a City) and up Route 30. I blasted through the trainers, even though one had a Rattata that was in the top percentage of all Rattatas, getting Psycho up to level 11. Then we blew through Route 31 and its trainers as well.

At the gate to Violet City, I heard someone call me from behind and turned to see Lyra and her Marill. She was wondering how I got past her and gave me a Vs. Seeker 2.0, which was basically an upgrade to the Vs. Seeker that I already had. I guess the old one had a few bugs or something.

Anyway, back to Violet City. Pretty nice city, actually. The oriental style lamps were a cool touch, and the houses looked very unique. Plus the large tower in the background was kind of peaceful looking. The whole city had a calming air about it.

I went a bit north of the city and talked to a guy who gave me HM 06, Rock Smash. Which was nice and all, if I didn't already have an HM for that. Near him was some odd dancing tree in the middle of the road. I didn't even know that there were such things. Only in Johto, I guess.

South of that area were some strange ruin things. I went into the smaller ruin near the north entrance and found some simple stone puzzle. It was a picture of some Pokémon, for sure, but I couldn't tell. But it was obvious that it was symmetrical, so I solved it using symmetry.

The second I solve it, the picture glows, and the floor under me drops out, causing me to fall through. I landed sprawled out on the ground in some larger chamber with some scientist dude. He helped me up and applied some first aid to my bleeding knee and cut arm. Luckily I didn't break any bones.

He told me I was in the ruin's main chamber. He also congratulated me for solving the puzzle and gave me some Unown Report thing. I didn't really pay attention to what it was, I just wanted to get out of there and lay down. That fall hurt.

On the way out, these strange letter-shaped Pokémon kept attacking me. They were easy to handle, but very annoying.

Back in Violet, I decided to hit the Gym before renting a room somewhere. However, it turns out that I have to go beat some dude in this place called Sprout Tower, I.E. that tower thing I mentioned earlier.

SO. Inside Sprout Tower was the impossible. A swaying support beam. That was supposed to be that way. HOW???? I felt a little nervous while in there, really. But I headed on up, cause the only way I could move on would be to clear this place out.

The trainers there were easy. Almost each one of them used one Pokémon species. Bellsprout. Of course they use Bellsprout in the Sprout Tower. /facepalm

I was cruising along until I reached the top, where I found that Danny kid again. Turns out he beat the elder guy. He blabbered on about how people who care about their Pokémon are weak, and then he left with an Escape Rope. According to the elder, he was strong, but he was also a jerk to his Pokémon. And I thought I hated him before.

After I beat the elder myself (how'd he get his Pokémon healed?), he gave me his approval to battle Falkner, the Gym Leader here, and gave me a TM for Flash. I guess it isn't an HM in the Johto region like in the Kanto region.

On to the Gym! First things first... OHGODTHATELEVATORMOVESFAST. I got floored on that thing. I was scared for my life. But once I was up there, it wasn't so bad. I'm not too scared of heights, and if there were battles going on up here, there had to be some safety precautions.

I pushed the trainers aside (not literally, they would've fallen off the platforms) and got to Falkner. The actual battle was simple. Pidgey went down in an instant, and his Pidgeotto was bothersome only because of Roost. Other than that, there weren't many problems.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

He handed me the Zephyr Badge and advised me to head for Azalea Town. He also noted to be careful on the way down and slip my feet into the little security straps. I did so, and I didn't fall off, but it felt as if I was on some sick theme park ride. And when I hit the floor, I felt like a pancake.

I exited the Gym and was about to hit the PokéCenter when I get a call from Elm about the egg. He wanted me to have it, and he told me that one of his assistants would meet me at the PokéMart with it. And just as he said, there the guy was. Not a moment later and I was handed the egg.

I left the Mart, ready to grab a hotel room and call it a night, when some oddly dressed woman comes up to me and says something about the egg and how she wanted me to take good care of it for her. Then she spun around and walked off. Freaky.

Finally, I hit the PokéCenter and rented a room for the night. Now I relax until tomorrow comes, and then I'll head out towards Azalea.

