• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unevolved Pokémon Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    I'm going to use Heart Gold and do this challenge. My niece can always start over, and I'll keep it in mint condition, the case will only be missing the plastic =P plus she might already have this game.

I think I'll start off with Cyndaquil. So far I love the warmness of Heart Gold. Boy or Girl hmm...I guess I'll go with girl again. But the boy icon is cute, looks like a tomboyish girl. I named her Glory. I started SS on the 21st and in four days I'm at the elite four. Talk about taking it slow =P

So I had a boy Cyndaquil the first time (rash nature), but decided to sr, got I girl the second time and named it Flare. Ooh, she has a mild nature and is impetuous and silly. Not bad...though she has less health than the other Cynda. But I'll keep her.

I love when it's the evening in the game. It's so pretty. I'll try to catch a Mareep as well as a Gastly. Not sure which flying pokemon I want. I think I'll go with hoothoot, more psychic attacks.

I'll update more later. Soon you soon!

UPDATE: My current team is Cyndaquile (Flare), Bellsprout (Bell), and Mareep (Sparky). I'm grinding Mareep and Bell to catch up with Flare. I've added Wooper and Hoothoot to the team.

Last edited:

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Not much has happened since I last updated. I caught a Male Adament Nidoran, and I'm currently working on catching a Pidgey. After that I will try to go and get the rest of my team.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    I wish this thread was around when I started playing, I should have waited...
    Anyways, I would like to take up the challenge in the near future. As a placeholder, this is what I would like to be my savefile:
    Name: Dartz
    Team: Pichu; Mareep; Magnemite; Voltorb; Chinchou; Electrike
    Challenge Type: unevolved, mono-type
    Can I only trade one pokemon over? It seems the amount of electric type first evolutions is very limited so I might not use it.

Name: Zals
    Team: Slowpoke; Krabby; Chinchou; Horsea; Quilfish; Lapras
    Challenge Type: Unevolved, Mono-type
    Since it didn't specify when I have to get my first pokemon, I will catch slowpoke at the well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    Name: Glory
    Team: Cyndaquile; Mareep; Bellsprout; HootHoot; Wooper
    Challenge Type: Unevolved

Is that how you do it?

I'll update more later about what's going on.

Hypergaming

Pikachu Palace!
    Years
  • Man, I would love to take this challenge, but I rather not start over now....
    Maybe after I beat it a first time i'll come back...

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Im currently playing HG right now but once I finish may I join?

Name: Chaos11011
    Team: Cyndaquil;Milktank;Zubat;Wooper;Mankey;Magnemite

Challenge Type: Unevolved

jirachis_best_friend

Aura Hunter
    Years
  • Ooh. This sounds super-tough but very interesting. My only issue is that I can't restart my game. I have the Spikey-Eared Pichu and I don't wanna lose the little cutie T^T But does anyone know about if you restart a game and have a Pokemon in the PokeWalker can you retrieve it with your new file? If I can do that then I'd so do this challenge! And use the Pichu as one of my entries ^^

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Is it okay if we change our team. If so I've decided to change it to: Cyndaquil, Heracross, Nidoran (M), Chinchou, Aipom, and Pidgey.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2010
    Awesome o-o Lots of people suddenly!

I'll add the new guys to the list.

MadamB, you're missing one Pokemon ^^;

I've been training Eevee, so she's part of my team now. My team is made up of all girls xP.

Years
  • This sounds like fun, I've ordered SS and it should be arriving this week sometime.
    However, before I join the band wagon I think I'll do a first play through and on the second, have a go at this challenge :)

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Great; always wonderful to have more participants ;p

[Edit]

Just beat Claire with mostly Level 45 Eevee & Return combo. It was faster than all her Pokemon, even Kingdra.

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Yeah Imma start now because on my Old HG File Lance was being annoying and im pissed.So yeah Going to start now.Right after I change my Signature.

EDIT:Started out with a Female Cyndaquil (Flannery) which is Bashful (I would have SRed for another one but since it was femal I kept it.Did the boring stuff and caught a Male Hoothoot (Falkner) and was Mild and Keen Eye ability which im growing to hate because it was supposed to be a Def.Bulky Wall but since it gave it a Sp.Atk Boost i was like whatever.I beat Falkner easily with Ember+Hypnosis.I caught a Male Wooper (CrashrWake) and it was a Water Absorber (:D) so I can get the upper hand against Water Types.It was Mild so that pissed me off because this was supposed to be my Sp.Def Wall but since i really didnt want to search for another Water Absorb Wooper I kept it.I adjusted my DS Clock back to the Original Time.

Team

Lvl 14 Flannery Tackle,Quick Attack,Smokescreen,Ember
    Lvl 14 Falkner Tackle,Growl,Hypnosis,Peck
    Lvl 6 CrashrWake Water Gun,Tail Whip,Mudsport

Sprites in the Next Update.............How was my Update?Should I keep this format or try something new?

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Yeah, that's fine as a format :P Have fun~ It takes a long time; I'm at 65h and most of my Pokemon are 47, except Dratini who's 28.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    From where I left of:I entered the Union Cave.And I found TM Rock Tomb.Wooper Swept through the whole cave.I fought Team Rocket in the Well and asked Kurt to make 2 Heavy Balls.Bugzy was a breeze Cyndaquil swept his whole team and Hoot-Hoot swept his underlings (Gym Trainers)Fought the Rival Hoot-Hoot killed Ghastly.Cyndaquil killed Zubat.Croconaw was a little bit more complicated.It was a Mud shot stall war with Wooper till it decided to Rage.So it got a +1 Atk Boost and used bite.I had 8 hp Left and it flinched Wooper.I decided to use Hoot-Hoot as death fodder and I did.After that I used Cyndaquil and killed it with a Quick Attack.Cyndaquil also learned Flame Wheel after hitting Lvl 19.Heading into the forest.

Lvl 19
    Quick Attack
    Flame Wheel
    Ember
    Tackle

Lvl 14
    Tackle
    Uproar
    Peck
    Hypnosis

Lvl 14
    Water Gun
    Mud Sport
    Mud Shot
    Tail Whip

In addition:Every update I will have a question depending on where I am in the game

Question:Based on my team in my Sig (the orange one) Should I teach Rock Tomb to any of them and to who?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • If anyone, I would say Mankey, since then it'd be able to take out Flying Pokemon easier. It's also a Physical-contact attack so goes well with Mankey's ATK.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Yeah I was leaning toward Mankey or No one at all.I also might teach one of my pokemon Taunt just for Whitney and Morty.I might keep it though.Right now im searching which pokemon can learn it

Edit:Never mind Mankey is the only one that can learn it and well I cant get it before i fight them

DeluxeSilver

Sora x Roxas= Epic Gay
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    Trainer's Name: Jack H
    Badges: 8 (Johto)
    Pokemon:
    Typhlosion

Ho-oh

Garadose

Geodude

Spearrow