• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular Opinions

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Post any unpopular Pokemon anime opinions you have here.

However, avoid causing discourse over other's opinions . Thank you.

Guest123_x1

I have an opinion on the Pokémon anime that the majority of fans would consider to be "unpopular": The show really went downhill and wasn't worth watching once Misty left. She had been traveling with Ash through three regions (two of which were in the main series games); Kanto, Orange Islands; and Johto. Initially, she followed Ash to get him to pay for destroying her bike, which she reminded him about often, especially in the earlier part of the Original Series. I also remember her fiery temper that she often had throughout her time with Ash.

Another "unpopular" opinion (at least on here) of mine is that Serena looks cuter post-haircut and outfit change. Her original look was cute enough, and I had mixed feelings when I first found out about her new look, but it soon grew on me.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    Don't know if this is unpopular or not, but I personally think Sinnoh was the best section of the anime, it was the peak of Ash's journey so far through the anime in my opinion and Ash/Dawn make a great pair (friendship pair, not shipping but ey pearlshipping ftw tho xD).
    I'd really enjoyed Dawn and didn't have a problem of her "constant complaining" or "short skirt", she went through a great character development with Ash, and surprisingly Brock as well! They'd included Brock more in my opinion with the whole Lake Trio arc

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    The first two aren't really unpopular in my experience. There are many people who hold those opinions. But that's just my thoughts.

On the other hand, I personally ally thought Best Wishes was great. The dynamics between Ash and his two companions were neat and had variety compared to XY which doesn't hold too many conflicts within the group. While Ash was clueless and outright dumb he also had some impressive insights as well. Maybe not so much with battling, but other aspects of being a trainer. The many moments between Ash and Pikachu make me really miss it too, compared to XYZ that has lately given me little.

Of course, Best Wishes has its major flaws but I enjoyed it for what it was and would enjoy watching it again in the future because it had its own beautiful moments.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    - Johto is my all time favourite saga.
    - I don't like May as much as the other girls.
    - I like some of the 4Kids dub music.
    - I know this is biased because Quilava is one of my favourite Pokemon, but I think Ash should use his Quilava more.
    - I want Iris to return at some point in XY&Z.
    - I think Ash's Turtwig shouldn't have evolved.
    - I know this is random, but I want Ash or one of his companions to get a Sneasel.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    My unpopular opinion? I guess it's that I think Jessie, James and Meowth should either be more serious villains (like they were during first two Unova seasons) or been get rid. Seriously, most of the time, their antics are too predictable and that hurts the show IMO. That's my opinion which I am sure will be unpopular by many. That and the fact I don't like both Sarah Natochenny and Veronica Taylor's Ash. Neither of them sounds like ten years old boy Ash is still supposed to be. Yes, and I hate Eric Stuart's James and love Jimmy Zoppi's one ;) I guess those may be unpopular opinions too.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    -I think Brock should have gotten to date an Nurse Joy
    -I think they really should have put interest in a relationship between Dawn and Zoey
    -I think May should have caught the Swablu
    -I think Ash should have met his dad somewhere in storyline
    -I don't like how gym leaders keep leaving their gyms to travel with Ash
    -Ash should be 17 years old by now and Pikachu should be at level 100 and not be able to be beaten by weak pokemon
    -Ash should interact with more of his older pokemon
    -Ash should have caught a legendary and release it after league battle, because he wouldn't use it in his next journey anyways

Years
    - Like Alice said, Ash's Turtwig shouldn't have evolved.
    - Ash shouldn't have owned all Unova starters at once.
    - I find Serena's original design more bland than her new design.
    - Ash being called a kid by Iris irritated me every time.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
    Serena's original design seems more boring than her newer design.

I really enjoyed Hoenn, and it was the best anime series until XY&Z came around.

Z is the most interesting Pokemon series in a good while. I love Pokemon, I've always loved Pokemon, and I will continue to love Pokemon, but I really didn't find DPPt or Best Wishes to be that interesting, save for Dent, and a few of Hikari's contests.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    The Current writing stuff favor New characters over Ash because those character are their creation and Ash is Takeshi Shodu's Team Creation.
    That's Why Alain , Shota , Trip , Cameron and Drew gets free thing because the Current writing stuff created them.
    In fact , Ash need to beat Shota and Alain in Kalos League because the last thing the anime need is people comparing Ash with Red and Alain as failure.
    Plus , They shoved an Anime exclusive evolution on Ash So they must make Ash-Greninja better then all the Mega Ash could had with a Keystone.
    So , Ash losing the Kalos League is the ultimate proof of this unpopular opinion.

Back