• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Umbreon or Espeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
    I love both. But I'd say I love Umbreon a little more, so yeah, I choose Umbreon. :D
    'Cause this is a Dark Pokemon, and he's black too. xD
    I always wear black clothes, since it is one of my favorite colors.​

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2010
    Although Umbreon doesn't have that many good attacks, attacks aren't everything, Dark pokemon are immune to Pyschic which are usually strong against everything, or at least have the highest SP ATK. There's tons of Status effects that come from Pyschic, stat reductions and such.

I chose Umbreon.

But the problem with the Eevee forms is that you don't get them until late in the game, so they're more of Pokedex fillers, shame...

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    It all depends on use.
    Espeon is better in-game... what good is anything that doesn't hit fast and hard against the AI opponents?
    Umbreon is a better choice for the competitive scene: a good tank, as well as good typing and some fairly decent moves make it much better in the competitive game.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    It really depends on what you want to do with it. I personally never have just one eeveelution... I breed with a ditto to make a team of the first 5. I tend to use Umbreon more, but Espeon really is more versatile in terms of moves.

DavidChristopher

Spinda Lover.
    Years
    Umbreon is better for tactical defense, while Espeon is better for tactical offense.
    Also, make sure you always give them cute nicknames.
    My friend named her Umbreon "Amethyst."
    Just a suggestion. ;D

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    Well, i think that if you want for ingame, you should use the one that you like, i really don't make my team of super powerfull pokes, i always try to use the ones i like and one or two new-gen pokes for pure knowledge. I love Psychic pkmns but in this choice i really vote for Umbreon, it is one of my favourite and the look is one of the better in all pokemon games, you'll suffer a lot to make you Umbreon worth it but just remember that is a game and you have to enjoy it and at the end when you have a unstopapble Umbreon, you'll be very happy.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    If you do not have a dark type aready in ure team a Espeon would be a great addition to your team and to make up for some weaknesses,but you really didn't state what ure team is.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    If you're an offensive sort of guy, go with Espeon. If you like supporting your team/defending/stalling, go with Umbreon.

FlameDancer

gif ****.
    Years
    I don't know but I think both of them has it's own speciality in different ways. xD; But in my opinion. Umbreon is better.

Mythology

Legenday Thief Girl
    Years
    In my opinion, you should evolve it into Espeon. I can give you two reason why you should.

1) Espeon has a nice moveset and selection of TM's/ other moves people can teach it
    2) Espeon has a pretty good SP. Attck stat :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back