• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underrated artists?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    :(

Dragonforce is definitely not as popular as they should be. They've got a lot, but they have too big of a hatebase. They DON'T speed up the solos and if you are a hater chances are you haven't heard more than 3 of their songs. You can't judge to hate a band if you haven't heard at least a few samples of all albums. Having neutral feelings is justifiable though. But going as far to calling racial slurs, severe comments, and strong language in every Youtube video of them you find is not right, and marks you as nothing much significant in this world, other than a troll.

Listen to this and I dare you to not at least like the song

That song is completey different to all their other songs, I don't much like it either. Other than that all of their stuff just sounds the same. I tried to listen to their first album again the other day, got to the third song and had to turn it off just because it sounded like a 20 minute long song. They're not very original. I've heard their 2 first albums and I'm unaware of anything they've released after that and I didn't like them because it just sounded all the same. If you want to listen to a band that do that genre correctly, you listen to Iron Maiden because tha's what DragonForce are, a sped of, worse version of them.

I've also heard them play live and it's awful, they cant back up their studio sound. I've also seen all the equipment they use in studio, there's more computers in their songs than actual instruments.

Compare this to the video - just sounds like mess. But I'm not going to judge you on your interest, I mean what sounds crap to me might sound amazing to someone else.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I concede they suck live. They themselves concede they suck live. People still go because their concerts are full of energy.

Anything else?

Years
  • Well, let's start off with...

- Flyleaf: This band is not as noticed as they were since their first album, which I find quite a shame. The singer of the band has a beautiful voice and had an actual story to the start of her career as a singer, she has a purpose for singing.

- I Set My Friends On Fire: Okay, yes these guys are a Grindcore unit and the fact that they only had one album so far does make them very hard to like, but if you're into the Hardcore Screamo type of thing like I am, these guys are amazing. They have lyrics that are quite random, yes. But whoever said a song needs to be serious all the time? These guys know how to have fun and party.

- NeverShoutNever: This really only applies to guys for underrated, because there are way too many fangirls. ((About 97% of this dude's fan base is female.)) Guys, give Chris Ingle a chance! I did and man, he's pretty cool. He does love songs the right way, has an amazing voice, and plays the freakin ukelele!!! He also is the vocalist for his side project hardcore band, Eatmewhileimhot!, which isn't too bad either.

Flyleaf: I kind of agree with you, I'm not really into them though.
    ISMFOF: Random lyrics, autotune and riffs? I've listened to them, and they're just another one of those screamo/scene bands :P It doesnt take a lot of talent to do that.

NSN: I don't like him/them, but I do understand what you mean about its only underrated for guys :P

EDIT:

Jack Johnson: A great artist and a great voice. There's not a lot else you can say about him really but he really is a joy to listen to, I can't think of anyone I've known that hasn't taken a shine to his music. Very easy to listen to and he's a very talented acoustic guitarist. He just deserves that little bit more recognition.

Agreed :D

EDIT 2: Here's another band *points to sig* We Are the Fallen. Theres a lot of hate AND love towards them. Half of the band is Ex-members of the band Evanescence and fans claim they're copying them but they're not....
    But regardless they DO have a good sound. They only have one album out but it's pretty good. Theres just a lot of drama with this band, and they really havent hit it HUGE yet :P

The Red Bandit

Welcome To Candyland!
    Years
  • uh Tokio Hotel-Yeah sure they have a lot of fan girls and the lead singer Bill Ksulitz might look like a girl but do not judge a book on its cover and here is the link to scream-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waXx9k7_2_0

Years
    • WA
    • Seen Jul 19, 2012
    Just to name some:
    - A flock of seagulls
    - Blondie
    - Credence Clearwater Revival
    - Lynyrd Skynyrd - (idk in yours, but totaly underrated in my country and no other band here has probably ever had the reaction to their name, "Oh yeah, I know that song" more often than Skynyrd.)
    - Soundgarden
    - Blue Oyster Cult

All of these are underrated in my country and they deserve more recognize, since they are better than 90% of the bands around here.
    YES.

