• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular Pokemon.....Do you like them?

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Mmm, I don't know about "unpopular", but I love having uncommon Pokemon on my team. I don't like re-using Pokemon either. I'm some kind of weird perfectionist that likes to be original. So yeah. I've used Tentacruel, Wigglytuff, Victreebell, Fearow and Parasect before. Also, since I've never played Gen II, most of the Johto Pokemon are "uncommon" and "rare" to me, so I really like them.

Oh, and a few unpopular/uncommon Pokemon nobody mentioned: Sunkern/Sunflora, Snubull/Granbull, Wooper/Quagsire, Qwilfish, and Clamperl & evos.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    I also like Golbat one of the most unpopular I think

I would say that Golbat is quite a common choice. I use him in my team.

I adore most pokemon. But... I.... HATE Carnevine! What were they thinking? Its completey pointless? Its just an ugly, weak Victreebell. It shows no orginality and dosn't even have an evo line.

Anyone agree?

Yes, I agree. I see people using it and I'm like 'Why??'. It's stats are pretty low for a non-evolving pokemon anyway.

Last edited:

AmitieFan985

Let's Drill!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2011
    I really love Gardevoir. Also like Ninetales.

There are other Pokemon I like that are also unpopular, but those are the only two I can think of at the moment.

Last edited:
    Years
    Most of my team usually consists of unpopular Pokemon. I hate how they're always judged based on stats alone with no regard to strategy whatsoever.

A Dunsparce with Roost, Glare, Screech, and Return can down Lugias and Snorlaxes and such without much trouble. A Kecleon, when used against a special attacker, with subsitute and double team with leftovers is beastly. Pachirisu makes an amazing annoyer if the opposing Pokemon doesn't know EQ.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Is Yanma unpopular? I don't really hear about it all that often, but regardless, it is one of my more favorite pokemon for my in-game teams. 8D

Ev Trainer X

Your average insane gamer
    Years
    I think Shedinja is pretty underrated. I actually have one in my Uber team. I've seen a Shedinja wall an entire team of Ubers once. It was epic.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I like to try and like different Pokemon that not many like, and friends at school said I have done a very good job at it. But the reason I want to like the uncommon is because it surprises people. Or I just like to be different...meh.

Ampharos is an electric type I've not seen many like it either but, that's one I really like. Hmm, I suppose because everyone is wrapped up in loving Salamence and the other popular dragons, Flygon can be forgotton quite a bit too, there are a few fans of it though don't get me wrong. Aipom and Ambipom, not many like the Aipom evolution set yes it may not be used because it's not exactly very good to fight with, but it's adorable in it's baby form and when it grows up you've got a Stat passer if you train it right. Wigglytuff anyone? Not many people like Wigglytuff, although at first I didn't really like it much, but it's growing on me. Breloom? I've seen it in battle for EV training, that's really it not many has it for a favourite, well except moi. xp

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    I like to try and like different Pokemon that not many like, and friends at school said I have done a very good job at it. But the reason I want to like the uncommon is because it surprises people. Or I just like to be different...meh.

Ampharos is an electric type I've not seen many like it either but, that's one I really like. Hmm, I suppose because everyone is wrapped up in loving Salamence and the other popular dragons, Flygon can be forgotton quite a bit too, there are a few fans of it though don't get me wrong. Aipom and Ambipom, not many like the Aipom evolution set yes it may not be used because it's not exactly very good to fight with, but it's adorable in it's baby form and when it grows up you've got a Stat passer if you train it right. Wigglytuff anyone? Not many people like Wigglytuff, although at first I didn't really like it much, but it's growing on me. Breloom? I've seen it in battle for EV training, that's really it not many has it for a favourite, well except moi. xp

You and I have very similar taste in Pokemon. :)
    I vowed to use an Aipom during my current run through because I realized I never trained one before. It's an Ambipom right now and I absoloutely adore it!

