• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unevolved Pokémon Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
  • Sounds like fun, I should get the game tomorrow.

Name: Brian
    Team: Totodile, Growlithe, Mareep, Gligar, Hoothoot
    (with Bidoof as a HM slave if ok as it will not be used for battles, if not whats a good HM slaves that can learn Water HMs so I don't have to ruin my Totodile)
    Challenge Type: Unevolved

There's a rule against Sinnoh & Hoenn Pokemon, as well as trading.

You can only use Sinnoh & Hoenn Pokemon you obtain with the radio programs.

So Bidoof can't be used as an HM Slave until later, after the E4 (probably).

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021

There's a rule against Sinnoh & Hoenn Pokemon, as well as trading.

You can only use Sinnoh & Hoenn Pokemon you obtain with the radio programs.

So Bidoof can't be used as an HM Slave until later, after the E4 (probably).

Well, stuff it, I'll play the game that way anyway, otherwise I would be forced to ruin my totodile with 3 HMs, which is NOT happening, so unless there is a HM slaves that can learn Whirlpool and Waterfall, aswell as two other HMs in HG, I'll play HG like this anyway and just not post here.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Well, stuff it, I'll play the game that way anyway, otherwise I would be forced to ruin my totodile with 3 HMs, which is NOT happening, so unless there is a HM slaves that can learn Whirlpool and Waterfall, aswell as two other HMs in HG, I'll play HG like this anyway and just not post here.

Go ahead. There are other Pokemon you can use as slaves; you don't need to have just one slave, Mr. Obnoxious. I'm using Oddish as a slave as well as another Pokemon for Water Moves. If you want to play with Bidoof, go ahead, but it's not valid in this competition.

Have a fine day :)

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Okay here is what had happened since I started on March 17.

-Started Game and named male player J.D.
    -Did all of the starting things in the game.
    -SR'd a bit to get a timid Cyndaquil
    -Got to Cherrygrove where an old man showed me his house and gave me some shoes and a Pokegear card.
    -Made it to Mr. Pokemon's house then went back.
    -Beat Rival's Totodile
    -Gave egg to Elm and named Rival Silver
    -Made my way to Violet, where Lyra stopped me and gave me a VS recorder (I think that's what it is)
    -Made my way up Sprout Tower, beat everyone, and got flash.
    -Beat Falkner
    -Watched a Kimono Girl Dance
    -Got egg
    -Made my way through a cave
    -Helped Kurt beat Team Rocket
    -Beat Bugsy
    -Beat Rival after losing a couple times.
    -Got those 2 Farfetched back
    -Togepi hatched
    -Got Lyra's and the Day Care people's phone numbers
    -Made it to Goldenrod
    -Got Bike
    -Nicknamed Cyndaquil MARSHMALLOW, Togepi TOGETARO, and my HM Slave Ratatta LIL(female symblo)SLAVE
    -I have been playing the voltorb game for like 3 hours trying to get some coins, I currently have about 950 and I'm trying to get 1k. I'm going to use the coins to SR for some certain natured Abras to Synchronize to get certain natured Pokemon. So i'll catch the rest of my team soon.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Since I started on March 15th:

- Started game and named female character Irène
    - Chose Chikorita and received a Timid Nature (not too bad)
    - Received Running Shoes, Pokedex, Map Card, and Mysterious Egg
    - Beat Rival (Idriss) and gave Mysterious Egg to Prof. Elm
    - Caught a Mareep and leveled both it and Chikorita to Lvl. 17
    - Completely ripped through Spout Tower and Violet City Gym
    - Retrieved Mysterious Egg from Prof. Elm's Aid
    - Received HM06 and completed Ruins of Alph Kabuto puzzle
    - Arrived in Azalea and defeated Team Rocket with ease
    - Defeated Bugsy and after, Rival Idriss
    - Completed the Farfetch'd Puzzle; acquired a Vulpix
    - Won 3rd place in the Bug Catching Contest
    - Togepi hatched; I named him Abyad
    - Leveled all Pokemon to Lvl. 27 before defeating Bugsy
    - Caught Sudowoodo (collection purposes)
    - Obtained Eevee; bred it with Ditto and kept the Naive-natured offspring
    - Defeated Rival in Ekruteak City and released the legendary dogs
    - Defeated Morty with ease
    - Arrived in Olivine City; defeated all trainers in the lighthouse
    - Arrived in Cianwood City; defeated Chuck with a Lvl. 33 Mareep
    - Leveled all Pokemon to 37, except Eevee (currently: 32), on Route 38