Beldum/Psycho
    Lvl. 15
    Nature: Naughty
    Moves: Take Down
    Ability: Clear Body

Last edited:

thatredheadguy

I want to be the very best.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    I will begin my challenge on Leafgreen with a Pidgeot!
    (Well some starter, but then I'll catch a Pidgey)

So I began my challenge with Squirtle on Leafgreen and battled my rival. I won and then went to catch the Pidgey as soon as possible! I got a level 4 Docile Pidgey (that I named KWAP) and went through the Viridian Forest with ease. When I got to the first gym, I realized normal/flying are both ineffective to rock and that that gym would be "fun!" My strategy was to spam with sand-attack and then quick attack/gust until I killed the other Pokemon XD
    This of course did not work with the Onix because it knew Rock Tomb, and that is super-effective to me... So I trained on Brock's Geodude until I got to level 21 with Pidgeotto and FINALLY BEAT HIM!
    Now, I'm about to travel to Mt. Moon where I will be able to destroy everything because I am such a high level.

Also, I will probably go in the order of Leafgreen, Crystal, Emerald, Diamond.

Well, I've done A LOT since my last update. I forgot to update again!
    I went through Mt. Moon easily. I don't think I had to go back to heal once and I grew my Pidgeotto a few levels. I found the TM for Thief in there and taught it to Pidgeotto so I could have a little better of a type coverage.
    I figured out how my HMs are going to work out: Fly to Pidgeot, Cut/Flash to Paras, and Surf/Strength to Squirtle. That's for this generation at least.
    I went and battled my rival, who I appropriately named ******, of course, and won.
    My strategy now is just to spam Wing Attack for the one-hit-KO haha
    I then went to Bill's house to see how he has been lately and Pidgeotto managed to take out the weak Pokemon along the way.
    I talked to Bill and whatnot and then went to battle Misty!
    My Pidgeotto was about level 29/30 at this point so I swept Misty's team pretty easily!
    Then I went to the S.S. Anne and the Route near it, and somewhere along there, Pidgeotto evolved into Pidgeot! I beat ****** again (I don't think he touched me this time if you know what I'm saying) and got HM01!
    I was about level 40 when I battled Lt. Surge so my weakness to Electric didn't really matter with my one-hit-kills! I then went to go get Flash from Prof. Oak's Aide, but I had to have 10 different types of Pokemon when I only had 5! So after I raged for a minute or two, I got my act together and went to go catch some more Pokemon so I could continue on this awesome challenge.
    Now, I am on my way to the Rock Tunnel with Pidgeot and Paras to do some work!

At this point, Pidgeot is level 41 and knows Wing Attack, Quick Attack, Thief, and FeatherDance.

Last edited:

stickdynasty

Ruler of the Stick People
    Years
  • I really haven't done much.
    All I did was go west from cerulean and went through rock tunnel.

Tropius/Musa
    Lvel 37
    Stomp
    Magical Leaf
    Gust
    Growth

Sorry i haven't really done much, expect more in the coming days!

thatredheadguy

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    I shouldn't have done so much without posting, but here it goes!
    Since my last post, I have gotten all of the badges and beaten those blasted Rockets twice!
    Nothing really gave me trouble until eighth gym leader battle with Giovanni because all of his Pokemon are tanks and I two-hit them so that gave them a chance to hit me.
    Pidgeot is now level 69 and knows Fly, Quick Attack, Thief, and FeatherDance.

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
    Years
  • (No I didn't give up on this challenge, I just needed a bit of a break from it, not that it matters that much anymore since I'm back)

Name: Kendrix

Log:

It seems like my plan has worked so far, no one recognized me as the Johto and Kanto Champion. In order to keep it this way I'll have to remember to not use Almia's more powerful attacks unless I have no choice (it's the only way to not draw unnecessary attention to myself). If my plan works out, I should be able to move around and discover if what my contact said is true about the two teams that are in this region.

The day I completed my move to Little Root Town, I met my new neighbors. I think they were a bit surprised that I wasn't asking a bunch of questions and trying to get autographs, after they introduced themselves as Mrs. Birch and May Birch. After talking for a bit I was challenged to a battle by May, after being asked if I had any pokemon.

