• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Uncatchable Shiny's

Switchback

Flare Counsellor
Years
  • I think someone had a shiny in the Battle Tower on my Crystal game, it's been a very long time since I last played but I think it was a shiny Smeargle. As far a shiny's go, I haven't had that much luck with them but I did hatch a shiny Pichu once. Most frustrating is when you find a shiny that turns out to be a Tentacool, or a Pokemon which you just would never use.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've never seen one on a trainer but i saw a shiny poochyena before i got some pokeballs in emerald i got so pissed of

The Poochyena line is full of jerks. >:C I found a shiny Mightyena in my Emerald and it Roar'd away before I could catch it. I was so annoyed. XD;

But something like your situation happened to a friend of mine once in Gold version--she ran into a shiny Hoothoot on the way from Newbark Town to... the second town. So before pokéballs. :( That would suck SO hard.

Ayselipera

The Poochyena line is full of jerks. >:C I found a shiny Mightyena in my Emerald and it Roar'd away before I could catch it. I was so annoyed. XD;

But something like your situation happened to a friend of mine once in Gold version--she ran into a shiny Hoothoot on the way from Newbark Town to... the second town. So before pokéballs. :( That would suck SO hard.

Same thing happened to me except it was a Delibird and I didn't have any pokeballs on me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2022
    in ruby in the battle tower ther guy had a shiny espeon and a normal moltres...

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    Never met a trainer with a shiny pokemon but once I was trying to find a wailord wild befor I found one stupid wailord a shiny wingull apeared

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2009
    Well I saw a shiny Espeon. Can't remember where, but I was against twins. One had a normal Jolteon, and the other had a shiny Espeon. It annoyed me greatly. :'(

Obsession

Narcotic Empress
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    I've seen a Meowth, Espeon and i can't remember well but was it an... Entei? I can't remember too well but I recall them being in a rather entralling type of battle tower in Emerald. I loved them musical tiles in there :3

varial295

A pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2010
    i remember catching a shiny ryhorn it was red and when it evolved and went orange(:
    it was in the safari zone i was flipping out
    i transfereed it to my sapphire and then my brother threw the game and broke it so i lost all my good pokemon D:

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I've never seen one on a trainer but i saw a shiny poochyena before i got some pokeballs in emerald i got so pissed of

Wow! Same here,it was when i was helping Birch escape in I think Sapphire though.[Emerald is Zigzagoon]

IcyArceusRider

Nyaaaaa <3
    Years
  • Yeah I REALLY wish I could've caught that shiny Espeon from that person in Trainer Tower!

Speaking of uncatchable shinies, wouldn't that be bad if you saw a shiny pokemon right at the very beginning of the game before you got any pokeballs to capture with? If you were just randomly walking, and encountered a shiny?! That would stink!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I saw a Shiny Charmeleon :t005: once in Hoenn's Battle Factory, as well as a Shiny Kingdra :t230: in Hoenn's Battle Tower during a Multi Battle (both occurrences were in Emerald). If I see a Shiny Rental Pokemon, I'm renting it!! :D

But I'm always scared that I might temporarily start a new game, and somehow stumble upon a Shiny, where I can't catch it without deleting my actual save file. :( Uncatchable Shinies are the worst!

Back