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    You and I have very similar taste in Pokemon. :)
    I vowed to use an Aipom during my current run through because I realized I never trained one before. It's an Ambipom right now and I absoloutely adore it!

Hehe, we both have good taste then. :)
    I did that in Hoenn region, by transfering it to a new starting game as I had never used one. That's what got me into Aipom, and Ambipom, I just couldn't resist! Heck yeah, go Aipom and Ambipom! <3

Oh, oh, oh, another one I just remembered! The Slowbro evolution, I've not heard of many liking that one either, that's one I've adored from the beginning. You stupid, brainless Pokemon, I love you. <3

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I actually like them if they have good move options and some good stats, especially if they're easily forgettable.
    I'm using Kangaskhan in my in-game team, and I actually like it. It learning Outrage is what helped me to beat Clair in the first place, even though it got 2HKO'd by hydro pump after almost killing kingdra.
    I think it's really nice since it's stats(save special attack) are average or above average, and it learns some pretty neat moves.
    Tauros would also be here, but I actually decided that Kangaskhan would be better in the long run D:

Years
    Paras is unpopular? Well, it might not be the best of all Pokemon, but you wouldn't want to meet them in your basement, right? Things you wouldn't want to meet in your basement are generally awesome (with the exception of mice maybe), and awesome things should be popular, I think...
    Or Muk and Fearow, I can't see why they are unpopular. Both are very good Pokemon and I really like using them. How can you not like a pile of slime with superpowers or an evil (I rarely watch the anime, but I happen to that know most Fearows are antagonists there), majestic looking giant bird?

What else is considered unpopular...? Zubat and Tenta. Well, they are common, but as said before, both their evolutions are very well usable, they're a lot better than some a lot rarer stuff (for example, I can't see Qwilfish beating Tentacruel...)

Slowpoke? Slowpoke is actually one of the most present Pokemon in the internet, second only to Mudkip and maybe Seaking. Oh, and Magikarp.
    Speaking of Magikarp, I just can't realize, how people can hate that thing, they should hate Feebas instead or go die in a fire I mean, it is just pure awesome...

What else might I say... I think there are, while there are some, still not enough people who hate Arceus, it's the worst idea GF ever had. At least when not counting Feebas.

Edit: wait, I talked a lot, but apart from the Magikarp thing, it was all pretty off topic. So: I do like some of the unpopular Pokemon, like Fearow, Muk, Jumpluff, Raticate, Geodude and Tentacruel, but then again there are some I don't care about, most of this kind are just forgettable like Stantler, and some I do also hate, like Bidoof.

Nichola

Secretly Psychic
    Years
    Tentacool seems to be unpopular - and I hate when it randomly turns up when you're surfing and you forget a repel.
    Just my opinion though.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    Wow...it angers me knowing Paras was voted most unpopular. I LOVE THAT LITTLE GUY!! He's great in the game, and come on, has anyone NOT seen his episode in the anime? I laugh just thinking about.

Magikarp evolves into freaking Gyrados, so hell yeah, I respect the 'karp.

I like alot of the underdogs. I always thought Muk was kinda cool. I don't build my team based off who's 'strongest' or who's 'coolest'. I use the Pokemon I like! =D

EDIT: I love Tentacool/Tentacruel, too. Sure, I don't like running into them all the time when I surf, but they're still good Pokemon. I also adore Psyduck. He's a bada$$.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    I always use pokemon that nobody else uses, or pokemon that you often find on routes and are regarded as 'annoying' and 'weak'. I love using them, because I feel so sorry when my friends ditch them :(

And often I'll ditch my starter pokemon as soon as possible If I've redone the game often. It gets boring to always find someone using a starter imo.

And I NEVER use legendaries in my parties.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    There are two pokemon that I have used in more games than any other. I've recently come to learn that their unevolved forms are unanimously considered the most hated pokemon in the game. XD

You forgot Geodude...I like mamoswine and jynx...

Back