I really didn't want to fight her but since Almia needed some practice after our long move here, I honored her request. May sent out her Torchic with a smile on her face, obviously hoping to win this battle. I then called out to Almia, who decided to appear by phasing through the floor (probably freaking out my opponent and her pokemon). You should have seen the look on her face, when her Torchic's Scratch attack went right through Almia, and I informed her that Normal type attacks wouldn't work on Ghost Types. Needless to say the battle was a Curbstomp one in my favor, even though I restricted myself to only using Psywave, as that Torchic only knew Scratch and Growl.

After that I wanted to head back to my house and call it a day, but it seemed like fate had a bit more in store for me. You see on my way back, I header a cry for help, and since I'm the only person in this town with a pokemon who could fight, I had to check it out. As it turns out Professor Birch was being chased by a pokemon I later identified as Zigzagoon. Almia quickly made work of the normal type pokemon, prompting Professor Birch to recognize my talents as a pokemon trainer and register me for the Hoenn Pokemon League. At first I really didn't want to fight all the gym leaders, as I already had 16 badges total and it gets boring after a while, but then I decided that if anything it would prepare Almia for the take down of the two teams in this region. I then headed home and slept the rest of the day as I knew that tomorrow I would once again start my pokemon journey, hopefully for the last time.

The next day nothing exciting really happened before I reached Petalburg Forest, but once I was there I had my first encounter with a Team Aqua member. I could tell that he wasn't in the organization for very long, as he was trying to steal a package from a guy looking for a Shroomish. And he only had a Poochyena. I easily defeated the grunt with Almia's Astonish and for my reward I got a Great Ball (that I would most likely never use).

The guy then left me after hearing the Team Aqua grunt say something about stealing something else. I arrived in Rustboro City and decided to go exploring for a bit. For my troubles I got the HM for Cut and knowledge that the first gym is in this town and it's a rock type gym. I then rested for the rest of the afternoon in order to make sure that I was fully awake for my match.

Vs Roxanne:

My first gym badge was rather easy but at least she provided some kind of challenge. Her first Geodude kept spamming Rock Tomb (which hit more often than I would have liked) because that's the only move it could hit Almia with. Eventually I had Almia ko that Geodude with a bunch of Psywave in a row. Her next pokemon was another Geodude, which got the Confuse Ray (I decided that it wouldn't look too out of place to use it here) and Astonish combo. Her last pokemon was a Nosepass but I think she realized where this was going as she didn't even command her pokemon to attack mine, she just stood still occasionally calling out non damaging attacks (like Block).

After the battle she presented me my badge and asked if I could stay here a while and help her teach the pokemon school right next door. I politely declined, as I knew that the longer I stayed in one place the more likely that my true identity will be exposed to everyone (not that it matters too much, it would just drastically slow down my ability to move from town to town).

I'm once again going to list the things that happened after I beat Roxanne:

=> I had to chase the same Team Aqua member to a cave after he stole some important item from a company (Maybe they should increase their security).

=> On the way there I found out that he stole a Wingull from this old sailor, and promised to save the pokemon. (Why he decided to steal the seagull pokemon and bring even more attention to himself is beyond me).

=>I ended up battling him after I cornered him in a sealed off cave. After he did a brief rant Almia koed his Poochyena with Astonish.

=> Saved the document and the Wingull, and got another great ball as my reward. Also the sailor promised to take me to Dewford Island (the location of my second gym battle) free of cost.

=> Got forced to deliver a package to Steven (I met him in Kanto) and a Shipyard in Slateport City.

=> May challenged me to a battle as soon as I decided to leave Roseboro City. Almia won rather easily.

=> I asked the Mr. Briney for a ride and arrived on Dewford Island the next day (can't say that I like sleeping on a boat)

As soon as I arrived I questioned the locals in order to find out were Steven was. Not only did I find out that Steven was in the only cave on this island (why couldn't he be in the Poke Center is beyond me), I also found out that most of the population on this island is addicted to their Ghost Plushy Dolls. It's not like the dolls were in the shape of a ghost pokemon, there was no dolls (everyone that I talked to seemed to be convinced that they had one and that it was in plain sight).

