• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unevolved Pokémon Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Welcome to the Unevolved Pokemon Challenge (Includes Unevolved Mono-Type & Baby Challenge)!

Introduction

This thread is specifically for HeartGold & SoulSilver, since it's the largest game of all the series (two regions). The goal of this challenge is to finish the entire game, not with mono-type, but unevolved Pokémon. Taking this challenge with unevolved, mono-type Pokémon would be tougher and is allowed. The baby challenge is also permitted!

What You Need

- Patience.
- A copy of HeartGold or SoulSilver

General Rules

1) No hacked Pokémon of any kind.
2) No legendaries of any kind.
3) If a Pokémon has an official baby Pokémon (i.e. Pichu is the official baby of Pikachu), the first stage Pokémon (in this case, Pikachu) is not permitted.
4) Pokémon trades are prohibited; you must grind your own Pokémon like they were meant to be grind...ed >>
5) You have the rights to an HM Slave, but it, too, must be unevolved.
6) You can use HMs as Pokémon moves.
7) The game ends when you defeat Red (that means, defeating both Johto & Kanto completely).
8) Only Pokémon from Johto & Kanto are permitted; Hoenn & Sinnoh sound Pokémon are fine. You cannot use any Pokémon unavailable in HGSS normally!
9) You may trade only this item: Everstone; you cannot trade any other items, including TMs, to your HGSS game from any other system
10) All hold items are acceptable; go for it, as long as it was found and acquired in HGSS
11) Unevolvable Pokémon are acceptable; i.e. Lapras
12) Pokémon caught on the PokéWalker are permitted, so long as they aren't evolved and so long as they are Kanto/Johto Pokémon

Mono-Type Rules

In addition to the General Rules:

13) If you choose to add the "mono-type" into the challenge, you can only use your starter, assuming it's not your chosen type, until you can catch Pokémon of the type your using in the challenge. You must then stop using it.
14) If you choose a type that's difficult to acquire at the beginning (i.e. Steel), you must trade for a non-evolved version of the Pokémon from another game as soon as possible.
15) Dual-typing is fine (i.e. Bulbasaur is Poison&Grass and would count for both the Poison and the Grass challenges)

Baby Rules

In addition to the General Rules:

16) Baby Pokémon do not mean "Pokémon bred"; it means the official baby Pokémon. Pichu, Igglybuff, Togepi, etc. are examples of official baby Pokémon.

Banned Pokemon

- Ditto
- "Flying" Pikachu
- "Surfing" Pikachu

WANT TO PARTCIPATE? Use this format:

Name:
Team:
Challenge Type:

Be aware that "Name" refers to your forum name.

Guarantees

- I guarantee you will never be discluded from a challenge based on inactivity with posting updates
- I guarantee you will never be discluded from a challenge for making a mistake, unless it's entirely contrary to the rules; in this case, I will merely state to start over, since it's no longer valid for the challenge
- I guarantee you will never be discluded from a challenge for being grumpy, unless you become offensive and break PC's rules

Challengers

Name: Yusshin
Team: Chikorita; Mareep; Vulpix; Dratini; Larvitar; Eevee
Challenge Type: Unevolved

Name: Xadet
Team: Chikorita; Mareep; Scyther; Heracross; Growlithe; Dratini
Team 2: Totodile; Natu; Scyther; Larvitar; Dratini; Growlithe

Name: Ru-kun
Team: Cyndaquil; Pidgey; Chinchou; Nidoran [M]; Heracross; Aipom

Name: Chaos11011
Team: Cyndaquil; Miltank; HootHoot; Wooper; Mankey; Magnemite

Name: MadamB
Team: Cyndaquil; Mareep; Bellsprout; HootHoot; Wooper; Eevee

Name: BlueDartX
Team: Slowpoke; Krabby; Chinchou; Horsea; Quilfish; Lapras
Challenge Type: Unevolved, Mono-Type

Name : Umbreonic Aura
Team : Cyndaquil; HootHoot; Geodude; Wooper; Mareep; Togepi

- Will Restart Challenge After Acquiring HG

Name: LordDusk
Team: Chikorita; Vulpix; Mareep; Dratini; Pidgey; Machop

Name: Sapphyres
Team: Undetermined; "Play as I Go"
Challenge Type: Unevolved; Mono-Type; Mono-Colour

Name: syphilis
Team: Chikorita; Geodude; Farfetch'd; Nidoran-M; Poliwag; Machop

Name: jmd34
Team: Totodile; Scyther; Eevee; Dratini; Miltank; Vulpix

Name: Sire
Team: Cyndaquil (To-Be-Seen)

Name: Billios
Team: (To-Be-Seen)

Name: .Tamer
Team: Chikorita; Mareep; Eevee; Heracross; Slowpoke; Unevolved HM Slave

Name: dec_uk
Team: (To-Be-Seen)

Do state your team and your challenge type if you're interested! :)

Support Banner for Challenge

PHP:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=211006][img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/greendart1/Pokemon/unevolvedchallenge-iaza.gif[/img][/url]

Thanks BlueDartX!

Related Threads

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I've started my Silver with a level 1 Spiritomb, and don't plan on using any other beside him, does that count?

General Rules said:
8) Only Pokémon from Johto & Kanto are permitted; Hoenn & Sinnoh sound Pokémon are fine. You cannot use any Pokémon unavailable in HGSS normally!