Current Pokemon Team:

Chikorita [Timid] [M] Lvl. 37 (Akdar - "Green")
    - Synthesis; Magical Leaf; Reflect; Body Slam
    Vulpix [Timid] [F] Lvl. 38 (Humra - "Red")
    - SafeGuard; Flamethrower; Payback; Quick Attack
    Mareep [Modest] [M] Lvl. 37 (Asfar - "Yellow")
    - Discharge; Light Screen; Tackle; Thunder Wave
    Eevee [Naive] [M] Lvl. 32 (Asmarun - "Brown")
    - Dig; Attract; Shadow Ball; Return

Eevee has been trying to evolve into Umbreon/Espeon since Lvl. 21 :\ I really need more Everstones rofl

Waiting on others to do the challenge with us :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2010
    Just saw this. I'll join in the fun I'll update later with a team. This should be fun.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Great; that makes four lol Post a new reply when you have a team so I know when to update, or leave me a PM / Visitor's Message.

One of the best HM Slaves I've found:

Tauros
    - Strength
    - Surf
    - Whirlpool
    - Rock Climb
    - Rock Smash

Farfetch'd
    - Fly
    - Cut

Last edited:

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Not much has happened.
    -I'm currently addicted to the voltorb game.
    -I finally got 1000 coins out of that game, now I just have to figure out what natured Abra's to get.

I will update with my team later.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • You want either Timid or Modest Abra; both natures decrease Abra's useless ATK and increase either Speed (Timid) or SP. ATK (Modest), two prime factors of the Abra family.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • You want either Timid or Modest Abra; both natures decrease Abra's useless ATK and increase either Speed (Timid) or SP. ATK (Modest), two prime factors of the Abra family.

Oh no I'm using the Abra's synchronizing ability to have a higher rate to catch Pokemon with the same nature as it. I'm very picky about my natures! XD So if I use an Adament Abra I will have a higher rate of catching a Pokemon with that nature....I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Are pokemon caught on the pokewalker allowed?

As long as they're Kanto/Johto Pokemon, and unevolved.

And I see lol XD well, what PokeNature are you probably looking for the most, based on your team? Attract a Ditto of that nature, so you can mass-breed.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • As long as they're Kanto/Johto Pokemon, and unevolved.

And I see lol XD well, what PokeNature are you probably looking for the most, based on your team? Attract a Ditto of that nature, so you can mass-breed.

I'm just going to stick with the synchronizing due to not feeling like breeding and hatching (I have like 4 boxes on Pearl that still need to be hatched). XD

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i think i am going to try this once i start my heartgold game. the only pokemon i know at the moment i will be using are growlithe and totodile. but i will let you know for sure once i start the game

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    Sounds fun, I'm tempted to start over. I'm playing SS, but I have a Heart Gold...that's not been used. I'll see if I can use that one, and if so, I'll do this challenge.

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
    Years
  • oh this game is very big and with this challenge it will be more difficult XD kk imma gonna join this once i finish HG but umm if u could add the challnge catch all pokes form kanto n jhoto then this challenge would be truly challenging LOL

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • MadamB, if you do decide to participate, post your team so I can update the main post.

Chaos Uxie, you can catch all the Pokemon if you want as a personal challenge; I'm avoiding it in the main post, however, as to avoid confusion about evolving your Pokemon, trading in Pokemon, etc.

I'll add a note next to your name in the main post if you do acquire all Pokemon in HGSS, though, without trading from other games (which means, Pokemon you can't get in HGSS don't count naturally). I'll add another note if you trade in Pokemon from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum to complete the PokeDex (but you can't trade in Pokemon available in HGSS, unless it's a version exclusive).

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    So how is everyone? Where are you all now, have you faced any difficulty yet?

If you're there yet, how was the elite four?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I need to train my Pokemon to 50 or higher to defeat Claire... I did a battle with my sister with her level 40 evolved Pokemon from Diamond and I could only defeat one of them. I had 42-44s at the time, too. It was a double battle, though.

'am training :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back