After a while I rested in the Poke Center for about an hour and then headed off to the cave to find Steven. When I reached the cave a Hiker gave me the Hm for Flash, and told me that the rest of the cave was pitch black. I decided to go for it as I knew that it couldn't be any worse than the Rock Tunnel in Kanto. Eventually I found Steven (it really wasn't that hard, since I had prior experience with caves) and gave him the package that his father wanted to give him. We talked for a bit and after he promised not to tell anyone that the reigning champion of two regions was in Hoenn, he gave me the TM for Steel Wing. I then exited the cave and went to the Pokemon Center, once again, to Heal Almia and prepare for my next gym battle.

The next day I headed to the gym only to find out that it was as pitch black as the cave I went in yesterday. It turns out that every time I beat a trainer the spot light on me (yes there was a light on the ceiling on the gym that followed me wherever I went) got a bit brighter. Eventually I beat everyone in the gym, causing a good portion of the gym to light up, and challenged Brawly (the gym leader) to a fight.

Vs Brawly:

The fight for my second badge was definitely easier, and more fun than the battle for my first. You see his first pokemon was a Machop, and since all he knew as Fighting attacks I had Almia just phase into the floor every time the Machop tried to attack. Eventually the muscle pokemon wore itself out and Almia knocked it out with just one Psywave. Brawly's next pokemon was a Meditite, and thanks to my research I knew that there was a possibility that the Meditite knew a Psychic type move. I decided to take no chances an quickly ordered Almia to use Astonish. It managed to survive but as it turns out the Meditite couldn't hit Almia with any attacks, thus I won again. Brawly then sent out his last pokemon, Makuhita . I wanted to change tactics after seeing the expression on Brawly face, but before I could even say anything, my opponent resigned. Apparently none of his pokemon knew anything other than Fighting and Normal Type moves and thus from the moment I sent out Almia I had earned my second badge.

With victory still ringing my ears decided to relax for the rest of the day. I knew that it would be best to enjoy this victory as I knew that it would only get harder from here. The next day I headed out to see Mr. Briney in order to arrange a trip to my next destination (Slateport city), in order to deliver my second package to the engineer at the Shipyard.

Pokemon:

Almia (Misdreavus) F lvl 22

=>Psywave
    =>Astonish
    =>Spite
    =>Confuse Ray

wingman11

Solo Runner
    Years
  • Johto Log 3

Well, a rather eventful few days. Not much happened at the start of the first day, just traveled down Route 32. Met some trainers, who were, for the most part, more courteous than most of the trainers in Kanto. They didn't demand battles, they asked. Of course, I never said no. Why turn down good training?

Anyways, some dude along the way tried to sell me a dried Slowpoke tail. Eww. And the price was a little outrageous. Only 1,000,000 Yen-Dollars. Yeah, right.

I felt like training a bit, mainly because Psycho was only a few levels from evolving. He agreed, partially because he was tired of only being able to ram things. I think he misses Psychic.

While I was training, that egg I got hatched. It turned out to be a baby Togepi. It was kinda cute, actually. I called Elm to let him know it hatched, and he told me that the next time I could get to him, I should show him the Pokémon that hatched from it.

Not too long after the egg hatched, Psycho finally evolved into a Metang and relearned Confusion and Metal Claw. Thank Mew for that. And now that he had evolved, we decided to try getting through Union Cave.

Union Cave was fairly straightforward, not too many problems in there. A few trainers, wild Pokémon, and the like. It wasn't very long, either. Not near as long as Mt. Moon and Rock Tunnel back in Kanto.

However, I stepped out of the cave and the first thing I notice is rain. I can't believe it started raining in the short time I was in Union Cave. I dashed through the rain, hurrying towards Azalea. I guess that it was only a light rain, though, because it stopped around the same time I reached the town.