): Nope, doesn't count. Spiritomb's a Sinnoh Pokémon and needs to be traded from DPPT to be acquired.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I Think I will Join this challenge.
Always wondered what it would be like to destroy everything with Newb pokemans. :D

I Will Edit this post with Trainer Cards of Pokemon Team(s) I have Chosen.
Please Tell me Which teams are accepted and not Accepted. ^_^

EDIT. Won't let me Post them D:
Can't post anything with links till i get enough Posts.

Anyways; I'll still post them when i can, However ill just put pokemon Names for a list.

If Spelt any wrong, I'm just going by whats in my head.

Team1: Team2:
Chikorita Totodile
Mareep Natu
Scyther Scyther
Heracross Larvitar
Growlithe Dratini
Dratini Growlithe

If these Teams have pokemon that are Unusable, Please tell me and i'll just Mix and Match them :D
Won't start this till i catch some of the harder ones to find and trade them to Soulsilver from HeartGold :P <--- Still mine, Does this count? D:

Last edited:

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
Years
I Think I will Join this challenge.
Always wondered what it would be like to destroy everything with Newb pokemans. :D

I Will Edit this post with Trainer Cards of Pokemon Team(s) I have Chosen.
Please Tell me Which teams are accepted and not Accepted. ^_^

EDIT. Won't let me Post them D:
Can't post anything with links till i get enough Posts.

Anyways; I'll still post them when i can, However ill just put pokemon Names for a list.

If Spelt any wrong, I'm just going by whats in my head.

Team1: Team2:
Chikorita Totodile
Mareep Natu
Scyther Scyther
Heracross Larvitar
Growlithe Dratini
Dratini Growlithe

If these Teams have pokemon that are Unusable, Please tell me and i'll just Mix and Match them :D
Won't start this till i catch some of the harder ones to find and trade them to Soulsilver from HeartGold :P <--- Still mine, Does this count? D:
Can't trade over pokemons, so just catch them as you can get them xD, So for example get Chikorita and Mareep at the start of the game, then get Scyther and Hercross at golden rod, and then get Growlith outside goldenrod, then get the extrm spd dratini from the dragon den xD.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
I already started and evolved two Pokemon, and I have one badge. Is it ok to just start the challenge from there with new Pokemon?

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Ru-kun, you'd need to restart. The idea is to get all the badges with unevolved Pokemon - unless you can prove all your Pokemon were unevolved before obtained Falkner's badge.

One-stage only Pokemon are fine, of course, but Lapras would be later in the game, since you can't trade :P

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
Ru-kun, you'd need to restart. The idea is to get all the badges with unevolved Pokemon - unless you can prove all your Pokemon were unevolved before obtained Falkner's badge.

That makes sense. I'll think about it. I'd like to have started on the day it came out, but I guess starting on St. Pat's day would be fine. OK I'll join! Is it ok to trade over everstones?

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
Yeah, just not Pokemon.

I'm going to add a "No items except Everstone" trade rule, actually.

Thanks I'm going to start once I figure out my team.

EDIT: I was wondering if I could have one little exeption and trade over the level 10 pidgey that I caught and raised on my current HG file? If not then I'll just catch another one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2018
Questions:
1) Are we allowed to hack to get our starters?
2) Can we hack to get 6 everstones? (I will find it too annoying to have to go through the evolution cutscene over and over again. :s
3) Can we use pokemon that never evolve?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Ru, you'd need to catch a new pidgey. It'd have the 1.5x level rate otherwise.

angrybanana, you are not allowed to hack to get multiple starters. You can do whatever you want on other games to import Everstones, but you cannot tamper with your actual HGSS file / ROM / cartridge. You can use Pokemon that never evolve, and I'll add that to the main post.

I need teams and the type of challenge you're going for from all participants to add to the main post!

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2018

angrybanana, you are not allowed to hack to get multiple starters. You can do whatever you want on other games to import Everstones, but you cannot tamper with your actual HGSS file / ROM / cartridge. You can use Pokemon that never evolve, and I'll add that to the main post.

Well, if I want to do the dragon monotype challenge how would I get one?

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Main Post said:
13) If you choose a type that's difficult to acquire at the beginning (i.e. Steel), you must trade for a non-evolved version of the Pokemon from another game as soon as possible.

You would trade for Steel, Dragon, and Dark Pokemon specifically.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Name: Ru-kun
Team: Cyndaquil; Pidgey; Chinchou; Bellsprout; Spinarak; Aipom

God Damn that'll be a Hard team to use. D:
Well, I Would hate to level the Bellsprout and Spinarak.
Besides that, Chinchou sounds Epic. ^_^

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
How's everyone doing?

So far:

Chikorita (Lvl. 26) [Male]
Nature: Timid
Movepool: Tackle; Synthesis; Magical Leaf; Reflect

Mareep (Lvl. 27) [Male]
Nature: Modest
Movepool: Thundershock; Thunderwave; Charge; Tackle

Vulpix (Lvl. 19) [Female]
Nature: Timid
Movepool: Ember; Wil 'o Wisp; Confuse Ray; Quick Attack

Currently grinding Vulpix and Chikorita to 27 before taking on Whitney.

I had to breed to get that Timid Vulpix; luckily I caught a Modest Ditto earlier to do that lol

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
Sounds like fun, I should get the game tomorrow.

Name: Brian
Team: Totodile, Growlithe, Mareep, Gligar, Hoothoot
(with Bidoof as a HM slave if ok as it will not be used for battles, if not whats a good HM slaves that can learn Water HMs so I don't have to ruin my Totodile)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back