• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uncommon Favorite Pokemon

Years
  • I love Finneon and Lumineon! I knew I wanted one on my Pearl team before I got the game. There's drawings of them made by 10 year old me, along with the rest of the team I wanted - and it's been on the main team for some 11 years now. He's in charge of Surf, Waterfall and Defog and has his own ball capsule. I've seen people call Lumineon forgettable - how?! It's so pretty!

Burmy and relatives is another one I don't see mentioned often, and Burmy is straight up one of my favourites from gen 4! The cloak gimmick, the gender-based split evolutions, being found in honey trees... everything was so cool about them!

Snover! I don't see it praised much, but it's so loveable and its "eeyoo-eeyoo" cry takes me back to my childhood. I used Abomasnow in link battles with a friend and it always came through with the 100% accurate Blizzards.

Lastly, Lanturn! Lanturn's been on my main team in Ruby for like 15 years, starting out as my resident Diver and Waterfaller, and I love it to bits. I used one in the Isle of Armour online tournament and it worked very well for me. Lanturn's HP is huge and it has awesome wide coverage, all it needs is a bit of extra offensive oomph and it rocks.
    I love all of them. People usually like the same few pokémon from gen 4, but there's so much more that are cool!

A pokémon I always loved is Kabuto, but I never found someone as enthusiastic of it as me.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Honestly I don't have much idea on what are common and what uncommon favorites (besides the super obvious ones that we keep seeing everywhere getting new forms or gimmicks everyday), but I guess Miltank and Mawile are probably two of my favorites that aren't very common. I wouldn't say Ninetales or Staraptor, for example, because I'm pretty sure those two are very popular.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Victreebel, Ariados, Alolan Ratata and Alolan Raticate come to mind. I love them!

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    eiscue most people i know don't like. there's also every single object inspired mon (except for the litwick line) like the klink or trubbish lines

Years
  • Most people don't seem to care for Eiscue but it is cute! Especially the shiny!!

Uncommon Favorite Pokemon

pink <3

pkmin3033

Lack of appreciation for Bastiodon in the Pokemon fandom makes me a little bit sad. It's a dinosaur tank. What's not to like? People are far too concerned with aesthetics and usability these days, and whilst Rampardos is definitely more useable, it isn't even half as cool as Bastiodon.

I also really like Spinarak, it was the original creepy spider that came out only at night and evolved into a bigger, angrier red spider - it was just another great part of the night life in GSC at the time (along with Hoothoot, of course) that gave the games a more lifelike feel to them. I love how it can change the face on its abdomen as well, that's a really neat little detail. The shiny is also one of the nicer ones from Gen II and I'd love to get one someday.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Lack of appreciation for Bastiodon in the Pokemon fandom makes me a little bit sad. It's a dinosaur tank. What's not to like? People are far too concerned with aesthetics and usability these days, and whilst Rampardos is definitely more useable, it isn't even half as cool as Bastiodon.

I also really like Spinarak, it was the original creepy spider that came out only at night and evolved into a bigger, angrier red spider - it was just another great part of the night life in GSC at the time (along with Hoothoot, of course) that gave the games a more lifelike feel to them. I love how it can change the face on its abdomen as well, that's a really neat little detail. The shiny is also one of the nicer ones from Gen II and I'd love to get one someday.

I guess with Bastiodon, it's the 52 attack stat. It's less of a concern with usability, and more so "If I use this, will every battle drag on"? Personally I don't mind using walls in game, so I'll probably try it out someday.

Also it's weird Bastiodon has 60 for it's base HP. They gave it incredible defenses, but that sort of negates the entire purpose. I'm not saying it has to have absurd HP, but 60 is the same amount as Spinda.

pkmin3033

I guess with Bastiodon, it's the 52 attack stat. It's less of a concern with usability, and more so "If I use this, will every battle drag on"? Personally I don't mind using walls in game, so I'll probably try it out someday.

Also it's weird Bastiodon has 60 for it's base HP. They gave it incredible defenses, but that sort of negates the entire purpose. I'm not saying it has to have absurd HP, but 60 is the same amount as Spinda.
    This sort of thing never bothered me in Pokemon games honestly, as my levels are usually so much higher than my opponent's that I can OHKO them irrespective of what I use. From a competitive standpoint I more than understand, but given the low difficulty of Pokemon games, the luxury of using your favourites is viable regardless of how strong or weak they might be~

Years
  • This sort of thing never bothered me in Pokemon games honestly, as my levels are usually so much higher than my opponent's that I can OHKO them irrespective of what I use. From a competitive standpoint I more than understand, but given the low difficulty of Pokemon games, the luxury of using your favourites is viable regardless of how strong or weak they might be~

Yeah, that's one way to look at the difficulty. Pretty much anything is viable. :D Though I admit, my fully unevolved run with some favorites (like Fennekin) was very hard even by the second gym, so that would've required a lot of grinding aha.

Back