I started heading into the town when I saw something odd. An old guy was talking with some guy in a black uniform that was oddly familiar. Then the guy says he's a part of Team Rocket. Hell no. And what's more, he says they've reformed as well. HELL NO. I do not need any more Team Rocket problems.

I go up to talk with him and beat some info out of him, but he denied everything. He just kept saying he was a normal guy keeping people from going into the unsafe well. What a phony.

So I continued into town. Azalea was a quaint little village, with only a few houses. Not much to see here. The Gym was smack dab in the middle of town, but it too was being blocked off by some Rocket grunt.

Everyone was also ranting about how all the Slowpoke were missing. I don't know what that was all about, but I guess everyone has an obsession with Slowpoke here.

I had no idea where to go, but a few people talked about this Kurt guy. They said he was pretty cool, but I didn't really care. I went to see him anyways, mainly because I had nothing else to do.

I go in and try to strike up a conversation, but he says he has no time and he has to go stop Team Rocket from cutting the tails off of Slowpokes. That explained so much.

I followed him, in hopes I could have a hand in Rocket removal. I head down the well, because somehow that Rocket grunt vanished, and find Kurt in a heap on the floor. He apparently took a fall down the well and hit his back. I was actually kinda worried for him, but he urged me to go on and beat down the Rockets on my own.

The grunts were just as weak as I remembered. Ahh, good times. Good times. Anyway, they all fell aside easily. Then I come across the guy who was clearly in charge. He called himself Proton and says he's often called the scariest guy in Team Rocket. He obviously wasn't around while Giovanni was in charge.

He fell aside almost as easily as the grunts. They must've lowered the bar after Giovanni left. After I beat him, he said that they never really disbanded, just kept going underground. Annoying pests. Then he does that really annoying 'vanish into thin air' thing.

I checked on the Slowpokes around that area to find they all had their tails lopped off. Poor things. Kurt then showed up and said his back was better and Team Rocket was out of here for good. We quickly left the well and headed into his house.

He tells me some history on Team Rocket that I already knew and gives me a special PokéBall. Cool, I guess...

I left his house and as I walked around, I noticed that Slowpokes were everywhere. I guess they really do worship them here.

Anyways, now that Team Rocket had left, I could enter the Gym. It was a strange place. I had to ride these Spinarak-shaped things across "webs" to get anywhere. Then these switches popped up that control what lines are active.

I found my way around to the Gym Leader, Bugsy. Who used Bug type Pokémon. I think Captain Obvious was his father.

Battle time! So he started with his Scyther, who used U-Turn to switch out to a Metapod. Then after that went down, he did it again to go to a Kakuna. What a douche bag move that was. Kakuna went down quickly as well, and finally the Scyther was by itself. I had to use a Super Potion on Psycho, however. A few Confusions later, Scyther was out for the count.

And with that, I earned the Hive Badge and received TM 89, U-Turn.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

I left the Gym and healed up, and while I was walking around the town, looking for a place for the night, that red head Danny punk shows up. He asked me about Team Rocket returning, and then when I say I beat them, he laughs and says that if I did, I could beat him easy. So I battled him.

First he had a Gastly, which was a one hit KO with Confusion. Then came Croconaw, which took about three Confusions to send packing. Finally was his Zubat, and I think you know what comes next.

He grumbles about his team being weak and about how he hates the weak. Then he stormed off in a huff. Forget me saying Limey was annoying, this Danny jerk is way worse.

So after that, I found a room to stay in at Kurt's house, cause he was kind enough to lend me his spare room. Tomorrow, I check out that forest and see if I can get to Goldenrod. My PokéGear is indicating that there's a Gym there.

Metang/Psycho
    Lvl. 23
    Nature: Naughty
    Moves: Take Down
    Confusion
    Metal Claw
    Ability: Clear Body

thatredheadguy

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    I beat Leafgreen!
    The Elite Four weren't that hard, but the Champion was difficult! That Rhydon would not DIE!
    I will proceed to Crystal soon.

