• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unconfirmed Pokemon Thread

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • Interesting read... Not confirmed, in a sense, but pretty damn likely at this point.

Okay, I'll answer that. Kinda.

Mamanboo stays alone at both Isshu and National PokéDex. There is at least another Pokémon that could be related to an already known one but isn't.

My general guess is that Game Freak has re-done First Gen on purpose. As you pointed out, there are many Pokémon that seem newer versions of old Pokémon, like Poliwag, Machop or Zubat. Or at least perform the same functions.

The case of Mamanboo is just that it is way too similar to Luvdisc not to think they are in fact related. But as far as my data goes, they aren't. So, as far as I know, no single new Pokémon is related to a Gen I-IV Pokémon, no evolutions or pre-evolutions. As I don't have the games myself, I cannot tell if there is some kind of relation whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:

#Emochu

ujhgjkjhgkujhjkhjkhkhkhhk hjkhj
    Years
  • Although, Grass/Dragon would be good if they didn't really give it as great as stats/moves.

The typing combination also gives it 4x weakness to ice.

I still don't think they will ever make a starter a cool type.

What I think would be cool, if they made the Grass starter Grass/Fire, the Fire one Fire/Water, and the water one Water/Grass.

NEUTRAL STARTERS YAY :D

Not t'bother you man, but the whole point of having your starter be weak to your rival's starter is to encourage you to catch different types of Pokemon.

Grass Psychic with a variety of Poison moves would be cool. And Fire Ground really suites the Boarbeque final.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    Checked it this morning while you were in class and it's now saying it's fake dear, which saddens me cause you know I like this guy =(

I know that love, hence why it's in the fake pokemon thread.

as for the catepillar one's final evo, wonder if it's true. doesn't look a thing like him but apparently that's a theme in this generation... lol

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I know that love, hence why it's in the fake pokemon thread.

as for the catepillar one's final evo, wonder if it's true. doesn't look a thing like him but apparently that's a theme in this generation... lol

All the caterpillar Pokemon don't look like their final forms so its to be expected that the Grass/Bug won't look like its final form.

Yams

Polursaring!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    Grass/Psychic, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fighting?

Not too unlikely I say.

Xeos

The Mighty Xeos!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    Grass/Psychic, Fire/Dark, and Water/Fighting?

Not too unlikely I say.

I'm following this idea. Hopefully it will end up like this seeing that the "cycle" many of you were talking about wouldn't be disrupted. it would just be a bit misshapen.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • Here is the Isshu Pokedex so far, as Pokejungle and Pokexperto have said:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Here is the Isshu Pokedex so far, as Pokejungle and Pokexperto have said:

Spoiler:

It seems pretty legit, but I don't think it is.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Here is the Isshu Pokedex so far, as Pokejungle and Pokexperto have said:

Spoiler:
    -Chillarmy is prob a gimmick or noveltymon

Comments are in bold, and thanks for posting this!

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • I'm not sure am I the only one here who has thougth this a little longer but there is no way there's going to be a starter with dragon as the secondary type. Apologize those who think so but there's not any logic behind thinking that way. It is already pretty clear that Mijumaru's evolutions will be somewhat fighting spirited (COME ON PEOPLE! Shell Blade is so obvious that you can't unnotice the hint in it!) so there is really HIGH chance they'll have fighting as their secondary type in the end. That's why I believe (after observing more of Pokabu's coloring etc.) that Pokabu will have as it's secondary type dark and Tsutarja will receive psychic. That way THE CYCLE (Believe me, there truly is a thing called the cycle!) that has been since the very first generation won't be twisted or broken.

Pokabu and it's evolutions: Fire/Dark
    Mijumaru and it's evolutions: Water/Fighting
    Tsutarja and it's evolutions: Grass/Psychic

Next you might wonder why Tsutarja and it's evolutions couldn't be grass and dragon typed, right? Well, there is a really good reason why I don't think that will ever going to happen. First of all there is the thing that it would completely make dragons look rather normal and not so cool at all if you'd get one in the very beginning of the game. Or not in the beginning but eventually without putting any effort in it. So far dragon pokémon have been these mystical creatures such as guardians of the atmosphere, rulers of the desert, masters of time/space/afterlife and such stuff so logicly Tsutarja would be somewhat über. Also, if Tsutarja-family would somehow turn out to be Grass/Dragon that would make Pokabu to evolve into somekind of Fire/Ice creature because Mijumaru-family most likely be Water/Fighting. That way the cycle wouldn't brake but in the end it would be twisted and also it sounds really idiotic if fire gets fused with ice.

Tyxomm

Akimoto-Kenta
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2010
    I guess that the starter evolutions are confirmed real now T_T

https://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1138051.jpg
    https://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1138056.jpg

Translated by a friend on Serebii Forums
    Ken Sugimori, primary illustrator: I really struggled the most with the Water-type [starter] this time.
    Yusuke Ohmura, illustrator: There was talk of, "Wouldn't a sea otter be good for the Water starter?" But it was a really close decision in terms of what this sea otter would become once it evolves. In the end, we decided to have it evolve into something with a completely different appearance.
    Sugimori: Of course, we want to make the starters into Pokémon that remain with the player throughout the game, so we hope to make them evolve into creatures that offer a surprise to the player. We always make an effort to throw in some twists and create third-stage evolutions that have an impact.
    Ohmura: There was also talk this time about dividing the three starters into Japanese, Western, and Chinese styles of design. Tsutaaja was based on Western design, and Pokabu was rooted in a Chinese style, so I was told, "Let's make Mijumaru into a more Japanese-style design." Someone even asked, "Can't you make Mijumaru into a samurai?" [laughs]
    Everyone: [laughs]
    Sugimori: I worried about it for a while, and I eventually went to go see the sea otters at the aquarium. I happened to catch the sea lion show while I was there, and I became aware of the sea lion's power. "Well, let's try blending a sea otter and a sea lion," I thought. I came up with the idea of making the shell on Mijumaru's stomach into a sword (katana) and using it to fight, and that's how I completed Mijumaru and its evolution."

https://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org1138051.jpg

Xeos

The Mighty Xeos!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    I guess that the starter evolutions are confirmed real now T_T

Hm... At least I now know who I'm not choosing... This might finally be the first time I ever pick a fire-type as the starter. Took it long enough...

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • I personally still doubt those pictures about the starter's evolutions no matter what. XD I refuse to think that Sugimori and Ohmura would create a four legged sealionottercombination of that kind which even looks like someone would have just thrown up or something. And I really can't see how that weirdo could use the huge shell on it's head as if it was like a katana or something. O__O Just really sick design if truly really truly confirmed to be true.

Xeos

The Mighty Xeos!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    As long as Miju3 is both quad and bipedal like swampert and typhlosion I'll be fine.
    Typhlosion was Quadped?! O_o

Anyway... What about the little skull thingy with legs? And the blue fish?

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
  • i dont know if these pokemon are real or not..but i saw them on that image sliding thing on pocketmonster.net and theres a lot more pokemon designs x]

here some more pictures x]

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back