• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underrated Pokémon

Years
    Gardevoir, huge movepool and rather bulky with 115 Base Special Defense and can counter Gyarados, one threat in the metagame that's physical and Will-O-Wisp lols a all you people thinking you can KO Gardevoir with a single Physical hit underestimating 65 Base Defense >=] Also looks great and it's one of my favorite pokemon. :D

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    How could i forget, another underrate pokemon = Mesprit, its really sturdy, base 105 def is nothing to sneeze at, it can counter DD Mence,Gyarados with ease and Garchomp to an extent, it also has a good support movepool, Calm mind, Reflect, Light Screen, Thunderwave, Stealth Rock etc. Bolt Beam is also very cool on anything.

This pixie would be on every team imo, if its attack was switched with its HP and got Recover. Its still an awesome support pokemon though as is=)

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    How could i forget, another underrate pokemon = Mesprit, its really sturdy, base 105 def is nothing to sneeze at, it can counter DD Mence,Gyarados with ease and Garchomp to an extent, it also has a good support movepool, Calm mind, Reflect, Light Screen, Thunderwave, Stealth Rock etc. Bolt Beam is also very cool on anything.

This pixie would be on every team imo, if its attack was switched with its HP and got Recover. Its still an awesome support pokemon though as is=)

Yeah, I totally agree with this. I often use Mesprit in my teams, it's awesome. imo

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Persian- Sure, it's fragile. However, with Technician + Nasty Plot + Hypnosis, I've managed to sweep teams with it before (A Nasty Plot Technician Water Pulse kills Heatran)

Houndoom- Dark and Fire are pretty good STAB moves. Again it's fragile, but being one of the best counters to Azelf is pretty awesome.

Jynx- I know this baby just got knocked down to UU, but she's still my favorite. Having access to Lovely Kiss makes it special.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Well, since you asked:

- Exeggutor
    - Typhlosion
    - Feraligatr
    - Abomasnow
    - Electrode
    - Muk
    - Pinsir
    - Glalie

To name a few...

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Clamperl. :D'

Blueberry's battle log encouraged me to use it. It's Special Attack can get higher than Deoxys-F's max Special Attack when holding a Deepseatooth and Modest Nature. The wierd thing is it can take averagely powerful hits(not from sweepers though). It catches the opponent by surprise a lot. It works great for me.

Years
    Dunsparce

Why was this pokemon even created? It looks so stupid, its stats are horrible, and NO ONE uses it.

Miltank

I don't know... Its a cow. It produces milk. Big deal. I've never seen or heard of anyone using it except Whitney who is obviously naive because she wont even give you her badge at first.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Clamperl. :D'

Blueberry's battle log encouraged me to use it. It's Special Attack can get higher than Deoxys-F's max Special Attack when holding a Deepseatooth and Modest Nature. The wierd thing is it can take averagely powerful hits(not from sweepers though). It catches the opponent by surprise a lot. It works great for me.

I disagree completely. It can'r sweep due to poor defenses and awful speed, and it is stil lwalled by Blissey, Snorlax, Regice, and waters anyways. Anything in OUs can OHKO it. IMO it's actually overrated since it actually sees use. Chocie Specs or even Life Orb versions of powerful special attackers are way more useful than Clampearl.

As for what I think is underrated...

g3nG4r!11!11!!!!

Blaziken. I get a lot of "it's Infernape except it sucks," but it's a good Agility passer and with speed, it can really hurt some stuff. IMO it's a superior Agiligross (though I don't think too highly of Agiligross).

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I, myself don't use any legendaries when I'm constructing my team online. As per in game, I tend to use the main legendary of the game only (except with gold and silver versions). -- Anyway, I think the main reason people tend to favor Celebi over it, is the fact that Celebi has two types to it, which helps. Where as Shaymin is only a grass type, and can lose to poison moves easily. Celebi, on the other hand can hold it's ground against poison type moves.

Even though it is two types, it gives it the most weaknesses in the game.
    however i think a good example of an underrated pokemon is Cradily.
    People throw it away because of its low attack, even i did it once.
    but once i trained it up a bit, it was a really good pokemon, and with it i was able to make it a great tank for my party.
    not only that but its wide variety of moves and few weaknesses, i made it a great pokemon.
    The same goes for shuckle, but i taught it status enducing moves to make up for its lack of power.

Back