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
    Years
  • I beat the elite 4 with my charizard. The final level of it was 70. I will start on emerald soon when I can breed my charizard, hatch the egg, send it over to sapphire, and then use sapphire to trade it to emerald.

theking6

Water Types!! :D
    Years
  • Ok so i entered Misty's gym with:
    Wartortle Lv.22
    Mega Punch
    Tackle
    Bubble
    Water Gun
    I beat the first two but it was a little hard considering its a water gym and I had a Wartortle but i got through it.
    Misty was easy because I learned Bite so i just used bite the whole time. :P
    I left Misty's gym with:
    Wartortle Lv.25
    Bite
    Tackle
    Bubble
    Water Gun

I kinda messed up so I cant say what I started with on the gym sorry.. :P
    Anyway I went ahead and beat everybody in Surge's gym and got to work on the trashcans.Those were a pain. But after I finished the trashcans I beat him with surprising ease. I beat all of his pokemon with one move.
    I left Lt.Surges gym with:
    Blastoise Lv.37
    Bite
    Body Slam
    Bubblebeam
    Water Gun

I entered Erika's gym with:
    Blastoise Lv.46
    Water Gun
    Bubblebeam
    Skull Bash
    Body Slam
    This was one of the harder gyms you know because of the grass types. The first two were annoying because they had the Bellsprouts but i got past them. But the other two were easy. And then the last three were pretty easy too. And then Erika was very easy.
    I left Erika's gym with:
    Blastoise Lv.47
    Body Slam
    Bubblebeam
    Skull Bash
    Water Gun

I entered Koga's gym with:
    Blastoise Lv.53
    Water Gun
    Body Slam
    Skull Bash
    Bubblebeam
    Everybody was very easy in the gym. I got through everybody pretty quick. Then I got to Koga and he was just as easy. I beat him with one move on each pokemon.
    I left Koga's gym with:
    Blastoise Lv.55
    Water Gun
    Body Slam
    Skull Bash
    Bubblebeam

Last edited:

thatredheadguy

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    I am using an emulator for my Crystal run, and I'm flying through the game!
    I've already got four badges and am on my way to that city with the steel gym and lighthouse.
    I got a Pidgey as soon as possible, and the only battle I've lost so far was with Whitney. Miltank just blew away Pidgeotto with dumb Rollout!
    I have 9 hours of gameplay, but I've only been playing for 1 hour! HA
    Pidgeot is level 36, and she knows Wing Attack, Gust, Sand Attack, and Whirlwind. I was speeding through the game, and I accidentally deleted Quick Attack for Wing Attack :(

999ultramegatron

I wanna be the very best
    Years
  • i beat the first gym at level 19 and started on my way to floaroma town, where i helped this little girl reunite with her father by defeating team galactic with my newly evolved golbat. then i made my way to eterna city to challange the second gym which i swept with wing attack. i then rescued the bike shop owner. when i made it to hearthome i saw my mom at the contest hall then i battled kyle (my rival) and destroyed him when my golbat evolved into a crobat at level 31! then i went solaceon town (just passin' through). when i finally made it to veilstone city my crobat was level 39. the veilstone gym is fighting type so i also swept the entire gym with wing attack only getting hurt by the leaders lucario. i then went to pastoria city to get the fourth badge from the water gym. i destroyed it with crobat and then went back to hearthome o the 5th badge. this gym was ghost so i beat it with bite. and then i traveled to canalve city for the steel gym but i need to train to beat it

theking6

Years
  • I entered Sabrina's gym with:
    Blastoise Lv.68
    Bubblebeam
    Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Surf
    I got really confused and faced everybody then i finally figured out how to get to Sabrina. Sabrina was easy, I beat her really quick.
    I left Sabrina's gym with:
    Blastoise Lv.69
    Bubblebeam
    Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Surf

I entered Blaine's gym with
    Blastoise Lv.70
    Bubblebeam
    Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Surf
    I only had to face the first guy because I messed up.:P But Blaine was insanely easy.
    Left Blaine's gym with:
    Blastoise Lv.71
    Same moves.