Also Ronless Duncan.

AeonWolf

do the monster meteor mash
    Years
  • Well, let's start off with...

- Flyleaf: This band is not as noticed as they were since their first album, which I find quite a shame. The singer of the band has a beautiful voice and had an actual story to the start of her career as a singer, she has a purpose for singing.

- I Set My Friends On Fire: Okay, yes these guys are a Grindcore unit and the fact that they only had one album so far does make them very hard to like, but if you're into the Hardcore Screamo type of thing like I am, these guys are amazing. They have lyrics that are quite random, yes. But whoever said a song needs to be serious all the time? These guys know how to have fun and party.

- NeverShoutNever: This really only applies to guys for underrated, because there are way too many fangirls. ((About 97% of this dude's fan base is female.)) Guys, give Chris Ingle a chance! I did and man, he's pretty cool. He does love songs the right way, has an amazing voice, and plays the freakin ukelele!!! He also is the vocalist for his side project hardcore band, Eatmewhileimhot!, which isn't too bad either.

Flyleaf - pretty popular in my state but that's probably because they have played here a couple times and people actually like them, they get quite a bit of radio time on the rock station here.

I Set My Friends on Fire - Pure party "not that grindcore" band that no one is ever going to like that much. They had a few pretty good covers before they actually had a real album and were under the name The Calvary Kids

NeverShoutNever - pure fangirl base in my opinion (with a couple guys sprinkled in there) that's probably not going to go anywhere because of that fact.

As for the bands/artists that I think are underrated:

Coheed and Cambria - I've been a big fan since their second album and have only recently heard a song of their's (from their fifth album) on the radio, they definately have a strong never dying international fan base but I just don't see why they haven't been recognized publicly like Muse, they've been around just about as long, but I guess people just aren't that into progressive rock.

Serj Tankian - I'm starting to believe that he will only ever be remembered as the front man of SOAD. He's done so much more than be apart of that famous band. His style of music and poetry is much deeper than most of the garbage out there right now. I just hope to God his next album blows the music scene out of the water.

Killswitch Engage - Howard Jones... 'nuff said

Years
  • Artists that deserve more popularity

I was going to start a thread that was about which artists you think should be popular outside your own country as while American artists are usually appreciated worldwide sometimes artist from other countries dont get recognition elsewhere.

Then I remembered in the recent underrated artists thread a lot of people posted artist they think should be better known so here is the artists who deserve more popularity thread.

It'd be good if you came up with some that should be popular outside your own country too.

My personal picks for more recogntion -

Bruno Mars - You'll probably have heard him on Nothin' On you with B.O.B., this led me to listen to some of his other songs and I think he is a really good singer and some of his songs have good lyrics, surprising he isn't as popular.

Kelly Rowland - A lot of people said she was in Beyonce's shadow which is a shame as she is a good artist in her own right.

And I obviously have a few that should be popular out of our country, since our country has an obession with popular American artists so much so that they probably get about the same amount of songs into the charts as our locals do but obviously our music not as appreciated elsewhere.

So them -

Ooh as I searched the billboard 100 to make sure I wouldn't make some mistakes I realised Bruno Mars in there at number 5 so hopefully that continues and I may have to retract that one, oh well.

Glad to actually see some people in there like La Roux, Taio Cruz & The Script, funny to see how late some of them are arriving in your charts though.

Fair enough not as bad as I thought. but still,

Them -

Tinie Tempah - Only burst onto our scene a few months ago but should definitely be recognized over in the States and elsewhere. He's a good rapper and its the least you can do after making us endure Lil Wayne.

Florence & The Machine - Just all round good, should be popular elsewhere.

Pendulum - They aren't even British, they're Australian but not appreciated outside of the UK & Ireland and Australia and New Zealand.

So who do you think?

Back