I entered Giovanni gym with
    Blastoise Lv.71
    Bubblebeam
    Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Surf
    Every one was easy again because it was mostly ground types. I blasted through Giovanni with ease. But it took a couple hits to take down his Rhydon.
    Left Giovanni's gym with:
    Blastoise Lv.71
    Bubblebeam
    Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Surf

I entered the Elite Four with:
    Blastoise Lv.76
    Bubblebeam
    Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Surf
    Lorelei was pretty hard. Try facing her with only a Blastoise. I mainly used Earthquake, but when that ran out i had to use body slam. It wasn't a good battle because I won but my Blastoise is paralyzed.
    Next up, Bruno. An easy opponent because he has some rock types. The fighting types were pretty easy too but i still took some damage.
    Third, Agatha. Ghost types are pretty easy but they have some good moves.Gengar, easy. Golbat, easy. Arbok, easy. Haunter, easy. Second Gengar, hard. Agatha ended up poisoning my Blastoise. But i still won.
    Last, Lance. Let's put it this way, HARD HARD HARD HARD HARD! I almost lost and my Blastoise is in big trouble.
    Now..the champion..Gary? Harder than Lance.. I lost. :P I beat every one of his pokemon except for his Venasaur. Now I have to face him again.
    Gary, second try. This time is better because I have full health, no status ailments, and I have earthquake to beat Venasaur. I blew through all of his pokemon and became the pokemon champion of the Kanto region! YAY! :D
    I beat the game with:
    Blastoise Lv.81 :t009::t008::t007:
    Bubblebeam
    Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Surf
    Attack:190
    Defense:218
    Speed:194
    Special:208
    Pokemon Red: Complete!

Last edited:

thatredheadguy

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    -Went through the Lighthouse.
    -Went to Cianwood.
    -Beat Fighting Gym at Level 45.
    -Taught Fly to Pidgeot.
    -Went to see Jasmine in the Lighthouse to give her the medicine
    -Entered the Steel Gym at level 45.
    -Got destroyed.
    -Skipped that gym and went to Mahogany to the Lake of Rage.
    -Beat the Rockets and Electrode at Mahogany on level 49.
    -Beat Ice gym on level 50.
    -Tried the steel gym again on level 50
    -Did not work.
    -Beat steel gym with Level 57 Pidgeot. Magnemites are annoying.
    -Beat the Rockets in Goldenrod on level 61.
    -Beat Clair at level 63.
    -Entered Elite Four at level 67.
    -Beat Lance at level 69.

thatredheadguy

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2011
    Sorry for doing so much again without updating, but the Kanto part of Pokemon Crystal was VERY EASY! I don't think I lost one battle the entire time. I one hit most Pokemon, except for Magnemite (they always give me trouble because of their double resistance to flying.
    Anyway, I got all the gym badges and beat Red.
    Pidgeot was on level 83 and knew Fly, Wing Attack, Mirror Move, and Hyper Beam.
    Pikachu was the most difficult because of the power of his Thunder and Pidgeot's weakness to electric moves, but after two Hyper Beams, he was down for the count. (Yes, i magically survived for three turns against that beast)
    Snorlax was difficult, too. It took three Fly's to get it into the red margin of HP, and it would use Rest. This made me use Hyper Beam just to see what would happen, and I got a critical hit and KO'd it! :D
    I two-hit everything else with Fly.
    I love this challenge!
    Two games down; two to go.
    I'll probably do the sometime this week because I need to take a break from Pokemon for at least a couple of days.

theking6

Years
  • I entered Bugsy's gym with:
    Wartortle Lv.21
    Bite
    Water Gun
    Mud Slap
    Bite
    I blew through everybody pretty easily, and Bugsy was no problem either. Except for her Scyther. I almost lost, but I ended up winning.
    I left Bugsy's gym with:
    Wartortle Lv.23
    Bite
    Water Gun
    Mud Slap
    Bite

I entered Whitney's gym with:
    Wartortle Lv.27
    Bite
    Rollout
    Bubble
    Water Gun
    Once again I just got through everybody and made it to her, thats when things got different. I lost on my first try so I had to go back and do it again. But I ended up beating her the second time.
    I left Whitney's gym with:
    Wartortle Lv.29
    Bite
    Rollout
    Bubble
    Water Gun

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back